Cloning the random Mandalorian bounty hunter

>Cloning the random Mandalorian bounty hunter
>In the Galaxy filled with literal space wizards

Why didnt they just clone a fucking Jedi? Wouldnt a force army have been far more effective than dudes with guns?

Take it back to /tv/, this isn't your place for every conceivable bait argument.

>Why didn't the army being purposefully made under the Jedi's nose make force sensitive clones?

Gee, I fucking wonder.

Force-sensitive clones have a tendency to go completely bug fucknuts crazy

> Hey, Veeky Forums, why something from the prequels was stupid?
Gee, I wonder. Disney should have made the prequels non-canon together with EU, nothing of value would be lost.

Hey now. Pod racing as a concept and the vidya were pretty baller.

It was just, you know, everything actually related to Jedi and Star Wars as a whole that sucked.

Also, this is a good opportunity to dump this pic.

Yeah the guy whose goal is to wipe out the Jedi creating a bunch of Jedi.

Can't clone force sensitives due to resonance within the force. Or some bullshit like that. They explored it in the EU, though in one book someone finally figured out how to do it using anti-force lizards.

Because it's basically a fairy tale for children you're taking too seriously.

>Mandalorian
Grampa get with the times

For all the shit Traviss (righfully) got for her books, the way Jango is portrayed was good. He was chosen because he was already well established as a bounty hunter, widely known in the mandamorian community.

Mandalorians are built for the role anyway. An army of force sensitives is a patently ridiculous idea for a host of really obvious reasons.

>People still thinking Jango was a Mandalorian
Kek

Specifically it was that cloning somebody creates an echo that's essentially the result of the Force going "hang on, what the fuck, why is there suddenly two of this guy", which lasts until the clone has been alive long enough to create their own "identity" within the Force (life, experience, etc.), so it's no longer seeing double (or millions, as the case may be) and stops exerting an immense pressure on the clone's mind and personality because it thinks they're wrong.

Generally that timeline was given as taking no less than one year using accelerated clone growth, preferably much more, since one year still had a very high chance of instability. What was figured out, by Thrawn unsurprisingly, was that if you used those ysalamiri lizards (which push back the Force in a bubble around them as a defense mechanism to hide from Force-using predator species on their homeworld) to block the Force away from the cloning tanks, you could ignore the one year minimum and grow fully battle-ready clones within the span of about two weeks. These clones still feel "odd" and "weird" if sensed through the Force, but since it can't detect the echo that happens when they're being grown, it never applies the pressure.

Under the EU logic, the Kamino clones were never an issue, because they were grown over the span of several years and had plenty of time to adapt. As Yoda said once, they were all different within the Force: they had their own identity.

Force-sensitive clones, for obvious reasons, are far more susceptible to this Force-exerted pressure, which tends to manifest in lots of unpleasant ways. The clone of one Jedi Master was an insane Dark Jedi. The clone of Luke Skywalker was mindless. When Vader tried cloning a Dark Jedi to create a battalion of Force-sensitive clone soldiers, they betrayed him and their programming shattered, even though they were gene-bred and conditioned to always obey his orders.

>Jango
>Mandalorian
>even before the buyout
user, I...

Minichlorines can only be transferred by a direct blood transfusion.
Come on, everyone should know this.

Did you miss the part where the guy who signed off on the clone army wanted to get rid of all the Jedi

I heard a rumour that the clones were originally gonna be force-sensitive, and that Obiwan was one of them (his name is literally his designation number of OB-1).

Just fan theory, as I recall.

What sort of pressure does the Force exert? What is it like to be under that?

Also, yeah. Prequels suck, why did you expect something logical here?

In a Star Wars campaign that is exploring this issue. All the PCs are force-sensitive clones.

Cant anyone be a Mandalorian?

>Cool setting expansion
>Younger version of a fan favourite, strong silent type (and both versions die like bitches)
>Shittier versions of supporting characters from the other version
>Retarded, unneeded sources of magic that have never been mentioned before
>Shit comic relief
>Cool but underused and/or underdeveloped villains

Did I get them all?

>underdeveloped villains
Grevious deserved better

I miss him.

>Cool setting expansion
What did he mean by this?

>cool setting expansion
>overusing and relegating lightning and lightsabers to mundane shit
>cool

Not in new canon
Back in old EU mandalorians were like the mongolian horde, they recruited soldiers from the places they conquered
In new canon Mandalorians are a race, and they're all white people unlike Jango, and according to canon Jango was just a lucky dude who found a mando armor and made illiterate people believe he was mandalorian.

Becoming a Jedi or even sith requires training to master their powers, sufficient that it's a vocation, not elaborate training. While clones were trained from childhood, training an efficient soldier is something that can be done in months IRL - training a Jedi takes many years and many experiences.

It can be done, but they will cost more in terms of training, tutorship, etc.

tl;dr PRICE, moron.

Everyone knows clones don't have souls

>Becoming a Jedi or even sith requires training to master their powers
Incorrect, it takes like one evening, watch TFA

Fucking cartoons. I liked old mMandos, though there were some really shit books about them I will admit. I did so much autistic screeching about those cartoons ruining everything when i was younger it wasn't even funny. At this point i can kind of accept what it is now, even if i don't care for it too much. They're still bad ass at least, and since Jango and Boba aren't Mando's anymore in canon you can't use the two of them going out like bitches as an argument for Mandalorians not being all they are hyped up to be like fagots used to.

Pretty accurate although Amon was one of the few good things about LoK

I like old republic mandalorians from the old EU, period, every other depiction (specially new republic) of mandalorians is pure garbage

Amon was good before they revealed that he was a fraud and a bloodbender all along.

>Boba going out like a bitch
>Still salty?
>Always salty
Such a waste.

I liked their depiction in Jango Fett: Open Seasons and the Bounty Hunter game.

Fenn "Space Irish" Shysha was pretty decent too.

Traviss's stuff set before Order 66 was okay because the Mendos were not always right, ro rather she didn't put them up against people who should have been able to prove them wrong, so it just came across as two old men grousing about the "Good old Days."

Kotor Mandalorians were GOAT. Older books had some ok stuff. Actually now that I think about it in the old Bounty hunter book that featured Bobba after escaping the Sarlac he didn't identify himself as Mandalorian i don't think. Gonna have to go back and reread that, it's been a long time. When you say new republic to what do you refer? Could I perhaps get an idea of what books you liked and disliked. We could compare lists.

Her books were hit and miss in my opinion. Mostly miss, but there were a few good bits.

Son I will never stop being salty about the two of them going out like bitches.

New Republic are the books about the new Jedi order with Luke training new Jedi and the mandalorians who appeared there with Boba being their leader

Boba was never originally a Mandalorian. He was just a guy in cool armor.

EU writers made up the Mandalorians with a bit of help from George after the fact so they could write stories about their steal donut Boba Fett expies.

Fuck you for reminding me that Luuke skywalker was a thing

There are many things I'm happy to see trimmed from canon by the mouse, some I look forward to being reimagined, but some I know aren't coming back bug the crap out of me, Grievous's original backstory is one that I will miss

Lucas changed his mind alot I notice, like he could never stick to a single vision and constantly acted like it was his plan all along

Reminder for every good bit of EU the mouse kills, we also get to say goodbye to a dozen Luukes, exponential Sheev clones, Vong Wars, and Cades.

Fuck.

Wait, Darth Maul's cool.

So are Count Dooku and General Grievous. They're cool and underutilized

Ohhh I am retarded. Missed that.

Fucking hell we deserved better.

The same Force sensitive people who couldn't find palpatine?

Palpatine was too busy using his power to hide himself and the future from the jedi. Did you even watch the movies?
Or read the Disney books which say he actually used a sith temple underneath the Jedi temple.