Now that Roboute Guilliman is back what will happen when he inevitably runs into the Lamenters?

Now that Roboute Guilliman is back what will happen when he inevitably runs into the Lamenters?

Why would that be inevitable? There are only like 300 of them left.

They have ran into the Ultramarines with less.

Is there some kind of spat there?

The Lamenters turned down am Iron Halo awarded to them by Calgar, and many took this as an insult, that and their general tendency to be fucked over.

Any reason for it? I assume they weren't trying to be dicks?

The award was for saving civilians from orks, but the Lamenters felt that their marine losses and the civilian losses were too high for it to be a success so they turned it down.

Basically the Lamenters take their job as DEFENDERS OF MAN seriously, but ascribe themselves to an impossibly high standard even for space marines.

Guilliman would see the courage and honor with which the Lamenters have fought and died with in all their engagements and declare their crusade fulfilled.

Fucking cuck marinelets, learn to do your job properly. Marines are too expensive and too rare to risk in the defence of random human detritus.
Best Marines, coming through.
Gonna steal that Halo, too.

You are literally the reason why people look to the arrival of the Adeptus Astartes with fear, not hope.

I hate this kind of nigger talk.

>When the Space Marines who answered your distress beacon are from the Marines Malevolent

FTFY

>Gonna steal that Halo, too.

Too late, it was gifted to us.

>Now that Roboute Guilliman is back what will happen when he inevitably

gets shot (in fluff)in that life support pack on his back? The only thing keeping him alive?

300 is a lot, there are chapters who survived with less
like the crimson fist, the scythe of the emperor who get nommed by kraken, etc
and they are used to it

>implying such a critical point wouldn't be the most heavily shielded
>implying he isn't basically rear AV15 with 3 Void Shields
>implying Guilliman doesn't moonwalk into his foes to take advantage of his superior rear armor

Your days as a novice are behind you, Leandros.

Well, technically the award was for the mission's success. To all other Chapters, it was a successful strike operation that levelled the Ork's recourse center and crippled their ability to make war.

But, yeah, the Lamenters turned it down because to their shame they could scarcely save anybody, and did not feel as though it was a victory worth being commemorated for.

Shit's gonna go down pham

Where the fuck do you think marines recruit from?

>Marines Malevolent are /Pol/shit posters.
I can see it.

Slap them for being bitches putting civilians ahead of service to the Emperor. The Lamenters are heretics and should die for their crimes.

>Literally fufilling the purpose the Emperor created the Space Marines for better than just about every other chapter of Marines excluding bros like the Salamanders
>Heretics
Wanna know how I know you're a faggot?

That's what happens when people get seduced by all the heretic-purging god worship started by that chaos-loving traitor Lorgar.

What about the Soul Drinkers?

Also can someone explain why they are tragic and shit?

They're under Sanguinius's geneseed lineage, so it'd make more sense for the OG Angel to encounter them and make judgement.

Considering Chapters like the Flesh Tearers are also a part of that lineage, Sanguinius would probably be slightly relieved to have a successor who actively tries not to eat babies, even if they are muddled with genetic tampering.

But considering the Red Thirst and Black Rage are psychically inherent in Sangy's lineage, and it's tied to him being one of the most powerful Psykers outside Magnus and the Emperor, it's possible that a reborn Sanguinis could cure the Lamenters of their preternaturally bad luck (yes, this is now my headcanon).

Soul Drinkers got fucked with. Of course, they also made a lot of mistakes and stupid decisions themselves. Also their Chapter Master grew spider legs and wasn't instantly purged. Soul Drinkers are somewhat tragic because they stayed loyal throughout, managed to purge their own traitorous elements, and eventually redeem themselves in the only way a renegade can: being killed/lost to the warp (and never seen again) to the man while killing daemons and shit.

>Shame

And this site why the chapter is now "destroyed". They motivated their inflated hubris with their sense of "shame" over some perfect ideal of Astartes expectations that no one in 10k years has ever had and it ended up telling the Ultramarines "no, you're wrong, we didn't do enough".

They told the sons of Ultramarines, who survived one of the worst betrayals in recorded history, who bore the weight of an entire hivefleet before people believed them a threat, who must spend it's entire existence atoning for its failure to save the Emperor in time by supporting His galaxy wide empire that they were wrong. I'm sure at least one captain responded plainly "what the fuck do they know about shame."

Are there any Soul Drinkers left? I like the idea of some mutant chaos tainted Space Marines that know they'll be killed on sight but still fight for the emperor off the radar.

There were like 300 of them at the start of a 100-year Penistime Crusade into the path of Hive Fleet Horsedickguns.

They got fucked.

Three made it out, canonically. Two surviving marines stepped casually into a warp portal, knowing the materium had no place for them. The surviving leader followed suit after tearing an evil, betraying Soul Drinker from his Dreadnought and taking him with him into the warp. The evil dude knew with certainty he wouldn't survive.

So, with that, we have three: a named character and two space marines. Not exactly enough for a Chapter, there, but enough for fluff to justify the recurrence of one or the other, either as loyalists in some capacity or traitors wholly devoted to Chaos now.

The Emperor created Space Marines to establish an empire and maintain authority, not save people's lives. They are the guardians of the collective, not individuals. Sacrificing themselves to save mere mortals is not something the Emperor would approve of. This is the same Emperor that genocided entire planets for refusing him and made Legions like the Iron Hands, World Eaters, and Night Lords.

Give me another post that shows your ignorance of the Emperor's Angels, I have another of these to use

>most well regarded by Big E and successful Legions during crusades are all "clear enough so actual humans can take over then get fucking going"

>except Bobby G because he literally got handed an empire, then a legion, then the entire fucking functional organization of the Loyalists

Yes give me more!

Lamentation
AND GLORY

Unironically this.

Maybe part of the problem is that marines in general, and first founding chapters in particular, really do nothing about shame.

I wouldn't really couldn't call it hubris rather than a means to prove themselves, they are basically hated for just being a 21st founding chapter.

Why is everything kyme writes pure shit. But then his marines malevolent short stories God tier? Can't he just see he's not a good hero writer, and just write villain and anti hero stuff?

So Best that you had to grave rob an AdMech ship for spare armour parts

such astarte very angel of death

wow

>the chaos marines save you from them.

The Marines wäre soldiers, not policemen
Faggot

>Now that Roboute Guilliman is back

What? Since when

They felt that one mission was a failure. So they turned down something that would help future missions succeed ?

Do they like dying ?

Just for you baby

They are dead alongside most of the red hunters that were with them.

About nowish

>some yellow fags stealing something.

and he came back as a rubric marine. never saw that coming, bravo GW

Sounds like a triumvirate box

Soul drinkers weren't dorn gene seed at the end and yet in the beast series soul drinkers were part of the rebuilt fists
That shows shit editing

The helmet is an option idiot

The better option though.

> They will have tactics, strategies and machines so that no foe can best them in battle. They are my bulwark against the Terror. They are the Defenders of Humanity. They are my Space Marines and they shall know no fear.

> They will place themselves in harms way to save refugees.They are my bulwark against dishonour. They are the Defenders of specific human individuals. They are my Space Marines and they shall place personal honour above the future of my Imperium.

> t. The Emperor

One of these quotes has been subtly edited, can you guess which one?

At this point I bet they wouldn't even listen, their own emotions are too engrained. They would probably feel shamed that they had to be told to stop

Whoa, careful you don't break your keyboard with the weight of all that >implying

I'd believe it.

That's a whole lot of Implications you're implying there faggot

>Lamenters thread
>people shit it up with edgy "people don't matter" collectivist garbage

Sanguinius died for you faggots and this is how you repay him.

You're the one who is ignorant. Are you even aware of this thing called the Great Crusade, which the Emperor was the head of? Which largely consisted of "kill the shit out of the population until they fly white flags and scream uncle"? Or how if they at all worked with Xenos and didn't immediately exterminate their allies when told to, the Emperor would genocide them, killing even the children, for being collaborators?

The Marines Malevolent are not true Space Marines. They attacked the Adeptus Mechanicus, who is one of the greatest allies of the Adeptus Astartes and their logistical support. The Iron Hands are what all Space Marines should aspire to. Either them or the Black Templars.

Sanguinius was an estrogen filled fuckboi. There's a reason why Horus was the Empror's favorite and not Sanguinius. And why Sangiunius' death wasn't what made the Emperor realize that Horus was irredeemable, but the death of Ollannius Pius/a random Imperial Fist.

The Emperor did not love Sanguinius.

If you loved him Emperor, then why didn't you care that he died.Why did it take the death of a random guardsmen/imperial fist to make you realize chaos-possessed Horus was a monster?

The Emperor didn't love anybody, so that's a fairly moot point.

Best post

you wouldn't love anybody either if you'd been born with two left arms and the entire weight of human destiny resting on you

>Adeptus Mechanicus
>Greatest allies
They may play a part in Imperial politics and strategy but they always have their own ulterior motives like when they didn't Exterminatus ullanor because of Xenos tech there.

I think the idea was that Sangiunius was a threat to Horus, the random fucktard killing was a pointless act as Horus could have never been harmed by them. Mind you the entire story is terrible.

That makes no sense though, as a father should not only be heartbroken over the death of a son, but also realize one son is a monster and needs to be put down after he commits fratricide.

The Iron Hands are worse than the MM though. They actually kill off entire Guard regiments if they find them to be lacking.

Which thereby eliminated under performing units not worthy of their munitorium issued equipment.

Simply put, the emperor was a madman.

If he wanted his people to be safe, he would've given them the tools to safeguard themselves rather than make a new race of mutants to do it in their stead anyway.

and the XII trumpet blew and I beheld pride. Grand and terrible clad in gold and blue

At the same time, pissing off the faction responsible for building and maintaining a lot of the equipment your chapter needs to do its job is a sign of very poor long term thinking.

As is blatantly stealing from everyone, pissing them off. At least the Blood Raven's try to deny their thievery.

Come to think of it, short term thinking is also the Lamenters problem. The Lamenters show short term thinking, holding themselves to standards they can't live up to, causing losses that worsen their ability to do their jobs in the long term.

It's actually less terrible with a helmet.