So, my BBEG is awesome, he's a lampshaded double inverted Right All Along whose Xanatos Gambit succeded Half an Hour Ago

>So, my BBEG is awesome, he's a lampshaded double inverted Right All Along whose Xanatos Gambit succeded Half an Hour Ago

If you talk like this, stop. You know who you are.

Traditional Games used to be for people with a modicum of intelligence who could use language ably to weave fantastic scenes. Not so much now, if one reads this board.

And before you screech infantile about how words change or these atrocities are common language, this is how you sound:

>and then the good guy was all NEEOWWW with his slicy dicy snicker snack and he chopped the baddy's head off

I know appeals to common decency and intellectual rigour are passé in this world of mediocracy and infantile idiocracy, and so instead consider this an appeal to self respect. You are humiliating yourselves.

Other urls found in this thread:

enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?64561-OK-color-me-stupid-what-does-BBEG-stand-for/page2&p=1139945&viewfull=1#post1139945
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

"Beware the Jabberwock, my son!
The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
Beware the Jubjub bird, and shun
The frumious Bandersnatch!"

He took his vorpal sword in hand:
Long time the manxome foe he sought --
So rested he by the Tumtum tree,
And stood awhile in thought.

And, as in uffish thought he stood,
The Jabberwock, with eyes of flame,
Came whiffling through the tulgey wood,
And burbled as it came!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
The vorpal blade went snicker-snack!
He left it dead, and with its head
He went galumphing back.

"And, has thou slain the Jabberwock?
Come to my arms, my beamish boy!
O frabjous day! Callooh! Callay!'
He chortled in his joy.

`Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Let me tell you about my D&D villain he's from my favorite anime!

I hate how "vorpal" just came to mean "really sharp". No imagination.

Ah, it seems you have made a common mistake in subscribing to the infantile belief that how others perceive you is immaterial.

Continue to deport yourself like a cretin if you wish. We will judge.

That you retreat to the childish drivel of juvenalia produced by a degenerate mind is proof of my point, not opposition. Surround yourself in infantile prolefeed if it helps you sleep well in the fire.

Just the $0.02 of one of the few who remembers what once was, and what has been lost.

You're the guy who's been shitposting about BBEG, aren't you?

But user, if how others perceive you is material, then you and
should be doing everything in your power to hide your wrong opinions from the masses.

It's a cool word. I like it.

>the childish drivel of juvenalia produced by a degenerate mind

That old D&D drew a lot of words and concepts from? The very thing that defined the era you're claiming to wish to return to?

What Walt Whitman called "The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune" in his semenal work "Ulysses" are no impediment to the integrity of intellectual rigour.

I expect mockery, I have come to find it amusing. For every limp barb is proof positive that I have touched a nerve.

Just the $0.02 of one of the few who remembers what once was and what has been lost.

This sword is extra vorpal. I even bathed it in extra baby monkey tears myself.

I thought that really captured the WTFisthisbullshit of the word.

Are you the BBEG guy? The one dude that screams autismo simply because BBEG is a commonly used term?

You have a point, but people won't listen to you if you talk down to them. Honestly look at yourself, lance any boil-like egotism you have, and treat other people as equals instead of worms. Only then will people listen to you.

>flip flopping that quickly
>signing posts
>namedropping with no real understanding
>complete lack of honesty
Holy crap, this one is busting the trollometer, good work user.

What's worse is that I suspect he's sincere and not trolling

Nah, that's an obvious fake.

>What Walt Whitman called "The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune" in his semenal work "Ulysses"

I'll trust you user, in order to preserve my sanity

I don't want to be an ass, but weren't those "Traditional Games" made for kids?

Motherfucker what did you call Lewis Carroll?

Say that to my face fucker and not online and I will disembowel you with the blade of my ancestors, thou cretinous villain.

You only say "fake" because, like Neo in "The Matrix", you cannot comprehend an alternative to comfortable, moronic living.

Like how 98% of teens have forgotten true metal and listen to rap, 98% of society has regressed to idiocracy.

Just the $0.02 of one of the few who remembers what once was, and what has been lost.

Definitely it is a troll event horizon. You can't say if poster is trolling or not until your go past it and visit him in the real world.

You guys must be joking.
Or that guy trying to make himself seem more credible.
But that's a bit of a stretch.

Ya blew it

Had me going for a while there

I almost fell for it and was about to shout how it was Shakespeare, then I realised that it was all just trolling.

Aaaand down the deep end. It's too obvious you're trolling now, user.

>The poem is literally meant to be made up words and gibberish
>Use it as an example of common speech

>Like how 98% of teens have forgotten true metal and listen to rap
Someone was born in the wrong generation.

Holy fucking shit you have absolutely nailed how to sound like the least likeable human being to ever exist, it's actually impressive in its own twisted way.

Also my personal favourite part in Ulysses is where Gandalf says all that stuff about mutants being the master race.

Great troll thread.

Yeah, so?

>Like how 98% of teens have forgotten true metal and listen to rap, 98% of society has regressed to idiocracy.

6/10. You pushed too hard too quickly m8, its almost a caricature. Next time you need a original twist of syntax, and only a slight one. It loses its effect because its too close to an old stereotype

> BBEG autist strikes again

There's nothing wrong with trope terminology in and of itself. As a useful shorthand for various narrative cliches and devices, it can actually be really useful.

The problem is that a lot of people misunderstand the correct way to use them.

You can't create a good story by just assembling tropes you like. It'll seem shallow, vapid and inconsistent. It's why you need to look deeper than the summaries and have actual good ideas first.

I sometimes use TVTropes when I'm writing, but it's always based on something I was already going to include. I look up the relevant tropes, and then look at other ways they were used, why they worked or why they didn't how they fit into the context of the stories they were used in and things like that. I know other people who do that too. But an unfortunate number of people (particularly those who hang around the site and post in those godawful 'this troper' pages) seem to think that good writing just means stringing tropes together.

Most people on here aren't actually playing games anyway and are speaking oh hypothetical scenarios that never happened it seems.

>Continue to deport yourself like a cretin if you wish. We will judge.
>deport
Oh, the irony.

If you're deliberately using archaisms to be a stuck up pretentious prick, you could at least use 'comport', which is more widely accepted in that context.

But your name tells me all I need to know. You're one sad cunt, and no mistake.

>"Rap? More like CRAP, am I right? Am I right?"

Thanks, Grandpa.

So, since this thread is sunk, let's talk about other stuff.
I've been working with a wok for the first time recently. It works well on bacon, and seems to have a really nice responsiveness to fire. It is exactly as hot as I want it to be at all times.

Since I'm trying new things, I am trying to make hand made noodles. My only problem is as such- guides say that I should use high gluten things to make the noodles, but they also say to use cake flour, which is the lowest gluten level of the flours available. This must be some kind of editing error that many people copied.

Should I go with high gluten as it has more of the structural proteins and could thus be theoretically stretchier, or should I go low gluten because it will be less stiff and more pliable?

It may depend on what you want to make, but I'm no cook. Anyone else?

Oh, "deport yourself" was great, although it gave the game away too soon; an actual pretentious retard would have made a less funny mistake.

>For every limp barb is proof positive that I have touched a nerve.
That was beautiful. Again, actual pretentious retards can't write well enough to come up with such comically bad metaphors, so you pretty much gave it away there, but it was definitely worth it.

>BBEG autist finally goes maximum oversperg

Neat

sage

>Humble Philosopher
>Makes a thread about how he's smarter than everyone else on a board about board games

Confounding your sentence with every fancy word you can think of doesn't make you more intelligent.

What's your recipe, exactly?
I'm using semolina and regular flour for my pasta.

Are you the one guy who keeps calling it a "commonly used term" like you think that's true or that it would make it sound less dumb?

Also, there's a lot more than just one guy who thinks you sound stupid saying "Bwig Bwad Ebil Guy."

People should ignore the bait and find the source for that.

GIS and IQDB aren't helpful at all.

>semenal
seminal

>deport
comport

>idiocracy
Not a real word, instead it is a movie title

5/10, you tried, but your pretentiousness didn't go too far enough. Try again next time.

You're right, there's probably like two for some reason

And yes it is in fact a common term, since the 80's

It's a worthless waifu, newfriend

Calling it common is a bit much, since it's always been a rarity, and is basically absent except among a few mini groups within already a niche hobby.

And, still doesn't stop it from sounding dumb.

>80s

I thought it was a 90s thing. Didn't it start with Buffy?

>finally

He's made at least three threads about it so far.

>saging anything that isn't a MYFARGO thread
Tsk.

>I thought it was a 90s thing. Didn't it start with Buffy?
Correct, "Big Bad" was a Buffy term from 1999, according to the Internet.

Actually, it's been a guy butthurt about people making fun of him for using BBEG that made those threads this last week. Thin skin.

tvtropes started as a website about buffy, it makes sense.

tvtropes didn't invent the acronym. It's been around a lot longer than that.

It couldn't be, because it's a term that could only exist with the internet. Could you imagine people actually saying "big bad evil guy"? Absolute cringe.

tvtropes is not as old as the internet. Not even fucking close. It is not the internet progenitor, and it's certainly not the inventor of tropes, tv, or acronyms. Don't give it so much credit.

You're right.

It's so much easier to say big bad end guy.

devinhoyt.tumblr.com it's a character from the drawthreads.

I'm talking about that one guy saying it's from the 80's.

some say the grinch's neckbeard grew three sizes that day.

Came here to see if anyone else thought this.

Good job, user.

>The Humble Philosopher
Anything but, I have not seem someone as pretentious as you in quite a while.

Take the OP image to the drawthread and ask them, they know her.

People still reference TVTropes like it's a super relevant thing everybody reads and knows all the jargon from?

BBEG has its roots in Big Bad Wolf, of Red Riding Hood fame. It's older than the internet. Replacing wolf with Evil Guy really wasn't much of a jump, although it started being more popular after Buffy adopted it, and it wasn't always used in full, sometimes it was just the big bad guy, or just big bad. The acronym started showing up on the early internet, but the term itself was older.

Remember, there is no such thing as nuance or proper context. I am right and anyone who disagrees with me is wrong and probably autistic.

Way to be pretentious. You might as well be arguing that ROFLCOPTER has its roots in Da Vinci's sketches.

"Big Bad Evil Guy" isn't anything with a long, prestigious history. It's just a silly phrase (made with the full intention to be overly long and to sound stupid), and the more you pretend it's something not intended to sound dumb, the more ridiculous you look.

Some people don't like your phrase. Just keep using it, because you trying to defend it is just getting worse and worse.

It's a silly phrase that dates back to the 80s. Doesn't matter if you don't like it.

No but OP likes to pretend they do.

It's a sort of self-solving occurance. Anyone who actually talks in trope-speak has no real interest in interacting with online communities other than TVTropes and it's satellites/rivals. Those with a lick of sense know most trope jargon is nonsense and don't bring it anywhere else.

BBEG is really the only bit which bleeds over to other sites like here. And by this point it's basically board slang in of itself.

You're going to need to provide proof of that if you want anyone to believe you, especially since the phrase is actually a late 90's thing that spawned from Buffy's use of "Big Bad".

More importantly, it sounding dumb in the 80's just makes it sound even dumber now.

I just found a forum post from 2003 of someone talking about having a Big Bad Evil Guy folder from 1984.
enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?64561-OK-color-me-stupid-what-does-BBEG-stand-for/page2&p=1139945&viewfull=1#post1139945
You're the one making the claim that it's new in the face of evidence. Some of us were actually around back then, you know.

Hold on a moment friend, I have some Hemlock for you.

Perhaps you'll follow in the footsteps of some one greater than you.

Ho boy, somebody get their screencap tools ready. BBEG-fag made a thread! Or it could be Rage-user. I can never tell the difference between these autists with stupid opinions, too much time on their hands, and the inability to ignore badwrongfun and things they don't like.

Also the whole argument about "What was lost?" Pull the other leg, it's got bells on it. Veeky Forums has ALWAYS been stupid people posting stupid shit. The difference was we could take it all in fun and have a good time bullshitting each other. Now the board is full of autists who have to take everything seriously.

Honestly, we need more /b/-posting on here, if only to remind everyone that Veeky Forums was never supposed to be serious, never should be serious, and fails at doing so.

What you've got there is some guy from 2003 half-remembering something with no idea where it came, with a guess that it came from some television show.

But, what we are aware of is that it's still intentionally stupid. I wouldn't be surprised if its genesis was a forgotten children's show along the lines of My Little Pony.

>makes an austistic post to try and complain about people having opinions

Whoo lad.

Tell us about yourself OP. What are your life's ambitions? What do you do for a job? What's your favorite system?

I also have my own memories from that time, along with the memories of the three other people I know irl who were not toddlers, infants, or twinkles in their father's eye at that time.
But yes, it is a silly term that triggers some idiot. I don't think triggering an idiot is a good reason to stop using it.

I had to google what the fuck Xanatos Gambit is.
And you know what popped out?
TV Tropes.
Thus - kill your fucking self.

>What are your life's ambitions?
To be the biggest faggot in Veeky Forums history.

>What do you do for a job?
Suck dicks

>What's your favorite system?
None. I don't play tabletop.

>acts embarrassingly pretentious
>yet he says others should concern themselves with how they're perceived
You can't make this shit up.

Probably.

1/10 made me reply

>using BBEG at all

I refuse to believe you're that stupid, so here's a (you)

Is that what this all is? A group of old guys holding onto something that makes them feel like they're maintaining some sort of history? Is that why you get so upset when people make fun of you for sounding like a toddler?

It's actually sort of fun to watch how easy it is for everyone to trigger you and your three friends.

Ok, new goal of the thread: Shitpost. Don't be on topic, just Shitpost. The goal is to make a post worse that what OP has dished out. The winner gets their weght in salt.(So about a third of the OP)

>Ok, new goal of the thread: Shitpost.

New?

And now you're desperately clinging to whatever scraps you can. No, more than just me and my friends use the term. No, it's not only used by people as old as us (Gasp, in our mid to late 30s!).
I don't care that you think it's a stupid term. It is pretty stupid. I'm just telling you that it's as old as that other guy claimed it is. People were using it in the early 80s and haven't stopped since. You whining about it won't change that.
Now quick, find something in this post to isolate and cling to.

Yes, but can you beat OP?

>The goal is to make a post worse that what OP has dished out.

I've thoroughly enjoyed playing FATAL with both my girlfriend and my waifu. After our sixth campaign, we got bored and rolled in semen. If you criticize FATAL, you are a beta cuck, so you might as well kys senpai :^)

did I do good?

>ITT: OP thinks that "uses big words" is synonymous with "is smart"

Different guy. Just pointing at what seems to be a few people REALLY trying to protect their favorite pet phrase. Now I know why.

>(Gasp, in our mid to late 30s!).
>on Veeky Forums

That's actually kind of sad.

Lacks freshness, but overall a good show. 7/10 on the Shit-meter.

So you've got nothing to say, huh? That's cool. Or are you one of those people who thinks you can only have a job if you stay off the non-business parts of the internet?

Oh! Someone do the katana meme, except replace Katana with BBEG.

>The goal is to make a post worse that what OP has dished out
That's going to be hard.

>If you talk like this

Using shorthand, understood terms on a board with limited character allowance in order to convey meaning while using up the least amount of characters possible?

Don't get me wrong, I could wax poetic for hours if I wanted to, but why should I? I don't have all day. Veeky Forums is a hobby.

>I know appeals to common decency

Given that your opinion would appear to be in the far minority, I think you're overstating things to call it "common" decency.

Given that you're one of maybe three people who gets upset over it, I think you're further overstating things to suggest that it is indecent.