Warhammer loot

How would Veeky Forums feel about Warhammer lootcrate-esque monthly packages for like 20-30 bucks. SO every month we would all get a few similar figures costing less than retail and people could trade ones (like I play 40k and you play Sigmar so we swap the respective brands so we have double of each) and buyers could paint them all the month of and compare and contrast (sort of like the model that came with WD in September), and speaking of White Dwarf there could be a few pages dedicated to painting tutorials and showing off last months community paintings of the miniatures from the crates. Heck it could even come as like an "upgrade" to the monthly WD subscription (maybe with a discount?). I feel with enugh support GW would defiantly do this because it could line their pockets with more money but at the same time the fans could be happy.

It could work but so many lootcrate type things end up being terrible.

>lootcrate-esque

Deep suspicion.
99% of "lootcrate" schemes are scams.

>scams
>buying plastic heroin

Good goy, normal GW stuff isn't a scam you want to say?

>plastic heroine
why is this so true.

Why do these containers have bolters mounted on them?

Probably machine spirits hooked up to them to protect them from thieves etc. Sort of how a droppod have a storm-bolter on them connected to a machine spirit.

To defend them from heretical scum ofcourse!
Everything needs bolters and skulls, or it wouldn't be WH40K.

to defend the inside from the outside or the outside from the inside

they have been used for stealers and stealers accessories for sometime now

>for like 20-30 bucks

So two models and a 100 words from a codex per box per month?

Scams within scams.

Not two models (unless they're big), like I'm talking 4-5.

It's not a bad idea, if you could organize it well enough.

>30 dollaridoos for 4-5 models

I see no reason why not, those containers are more aerodynamic than most SM flyers. Stap an antigrav plate on the bottom and you're good to go.

>mfw orks flyers are more aerodynamic than spess mahreen flying bawksez.

IF, and only if, the crates themselves were of a quality high enough to use as scenery, bits or buildings like in your picture. That in itself would be bad ass.

Also, there would have to be a catch.

Like escalating rewards for long term loyalty.

Each crate after a year and you start getting a small piece of a titan or something.

STC container designs. Allows for them to double as bunkers for War Worlds.

>$20/month
>Random character from 40k/HH/AoS (value $15-35)
>A little paint sample pack to paint it in a basic color scheme
>One full size pot of a random Citadel paint, or a Citadel brush
>Rules and a lore blurb for the model
Would you, Veeky Forums? Even knowing that some months you might end up paying full retail price for a mini+paint pot you didn't actually want?

These are both good ideas, probably better than mine. And both sound like something GW would actually do.

But odds are the storm bolter is worth more than the contents of the crate.

like you said, problem is there isn't much point in getting random stuff you're never gonna use. plastic crack is already expensive enough without dropping cash on essentially booster packs

>oh look it's a dark vengeance librarian, now I have 5. I play orks.
>oh look it's a pot of trollslayer orange, now I have 3. I play dark eldar.
>wew some dice to add to the million I already have
>yay dollar store terrain bits

seems like a risky venture. but then again I guess I'm not the target demographic of any kind of -crate because I would literally never buy any of them. there was a company like this called tabletop monthly that recently went out of business doing this exact thing, reason they went under: suppliers do not like to give bulk deals to distributors who don't have brick and mortar stores, this is a dealbreaker for a lot of them and tabletop monthly's stated reason was that they straight up just stopped selling to them

At least give it the opportunity to contain old models no longer sold, like rogue trader era models and such shit.

>How nice, guardsman #5559, so this is what running the Astra Militarum feels like

why don't you just sell the minis you don't need on ebay?

Monopose snap-fit models. That's easily the price if we're talking Dark Vengeance DA or Cultists. Shame is there's not that many models out there like those yet, let alone for many basic infantries. Having to keep it fresh every month would be a money sink and probably suck, though.

I was thinking a setup where it would never be the same model or paint pot/accessory twice in the same year, and maybe the occasional exclusive model to build interest. And yeah, it might give them a reason to do a production run of an old model every now and then, because they'll have a minimum order number.

That would be the straw that broke the camel's back.

GW is fucking expensive as it is, I don't want to pay exorbitant sums for something I will have no use for.

>buying plastic heroin
>vs buying drug loot crate and getting bath salts, crack, and cocaine laced with rat poison

>Company that tried to do this picked up a lot of customers but got shut out by GW
>Somehow this is proof that GW themselves couldn't manage to make it work

>we would all get a few similar figures costing less than retail
So not like "Loot crates" at all?

I personally prefer "Plastic Crack," because I ain't near that classy.

Rob Baer's retarded ass of Long War fame already does this for their subscribers. They're based near where I live and a few in my group bought into it.

Spoilers, a lot of them are pissed with the product. Not to mention that personal friends of theirs magically get wayyyyy better packages than anyone else, because they refuse to standardize what comes in each box.

Fuck The Long War guys. They cheat at tournaments, too.

It exists already, you know. Just not GW because they want too keep prices down and keep it interesting and varied, not just the most popular miniatures that there are.

scam is scam
GW would be walking off a bridge.

>literally shill OP

promise purity seals and we have a deal.

I wouldnt mind a loot crate thing if it came in a cardboard box that you could pop out into a ruined city building, and the monthly loot was scatter terrain or some shit

all your mates get it and you get a dope table as time goes on

If the crate itself is something like a munitorum container or a tank painted by Duncan then sign me up.

I play Admech, why would I ever want that shit?

Maybe if it was exclusive swag. But not models.

Not if it's a crate full of storm bolters.

I think what you're trying to say is : "put a random mini in White Dwarf!"

Assorted Xenos loot crate when?!

I'd love crates with random bitz, even better if it came with a random squad.

Get the best model GW ever made (Magnus winnin show the contest was rigged) plus some random shit for your armie or bitz. But no marines fuck marines I have enough bitz of the damn shits. I'm starting to think GW adds marine bitz to every box they sell. There is no explanation to how many marine shit I have even when I don't play marines.

>they refuse to standardize what comes in each box.
NOPE.

He is talking about shit like.
Friends getting full squads of terminator plus a Landraider while other get a single grot
Exaggeration I know but it explains a the point.

Captcha what the hell where is the stop sign?

>suppliers do not like to give bulk deals to distributors who don't have brick and mortar stores
Sounds like a sensible business decision. I'd give someone a discount if that meant my product would be lining more shelves, staring the customer in the face. The boxes aren't just packaging, they're advertisements too.

Giving a bulk discount to someone who isn't going to prominently display that bulk just sounds like pissing money down the drain.

And that is exactly why I would NOPE out of that bullshit scheme.

that white line across the road in front of you? That's a stop sign. Technically.
Are underage people allowed to be on this board?

Jokes on you I clicked the tree.

Also not in every country that line is a yield. When they show me the traditional red stop sign as an example y expect to see that. Not a random white line that can or can not be a stop sign depending on the country or state.

It's always sad to see greed and idiocy fuck up a perfectly working scheme.
I mean, loot boxes are ALWAYS scams, but you need to give your customers the feeling that they ain't.