/swg/ Politics Edition

Previous Thread: Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PNQRSKwERpw
youtube.com/watch?v=AMto2HJJSSA&t=94s
youtube.com/watch?v=hcbuNcyJqEg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What was the point of that Commander app game bringing a lot of EU stuff back if all that is never going to show up again?

Why post an image of the Senate building if I am the Senate?

Also, second for diplomats belonging in Star Wars.

Mandos no longer just have the best armor they now have the best fighters. They can't keep getting away with it!

That's what they've always been. Le ebin fighters who are better and cooler than everyone else. They can even almost hold their own against jedi!!1!

The Rebels should always have the best fighters IMO.

This was so stupid.

To be fair Boba was fighting a losing retreat the entire battle. Jut kept alive long enough for Vader to realize he'd be an asset.

I don't know what was worse. That or how Jaina had to go to Boba to learn how to defeat her brother who is the second strongest force user in the galaxy.

>the best fighters
>Not being back-to-back Death Star champions

It'd honestly be better if it didn't spin.

Even though it's a good trick

Worst part is how it turned her into a combat noob just so the Mandos could look better. You know, the fucking Veteran from the Vong war.

And all that based on a schmuck who got killed by someone accidentally setting off his jetpack. Because that's how the EU rolled, may it rest in piss.

You know, death by terrible bad luck doesn't speak much of his actual skill. Before that, he was actually doing pretty well and was the first non-Force user to give a Jedi trouble. Wasn't he also going to tag Luke before he got Solo luck'd?

I dislike Boba wank as much as the next guy, but the people going to the opposite extreme are just as annoying.

Why didnt Palpatine give all imperial military a genetic enchancementd with a personal killswitch which allows him to make any potential defector die from a heart attack? Hell why didnt he install that in vader?

That is why the Legion despite having inferior yech is so effective. Few if any defectors. Or the Geth and the auxilaries of the reapers.

Because that cost a fucking shit ton of money when you can just shoot lasers at someone and kill them in a few moments.

>Not palpatine edition

Where my Bibbles at?

>why didn't evil roman emperor expy in an analog universe who is set up to be defeated by the power of love narratively do the same thing as an evil AI borg collective

Executed for treason like the traitor he is

>body rotates around stabilized cockpit

Fucking posers.

Not per canon or legends :^)

Well to be fair the Vong war was more like an advanced course in BDSM then combat experiance.

>has goatee
>not traitor
Pick one

Why is the cockpit aligned the wrong way in so many pictures?
It should sit so that the rest of the ship is below the pilot's feet.

The rest of the ship rotates around the pilot because it makes sense to do that in a zero G environment for some reason.

Is anyone who has their No Disinigrations book willing to take a couple of pictures for me? Mainly the Gear tables and the Adv/Threat tables for investigations?

What the fuck is Rebels doing with the Rebellion starfighters anyway? AWings are their primary craft, some fat fish-fuck prototyped the BWing with a mini-DS laser for some reason, and still no XWings.

I mean MAYBE picking up a few dirty tricks and the saber resistant armor could have been explained. "He knows your father's dirty tricks, he know's Luke's force techniques, he knows Kyle's dirty tricks, he knows Corran's dirty tricks he knows Lando's tricks too. We need SOME people he doesn't know" but that would only be a short side trip not an entire fucking plot where she's treated like a damn child.

And they also forgot another good source of dirty tricks that she'd already met. The Wraiths.

They allegedly wanted to give A-wings and B-wings some love because they didn't get as much exposure as Xs and Ys.

>AWings are their primary craft
They're just R-22's at this point, if I remember correctly. Or however they're named in nucanon, in any case. They aren't mean to be the Endor models.

I don't know where that meme came from. The B-Wing is seen laying on its side in the Home One hangar, where it makes sense that the cockpit should be able to face up in that position.
If there was no gyroscopic element, the B-Wing would be similar to the Falcon in that it has a cockpit on the far side, with the rest of the ship extending mostly "horizontally" in one direction.
But since the gyroscope does exist in canon, its only purpose can be to align the ship downwards so that is easier to control for the pilot. The only difference being that it goes down instead of to one side.
They are A-Wing prototypes based on early concept art by Ralph McQuarrie, if I am not mistaken. I guess the series is set before the Rebellion acquired X-Wings. They were a cutting-edge craft at the Battle of Yavin. I thought the Blade-Wing prototype was pretty cool on the show, but still gimmicky enough that we don't have to ask ourselves: Why didn't the superlaser make it to final production?

Their is so much wrong with the B-Wing. The center of mass apears to be the cockpit, because the rest of the spacecraft rotates around it, but then the engines arn't in line with the center of mass, so the ship should be doing donuts in space, you could fix that with engine gimble but then your cockpit is something like 45 degrees off the line of flight.

Yeah I know, physics of spaceflight in Star Wars, but the B-Wing is the single worst offender.

X-wings weren't around until 1 BBY after the prototypes were extracted in the Battle of Fresia, but they might do something differently in the nucanon.

I like the idea of keeping pilots oriented, experienced pilots would adjust to zero-g but locking in landmarks might have some value to kids who weren't bullseying womprats in beggars canyon.

Or I'm just justifying a goofy gimmick because of muh nostalgia. Something other than flappy wings was cool.

>Why didn't the superlaser make it to final production?
Have we seen B-wings in action in nucanon so far? For all we know could all be supposed to be that way now.

Oriented against what?
Not gravity.
Not the rest of their ship.
They don't appear oriented against any large stellar body or vessel.

>I like the idea of keeping pilots oriented
But aligned to what? The surface of the nearest planet? Space is three-dimensional and the cockpit can only spin on one axis. Having it spin in addition to the craft with which you're doing twists and turns anyway is only gonna confuse you more.
The ones in the OT still have the original armament. I don't know if we ever actually saw them shoot something, but they have a bunch of guns that look very different from the superlaser.

Luke was already more than capable of beating Jacen. Luke should have been the one to teach Jaina how to beat Jacen not a shitty neo-mando. As far as I am concerned the only mando good enough to teach Jaina died 4000 years ago.

I guess they had component beams on the clone dropship, but it seems like a waste not to tie that technology back into some intrigue around the Deathstar weapon.

I like to think the Rebellion hasn't developed/stolen plans for the A-Wing's miniaturized conc missile launchers, ECM, or sanic fast thrusters by this point, and only manages those refits after their post-Yavin surge in popular support. I've got nothing for the B-Wing.

Not even machine waifus are safe from Filoni's wild machinations ;_;

They tell us why in the Rebels episode. The superlaser breaks the hyperdrive.

It's a shit excuse, desu. Just use them as parasite fighters.

Rebellion doesn't have a lot of capitals. They need their fighters to have ftl travel.
Also remember that the rebellion isn't as homogenous as the Imperial Navy. The rebellions are comprised of many different cells and the different cells have varied tactics, tech and vehicles.

One of the more recent short stories had a squadron of Bs 'locking their orientation' with an Imp-II in order to simplify their attack run in the face of its massive cloud of jamming equipment, or something along those lines.

When they're attacking a ship the size of a city that is actively throwing off their automated guidance systems, it sort of makes sense?

x-wings mini core set vs the force awakens core set
which one is better for a new player

>Rebellion doesn't have a lot of capitals.
So that means they can afford to not use a small fighter that can straight OHK an ISD?

>clone dropship
What do you mean?
I like the idea of the Spearheads being equivalent to TIE/ln fighters in terms of armament. They only turned into the amazing beast that is the A-Wing a few years later.
The Alliance's strategy features tons of hyperspace hit and run attacks performed by independent fighter crafts. A fighter with no hyperdrive would be absolutely useless to them.
I still don't understand how that is supposed to work. Do they align to the destroyer's surface so that they never actually see it?

Saga Edition core rulebook

>I still don't understand how that is supposed to work. Do they align to the destroyer's surface so that they never actually see it?

If it's anything like the Rogue Squadron vidya, it probably just means that they align their cockpits' orientation such that they always saw the Star Destroyer right side up. The rest of the B-wing body rotated, but the cockpit pod never rotated relative to the ISD.

>Yeah I know, physics of spaceflight in Star Wars, but the B-Wing is the single worst offender.

Realisically speaking, the B-Wing cockpit would spin on it's own due to center of mass. I forget where the silly "whole ship rotates around cockpit" comes from, but I kind of always figured that the ship's thrusters and engines are designed to move the ship around that point (the cockpit), becaude fucking aliens and their wacky alien shit that makes the ship hard to handle.

Other than that, Star Wars has never been big on realistic spaceships. EVER. TIE fighters, and indeed TIEs of any variant, are also laughably unrealistic when you get down to it. X-Wings as well, thanks to wings for wings sake. A-Wings in theory work ok. But capital ships? Fuck the Empire even uses giant death triangles!

When I want gritty sci-fi with a firm base in actual science and realistic space ships (minus the space magic efficiency engine), I turn to Expanse. When I want a western space opera with fucking virgin wizards and WW2 dogfights and spaceships designed off rule of cool, I go Star Wars. And it's ok to love both at the same time!

Completely arbitrary points in space when they jump into system/battle, if need be. I've already conceded it's probably nostalgia, and it doesn't help that Wrath of Khan was on TV last night, but establishing an artificial horizon might have some value to sub-fighter jocks running comparatively more complex weapon systems.

Still, this is acknowledging that Star Wars seriously can't into zero-g space flight.

People generally agree that the TFA damage deck is better, but I'd say the most important factor is what ships do you want?

>The Alliance's strategy features tons of hyperspace hit and run attacks performed by independent fighter crafts. A fighter with no hyperdrive would be absolutely useless to them.
If they can latch one onto the Phantom and jump around then there's literally no excuse.

Between Scarif and Endor the Rebel fleet seems to have served mostly as a "Fleet in being". It was out their somewhere and so the Empire had to search for it and a defend ageanst it's potential targets. As per Mon Mothma's lines in Jedi "In A Vain Effort To Engage Us"

That leaves most of the actual raids to be carried out by Starfignters operating like we saw them do in the strike on Eadu in Rogue One.

TLDR they need hyperdrives because the Rebels already got their fleet destroyed once.

>What do you mean?

R-22 was a stupid retcon and didn't happen, just a legend.
Endor A-wings are the same as in Rebels but with less armour, smaller guns and more powerful engines.

It can't one shot an ISD, it can one shot a Arquitens Light Cruiser, in Seson Three we see a torpedo run from the Ghost do the same thing.

>I like the idea of the Spearheads being equivalent to TIE/ln fighters in terms of armament. They only turned into the amazing beast that is the A-Wing a few years later.
I think nowadays it's the opposite, R-22's being multipurpose fighters and A-Wings being the ships getting the TIE treatment.

Didn't the ball turrets on the Clone Dropships have a similar component-beams-intersect-into-big-fuckoff-sustained-laserbeam, as opposed to plasma bolts or explosives like everything else. It was kind of cheeky nod and wink there, but bringing it back could have been a plot hook. Seems like a waste.

This. The rebellion has used light freighters a shit ton they could easily strap a bunch of these b wings to yt-1300s. Or even better mount the superweapon on a larger frame ship

>Why didn't the superlaser make it to final production?
Because also in Rebels you can see a pair of torpedoes split the same class of cruiser in half and torpedoes don't usually damage the fighter that fired them.

Yes.

Original Core has Biggs, R2, and some great Tie pilots.

New Core has Poe Dameron, BB-Gr8, new TIE/FOs, and a better damage deck. Go for the one you like best, and later get the other one.

And if they need all the YT's they have to drop supplies to troops?

That is just stupid. It serves no purpose whatsoever.
>If they can latch one onto the Phantom and jump around then there's literally no excuse.
One.
Oh, you mean LAATs or gunships? I've never heared them being called dropships before, sorry.
I believe the Rebels A-Wings have fixed guns and no rocket launchers while the one in ROTJ have rotating guns and rocket launchers.
Huh, that's weird. I always saw A-Wings and TIE Interceptors as direct rivals.
I understand what you mean. But aren't all lasers in Star Wars actually plasma weapons (more powerful blasters)? I heared that once, as an explanation why all the projectiles move so slowly and you can't reflect them with just a mirror.

I mostly say R-22 to differentiate them from the Endor version.

>That is just stupid. It serves no purpose whatsoever.
Welcome to Star Wars. It also wasn't designed by humans, so who the fuck knows what weird requirements the original designers had in either Legends or canon?

An army is never at 100% utilization. There will always be a few loose assets that can be used for operations that suddenly arrive. A weapon that can make a fighter carve up a frigate or light cruiser like butter will take precedence over easily rectified logistical issues.

Yeah, I figure when the thing went into mass production, the engineers were like "detrimental super laser... kay... Or we load 18 fucking torpedoes on it!"

>Huh, that's weird. I always saw A-Wings and TIE Interceptors as direct rivals
They still are, but more on the speed department than anything else.

By TIE treatment I meant the "let's strip all these heavy extra features off this thing, gotta go fast!" philosophy.

Which is fair, because "in canon" they have very little coverage now.

Well, technically the initial production run of the RZ-1 (because games and shit wanted to feature the A-Wing but previous lore was that it was only developed around Endor, thus the R-22 nonsense) was made to compete with the TIE/LN contract, but it involved too much long range, armor, life support, shields, etc. Rebellion bought up the models KDS produced after.

But after 15+ years of tech advancement, the Empire has begun rolling out a new generation of craft in the Interceptors and Advanced models and the production line As don't cut it. Thus the Endor era models of A-Wings are born, hotrodded models with the weapons, armor and shields stepped down, some of them even without hyperdrives, to give them more power to engines.

Considering how much of Star Wars is directly based off WW2, which was won (and lost) because of logisitics... Yeah no. Logisitics are key to fighting a war. Super awesome prototypes aren't likely to see a fight unless the fight is happening right outside. Meanwhile being able to mass produce a thousand of fighter and keep them operational is more valuable in the long run.

Yes, and instead of using one person they use three (pilot, gunner for the laser and shuttle pilot), they have to dock under fire (that killer some A-wings in Rebels), and in case the shuttle us damaged both ships are lost. All of that for a job that a pair of torpedoes would do. Brilliant.

Frankly I always found the idea of the B-wing superlaser dumb. Was it that hard to just have the ship going full Macross on the Imperial cruisers? It's like they thought audience wouldn't believe the ship was powerful unless it had some shiny gimmick to it.

So they're supposed to be something akin to XwingTMG's Chaardan refit, that makes some kind of sense.

They still don't mount an astromech so far as I can tell, which seemed like a key component to hyperspace capable fighter craft. Did I miss something there, or just another overlooked detail?

I feel like there's still some "prototypes are cool" aspect in Star Wars (there definitely was in the EU) so they felt the B need to have a gimmick which could be phased out of mass production.

Quarrie states it carries torps, and the Ghost has fired torps multiple times (including to drop an Arquitens), so the Rebels team has torpedo assets modeled, has the sound effects and all that other production bullshit. I dunno, maybe the writers just hate ordinance.

That's partly why I loved it originally, they went and put a bunch of huge gunpods on the thing. Give the girl some anime-tier dakka action.

Not that Rebels has ever impressed in that regard. The Ghost's cannons just do not sound good at all.

>Super awesome prototypes aren't likely to see a fight unless the fight is happening right outside.
>posted as two super awesome prototypes were ferried halfway across the world so they could be dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki

Astromechs are helpful, but not essential. Nav computers can do the job, too. Quoting the Wook:

>An astromech droid's primary purpose on a smaller ship such as a starfighter was as a backup or replacement for a nav computer; however, due to the limitations of each unit's astrogation buffer, an astromech could only hold a set number of hyperspace coordinates. The droid also provided in-flight maintenance and repair, and performed a number of routine functions so the pilot could focus on flying the ship

The droid provides additional utility. Presumably, A-wings don't use them because they aren't supposed to be hit in the first place, rarely need to travel on extremely long journeys, and need to shed as much mass as possible to make going fast easier.

Sons of the Patriots. Except under one man.

Because Sons/Guns of the Patriots doesn't really work.

SW doesn't have NANOMACHINES SON handwaving.

>I don't know where that meme came from.

youtube.com/watch?v=PNQRSKwERpw

Legends B-Wings were supposed to be really tricky to learn how to fly at their full potential, thanks to the Verpine being crazy motherfuckers.

Imagine its like playing Tempest
youtube.com/watch?v=AMto2HJJSSA&t=94s

While still having 3D control of the ship like you would in X-Wing or Rogue Squadron.

LOL, there is a difference between a "prototype" bomb and a prototype aircraft/vehicle.

Look at all the retarded German WW2 prototypes and were did it get them.

>But aren't all lasers in Star Wars actually plasma weapons (more powerful blasters)? I heared that once, as an explanation why all the projectiles move so slowly and you can't reflect them with just a mirror.

Which is why those three weapons (DS canon/Dropship turret/B-wing prototype) firing in a unique fashion interested me. The little ball turret is meant as a callback to the deathstar (because pottery), slapping it on a Rebel ship for no reason was a waste.

Both TCW and Rebels are also very weird when it comes to starship laser firepower.

You didnt notice Caesar's legion? A primitive bunch of tribals who prefers death before betrayal. The Emperor failed to ensure a 100% loyalty rate in the military through something like a suicide system

It's just another type of weapon. Composite beams were used on super common LAAT/i, clearly they aren't nefarious top secret superweapons.

Kamino scientists son. They can implant stormtroopers in training with a cheap mass produced biochip that augments them. Look at Order 66

This. What made the Death Star special was not the composite laser, but the Khyber crystals it used.

tl;dr KOTOR 2 was a mistake.

>started playing KOTOR 2, because it gets referenced here constantly, and my F&D group have all played it too.
>Make a female Exile, because iirc she's supposed to be the canon character.
>notice the obvious force sensitive companion character "The Last Handmaiden" get intrigued by the lore in her weird warrior priestess tradition and look forward to adding her to the crew.
>finish Nar Shada get the Droopy Dog imitating Sith edgelady. Watch as the already boring not-Han Solo companion gets early oughts edge'd into a tedious sith soldier. The zabrak would be interesting if he wasn't so low energy. Kreia is arrogant and obnoxious. HK is okay but over hyped. Mira is okay, but my influence is so low the only thing she will talk about is whether or not I've advanced the clumsy love interest sideplot with not Han Solo The only companion I enjoy is the not R2-D2, but the game does everything it can to stop me from keeping him in the group.
>wonder when the Handmaiden is supposed to join do some googling.
> youtube.com/watch?v=hcbuNcyJqEg
>player gender specific companions, and the female only "Disciple" looks even more boring than not-Han Solo.

Fuck this game and its terrible design choices.

I already know they didn't finish the game's ending, and I bet derpware would have been able to cobble more of it together if they hadn't wasted budget on gender specific bullshit.

Not in the LAAT's case clearly, but the uoscapscaled BWing version is at least surprising enough to be uncommon, and the DeathStar's planet killer was unprecedented.

Just a wasted opportunity, that's all I'm saying.

>and the DeathStar's planet killer was unprecedented.
See

X-wings will not make an appearance until the time is right, as the most iconic craft of the entire series, it is only right to introduce them with the greatest of fanfare, and only after all the other ships have had their share of glory

Which is also a perfect opportunity to show more Headhunters.

Its a Win/Win

Oh god, I just want to see more Legends starfighters showcased in NuCanon.

Do you think they will look like their Legends counterparts, or like the ones from TCW?

2 engine headhunter > 4 engine

>That abomination
Disgusting. Not a single bit of muscle car goodness in that ugly bird. Mk 1 Headhunters in Jolly Rogers colors when?

>doesn't like a game
>ergo the game itself was a mistake
Nah son

>bandit squadron appears
>killed totally except for one man, bandit 5
>bandit squadron appears again with totally different members, except for the survivor, who is now bandit 4
>this happens every episode they appear in
>X-wings finally appear
>one of the X-wing squads is bandit squadron
>a familiar voice says "bandit leader checking in"

The clonewars Z sucks, the V-19 torrent was a better pub ship hands down.