Warhammer 40k General - /40kg/

"Why did I have to make one?" Edition

Duncan did an AMA sub-Edition:
reddit.com/r/Grimdank/comments/5so3gl/i_am_duncan_rhodes_ask_me_anything/

Old thread >Super Sexy Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQU8PRpyD6I

>40k rules reference in wiki format
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Someone please tell Lorgar to calm the fuck down, we don't have his lost book)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

No armed angry retard will get made into a chaos lord. Calling it now.

Then who?

Are you a time traveler?

>Orks

Talk to your opponent before your match to make sure you are all on the same page and try to designate a fun environment for you both

Yes, I know I am because I am from the future and smarter than you

Strength from Death is a fun and balanced rule, and it will not make Eldar any more overpowered than they are right now.

>Celestine will never have genetically perfect children with Sangy
>we will never have true imperial angels

What does it do. For that matter, what does Soul burst do?

Posting the two books I just bought.

If you guys like them, think about buying books from the authors (or the boon itself for Kingsblade, since it's his very first 40k novel).

They need money to live, just like us.

Looks like Vect gets cucked out of his number one girl by Ynnead and co.

Trying again in a fresh and new thread to get help with this shitty list!

Want to keep it somewhat fluffy at least and could need some help with how to properly use my Drop Pod. Always overestimate what a pod squad can take and drop them in too deep.

Soul burst give a free movement phase, shooting phase or assault phase for a unit.

Whenever a unit, friendly or enemy, dies, one friendly unit within 7" of it can either Move, Shoot (including run/turbo-boost), or Charge.

SFD:
Get SB token if anything is wiped out withing 7" (14" in formation)
Soul Burst:
Once per turn/Unit, trade toke for extra shooting/ movement/assault phase.

I'm not so sure about that just yet.

It could make for fun DEldar themed Ynnari lists but the WAAC lists that come out of this are going to be a new level of disgusting.

Kek DEldarfags BTFO

Lelith: Hey, they're a death cult. I kill things.

>Ynnari deamonworshiping faggots stealing based phoenix lords
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

REMOVE YNNARI!
REMOVE YNNARI!!!
KILL THE DEAMONWORSHIPPING KINSLAYERS ON SIGHT!!!

that sounds completely balanced and fair
Jesus christ GW, what the hell, there is a psy power that gives that

No

>deldar

Reminder that Reavers with Soulburst can do the following:

>assault with units of Reavers
>if unit dies, shoot blasters at another unit
>destroy tank
>assault units inside with another unit of Reavers
>kill unit
>assault transport
>kill transport
>declare non burst assault on unit inside
>ect

>if the unit assaulted doesn't die
>hit and run away
>they either die letting the other unit assault the same unit or live

Now, imagine blasterborn or a CTC.

Haven't been following 40k for a while, what's up with Magnus invading Fenris? Did he manage to genocide the furries once and for all?

Also, what's up with Fall of Cadia?

Thanks for this, Baneblade was great but I didn't want to have to buy a giant overpriced hardback to read the sequel.

Fenris and the Wolves got wrecked pretty hard, even though they eventually forced the Thousand Sons to retreat. The remainder of the Chapter departed to the Eye of Terror to fight against Abaddon, because the Inquisition was sniffing around them.

Abaddon invaded Cadia and blew it up. The survivors have linked up with the Eldar, who are now worshiping their newly created death god, and they're all going to go to Ultramar and wake Robute up.

Repoosting my ynnead list. Good non cheesy list or no?

You can only take one Soulburst action per turn.

>Abaddon invaded Cadia and blew it up. The survivors have linked up with the Eldar, who are now worshiping their newly created death god, and they're all going to go to Ultramar and wake Robute up.

Dude what.

Rate my tourney list, made a few adjustments but I couldn't find the points to fit the terminators as troop with Black Legion. The Perdus Rift Anomoly allows you to reroll your attempt to seize or force your opponent to reroll their attempt. As suggested, it's alot better than the ITC nerfed Kasyr rhino.
Name of the game is to roll summons for a blood thirster and some chaff with my heralds.

1850 The Purge Detachment (Vraks Renegades and Heretics) [Primary Detachment]
HQ
Renegade Command Squad: 1x Arch Demagogue (Ordnance Tyrant, Devotion of Nurgle)

Elites
Renegade Strike Battery: 2x Renegade Wyverns, 2 heavy flamers
Renegade Strike Battery: 2x Renegade Wyverns, 2 heavy flamers

Troops
20x Plague Zombie Mob
20x Plague Zombie Mob

Heavy Support
Renegade Rapier Laser Destroyer Battery: 3x Rapiers, 6x crew, weapons training

Fortification
Aegis Defense Line, quad gun

Combined Arms Detachment (Chaos Daemons; Heralds of Anarchic)
HQ
Herald of Tzeentch, Paradox Psyker, ML3
Herald of Tzeentch, Endless Grimoire Psyker, ML1
7x Herald of Tzeentch, ML1

Allies: Word Bearers CSM
HQ
Sorceror on Palanquin, MoN/ML3, spell familiar

Troops
10x Cultists

Fast attack
Chaos Rhino, Perdus Rift Anomoly

Heavy Support
Fire Raptor, 2 reaper autocannon batteries, 4 balefire missiles

Basically, when a unit (currently written as "any" unit) is destroyed while within at least one unit with the Strength From Death rule (that is not Gone to Ground, Falling Back, or Locked in Assault), one of those Strength from Death units can make a Soulburst move. This either lets the unit get a free move, round of firing, or assault. A unit can only make one Soulburst action per turn (thankfully not player turn).

The rule has a lot of odd cans of worms associated with it ("any unit?"), since you could do something like have an Eldar Scatpack unit move in point blank, blow up a transport, then get a second round of shooting before using its Jetbike move to jump back. Or theoretically, a Drop Pod marine unit goes in, fires, then results in the entire Eldar army getting a free round of fire (can Soulburst trigger additional Soulbursts?).

It will probably be counterable by "weakening before killing", stuff like novas, multiassaults, etc, but still it's gross.

>Dude what.

This is your setting on Gathering Storm. Buckle up for another year of this shit.

Basically soul burst swaps the ability to run and shoot, which is not what made Eldar broke, for if one of your units dies a nearby one can have a free phase of their choice mid opponents turn.

Or as Phil Kelly puts it in his preview video "That doesn't sound like much at first" and "It's difficult to pull off".

Also you can start the game in open topped boats again, with no tax.

per unit.

I dont know if the releases for all of this are as good then i look forward to the ork/nid one

>ynnead
Doesn't matter. It's cheese.

Each UNIT can take one action. It's not hard to chain fire Reavers. If I assault with a unit of Reavers, kill something, Soulburst that same unit into another unit, kill that, soul burst another unit, kill something, use my actual assault, kill something, trigger another unit, ect

>if ANY units with int 7" dies.

>"That doesn't sound like much at first" and "It's difficult to pull off".

He was specifically talking about chaining multiple Soulbursts together - unit A kills an enemy unit, which lets unit B kill an enemy unit, which lets unit C kill an enemy unit, etc etc.

Err.. if you take the 1600 point super formation you get.. a non-stacking s3 HoW if you roll 10 on your charge and you are fearless if you are within 6" of your warlord!

Hey, unfortunately it's illegal since CSM is a 6th ed codex and the Rhino cannot actually be taken as a Fast Attack (stuck being a Dedicated Transport).

I'd recommend converting one of the Wyvern units into solo units of Griffons or so (because 70 points for 2 Griffon Mortars is really awesome), and using the leftover points to convert the Cultists into said Termicide. You're on the right track, so go forth and kick ass.

"Tabling your enemy in his own turn is tricky, but I've gone and made it possible. You're welcome." -Phil Kelly.

He invaded it, actually managed to planetfall, Celestine revived, an Arch-Magos showed up with everything he had in his fleet, Trazyn decided to fuck around and release a millennia old Inquisitor and a bunch of Ultramarines to help defend, the Magos and Trazyn fiddled with the Pylons, activated them and drove back the Eye of Terror, stripping nearly all of the warp fuckery from the Chaos troops with it. Celestine managed to stab Abbaddon through the spine while he was choking out Creed and forced him to retreat. Meanwhile, Belakor SOMEHOW teleported onto the Phalanx, did some serious damage, was fought back, alerted the Fists that shit was awry at Cadia, they warp-jumped there with the whole Phalanx, immediately opened fire on the Blackstone Fortress and shot it out of the sky. The Fortress crashed into the planet while the Pylons were on, causing a chain-reaction and making them explode. The Eldar rescue the Black Templars, AdMech guys, Celestine and the Inquisitor into the Webway because losing Cadia sucks for everyone and Trazyn steals Creed into his collection just as he accepted defeat and was ready for his death while watching over the rapturing landscape.

No, I'm not formatting this nicely.

They used Khorne to banish Magnus but no it's cool, they are still none purer! ... cadia popped

On the plus side, Ynnead looks pretty wimpy. Your standard beatstick monstrous creature with no 12 inch move, 3+/5++/5+++.

If you can't gun that down before it's a problem, you're playing KDK or GSC.

>"Tabling your enemy in his own turn is tricky, but I've gone and made it possible. You're welcome." -Phil Kelly.

#justeldarthings

>Wraithknight kills unit with shooting
>Immediately hops to another unit
>assaults unit
>unit lives
>WK kills it in next combat
>immediately assaults something else
>meanwhile scat bikes and Reavers are pinballing the rest of your army to death

>They used Khorne
Stop just skimming memes.
It was the bond deamon in Grimmnirs axe that woke up and lashed out though the weapon.

charging out of a combat isn't as useful as you might think. you're stuck at the end of that initiative step, so you don't get extra CC attacks out of it.

>10 Howling Banshees in a Raider
>Charge a unit, wipe it out
>Immediately Soulburst into another unit

It's like 3rd/4th edition all over again...

...based Phil actually brought back consolidating into a new combat, the absolute madman. And only Eldar can do it. Beautiful.

>scatbikes shooting not once, but three times in a game turn is fun and balanced
Fuck you

Soulburst would only be cheesy if you use wraith knights or make msu tournament lists, in normal size games it means a unit gets a free turn. Remember that you have to lose a unit completely for that.
I just want to ally eldar and dark eldar without battle brother bullshit

Four, over-watch can proc a kill too.

Damn.
>Griffons
What's the draw? I was under the impression wyverns were hands down the best ordnance buy.
>termicide
If I go termies I wouldn't be able to get a rhino still. Should I just bite the bullet and get min. marines with it dedicated?

There you go, nice format.

___Nids__ or __Orks__ Triumvirate when?

Hey, know what we really need for this game?

More Eldar buffs

Griffons are a single S6 large blast. Their main draw is they're dirt cheap for R&H (35 points vs 55 points). They still re-roll scatter due to "Large Blast".

Yeah, you probably should. Chosen are the other option of course.

>nids
Never
>orks
Second to last and be the worst of them
Have fun

>Remember that you have to lose a unit completely for that.

Or kill an enemy unit. The rule just says "if a unit dies". There's no specification that it has to be a friendly unit, and no RAI reason to think there would be one.

Has GW finally mindfucked me into oblivion or are the armoured assault boxes actually semi-okay value, specifically the space marine ones.
I need confirmation that my mind hasn't finally snapped under the pressure of GW prices.

Yeah, but that isn't at normal BS, and the enemy is the one that causes it.

Don't get me wrong, fuck overwatch in it's current state, but it's not quite the same thing as 3 fucking shooting phases.

Crons...?

How do you know the costs and options of Black Guardians already? If they were among the leaks from last thread, I missed them.

>1501

Dunno, I expect orks to be mediocre, got a sneaky feeling that IF nids come it will be absolutely brutal.

Does the emperor really exist? or is he just a lie to keep the morale high?

So gentlemen. How are we going to compete with eldar now? We can't fight them with regular units, not when theirs get extra movement, shooting, and assault phases. So how do we compete without going full WAAC? Does gw not see that it's turning basic eldar troops into Fucking elites with shit like this?

No, they're actually a great value.
Like many of the SC boxes (such as daemons of Tzeentch), there is almost no reason to ever buy the individual units over the boxes.
And GW's prices provided more models per dollar than practically all of it's competition in the first place, at this point GW has the best prices in the buissness.

Game still encourages a fuckton of models, which isn't a bad thing IMO, so the competition still has that over them though.

Rountree has been pushing for better prices all across, but since lowering prices are a no go (and rightfully so, sales wouldn't increase in proportion), he's pushing out all sorts of boxed deals that are really advantageous.

The start collecting Ironjawz is the best example. Costing 65 euros while the Gore Gruntas alone are 67 euros.

If you look at new releases as well, the prices are fairly decent.

I just wish the nids start collecting was a Hive tyrant and like a set of each type of gant

Trips and I name my firstborn son Duncan

>How are we going to compete with eldar now?
Sorry, I don't play games against Eldar.

This, but Armoured Assault + SC! make a good mix

Pray to the emperor and our both spiritual lieges that rise of the primarch gives even better rules to marines, or run optimized daemons of Tzeentch lists and drown them in free bodies.

Besides that just refuse to play WAACfags (not the whole race though, fuck those guys who advicated for that in the last thread)

Re-rolling for you

So close yet so far away...

I pre-ordered 3 of the trukk boyz boxes, and I was going to get all those individually anyway, good value me thinks.

That's what I'm saying tho. This soul burst rule is going to turn practically all eldar armies into WAAC armies. How in the emperors name do we stop it? Refusing to fight is not an option but dam this doesn't look like it's going to be in any way equal. Giving extra things in a game with limited things is never balanced, and I hate it when people do this.

Based user

split them up, tarpit important units, flyer cheese. Have a reserve heavy army with cover camping units for survival. If you know you can, weaken several units, then finish them off so soul burst affects less models.

Im trying to decide if i should buy 2 Armoured assualt nid boxes or the Tyranid swarm box.

That's not true.
I refuse to believe it.
They're fix it before release

God damn it I just want to ally dark eldar to my eldar and have a nice family reunion and not have to waste points on some hq so he can die and not be edgy

What you just described makes eldar sound like a WoW raid boss, but that's not a bad idea

>This is an Aeldari 10/10

Ayyyyyyyy

Fuck this I'm repainting my army as Biel-Tan, allying CTC, converting a Dais for my boy Vect and using Khaine as my sole LoW until Vect gets rules again, fuck these corpsefuckers the cool Eldar are here

>Like orks background and fluff
>Models are terrible piece of shit
Life is suffering

Who's the asshole who keeps piling on ridiculously strong buff after buff on Eldar? 6E was already unacceptable, but they've only been receiving god tier buffs repeatedly on top of that.

That's what Eldar look like.

CUTE!!!!

Notenoughbarefeet/10

Are they worth taking at AP4?

What makes you think it wasn't designed that way? If it only triggered when your units died, you'd get almost no use out of it. Opponents would just cripple your units and only finish them off when they're out of Soulburst range.

You can only make one Soulburst per turn. I assume this means a game turn instead of a player turn.

Reserves, weakening as many units as you can before attempting to finish them off, playing for objectives (from what it looks like, their super host doesn't get Obsec), and the odd summon perhaps. From what it looks like, their Psychic shenanigans are mostly more tame compared to Runes of Witnessing; they don't get Apocalypse blasts or Doom and the primaris is no Guide.

Artillery spam might be a good way of dealing with them.

As I see it, the real threat of SB is the charging and shooting. Moving isn't that different from battle focus.
Therefore, in order to counter it one needs to:
1) keep your units at least 7" from theirs, so you can't be killed and thus give them the opportunity to kill again
2) keep out of the range of their guns, so when you kill their units you don't get shot.
Artillery should accomplish this rather well.

Furthermore, one should also seek to inflict mass casualties early on, when you are the farthest from their guns. Blasts from artillery one again do this well.

Finally, and this is just a general strategy, one should seek to whittle down the enemy units across the board before killing them. Eliminate a massive unit turn one, another massive unit gets to soulburt. Eliminate a small unit turn 6, only a small unit (thus one with decreased threat) gets to soulburst.

So hit 'em hard, hit 'em from far away, hit 'em early on but leave them just enough so you can hit 'em again later on.

At least that's what I'm toying around with for a practice list. Might be wrong though, if anyone can think of any flaws I'd love to know.

>cover camping
>against Eldar Bikeseers

Eldar was already unbeatable except by extreme luck or due to their own incompetence before these changes. They were already the best army in 7E by a large, large margin going by tournament results. To the tune of twice as many Eldar champions compared to any other race, and more high ranking wins than every other non-top army combined, or more wins than any 2-3 of the top armies combined. The only army that even comes close is Daemons, but if you remove Eldar and Daemons from the results, all the numbers add up to even less than Eldar alone.

They are tier 0. It doesn't mean they win 100% of their games, but it does mean you will never have a matchup with 50% odds or better against them unless you play Eldar.

>Aeldari supposed to have inhuman body proportions and long, spindly appendages
>surprised when an Aeldari beauty fits that description

>You can only make one Soulburst per turn.

Per unit, but yeah. You couldn't have, say, a Ravager blow up one tank, then another, then another.

REMOVE!

>I assume this means a game turn instead of a player turn.
Read the BRB. This is literally one of the first things covered
Does it say game turn? No, so it's player turn.

How effective as hands are powerfists? are they precise? could you reload a weapon with them? type on a computer?

Everything can be beaten, you just have to analyse it. The battle against an eldar is won in the deployment phase, by having the right mindset and knowing your strategy. Do not list tailor like a fag.