/40krpg/ 40k Roleplay General

"The Great Crusade is looking mighty popular" Edition.

For all your questions on Dark Heresy (1st and 2nd Editions), Rogue Trader, Deathwatch, Black Crusade, and Only War.
Not the wargame, not Chapter Master, not Space Hulk. Inquisitor is okay, but not many people know about it.

Not sure between starting Dark Heresy 1e and 2e? Pick 2e.

>Why did FFG lose the 40k RPG License?
Because they were bought by Asmodee and that caused some sort of licensing conflict.

>Will GW make their own 40k RPGs now?
Probably not. But if they do it will likely be worse than you could possibly imagine.

Book Repositories (If you're planning to download any Rogue Trader materials, read the .txt file in the RT directory)
mega.nz/#F!Pl0UgbJa!vDtTXMKnvZ26fUbuw4X9tg

There is a new Homebrew Megafolder option in above MEGA directory containing several things.

40K RPG tools, a site that contains stats or references for almost all weapons, armor and NPCs/adversaries. Not updated past DH2 core.
40krpgtools.com/

40k RPG Combined Armory (v6.48.161023), containing every piece of gear in all five lines. Now includes all DH2e books.
mediafire.com/folder/i3akv9qx9q05z

Mars Needs Women! (v1.2.15) (Mechanicus Skitarii and Taghmata for Only War)
mediafire.com/file/w1d6aq5cdr6anmh

Fear and Loathing in the Eastern Fringe (V1.6.4) (Playable Xenos for Rogue Trader)
mediafire.com/download/fjhddohpscx1d7x

The Fringe is Yours! (v1.8.13) (More Xenos, Knights, and Horus Heresy gear for Rogue Trader)
mediafire.com/file/d28i243u2k7di3z

Everyone talks about their Inquisitor or their Commander or other NPC miles above the players. What is their support crew like? How do they make the player's lives easier? Do the players trust them?

Other urls found in this thread:

mediafire.com/file/1a5knb1wbgzo8hh/Deathwatch_Great_Crusade_Testing_Ground.rar
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What is the most powerful weapon your group managed to get their hands on that they utterly failed at using?

My Rogue Trader took control of a massive Space Hulk and cleansed its depths of all Genestealers and Daemons (well, mostly). One of the ships was an Archeotech vessel from the DAoT that had dark matter weaponry that could annihilate worlds from the very core itself.

Instead, they annihilated a world by throwing the Space Hulk directly at the planet itself, turning it into a 50-mile wide chunk of Fuck You that tore a crater straight into the mantle, and permanently warped the climate beyond all habitability

Asking again from the last thread: Does RT include Tyranid "ships"?

Not official. Here's a homebrew that added them in though. No promises on quality

For those who asked, this is the Great Crusade Testing Ground.

mediafire.com/file/1a5knb1wbgzo8hh/Deathwatch_Great_Crusade_Testing_Ground.rar

Remember, a few things.
-Ignore the Legion Destroyer. It is garbage and needs a rework.
-The Seeker is probably getting some of its weapon specialization talents nerfed.
-The Breacher and Recon should be fine. The Consul is half-done, but what is there should work.
-The req costs are all sorts of fucked up. You'll need to rig those up yourself for a little bit.

If you have feedback, be sure to post it. The stuff in there is WIP, and nowhere near complete.

Absolutely retarded. But fitting, for 40k.
My group would have gleefully wrested all of the ships from the hulk, then GM would have another depression session on what to throw at us to get us killed.

What are your opinions on the Subtly mechanic in 2e?

Seems to work fine at a glance, I haven't used it yet.

Any tips for a new Dark Heresy GM who's been a player in Rogue Trader?

Guy from previous thread whose RT group is currently holding a Emperor Class Battle Titan and is trading custodianship for favors from various IoM groups. Among the things the group wants to barter the Explorator wants a new manufactured Knight Armor suit.

Now, the character in question usually pilots the ship and has a best quality Mind Impulse Unit Tthe general consensus was that if it was a NEW suit the PC wouldn't have to worry about the previous pilots memories fucking with her so she could probably handle piloting the thing. However....

It is a massive political mess. Namely a person from a non Knight Noble household getting one causing all sorts of shit. But i found a potential solution, the correct Imperial Solution: We are going to lie and fabricate history.

The PC has a noble background and is from relatively newly built forge on a reclaimed world. Don't you know it, we found all these really cool cave paintings going back to the age of strife and these clearly show that in the past this was a Knight World! Totally legit, we swear. So obviously the PC is a distant descendant of these heroes of bygone days, as evidence she and her party were blessed by the Ommnisiah who guided them to recover a Emperor Class Battle Titan! It is the least the Mechanicum can do to restore this Noble Knights House to active service.

Sure does sound crazy but it is the truth, really. See, we have this Inquisitorial missive that says we acquired that Emperor Battle Titan legitimately and endorses our TOTAL HONESTY in all negotiations regarding fair compensation for returning it to Imperial service. Obviously us stating the former presence of a Knight Household on one of our members home worlds is covered by that. Even the Storm Wardens Chapter agrees, coincidentally said world being in their sphere of influence thus automatically oath binding the newly refund Knight House to them in time of peril.

>Storm Warden Endorsement
>Camera shows fully armored Marine, face and rank obscured for security reasons
>"Hmmm......They do seem to have a Inquisitorial Mandate. By Imperial Law it is illegal for the Inquisition to be wrong, therefor illegal for anyone to doubt these Traders honesty."
>shrugs, wanders off camera
>Camera accidentally left on
>Voices heard in background
>"So you swear this new House will be honor bound to us if they swallow this load of Grox shit?'
>"Relax Brother, they already owe both of us Titan support for securing the Titan. Once i get the suit we can go stomp some xenos and rob them blind"
>"Sweet, hi five!"
>Loud clanking noise, screech of pain in binary
>"Arrrgh, my hand you broke my hand! Be careful Battle Brother, that is my future thermal cannon hand!"

Is this what I think it is? HH home-brew rules?

Don't overestimate your acolyte minions. They are fragile and much less important than RT chars.
Otherwise you treat it as lowlevel RT with RESPONSIBILITY.
Yeah.

>Any tips for a new Dark Heresy GM who's been a player in Rogue Trader?

What this guy said:
RT characters are people who have a decent chance of telling an Inquisitor to go fuck himself and forcing him to negotiate with them. They theoretically might even have authority via their Writ of Trade to ignore some of the Imperiums Laws depending on where they are.

DH characters are just operatives working for an inquisitor. Despite their authority from the inquisition they are spies, cops and secret agents. Even if they take over command of an entire planetary government during an operation they are not on the same level as a RT party is.

BTW, Deathwatch is in the middle if you want a power scale, there is even a DW option "Kill Marine' for a lone marine that you want to send into a DH or RT game. A Space Marine is usually overkill for a DW game when it comes to combat but they are crippled when any sort of infiltration or covert ops are required. In RT a Marine's combat ability while useful isn't really a big deal, they need to make themselves useful in other ways. It can really be a shock to people who want to play a marine in RT to find out that their combat abilities are almost worthless compared to their leadership[ abilities or technical skill.

What would be a good home world for a Adeptus Sororitas/seeker role?

Feral/Feodal/Death

This is my first time making a character, and those don't seem like good options to me at first glance, why those 3? Greenworld seems like the perfect choice to my novice eyes

How about a scholar raised on a AdMech dominated feudal world?

Why not? You wanted a SoB hunter, so I gave you one. Greenworld is too vanilla.

Let it be a lesson for you. When you say "good" homeworld, no one is reading your mind but you.

I hope the rest of the party's looking forward to being completely worthless in combat every single time the Knight enters the battlefield and auto-kills everything. Because that's what is going to happen.

By that time GM probably rolls with Squiggoth hordes.

I simply meant something that would go well with the aptitudes and give me a boost to the characteristics I need while not giving me negative modifiers on those stats
Garden world seemed like a good option, those other ones take away from my intelligence, influence and fellowship I think, which are good stats for a SoB/seeker right?

In the last thread I asked a question about a large combat, and an user told me to "Use the Only War squad based set up to divide them up. Basically, it makes them far less killy, and makes morale breaking an actual thing."

I thought I could figure out what that meant without spoonfeeding, but I seem to have herped the derp somewhere because I can't figure out where that is in the OW books. Can anyone help?

Sure, you meant mechanically, setting-wise, or whatever, but without actually being specific you could be looking for something innovative, something to balance out your drawbacks, or anything else that might be "good".

Personally, I'd suggest Gregorn or Forraliss from Enemies Without.

Well, you can also try mass combat in Tome of Blood, but I think it's meant for army vs army, not army vs bunch.
Don't know bout squads in OW, but you can simply try gutted hordes.
However if you fail to kill at least one acolyte in the process on 4 on 100, you'd better not show up here again.

You mean garden world? Sure, great for keeping Insanity down, but you'll miss those Insanity points when you're a Battle Sister using those talents that gain power based on your Insanity bonus.

If you're the one from the thread the other day looking to make a non-Chirurgeon medic, I'd go with Deathworld (Yanth). In addition to getting Fieldcraft as an aptitude, you'll get a bonus to crafting under the Medicae and Survival skills, which will increase the utility of your character.

Feudal and Feral (and the normal Deathworld bonus, which will make your Seeker overall very tough to get the drop on) will make your character more capable in close combat.

Why do you want Garden World?

Why are you asking a question about a character you already have planned out?

Garden Worlds get Social, right? You're getting that as a Seeker. You even have the option of doubling up on it and getting a free Aptitude as a Sororita. Getting non-characteristic Aptitudes like Fieldcraft is great because it's a very versatile experience-cost reducer.

...your GM's not one of those roll-stat fags, is he? Like, why the fuck would your character become a Seeker if they rolled snake eyes when trying to determine their Fellowship and thus was a social retard? Do point buy and sink points into the important stats.

Are you asking for advice or pitching a character concept for the post you quoted?

It's ~20 combatants a side, so I would feel weird making it narrative, but fuuuuuck playing through a 40 person combat. Is there a middle layer of abstraction?

Oh, for fucks, if you're that lazy or desperate, make it a few rolls of tactica, ws, bs, wp, tits, dick and shit and decide the outcome.
If they come up at least with some tactics, it should work.

But basically, you still are going to get a narrative because you don't want a bucket of dice. There's not much middle ground here, really.

How would I go about making a big bad sister like this?
Feudal world
Adeptus Sororitas
Crusader
Then when I can sister of battle

Since anyone can be a psyker now, why would anyone go Mystic?

I got in my game two characters who really are close and want to be able to communicate without words. First idea was telepathy, but we don’t have psyker in group. Next idea was good-best quality ear implants with build-in vox but it has limited range and can be hacked. Now they are thinking about psyber-lure. So I got a question. Can two humans be bonded via psyber-lure? Not like master-familiar, but like equals with ability to share thoughts and sensory information.

Free psyker elite advance?

But being a straight up syker is now a terrible idea because powers are so balanced and therefore shit.

Playing literally anything else and just taking the psychic advance and a couple of powers to boost your other actions is always better.

You would?
Plate armor, big melee weapon with a hand flamer/exterminator, mostly writes itself.
Start with higher PR, pay far less for psyker related abilities and talents on the whole, sanctioned is far less likely to accidentally themselves and the party, even on a push (people are ignoring how witches will get phenomenon far more often, often with more devastating consequences), access to telepathica elite advance.
Also, y'know, because that's the character you want to play, because you are not a minmaxing twat and you play a character, rather than a statistic block.
Why not pick up Linguistics: Hand Signs? Cheaper, allows for wordless communication that can't be broken easily.

They also want long range communications. If one get captured other want to know first.

That's not exactly true though, as a Telepath at core I can do all kidns of funky mind shit, then I've got a whole range of side-powers and stuff that just keys off my really good Will or my bit more average Psyniscience, whilst I don't need any investment into like BS ro WS taking away from my Will and Fellowship, and I don't need to balance my XP between powers and talents it just mostly goes into powers. Someone who just takes psychic powers as a secondary would have a real hard time getting to the same level as me, I'm for sure overtaking the other psyker in the party as he's focusing now on WS after getting himself a force sword.

You keep pushing that meme, user, I'm sure someone will believe you.
Meanwhile, the people who play the game, like , know just how stupid your statement is.

It's in Hammer of the Emperor, user.

So you aren't hunted the FUCK down for being an unsanctioned psyker.

You can be sanctioned psychic warrior or sniper or anything else. Sanctioning goes with a background. Mystic is a role.

That's wrong tho. Starting up with a psyker straight away means you can start upgrading the powers and PR right now and not worry about getting elite advance with no Sanctioning and only 1 PR.
Besides, taking an Elite Advance is up to the GM and it's not like you can all suddenly allowed to psyker because you wish it.
And that's me sayng all that, I'm the one arguing about useless psykers from the last two threads.
They're still worth using, just not as OP as before.
In a way it's even interesting, since now you can actually fail Focus Power and Opposed WP tests.

>with no Sanctioning and only 1 PR.

Astra Telepathica background gives you that, not the Mystic role

Oh, right, I forgot. But who cares?
Is there any reason not to take it? Unless you roleplay a rogue psyker.
Adeptus Astra Telepathica is a background for psykers. I don't see who else can come from it.
And whatever it is, it's bonus only works at character creation.

Retarded Alpha Legion antagonist user from yesterday.

Since underplaying them isn't an option, how do you actually get a Chaos Marine, especially Alpha Legion, right narratively? I picked up a copy of Legion to help figure out the mindset, but I'm still concerned about "generic villain with power armor and implants". I have him behind the scenes and pulling other, more visible antagonists' strings as it is; they'll definitely meet the guy, but unless they're super observant (or come here to metagame), I doubt they'll figure out who he is, and it's unlikely to be on the field of battle until it's much too late.

Tl;dr: How to Alpha Legion antagonist? Dark Heresy.

On a similar topic, how could one handle a player who decided to be Alpha Legion infiltrating the Ultramarines? One of my players in our 30k game made one with a fake backstory so Matt Ward it was painful and I'm curious what I could do for hidden objectives to give him.
As well, he's a Librarian disguised as a tactical. Was it a bad idea to do this?

I have no idea if it's ideal, it might even be overly dickish, but I have an Alpha Legionnaire disguised as a loyal Marine the party found behind enemy lines with no ammo and his armour all shot to hell. He's currently accompanying them, reporting on their every move to the BBEG when he can and working against them behind their backs.

I would make it so your players think they have figured everything out right before they storm the place.
If possible, give a few red herring, distorted rumors that makes you think the mastermind behing all this got a big armored bodyguard, maybe a chrono-gladiator or a combat servitor.
So they prepare well, gather all their assets and allies, and go confront the baddy. When they arrive, they find a thousands years old murdermachine in powerarmor at his desk instead of some old apocryphal cardinal.
And then the slaughter begins, with the chaos marine playing like a slasher villain while your players are trying to improvise a way to take him out.
The remaining cultists are getting completely berzerk now that the master is here, and the rest of the imperial forces are hard pressed.

If your party is high level, make it an Alpha Legion dreadnought instead.

Bump us today our daily thread, God Emperor

He's not even there, just a note and a lot of detpacks

A psychic artefact some 40 million years old of unimaginable power. The last user went mad and tried to turn back time and save his family.

To be fair, the campaign ended just after the final battle.

Damn, I suppose you're right. Thanks anyway for the advice.

Favorite weapon in any of the game lines?

Our techpriest had a keyblade once which was pretty sweet. It was a power sword that opened doors

I still hold the plasma gun that killed an Ork gunner at maximum range in one shot near and dear to my heart. That gun made the difference between all of us dying and our Valkyrie landing for evac. Never forget.

It later got Frankensteined into a death spewing hell cannon with S/2/4 and marginally reduced damage, with maximal still included and triple the overheat range. I continued to take the risk because who's going to complain about a curtain of plasma fire with no penalty at 300+ m?

Hmm, there's a couple ways I'd handle that situation if I was DMing.

If the players are in a well populated system there's going to be a lot of different parties interested in the Hulk. Do you think the AdMech will walk away from an archeotech dark matter ship? Or the Inquisition just ignore the Eldar/Necron/whatever ship you just acquired? And that's just the Imperial factions interested in the loot.

If they were not in a populated system, the players have another problem - namely the logistical problem of manning a massive flotilla with the crew aboard their existing ship/s. Even if they dumped skeleton crews on all the hulk's ships, the ships still wouldn't be able to warp without a navigator. So the players have to leave the hulk/their new ships to go and try to contract a bunch of navigators to fly their new fleet while all sorts of stuff can happen in the meantime.

So I asked about the wax seals with paper that characters all have on their uniforms clothes.

I was told to google purity seals, but they only mention Space Marine ones, badges of honor for succeeding in battle bestowed by the chaplain.

But what about the rest of the Imperium? Everyone has those things.

They're basically a guarantee of spiritual purity (hence the name) for regular folks.

Are they just regular paper? If they get shredded in battle can they be replaced, or do you just deal with having torn ones? Is it blasphemy to let your purity seals get damaged?

>Are they just regular paper?
Sure. The exact material may vary based on the world of origin.
>Can they be replaced, or do you deal with having torn ones?
I've seen art of the latter, but typically they're replaced. Up to the individual. Damaged purity seals, while definitely not positive, aren't heretical; they're going to get damaged in the course of battle/purging/venerating the machine, after all.

So psykers are rounded up on the black ships and taken to Terra where they're tested for power and control.

- Those lacking power and control are sacrificed to the Golden Throne in order to sustain the life of the Emperor
- Those with control but lacking power join the choirs of attendants who maintain the Astronomican until they burn out and die

Those who pass are broken, trained and rebuilt as Sanctioned Psykers. During this they may be requisitioned by special interests, or are otherwise divided out to other sections of the Imperium.

- The Inquisition gets theoretical first dibs on any psykers they want because that's how they roll.
- The Space Marines get next dibs, usually Grey Knights first since they need psykers who are also buff.

From here who gets next priority? Would it be the the Imperial Guard and the other Adeptus, who need psykers to fill key roles, or does Soul-binding to make Astropaths get priority with the remainder being issued to other Adeptus?

>Space Marines get next dibs
Pretty sure that librarians come from neophytes/aspirants/whatever who turn out to have psychic potential.

As far as I remember, Astropaths generally come from the psykers who are at least somewhat above the Astronomican fuel, but not good enough to be safe without emprah's protection.
Psykers who are already decently resistant to exploding into daemons are probably assigned according to their skillset and demands of other Imperial bodies, giving the tough pyromancer to the guard etc.

At least that's how I understood it.

>Pretty sure that librarians come from neophytes/aspirants/whatever who turn out to have psychic potential.

Maybe it's just Grey Knights then since this is the only place to nab useful and approved Grey Knight recruits.

So after sanctioning boot camp they're divided up where departments want/need psykers based on their aptitudes and powers, and those left unpicked are sent to the Emperor to see if htey survive soul-binding and can at least be put to some use as an Astropath.

Cool, thanks. That helps.

Can you still reach the end of Dark Heresy 2 and move on to Rogue Trader? Or will we have to rebuild characters from scratch?

Astropaths are far, far more important and numerous than the other kinds of psykers. I'd say they're what most think of when they hear the words 'sanctioned psyker'.

Ok, thanks.

The progression systems don't match, but you could hack it together.

>Is forever GM for group.

Callophean engine. Rank 3 DH Group walked into the ruins of a knights errant armory. After much heresy (2 chars who were playing radicals in a group of 6) they found themselves the Much sought after "secret loot room" (techpriest was laying out a map IC and was all "there's a lot of unused room here, that's highly inefficient). Upon entering said techpreist saw one stasis field, went " omg mine" and made a b line for it. After trying to use it in 3 different encounters, and giving Tue party no less than 10 corruption and insanity from keeping it around he nukes all but one of the psyker brains after using spook to supercharge the grey matter powered weapon with some shit rolls and on his last roll he for saying fuck it to the weapon he bbq'd himself with it by rolling a low 80 and engulfing himself in warp fire. Along with a nearby nurgling. His char didn't have fate to burn that time and unceremoniously died from the team finally nutting up and exocuting him on the spot for being such a fucking liability.

Enperic conduit blade. Group assassin sees in same "secret room" and also made a b line for it. Went outside, tested it, activated the discharge on a tree, fails a fear test and drops it, still activated on himself. Birns fait to live. He is MIA for 2 days and gained a level of corruption from it. Group suspect he was the one that killed a contact because of his budding ties to the Vindicare.

>tfw unsanctioned
>have high enough Deceive that the party thinks I'm not
>even fooled our Interrogator, who was the psyker's psyker

The Horus Heresy should have remained myth and legend. The books have turned it into just another manchildren playground, barely different from 40k. I will never accept anything from 30k.

That's actually a pretty great character hook, especially if your party's full of puritans.

DH2 doesn't have an end, user.

It's proving to be interesting. I -really- like to play character flaws, as much as this seems to tick off another player in the group, and the other thing is that my character was born on a Khornate daemon world, so every time his powers fail or disappoint he slips a bit more into doubt over whether he should even be a psyker and subconsciously starts to embrace more chaotic kind of, not traits, but well...

>picked up Scrier's Gaze
>we're on a feudal world standing in the royal hall
>party, Inq and King all there
>we're discussing that we have to tackle a fortified position and get past it to some ruins below
>mention I just so happen to have been studying the divine arts...
>ask for a bowl of blood
>room goes deathly silent
>Interrogator pipes up
>"surely you mean one of the more, sanctioned, methods..."
>Inq is trying to save face
>"Um, will a, bowl of ichor from the local fauna do? I'm sure that'll do..."
>"Oh, it just provides such a smooth surface, I feel it's more effective, [Interrogator], than the other methods..."
>smash that Deceive roll
>everyone's still weirded the fuck out, but I just walk over to the royal shrine and collect my bowl of bug blood from a servant
And then the last thing I've bought was Tainted Psyker...

So, I'm going to be have my players regiment (OW) become stranded on a planet near ancient archeotech ruins when their troopship crashes. The game will initially focus more on survival than exploration; I want the true origins of the ruins to only slowly become apparent. Eventually, I want the players to determine that the ruins were created by an attack by the Men of Iron, malevolent constructs that even now are not dead, but merely sleeping (yes, I know that's kind of like the Necrons...)

Anyway, I'm looking for some some good images of Men of Iron or other robots/constructs that could pass as being created by humanity in ages past. Anyone got some good designs?

Is that one of the Shrike's drinking buddies?

They were in the Pax Imperialis comic.

Omnifex Swarms, Sun Snuffers, Mechnavores, all sorts of fun stuff happened during Old Night.

I'd like to play Deathwatch again.

But I am GM'ing a DH 2nd game. The players are underhive scum but I'd like to introduce an enemy.
Are genestealers (even 2nd, 3rd or 4th gen Genestealer) too heavy handed?
Should I just introduce pussy heretics for slightly better than average starting heretics?

Heh. That sounds like a fun character to play with. What do Khornate daemons make of him?

I love the idea of character flaws too. Currently, my aspiring battle-nun is domineering yet naive and occasionally stupid.

Case in point, last session we were gifted a ship from a local noble contact. All's going well and we find the lander that'll take us to the ship in orbit. Battle-nun decides to just knock on the door. Door opens and out steps a kroot that says "I am Kroot". OOC we laugh, but battle-nun is stunned with surprise before gutting the xenos right there and then.

It turns out the ship we were gifted is crewed by kroot mercenaries, allies of some nobles. Being naive though, the battle-nun immediately assumes that the kroot are pirate infiltrators poised to sack the planet, so now she (and a Tau-hating tech adept) are dragging the party along on a kroot-purging side quest.

Heretics would be a better fight.

But thats fucking gay and I want these shitters to understand that they are not as great as they think they are.

I just realized that Necrons would work much, much better as sleeping dormant Men of Iron and i don't even mean that they just look to fucking humanoid.

T...thanks GW. Thanks a lot you fucks.
Why you are so inept at storytelling.
Christ.

What are your tactics when in combat?

RIP AND TEAR

Try to adhere to the intelligence/"supposed training" of said adversary.
>beastial/daemon enemy
Fight as hard as they can as quick as they can
>Regular beast/human/xeno
>Fight their hardest until self-preservation kicks in.
>"Fight until the end enemies"
Fight as hard as they can until they are incapacitated or killed.

If not dying counts as a tactic then definitely not this.....

>51638109
Hit it with a melta grenade.

HAWKS WIN

CUBS LOSE

GET FUCKED CUBS.

GET

FUCKED

CUBS-SHITPOSTERS
>WOOOOOH
GET FUCKED

What.

Wrong thread.

Are they still printing existing books or is shit going to get expensive

>Destroyer
Where can I find Rad Grenades at, if anywhere?

BC Tomb of Decay and 2e Enemies Within

They are not. It's already expensive.

Then arm them like they're not poorfags and have them fight like they're not spastic retards. Have the basic cultists be the outer fringe of your Genestealer cult or one of their allies or cat's paws. Like, do we really have to walk you through basic shit?

>protip: the answer is yes, you're retarded.

Look up Hardened Soul and Dark Soul from Enemies Beyond as well.

Or do it Handsome Jack style, with a dramatically spinning chair and a (recently deceased) mannequin.

>yfw you pictured a Dreadnought at a desk

Psyker-minder personnel could come from that background. Even Untouchables, best wardens for the Black Ships. Anyone who works for the Adeptus Astra Telepathica could take that background. And they get to make use of The Constant Threat whether or not they're a psyker. The archetype in mind is psykers, but broaden your horizons a bit, brother, we're in a land of imagination.

Save 300 experience, Aptitudes.

>his cult has to find a way to get manufactorums to produce office equipment of unusual size

>Callophean psy-engine
After hearing about the Beast War, I've the most brilliant idea of using it as a supreme anti-ork weapon.
The idea is probably more for RT than DH, tho.

Eventually you'll run out of talents to buy, and once everyone is an Inquisitor ten what?