Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Laughing At The Idea of an Ork Or Nid Triumvirate, Edition

Reluctant Thread >Daily Duncan Donuts
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQU8PRpyD6I

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 200% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Harlequin spiked the pieeeeeee! I think I got really hiiiiiigh! I just came to look! For a book! Now I'm bleeding rainbooooooooooows.)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

I kinda want to get this mentality out that having a single Ynnari army is "OP". It's not. They're the Eldar's TEQ. It's fair if they can have one if you bring Gladius or a Skyhammer. If they bring multiple and in the Reborn Warhost, then yes that is pretty cheesy.

Also Wyches are shit. They're just expendable meatshields. Having a whole army oriented around them would be incredibly boring. If Wych cults had the same love that Genestealers then that would be fine.

A "fun" army to play against is something that tries to bring all the neat units into the battle in a combined arms fashion. Not just spamming any one single unit. A good Eldar player would know that some well supported guardian unit is a cheaper and arguably better source of anti infantry fire power than the other units.

I'm so tired of hearing non Eldar players complain about "muh Soulburst or muh Wraithknights" They're there in the codex, they have a purpose, just like the FWs.source then any of the wraith constructs. Just because you get butthurt at the cheesemongers doesn't mean that the other Eldar players have to stop using a particular unit. Quit bitching.

Lets try this again:
Trips and I name my firstborn son Duncan.

Not quads though

Give it to me straight, Veeky Forums; can I put a Sisters squad in a Valk with the Imperial Agents book or not?

Nth for Duncan

>sneaky upside-down 6

Looks like you gotta name your kid Dnucau

If you keep posting until you get it, why post at all? Just go ahead and do it, don't be a fag.

Duncan Thin paint Surname

Old timer returning from 10+ years off.

Just reading over forums and /tg - when did the game get so damn WAAC? There used to be the 'ard boyz tournaments that would be where you pulled ridiculous stuff but hardcore lists seem to be normal?????

Not as far as I'm aware.

Shit, almost. Rerolling for trips. Or quads.

LONG LIVED DUNCAN SECOND OF HIS NAME!

Rollin'

you must call him something else

this man has stolen your destiny

Is it me or is the Shadow Sword as lack luster in the lore as it is on the table?

Three times now I think I've read about them trying to fire on a Titan, only to have the shot do nothing to their Void Shields, Holo-Fields or Psychic Force Fields, after which the thing gets destroyed in one hit by said Titan.

Only trying tonight, I'll move on to a different meme o the day tomorrow friend.

The trips that were promised

Trips right after trips but none rolling for Duncan. Sad.

nth for an apoc game with an entire Space Marine chapter.

I wanna see that shit! Fund it Veeky Forums

>implying anyone on Veeky Forums has money

What seems like the proper use for this guy? He can warp around but can't charge if he does and he has no range weapons.

>kill an enemy unit
>he appears
>kill another enemy unit within 7" of him
>soulburst him and charge yet another enemy unit
He needs support and does best in a highly mobile CQC army so the rest of the guys can take advantage of the FNP. Just imagine him and a shitload of warp spiders

I'm sure plenty have good boy points at least.

He can't charge the turn he uses his ability.

GW did this in 2005, to determine the fate of the Steel Confessors, an Iron Hands sucessor chapter illicitly founded by the AdMech, whose original homeworld of Kracsis IV was destroyed by Hive Fleet Leviathan. The apoc game involving their entire chapter was to defend their new homeworld, the Forge World of Kalevala from the very same hive fleet. They emerged victorious, but not without losing the entire 10th company, and every other company recieving 20-40% casualties.

They are the only chapter other than the Ultramarines to have a statue in GW HQ.

Drop him in on an opponents turn and charge during yours.

>Celestine can potentially take The Yncarne
Nice.

I like it

Soulburst nigga

Show up, make the enemy models near it go code brown, murder whatever is closest the next turn, free flank reinforcement

>The Ynncarne may not charge in a turn in which it uses this ability
That would stop the soulburst presumably. Soulburst gives you the option of charging but Inevitable Death states that you can not.

>About to buy first model for painting
>It's my boy Lucius
>21.75 syrups
>Shipping more than doubles the price

Why.

Canada was a mistake user.

Wait for FAQ, until then, play it how you see fit

Gotcha!

>Free shipping over X dollars
>Most FLGS will order models in at a 20% discount

Don't be discouraged. Lucius is a cool model.

Dude, that's awesome.

You're thinking of Quebec, user.

so looking at formations a bit, a cult of slaughter cultist unit with a pox walker hive sorcerer can get d6+d3 cultists back a turn, the cultists from i can see aren't restricted in taking marks so they get MoN, and with the new nurgle powers can possibly get 4+ poison attacks, or +1 S and T possibly making them a T5 regenerating blob.

So a death guard CAD + Crimson slaughter formation seems like a fun little zombie army. Typhus seems to be put out of a job.

Ahh my mistake!

> Commencing Exterminatus.

If I upgrade a 50 man infantry blob with the desert raiders option in the Talos Campaign FW book, do I pay 20pts or 100pts ? Rule says 20pts per unit ?

One day, I'll be able to enact my plan of nuclear holocaust on Canada.

You pay 100pts because it's five units formed into one for gameplay purposes.

100 points.
Combined squads gathers existing units.

Or just play it the right way

X2 dubs of Canadian end times!

>Canada: Age of Syrupmar

>first model for painting
>Lucius
Are you sure this is a good idea?

Thank god Mounties are overpowered as shit. Hopefully they get fucked with a nerfbat.

>Turboboost reavers into enemy lines
>Kill something nearby with shooting
>Soulburst and charge turn one.

No! Not my Canadian Stormtroopers!

>can statically be killed with 90 lasgun hits.

I think i can work with this.

Lumberjacks are not stormtroopers user, and that's okay.

Fall of Canada.

QC? QC? Anyone here [QC]? Gib French bread or I report u to GM

Honhonhon

This soulburst stuff while cool, absolutely terrifies me at how easily that stuff will murder most armies

Im sure glad that this does fuckall for dark eldar, now I can save dosh by not buying any of it. Sucks shit that vect will die though. I really wanted a new model.

So half the Imperium gets hatred and troops coming back on 5+ while Eldar get an additional assault phase? Im not surprised but god damn Eldar.

Think they will throw some regular old maurauding Deldar anything soon?

>120 hits
I forgot to factor in the FNP

It's pretty OP, but countering it isn't too hard, just really tedious.
You just have to make sure your opponent can't get within 7" of you on his turn, and have to get all his units diwn to one or two guys before going back and wiping them out.

It's really not that hard to counter, just a pain in the ass and tedious as fuck.

I really really doubt it

>everyone's getting something this year
>GS2 is basically an Ynnari book
>Eldrad clampack for Eldar, at the very least
>implying Vect won't get a model and a reboot as the face of the Dark Eldar proper after those other fucks join Ynnari

Eldar are already incredibly agile and have jetbikes so they can probably close that distance and popping a transport will get them the activation too

But user, that's not new and hip! You have to play Ynnari™ Aeldari™ exclusively from Games Workshop™ for the best Warhammer 40,000™ experience! Don't use those old boring eldar rules. Experience the amazing Aeldari™ like never before with the Triumverate™ of Ynnead™!

>he has no range weapons
>Psyker (Mastery Level 3)

>thinking de will get something

Wow you mean all I have to do is engage Eldar only in a very specific manner while already coping with the fact that they have the best codex in the game or else I'll get killed by an enemy being given free turns?

So I have to ask.
What was the point of giving Saint Celestine Ballistic Skill 7.
When she has no ranged attacks.
Besides an orbital and flamer template which don't give a shit about your Ballistic Skill.

Man some lawyer must be laughing himself to sleep every night over that mess.

how retarded is it to have a shooty ork army with a morkanaut for the invo save?

G U N E M P L A C E M E N T S

Bruh. That's 200 points.
When Vindicare Assasin is 150 points, with better BS and ignore cover.

Probably better off spending the points on more shooting stuff.

Not much more than any other Ork army. I'd say to go for a Void Shield generator fortification over a Morkanaut though.

>a dedicated shooting unit is better at shooting than my melee HQ, therefore her having a BS at all is pointless

long range blast weapons easily deal with them.
alternatively, use a reserve heavy army. Or tarpit shooty units while killing melee units. flyer spam and jsj units also work well. I think that the other high tier armies will be able to challenge them, at least gladius/war convo/daemons should be able to.

Well if you read the full reply list.
They gave Saint Celestine BS 7 when she has no ranged weapons which use BS.
It just seems strange and pointless.
That's what I was complaining about.

So does a Wraith Host taken as part of this new Detachment keep the Battle Focus it gets from being a Wraith Host Formation or does it have to give it up because the Detachment says you lose rules like Battle Focus or Power from Pain? The models int he Wraith Host don't have Battle Focus naturally, but gain it from the Formation. How does that work?

Hey man, I did say it was OP and a pain in the ass.
Trust me, I'm as pissed off as any other non-eldar player

No, I mean pre measuring to make sure even jetbikes and such can't close the gap. Like I said an utter pain in the ass, mess one thing up an your fucked.

I told everyone that phil kelly did this and that soulburst was OP as fuck and WK, scatbikes and WG would have it. You all should have listened. Feel like Cassandra right now

This was literally argued about last thread, I'm not having the same argument again.

>It's not that hard, just control the dice and make sure units only die when it's convenient for you

Because she doesn't magically not know how to fire guns. The number is so you know what to use in situations that may require BS, like gun emplaces. Other things may be better at gun emplacements, but people still need to know how to use her at one.

Is this concept really going over your head?

So, how is this now with the Ynnari?

Meanwhile i'm still waiting for plastic Seer council and Aspect Warrior.

Aaaand Stormcast boys get more release because their army need more unit variety

>she has no ranged weapons
frag grenades, krak grenades

The frag grenades are kind of irrelevant when she has a heavy flamer, but a BS7 krak grenade has its own uses.

You're suggesting that someone buy a vindowcare over Celestine in order to place them on a gun.

No, you buy Celestine over a Vendercar in general, and then when the opportunity arises, you make Celestine shoot a gun because it's fluffy and cinematic.

Fucking WAACoffs.

you are probably right about that. i could get 15 lootas for the price of a morkanaut

but the model is so nice and the loota models are so shit.

I'm in complete agreement with you. I just only see keeping your distance work for the first turn or two and the current meta going completely nuts.

Models gotta have a BS. You never know when GW will make some goofy new psychic power that wounds based on the target's BS instead of yours.

There's a new wraith formation for Ynnari, user.

Whispering Ghost Hall, use that.

But if you really need to use Wraith Host, I'd say it gets it.

So, do 40k orks have those little fuckin goblin dudes sigmar has? I've never played against orks in 40k.

Fuck me. I just realized I can take Banshees with Assault Vehicles now. Thank you, GW. I haven't touched my Banshees in months. Well played.

They've got Grots

Yeah, I don't want to buy another Wraithlord. I have a Wraith Host already. Besides, the Ghost Hall is geared towards melee Wraith and mine are 2x Scythes and 1x Cannons. Fear doesn't help them even if taking the Shadowseer with the -2 Leadership relic is really good.

Yeah.

And now they get soul burst
least I think they should, they are eldar.

I get the impression that is the case.

Best option you can take for the Troops tax.