Killing Norin edition

Killing Norin edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, so?rted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>Oloro Stax netdecks
reddit.com/r/CompetitiveEDH/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

>Thread Topic
Are extra turns dumb and gay? Are Mindslave effects?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/_W-fIn2QZgg
youtu.be/nf0oXY4nDxE
youtu.be/LemG0cvc4oU
youtu.be/yuxss1kBQWw
youtu.be/_EOWfvX2czw
youtube.com/watch?v=vZZP3Cqi7Lk
youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU
youtube.com/watch?v=1mB0tP1I-14
m.youtube.com/watch?v=FmvU3urYQgI
youtube.com/watch?v=DU_ggFovJNo
youtube.com/watch?v=Tgcc5V9Hu3g
youtube.com/watch?v=sRJUvIgQtak
m.youtube.com/watch?v=-jyRVt5npy0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

you forgot the fucking subject line you retard

Happens to the best of us. You could have made the thread yourself.

Anyways, extra turns are dumb and gay. So are mindslaver effects. It would be easier, and more fun, if the cards said "you win in an elaborate way, go jerk off for ten minutes while everyone finishes up".

How would atraxa fare against these two?

Voice scares me

>Animar
Easily the best 'oops all permanents' commander around. Animar.dec is very straightforward, and very powerful.

>Riku
Basically a UG deck in playstyle, but splashing some red for some spells that are broken with it (read: combos). But you can also build her as a standard UG goodstuff value commander and he's fun.

>Maelstrom
"Oops all permanents" but with a dose of RNG. Can get very spicy if you run a lot of effects that return him to hand. A big, random, (sometimes) EXTREMELY powerful wrecking ball. Good shit.

>Surrak
Keep him in your pocket if some fag tries to Baral the table. Other than that, nothing too special here.

>Yasova
Voltron that works on a slightly different axis. Great colours to protect your voltron, too. Good shit if you're into this stuff.

>Intet
lul

My only advice for RUG is to try and keep it as non-UG as possible, cause you've probably played it before and its boring

From the last thread, can someone give me a quick overview of the RUG commanders? Wanna pick one up and brew something. I like doing stupid fun shit if that helps

There's nothing frightening about the future of the human race, user

Thank you good man!

i own maelstrom and i like him a lot since he tends to play a little different depending on what you cascade into. it's never not exciting to cast him since you never know what you'll get.

he isn't really even that overpowered in casual games since he's very telegraphed about his wincons. if your table is smart about prioritizing threats then a maelstrom player will just be a fun archenemy to fight. in comparison someone like animar can easily just combo out and instawin when he gets into a good board position

>slapped by a Hellkite Tyrant
>With my Lattice out
>Guy drops Final Fortune for insta-win

Hoisted by mine own petard

>ecioV Voice
>is a skeleton with no legs
>BUWGGWUB casting cost is prohibitive
>8/8 of stats across two bodies is okay I guess
>foof your endstep is anti-synergy
>wings are only for intimidation, she is obviously a flighless bird

>Atraxa, Praetor's VoV 'srotearP ,aхartA
>is a creature, but isn't a valid target for many creature removal effects, pseudo-evasion
>still proliferates
>looks like two matadors standing back to back
>tail docking is gay, double tail docking loops back to being straight

Gotta give the edge to Atraxa, Praetor's VoV 'srotearP ,aхartA here fuck lamaj

Your own what?

"hoist with his own petard" is a Shakespeare phrase you fucking mongoloid retard. It means to be undone by your own plan, or more precisely, to cause a bombmaker to be blown up by his own bomb. In that user's story, he lost to his own Mycosynth Lattice, his petard in this case.

Learn to culture.

>reading shakespeare

Who is the real uncultured fuck here?

>pe·tard
>/pəˈtärd/
>noun
>1. a small bomb made of a metal or wooden box filled with powder, used to blast down a door or to make a hole in a wall.

That's all you had to do user. Shakespeare is only popular because he's canonical, don't be condescending. I'd be more impressed by a quality sci-fi reference, or some Kafka to be honest with you.

Not sure what I was expecting

It's more of a common phrase than anything else, I've never read anything shakespeare and I knew of the phrase.

>It's more of a common phrase than anything else, I've never read anything shakespeare and I knew of the phrase.
That's hilarious in more ways than you'll ever understand.

I wasn't the guy who used the phrase, if that is what you are implying.

>claim to be cultured
>using a redundant pejorative like "mongoloid retard"

shakespeare is for nerds, post spicy cards

No, I'm making a fancy art joke about the perpetuation of tropes and the ascent from modernity to post-modernity. But, that's a long stupid conversation for 3am when I'm drunk.

Now, how are the 4c precons for new players? If I were to build a deck to the same power level, what would it even look like?

>shakespeare
>spicy tech
Can't we have two?

Their mana base is really a mess. Better off getting the 2013 or 2015 precons.

*both, fuck

That's what I told him. I straight up sent him a link to the Mizzix one on Amazon and hopefully he takes the bait. I'm worried he'll swing by walmart, snag ydris/breya and have no idea what the fuck he's looking at. I don't even know if I have the cards to help out the manabase. Maybe I could get him to build a 2c deck from it or something?

Oh, I actually assumed it was something along those lines.

As for the 4c precons, they are probably the best designed commander product so far, excluding the land bases. They are the same quality as the commander precons previously printed, which is a fucking joke considering the decks are 4 color.

Obviously, you will always get something better if you decide to make it yourself from scratch, but that will never change.

Derevi and food chain works well.

Okay, along those lines, what if I want to make something from scratch at the same power level as the 4c precons? I was thinking Lord of Tresserhorn doublestrike and zombie tribal, but even that might be too powerful without all the reanimator and discard I'm almost obligated to include.

holy fuck commander 2013 was a mistake

i wish they'd just errata that set as an unhinged style set

IT BEGINS

>losing Jeleva
Oh please no, let me have my Grixis spellslinger pls

They should just start printing card as good as those in more sets and noone can be upset right? ;^)

I'm had trouble with that myself. I took a lot of work to talk my bro out of picking up saskia. He eventually built a decent Shu Yun and is having fun with the pinpoint nuclear blast he's also gotten way better at threat assesment. He killed me first then the atraxa player. He had to fight mono-u but it was probably his best chance.

You're a real melvin, user.

>fucking mongoloid retard

You know what we do to people with dirty mouths around these parts?

Why is this so fun?

Put your hands in the air.

Best commander for creature based combos go.

tazri

but don't do that

Not sure how well this is going to go but I'm going to try. I'll report back later, wish me luck.

Put in heroes blade to suit up the monkey

you dont

you put her in Alesha and call it a day

put in purphoros and everything else that triggers when creature tokens ETB

>play dralnu for a while, pretty basic spellslinger/tokens build
>paradox engine, doomsday, lab man and more are coming in the mail tomorrow
>my group doesnt know

I expect to be looking for a new group by monday

>first strike, menace
Why not voltron her up? Toss it out early, play as much removal as you can, and lock down your opponent with some dirty artifact stax. She seems awesome in the sense that your opponent needs to expend 3 blockers to fully block all the damage. You just need things to make your stuff more intimidating. Double strike would work wonders here, maybe with warstorm surge, hellrider, and five alarm fire.

put her in alesha, play sigaurdas aid, give her infect and cranial plating, ????, profit

Post commander + song combinations

>pic related
>Weird Science

Money in the bank

>implying
Knowing that Shakespeare wrote dense, pretentious shit for rich people means you're a plebeian.
Knowing that Shakespeare is unoriginal, pun-stuffed, crowd-pleasing entertainment means you're a step above -- what some could call "patrician," relatively speaking.

Knowing of Shakespeare's low-class appeal while being able to appreciate it along with his pacing, syntax, plotting, banter, and themes is apotheosis. Watching people of the first two attitudes fight is like watching ants fight from my perch atop a mountain. You are an infant to me.

So you're calling me patrician because I recognized shakespeare as such? China, IL sucks

reposting the best one

vraska is t h i c c

I'm saying you're a "patrician," in that you are higher than plebeians who think Shakespeare is cultured but high class. But that in the context of "not being able to enjoy Shakespeare," your title is little better than theirs, and wanting compared to that of one who can enjoy it.
Sad, but true.

"Wheels On The Dragon Go Round And Round"

I really wanted to call you a dick and a charlatan, but you aren't, your point is correct. There's a fundamental difference between understanding something on an intellectual level and liking certain types of canonical literature. I personally don't like to read Shakespeare, because it wasn't meant to be read. Listening and reading along is a completely different experience, and you can often infer through syntax some of the more archaic nuances.

That being said, it's boorish when people flex their derivative opinions in the hope that it will make them look more competent. I can't stand when people glorify canonical literature by virtue of it's standing without understanding its merit. Knowing of Shakespeare, reading Shakespeare and studying Shakespeare are three different things. To put it bluntly, check yo'self before you wreck yo'self, if your goal is to chirp nuanced subject matter.

M looks like it could be from new phyrexia, looks cool as all hell.

youtu.be/_W-fIn2QZgg

youtu.be/nf0oXY4nDxE

youtu.be/LemG0cvc4oU

>anything pillow fort

youtu.be/yuxss1kBQWw

/edhg/ has pretty good taste in music

I thought i was gonna see Queen's "Killer Queen". You got me good, user.

youtu.be/_EOWfvX2czw

Yall first year phil majors need to find somewhere else to jerk off

That sounds kind of awesome and I want to try it

Got a list?

Best Wrath of God because of the Shakespeare quote.

youtube.com/watch?v=vZZP3Cqi7Lk

I'm busy right now, but I'll have it posted by the end of the day at the latest.

youtube.com/watch?v=PGNiXGX2nLU

>Shakespeare
>phil

>Thread topic

What's so egregious about those effects compared to regular infinites? Unless you hyper competitive, in which case you're playing the wrong format shitlord, just fucking scoop when an infinite starts and start a new game.

So we're adding leddit, competitive edh at that, to the fucking OPs now but not the discord channel because "Discord is a circlejerk."

And the fuckwad forgets the title.

youtube.com/watch?v=1mB0tP1I-14

Post list. I always like to see what others are doing with Ruby.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=FmvU3urYQgI

Well, if the extra turns are for combo, then yeah, scoop. Most of the hate for them comes from people slapping them in their durdle decks. With a full hand, a new-ish pilot, and a complex game state; an extra turn can take a while.
It's the most literal "you can't play, only I'm playing" that exists in magic.

the cedh link is obviously taking the piss, m8. "Oloro Stax Netdecks" not obvious enough?

> there is a "competitive edh" subreddit

Underrated post

I wish there was a competitive version of edhrec where it only collects stats from decks which are built by people who know what the hell they're doing.

>Reddit in the OP pasta
That's new.

Taking the piss can and will morph into something else, user. Do you not remember the Serra Ascendant/Mental Misstep debacle?

In which situations would you run Mikokoro over Wreckage? I run Wreckage and I'm not sure buying Mikokoro is worth the money.

I need a land that draws cards.

Do I get grouphug friend points for Mikokoro or do I get screwed by their extra cards?

youtube.com/watch?v=DU_ggFovJNo

>the Serra Ascendant/Mental Misstep debacle
Go on...

For me, Wreckage's Hellbent restriction makes it a pretty awful choice for any deck that wants to have a lot of cards in hand more or less consistently. I only run SGW in my Boros decks, which need the draw and can find themselves without cards pretty easily.
>Do I get grouphug friend points for Mikokoro or do I get screwed by their extra cards?
Personally, I would rather have a full hand of cards plus one rather than one card while everybody else (presumably) has more.

youtube.com/watch?v=Tgcc5V9Hu3g

youtube.com/watch?v=sRJUvIgQtak

I play seagate in my omnath of rage because it frequently goes hellbent. Most opponents dont care that you're giving them cards and will use them to kill you if you're threatening. you need to lay low if youre gunna use mikokoro.

Use geir reach Sanctum.

>Run colorless deck
>Run all the utility lands I could ever want
I have never been filled with greater happiness

The main purpose is drawing fuel for Solitary Confinement, so I can't include a looting land.

This also means that the hellbent drawback of Sea Gate Wreckage is not as serious.

Now I'm even more conflicted about this

m.youtube.com/watch?v=-jyRVt5npy0

If you're using it for Solitary Confinement, definitely use SWG. People will know what's up after you pull it off and will use their Mikokoro cards to remove that shit.

The sanitarium is a looting land, not a drawing land.

This is great.

That makes sense, thanks user.

I was thinking about Mikokoro just to have a small grouphug element, but my deck is probably too trollish for that to work.

Use seagate then, I have a player in my group that used this card and greater auramancy and he cant play that deck anymore because he couldnt keep up with the early game hate.
Think about it like this like a 1v1, in a 4 player game your "opponent" is getting a free ancestral vision and you cant even draw a card to keep them off of you, where with wreckage you're competing against half the card draw so you can actually benefit from the protection.