/ASoIaF/

A Song of Ice and Fire Discussion Thread.

This thread is meant for the Discussion of George R.R. Martins Book Series, the RPG Setting, and other Media related to the Subject.

Fucking your sisters Edition

>people in Leng get up to 8 feet tall
I want some

I mean who wouldn't want to have a threesome with their platinum blonde super model hot sisters on the back of a dragon.

Dany is basically going full Rhollor, and Jon presumably will either embrace the old gods or ignore all faiths. Is there any candidate for reconquering Westeros who will actually restore the Faith of the Seven? I hope no one, and that the Faith and Southron Kingdoms fracture harder than Europe during its wars of religion in the 1400-1600s

What is the Others true motivation? I can't accept that they just want to "kill everything on their way".

>What is the Others true motivation?

To summon the Outer Gods that had placed them on Planetos.

>Dany is basically going full Rhollor

>In the books
>Dany is slowly falling into self-absorbed madness as she refuses to accept or even acknowledge the existence of other cultures and creeds, happily destroying entire families and cities in her delusional quest to "save them from themselves."

>Show Dany
>I will break the wheel!

I think the Old ones and the Maze Makers are the same, or at very least affiliated, while the Deep Ones are their ancient Enemies.

I think there are multiple signs of this in the world, especially Essos, there are three massive "Sand Seas" in eastern Essos, I think this may have been a way for the Old Ones to root out the Deep Ones in their domain, the Five Forts could be not to guard Yi Ti from K'dath, but is the outer perimeter of the ancient City K'Dath, to protext it from whatever dwelled in the territory now known as Yi Ti.

The Ruins on Lang may be the remains of an Old One civilisation destroyed by the Deep Ones in their war, while the Toad Stone may be a territorial marker, a sign of conquest. Asshai too may have been a city of the Old Ones, but had fallen to the Deep Ones. I suppose the Old Ones were driven further inland and underground.

Now the Others I'm not too sure about, but I think it may be that the Others are Old Ones who after fleeing further inland, and eventually found the heart of Winter, where they could have teamed up with the Lion of the Night (Great Other), becoming his servants.

>mfw I will never ever play a campaign set in Westeros, either as a game of AsoIaF or even DnD.

There's an AGOT mod for Crusader Kings 2

people can't be enslaved if they're dead!

Pic related.

>tfw no insane batwinged Vampire Lady Lothson gf

I suddenly have the urge to inquire whether there are fire demons on the south pole of Planetos just as there are White Walkers apparently at the north pole

Which Great House are the dindus of Westeros?

Starks because they literally didn't do anything but get slaughtered

it's Lothston

Tyrells

>side with the Targaryens during Roberts Rebellion
>lose
w-we din du nuffin
>side with Renly
>switch to Lannisters
we din du nuffin

This depiction of them really bugged me.

as in tumblerite artstyle? or weird looking artstyle?

>"Must suck to be you"- Westeros

Why do people always scribble all over my religion's invitations? First were all the Big Boss edits and now one for this guy?

Oh, no. I actually meant the art from the book. Having them just be Egyptian seemed really weird to me, given their place in the world. It just struck me as slightly lazy given they're one of the most exotic people's in the whole setting.

this guys edit predates Big Boss version.

she doesn't strike me as very Egyptian, and even then, they are supposed to be 8 foot tall superhumans interbred with ancient ayylmaos, so who knows why they dress like they do.

I would love to play a game in the ASoIaF setting, largely due to the fantastic world building done by GRRM. Unfortunately, our Forever DM doesn't want to because he's afraid our group will make ourselves a bunch of special snowflakes instead of regular PC's, which I doubt would happen.

but only special snowflakes see any of that fantastic worldbuilding

Targaryen. They wuz kangz, after all.