Lights In The Grim Darkness

Anymore like this? Where the mighty soldiers and officals of the Imperium are portrayed as kind and caring to their people when they're not out slaughtering the many enemies of mankind?

Other urls found in this thread:

funnyjunk.com/In the 41st millennium there is only/funny-pictures/5924327/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Salamanders

Besides the Salamanders ya mook

The whole point of 40k (discounting nucanon) is that there are no lights. You want lights? Play DnD.

I gotcha covered, brother.

One of my favorite things about 40k is the fact that, despite how bad everything is, life still goes on

Really depends on the writer. Seems to veer wildly between "There are places/moments of life in the imperium where things are tolerable, even alright, for those living it" to "EVERYTHING IS SHIT EVERYONE IS SUFFERING CONSTANTLY AND NOTHING GOOD HAS OR COULD EVER HAPPEN. "

Try and stop me.

Ultramarines

I GOTCHU OP

funnyjunk.com/In the 41st millennium there is only/funny-pictures/5924327/

Marines Malevolent

NOT THE FUCKING LAMENTERS

>For those we cherish, we die in glory!

Who cares if you mean well when you just die like a bitch?

Big goddamn Heroes

I love this!

Is it not just the cutest damn thing ever?! I love this guy's art but he fell off the face of the planet back in 2014.

That Lamenter sure is big.

for you

tsk tsk

40k doesn't has enough imoutos.

With all the focus on ancient evils you'd think there'd be some Onee-sans at least.

Shit like this makes me want to try and bullshit up a nuclear family that is comprised of every different Imperium faction, and possibly one chaos black-sheep of it.

Cultist-chan is the twisted little sister that was accidentally held out the airlock while in warp to Wally-Galaxy in the Cali'Fornika sector. She's never been the same since.

The lamenters come across as bleeding hearts who will never be satisfied with anything they do, even if they succeed.

Salamanders, Ultramarines, Space Awoos, etc, have them beat because of that point alone.

Dunno, read a few books and Space Marines seem to be emo as hell. Its all shooting, crying and the remaining 80% is almost comically barely-repressed homoeroticism.

It isn't grimdarkness that restricts their caring impulses, its more adolescent self obsession.

>Space Awoos

Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiit I forgot about this guy!

Anyone else hate this?

I've seen nothing but circlejerks every time this pic is posted

Space marines suck at the "gentle giant" shit, this is cringe-worthy as fuck

I like it, but Lamenters are my favorite chapter, so eh.

>cringe

Cringe culture is probably the worst thing to happen to the internet in a decade, and that include the SJWvs./pol/ culture war, corporations getting their hands on memes, and the 2017 US presidential election.

what a cringey response holy shit user

I had a weird dream once. It was Rogal Dorn hanging on a broken catwalk, with Tyrannids in the background, in some sort of industrial complex that was falling apart and exploding. Just as he was about to fall to his apperant doom Perturabo came and saved him. Perturabo even smiled like pic related

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GODS
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE

I love a good depiction of Spacemarines as the Emperor's Angels. Coming down to bring salvation to the hopeless citizens, the Emperor's Fury made manifest for their foes, and His Mercy for the citizens.

Do you think spacemarines every stay to help with rebuilding? Maybe the world is deemed vital, and a standing force remains to watch over it. Between training and praying, do they spend time out in the fields, down in the mines, or at construction sites, lending their superior... everything to assisting the humanity they are tasked with defending?

The idea of an Adeptus Astrates tilling a field during a long summer day, or yoked up and pulling a plow, while children look on in wonder pleases me greatly.

Salamanders, mate!

Space Marine bands.
What music would each chapter play? Other than devotional hymns.

What would some of their band names be?

Salamanders- Playing With Hammers
Iron Hands- Machines From Broken Dreams
Dark Angels- Occupy My Closet

Salamanders would probably play Smooth Jazz.
"This is Brother Alephus here and tonight I'm taking all my fans to funk city."

He said bands.
I like the idea of 7 foot tall giants playing smooth jazz together though.

Play with soul with dermis as black as coal~

Iron Hands do not play music, only FM synthesizers.

Ultramarines and Imperial Fists would be into classical, epic orchestra music with trumpets and shit.

That sounds bad ass...

So basically Two Steps From Hell with a full orchestra behind them.
That is badass.

Marines Malevolent. If 40k was more gritty/dark, I'd like to think of them as only slightly worse than a regular chapter, rather than "Wait, these aren't the Iron Hands."

Nah, Lewdanon is still around. Just OCCASIONALLY- like every Blue Moon or so. Also here's a recent pic from him.

Is there more to this story?

dubs confirm soro are big girls so long as they've got their pleb-tier power armor

Oh cool! You wouldn't happen to know where they lurk or a place to find an updated gallery, would you?

In the long term, the Marines Malevolent might be better for the average citizens of the Imperium than the Lamenters. Because they will keep fighting the enemies of mankind, while the Lamenters are only going to get themselves wiped out.

Thus the Marines Malevolent will be better because they keep killing mankind's enemies for much longer.

checked

I doubt they'd do the realy nitty and gritty like mining and plowing the field unless it's a REALLY rural world, but I can see them staying a week or so to make sure the defensive infra-structure after an invasion is up and working.

>lending their superior... everything to assisting the humanity they are tasked with defending?
Well, yes. In theory at least. Most marines and chapters fall short, because they're focused only on killing.

>"Space Marines excel at warfare because they were designed to excel at everything. Each of you will become a leader, a ruler, the master of your world and when there is no more fighting to be done, you will bend your talents to order, governance and culture so that the Imperium will stand eternal."
>-Roboute Guilliman

the Salamanders stay around for rebuilding and the Blood Angels are encouraged to grow and be more than mere war machines, their training also includes art and poetry to nurture mental growth

and that's why, among others, they're considered exemplars of what a space marine can be

most chapters are not that good

>possibly one chaos black-sheep of it.
I've always liked the idea that there exists a single Khorne Daemon World that is like something out of 1950s America, the nuclear family, the white picket fence, etc.
Only all of the sports are replaced with various bloodsports, and violence.

... I didn't know I needed this.

Shut up and write the fluff! Please?
Is it like the 1950's levels from Saint's Row 4?

There are a number of other "Good Guy" chapters. Guardians of the Covenant are one for example.

Basically. But rather than watching your son play baseball, you watch him and his team beat the shit out of the other team with baseball bats.

It's only a vague idea I've had, but it just appeals to me.

Blood Ravens would steal songs from other chapters and turn them into Boreale remixes.

Question related: Which individuals from chapters/armies of the Imperium would sacrifice themselves for saving the life of poor innocent kids and who wouldn't?

The thing is though, that would be Khornes version of hell for his followers. The place where you're not allowed to be violent at all, not even vulgarity is allowed. It's the worst possible thing for a bunch of psychotic murderers.

What do they do?

No, what part of GRIM and DARK you don't get

White Scars' throat singing would be awesome

a classic

>Lights In The Grim Darkness
>40k
>Grim Darkness

>funnyjunk
Fuck I haven't been there in years

>my sides

Every fucking time

Cannons are in every piece.
They have several models of artillery designed and manufactured purely for their acoustic merit, even if they are fully functional pieces of wargear.
A curious overlap exists between firing drills and rehearsals.

Presumably they Guard the Covenant.

>ignoring the emperors light.

get the fuck out.

Can someone post the version with te story?

wut?

Unfortunately my dream ended at Perturabo smiling and holding Rogal Dorns hand. Although as a side note, I imagined Rogal Dorn with oit any facial hair and more like that one sketch of him.

THROUGH THE POWER OF FRIENDSHIP!

Our Rogue Trader crew are pretty much a light in the grim darkness.

Lamenters.

The Chapter itself are noted as literal warrior monks. Unlike most Marines they actually spend significant time in ready, study, and scholarly pursuits in addition to training for war. They are noted for showing a lot more care for common citizens than other chapters.

I like the variety. I think if people ever forget that 40k could be funny or cute, then there will be no one left who really cares about it. We all become Kriegers, blindly following orders and stabbing anyone who disagrees.

It's like how there's the dusty dry history that everyone memorizes by rote, and then there's the inscription by Euthymides on his Three Revelers that basically said 'suck it Ephronios.' If you don't really care or have an interest, you'll only ever learn the former and never the latter.

The Raven Guard have a number of humanitarian captains, occasionally even not following orders in order to prevent civilian casualties.

Ultramarines and several of their successors can be pretty damn good - the White Consuls especially spend a lot of time working with several planetary systems, since they're an Astartes Prases chapter (i.e. one of a couple dozen who guard the Eye of Terror).

The Angels of Absolution are generally considered good guys.

And ironically, they're Dark Angels.

Not that ironic, really. They're not bad marines when they're not obsessed with the hunt and keeping secrets. The uninitiated tend to desire to be as noble and courageous in battle as the Lion, and are generally at least as good as the average Imperial Fist or Ultramarine.

Now imagine if you're not fleet-based like the Dark Angels chapter, and no longer really have an excuse to disappear the moment your battles are over with and keep marines away from ordinary people, and instead have to work closely with the people of the planet on various things - the mundane needs of supply, small areas of protection, and coordinating fights alongside one another.