Does he have a point about spears?

What do you think of him?

If there was a harem anime about weapons, Spear-kun would be the protagonist. Axe-chan would be best girl, Club-chan would be the shy one, and Sword-chan would be the bland one who wins in the canon route of the VN.

>le ebin belgian historicaly accurate meme man

Nah the MC would be a shield, spear-chan would be the genki track girl

who?

Would gun-chan be the tsundere?

NOT AGAIN

GOD NO PLEASE

SAGE IN ALL FIELDS

Gun-chan would be the foreign exchange student with giant tits (even more so than the other girls)

Durrr

>futanari

He's simultaneously wrong and right about spears. He makes some very good and accurate arguments for why you should hold your spear underarm, he just misses one very important fact: The reason Greek Hoplites held their spears overarm is because when you're in a formation as dense as a Greek Phalanx, there is no fucking room to use your spear underarm. That's why the Greeks fought in phalanx with their spears overarm, there was literally no other way to fight in such a tight shield wall. That's why the Dory had a counterweight at the back end, precisely so that the centre of balance would be further back from the middle, lessening the loss of reach from the overarm stance.

When fighting in looser formations, or in a general melee, the Greeks and everyone else on the planet used their spears underarm for all the reasons he stated. The overarm fighting style is particularly to fighting in a specific formation that simply does not allow effective underarm fighting. So in short, he's right that underarm is better overall, but wrong that nobody fought overarm because he does not understand how the phalanx worked.

Oh look, it's another Lindyb8 thread.

>a point about spears

Is this faggot the new Spoony?

Don't know the dude. But all my spellcasters in D&D and its derivatives all use spears instead of staves.

I don't know what he says about spears, but if it's about underarm vs overarm, then find Matt Easton's video about that.

Odd request, but
could the Arms-and-Armor-fags wear their trips in Lindybeige threads?

I've developed a new weapon against these threads

>proper fold-over collar, still white

2/10 apply yourself

>implying

Spear-chan = childhood friend next door neighbor
Sword-sama = school president and idol
Mace-san = glasses wearing class president
Axe-kun = boisterous tomboy with a fit body
Flail-san = tall quiet girl who is easily embarrassed and who all the other girls like

>Another beige thread

you do it

Saved, thanks for providing

Daily reminder about saging, hiding and ignoring.

Interesting to listen to and seems pretty fun, but speculates way too much and seems to ignore widely available evidence and obvious alternatives sometimes. Basically what you'd expect from a youtube historian but more entertaining, at least, that most.

Oh, uh, I mean FUCKING TRASH BRITIBONG KEK

Fuck Lindybiege
every time he posts himself to /K/ he gets saved and ridiculed
Fucking "Spandau" Shithead!!!
Le Bren Gun is best Gun because we british won the war

>And here we go, let me bump this thread of mine
I hope you die out of small-cell carcinoma caused by passive smoking. And I hope they will manage to administrate into your system at least 3 rounds of chemo before that painful death in your own piss

Fuck i meant Saged*

Dagger-chan would be MC's imouto that goes everywhere with him, but only gets attention when no one else is around.

I don't personally understand these criticisms. If you don't want a historically accurate campaign, you don't have to take any of his advice. However, if you do he's a decent, if not infallible guide.

This is a more legitimate criticism. It feels like he often times selects contexts and situations that fit his narrative, and leave the others out of the video. I would enjoy his videos more if he wasn't trying so hard to make a point that he left out relevant information.

Yeah he's ridiculously pro-british. I wouldn't use him as a reference for anything WWI onwards.

Did someone say lindiebeige?

Can someone give me a quick rundown on the Cromwell tank

BECAUSE SOME SHITPOSTER MAKES THIS THREAD EVERY DAY. STOP BUMPING IT LINDY

Did you make this thread just for that pun?

You could filter it user. Phrases like "does he" and "Lindybeige" would probably catch most of it.

Good adive for you mate, from previous two threads of these

Literally
Don't
At all

The fuckhead will need to sleep eventually and that's when the thread can easily hit page 12 and be archived. Calling him to stop only makes him bump harder.

So literally report, hide and ignore.

"is he right" filters 90% of beige-posting

Why not just make a post with a picture of spears? You'll still get some (You) miles.

It's impossible to pierce armor using spears underhanded. Meanwhile you can pierce the fuck out of armor if you use them overhand. The debate is over.

Damn, dude. I literally found out about him 3-4 days ago, watched through a bunch of videos (they're like 5-10 minutes each and you can turn it off halfway through when he starts repeating himself) and went "Seems fun, but talking out his ass alot" and didn't watch anymore. Chill out and save that kinda hate for something that deserves it, which was my point in the first place.

Y'all are pissy as hell lately, what's with that?

He's not mad that Lindybeige exists, he's mad that people keep spamming lindybeige for "epic trolling" purposes.

I only found him recently. I've enjoyed his channel immensely. Any videos you'd recommend?

>Page 5
>Quick, let's trigger some poeple!

I agree with Lindybeige except for two-weapon fighting.

As someone who has fought off attacks (black, Mexican) twice with two-weapon fighting IRL, I think Lindy doesn't understand the effectiveness in the image you portray when fighting with two weapons.

That's the game-changer, if you ask me.

Surprised this hasn't been posted

The eternal memelord of two-weapon fighting, Miyamoto Musashi himself, said it didn't really do anything and he only trained in dual wielding so he could be effectively ambidextrous in case his good hand got stabbed

>It's impossible to pierce armor using spears underhanded

Not if you stab them in the dick.

>Meanwhile you can pierce the fuck out of armor if you use them overhand.

Only if you stab them in the neck.

In reality, while it's probably better to fight overarm, underhand is still entirely lethal when used properly (and your still really needed training to properly use a spear to begin with).

>As someone who has fought off attacks (black, Mexican)

I'm confused as to why this is relevant

How new to Veeky Forums are you?

It's kind of important to also mention that a huge reason the Romans were so successful militarily is because of their almost universal seizing of the initiative and never choosing to fight on the defensive, the flexibility of the Maniple, their "disciplined savagery" where they could leash their aggression under a yoke of discipline yet unleash that ferocity upon command, and their huge emphasis on logistics and the management of the baggage train

Also the fact that they really only learned this after Hannibal kicked their ass for a while/spoiler]

If you don't have a point about your spear, it's just a stick.

That and their fuck huge reserve of manpower allowed them to outlast many opponents that they couldn't simply best on the battlefield (such as Pyrrus or Hannibal)

>>>/reddit/

He meets par if you've got low standards, yes. But why listen to him, when you could listen to Matt Easton or even someone like Jimmy fucking Rome?

Don't use him as a reference ever. A random youtuber is not a source. Lindybeige is at best a starting point for actual knowledge.

It's good in that kind of situation. It's not good in military contexts, which is the only context Lindy seems to care about.

He's a Dude from the Internet, and he's got opinions about spears and other medieval weaponry that he must share. You're Welcome.

C'mon man, this isn't /tv/. Try to keep the gibberish shitposting to a minimum.

oi, he said it's useful for fighting multiple opponents; just not useful for duels against actually skilled opponents

Anything of him riffing on movies is fairly amusing.
I found his stuff on military organization interesting.

I would watch this.

You get extra XP if they're a minority

Why is there a thread about him everyday now?

Because spamming threads is cheaper than buying a banner

Best post in a stupid thread.

Doesn't look like a hobo, can't be Lindy.

>You get extra XP if they're a minority

what did he mean by this?

>he just keeps bumpin

>What do you think of him?
I think he makes threads about himself on Veeky Forums and /k/.
If he didn't he would be just another ignorant bong pretending to be an expert about everything and would be ignored as such.

The roman dude isn't an argument, it's a response to make nofunzone fags sperg out.

But he's also a LARPer with 30 years of experience!

Occasionally he talks about interesting shit.

Often his shit is full of guesses,assumptions and poorly researched things.

Can occasionally just be stupid, as in one video where he was fucking around with a koptesh and using one to chop vegetables or some shit.

Stop shilling

Do people hate these threads because they trigger autism?
I use the word people loosely.

No, I didn't realize it til after.

>pierce armor

Bruh

>BECAUSE SOME SHITPOSTER
and by that you mean lloyd

Of le course not we are le Veeky Forums proud
Liberals
Cuckolds
Sub 90 iq avg

Let's not pretend it's entirely impossible.

But in the context of ancient greece its like totally dumb with such little armor you shouldnt even try to pierce it. You cant get through the shield.

I'm not sure references to "armor" take shields into account.

I'm sure shields are technically a kind of armor, but it's usually used to refer to body armor specifically in these threads.

Because it implies it is an unfair fight or a random attack.

Both racial groups are known to, in the United States, to get their backup to mob you when they are losing a fair fist fight OR to jump you in large numbers.

He's hillarious, especially for the knee jerk reactions he gets on Veeky Forums at the mere use of his name.

Otherwise, his videos are interesting and enjoyable, but you should not use them as the basis of wathever historical weapon theories you might have.

It's not like they were like Russia that's known for just throwing warm bodies at the enemy until both stop moving. Early Rome's manpower came from its conscription (and later volunteers after the Marian reforms, but that's already the first crack in the system immho famalam (in my most humble opinion kinsman)) and that was tolerated because (or instilled in the Romans, chicken or egg dillemma) Rome had great patriotism. You could not hold a public office without serving in the military, and stabbing a barbarian or two in the neck was something a Roman just did.

NO

SHUT UP

EVERY WAR IS A ROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS CONTEST WHERE IF YOU PICK THE RIGHT WEAPON YOU WIN ALL THE BATTLES, FOREVER

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Belgian

What ?

Spoony couldn't even dream reaching that level of faggotry.

>Another Lindy thread

Yes, this is my type of thread

Varg is more tolerable than him

Yet another Lindy thread
>what if he starts these threads to promote his channel?

no clue
Memes?
Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy?
Could be anything

I enjoy these threads because of the autism

SAGE

No, you enjoy those threads, because you are a fucking shilling troll, hell-bend on bumping this shit. The fact janitors do nothing with this only indicates how bad things are going currently for Veeky Forums

I only watched a couple of his videos but why does he jerk of Runequest so much?

>it hurtz muh widdle eyes

These threads are no better than people larping when others are trying to discuss.

Enjoy your cancer, I will never this fucking place

>Giving free advertisement to random internet nobody, because he can't afford clothes or a fucking banner is ok
Kys

There are times when I start missing nazimods. At least this place was kept clean. It eventually backfired horribly, but threads like this were fucking cut almost instantly.

Why don't you crawl to the otherchan?

They are accepting of neckbeards such as you

>Shilling for beige
>Bumping his threads every half hour
>HURRR YOU SHOULD ALL LEAVE DURRR

Like the other user said - kill yourself

Your tears are delicious, want to get BTFO some more?

>get BTFO
really man? Really?
Now explain the Belgian bit

I am not even that guy you're speaking to, I am just baiting because I am bored.

Damn, I am only monitoring the thread to have that explained