>Makes use of camouflage
>Devout like none other
>Honorable and respectful of civilians

Tolle nodum, brother!

I will fucking kill you furries

White Scars.

White Consuls.

Officially? Astral Knights.

Unofficially? Angry Marines. I weep at the lack of any Angry Marine vs World Eater stories.

Ultramarines.
They're great.
Fuck the haters.

my nigga

Space Wolves. I bought these guys over ten years ago and still love them.

Fuck the memes, these guys are great in their absurdity.

At least we have these guys to make up for anger.

Rogal dorn is also the best primarch.

the VIII but the night lords get no love on Veeky Forums

Lion for life dogfucker

My nigga

>Napoleonic-era boarding assaults and naval warfare IN SPEHSS
Always loved the Marines Errant.

Take the knot!

another thread where I can post my favorite models yay

all my favorite chapters are hard luck chapters that aren't the lamenters. Scythes of the emperor, Celestial Lions, Crimson fists. they also generally tend to be pretty solid dudes.

TASTE

Blood Angels for lyfe.

hey! they may or may not be loyalists! we may or may not be talking about chapters here, not legions. unless we are.

First for the coolest, mightiest and likable chapter

My homebrew, the Blue Daggers, as featured in Tales of the Emperasque and A Scourge of Aliens. If we're staying canon, I like the Novamarines and Salamanders.

chapter? whichever iron hands successor is the most brutal with the most mechanicus stuff

whichever that one is

are Raptors the Space Marine equivalent of catachans?

Technically World Eaters, but if we're gonna go by actually loyal, actual chapters, then Storm Wardens.

Top 5 for me.

I going with the Minotaurs. They have a good Greek aesthetic which they make use of. They also have the best weapons available because of their ties with the High Lords which has its own little appeal. There's also a good chance that they're loyalist Iron Warriors which really turns me on

I always thought they were loyalist World Eaters.

Marines Malevolent, because they're such fucking assholes, even by 40K standards. I wish there was more lore on them.

Also, I like the Red Scorpions' colours and Mk IV armour fetish.

They're pretty good when a reasonable author writes them. Less so when you get the "Space Wolves Wolf Lord Wulf "Wulfenwolf" Wulfsson on Thunderwolf, equipped with wolf pelts and wolf claws" shit.

Dubs for best Chapter.

>laughs corsairly

There evidence for them being World Eater/War Hound or Iron Warrior descendants. World Eater of course because of their aggressive tactics and being known for attacking even friends in the midst of battle.

However there is also evidence that they could be Iron Warrior. For example the Iron Warriors were known for both overwhelming firepower and aggressive melee, even without the butcher nails that the World Eaters later had. Another thing that could point towards them being IW descendants is that they always keep their numbers high and Perturabo had one of the most stable geneseed. For me personally, their Greek nature marks them out as loyalist Iron Warriors considering their home planet was called Olympia.

Something like that yeah. Less specialized and more just generally sneaky and tactical though.

Could also be neither. "Angry dudes" and "not-Greeks" are archetypes that tend to get used quite a bit, so it could be that the resemblance is because they draw on the same character types and source material. Don't fall into the trap of assuming that every Chapter is a clone of its founding Legion.

And less Rambo.

So, where'd you steal that shirt from?

A man of taste

>meant to be achapter master
>looks like a tactical sergeant with a cape and iron halo
kek

He's also the weakest lord of war in the game

As badass as the Raptors are, I will always be a fan of the Salamanders.

Supporting this one. Nice guys who don't get dicked over every 5 seconds. Plus, the fire theme is awesome.

Salamanders are love. Salamanders are life.

Then how come they have no successors? In over 10,00 years?

Brothers!

They do have successors, they just didn't have any in the Second Founding due to low numbers after the Drop Site Massacre. The Black Dragons and Storm Giants are Salamander Successors.

They have two suspected cases. I suspect the tendency to avoid using them could be because they've always been smaller than other Chapters, and not the most Codex-compliant structure-wise. Maybe they can't afford to spare the gene-seed for Successors.

I like the Ultramarines.

Sergeant Telion a cool

Slamanders get shit done and they aren't dicks about it. Also, who doesn't love a heaping helping of KILL IT WITH FIRE.
How can a successor chapter to the Salamanders only bee "suspected" when their primary geneseed mutation turns them literally black with glowing red eyes? Seems to me like that would be a dead giveaway.

dark angels

their terminators are fucking sexy, it sucks that terminators are dog shit in 40k.

Tolle Nodum!

Storm Giants because there's fuck-all lore about them, and Black Dragons because their gene-seed is probably too mutated to even be recognisable. Also, you're making mistake of assuming that GW writers know their own lore.

Where my fellow goth kids at?

Victorus aut Mortis!

A valid, but sad, point.

Raven Guard do not get enough love. They are noble and humanity-loving Space Marines in their own right.

I just wanna be black and gold and finish the fight that we started.

Trying to write a White Scars successor, give them a unique feel, big up the hunter vibe and dip my toes a little bit into snowflake territory in terms of weapon choice.

Hammers of Dorn?

Space Sharks

Better loyalist option would be the Black Consuls.

Remember to laugh while you kill.

A while back I kept going back and forth between which Chapter I really liked. It's really hard to pick a chapter that isnt super angsty (BA/IF) or super WE ARE THE BEST AT EVERYTHING, LOOK AT HOW GREAT WE ARE (BT/SS). I used to like Imperial Fists before I found out about the pain glove. After that I fucked off on that idea trying to get away from the teen angst and finally settled on some dudes who just fucking kill shit well and don't swing dicks about it. Crimson Fists.

Crimson Fists have a Land Raider more badass than most chapters, choice approved.

Celestial Lions.

Too soon?

Mah nigga.

Well the Sons of Medusa got kicked out for hating too hard.

Kicked out of the Iron Hands.

For hating too hard.

Think about that

Naw, they got nobledarked recently, thanks to the Black Templars.

Sons of Medusa kicked all the other clans out for not hating ENOUGH.

One way or another, sons of Medusa called the iron hands - who once killed a third of a sector for the crime of getting conquered - a bunch of soft beta pussies.

>They are not my hands.

>This fact is forgotten by my brothers - inexplicably, it has always seemed to me. The hands are strong, to be sure, and have created great things for us all, but they are not mine. And that counts for something.They forget that the silver on my arms comes from a beast that I vanquished. It is the mark of a great evil that I ended, and yet it persists within me... I would struggle to remove it now... I will not remove the silver from my flesh because I have learned to depend on it. The fault is with my mind. I rely on the augmentation given to me by my metal gauntlets, so much so that the flesh beneath them is now little more than a distant memory...

>A day will come when I will strip it from me, lest I lose the power to master myself forever. Already my Legion's warriors replace their shield hands with metal in my honour, and so they too are learning to doubt the natural strength of their bodies. They must be weaned off this practice before it becomes a mania for them. Hatred of what is natural, of what is human, is the first and greatest of the corruptions. So I record it here: when the time comes, I will strip my hands of their unnatural silver. I will instruct my Legion to recant their distrust of the flesh. I will turn then away from the gifts of the machine and bid them relearn the mysteries of flesh, bone and blood. When my father's Crusade is over, this shall be my sacred task. When the fighting is done, I shall cure my Legion and myself. For if fighting is all there is, if we may never pause to reflect on what such devotion to strength is doing to us, then our compulsion will only grow. Already I see the madness that path leads to, and so I shall excise the silver from my hands. In doing so I shall weaken myself and my sons, but nonetheless it must be done. The hands are strong, and have created great things, but they are not mine.

Minotaurs were literally confirmed IW descent by their creator.

there's a facebook screencap from him

Now that Roboute is back, return of Jaghatai when?

Disco marines

but if you want to get canon?

youtube.com/watch?v=VGHAJWD0LAo

nightlords

but those are nightlords...

Not canon.

"It is our sacred duty to stand defiant and vigilant betwixt the alien horrors that lurk beyond the veil of the Halo Stars. Woe betide he who forgets his vanquished foe." - 4th Canticle of the Tome of Oblivion - XII Passage

IRON WITHIN

Absolutely based. These guys seem like they have a lot of potential.

Haven't read the new lore though, maybe that's changed.

Blood Axes.

My silent brother.

You sir, are a bitch.

Minotaurs are nothing more than the High Lord's bitch boys.

Your taste is bad and you should feel bad.

DOOM EAGLES

>big up the hunter vibe
>big hunter
>big game hunters

Safari Slaughtering British Explorers in SPACE

t. Marneus Augustus Calgar

this is part of what i like about them.

ragged unpretty and simple. but with this certain flavour no other chapter has.