>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

>OP image album
imgur.com/a/fHkqJ

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/717049.page
mega.nz/#!LogA2KJL!Xrejp3mSGsKIT36v6xbwueYU98UUV-FjRM5FtwIF7oQ
tga.community/forums/topic/2580-ironjawz-and-destruction-allegiance-how-does-this-work/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Can't wait for the Vanguard-Hunters warscroll.

Anny infomation about new points cost of Sylvaneth in new handbook?

Not yet.

Pestigors when?!

Nothing will ever beat my love for Extremis tho.
GW really did the best they could.
Looking for a nice point drop off the vexillor to field more Extremis

Please tell me this is sarcasm?

Hi lawyer-user! How's the practice going?

And how many games have you stomped your opponent's army?

Extremis could do with a conditional battleline. Something like Dracothian guard becoming battleline under Extremis Chamber allegiance with a Lord-Celestant on Stardrake warlord.

Example list...

Celestant on Stardrake - 600
Concussors x2 - 280
Concussors x2 - 280
Concussors x2 - 280
Fulminators x2 - 240
Fulminators x2 - 240

Would a list like this even do well? I'm having my doubts.

Sounds boring as fuck to paint and play with...

Hey guys, I just won this at the LVO, and I never planned on starting a seraphon army, but I am seriously considering starting it now.

What would you all recommend I get to expand it? I like the idea of a saurus themed army, over skinks, but I do like bastiladons too. Would the bloodclaw starhost be a good goal to build to? What would you recommend it's comprised of?

I am also thinking of a theme to do them in. I like the idea of a heavily aquatic theme. I have an idea for a drowned slaan, or one who is trapped underwater. Being trapped there for so long amongst sea-life has altered his memories, so all the seraphon take on sea creature appearances. Like the bastiladon will be converted to look like sea turtles, or the carnasaur will have flippers and fins instead of limbs and claws like a kronosaurus or basilosaurus. Saurus will have additional fins running toward their tails, and cold-ones will be posed like they are swimming. I'm thinking of calling it Memories of the Drowned Slaan, or something like that. I know frogs are amphibious but work with me here. Everything will be covered in barnacles and bases themed with coral and seaweed

Am I the only one who really hates the normal Saurus? 0 Ferocity in those miniatures. The Carnosaur Scar Veteran is what a Saurus should look like imo. They also suffer from being a bit small, not sure what scale they should be maybe a bit smaller than Orc Brutes?

Forgot to include pic related.

Theme sounds cool if you can pull it off.

Try looking at aquatic reptiles for inspiration. Sea snakes, saltwater crocodiles etc.

You might also want to go with a marine Mesozoic theme, what with the rest of the Seraphon basically being humanoid dinosaurs. Perhaps Terradon/Ripperdactyls replaced with icthyosaurs, or a plesiosaur or Liopleurodon Stegadon.

I dunno, I'm just throwing ideas out there.

No.51622834

Have you posted anything on there? no ones even commented on my shit, they just keep liking, which is confusing.

fugg, i fucked this up

I think the warriors can be improved, but mostly in posting and some greenstuffing

It's going to take some effort for sure. Coral and barnacles can be easy enough to do with greenstuff. For flippers and additional fins, I am thinking of making them with cardstock, cut and shaped, then more greenstuff sculpting on top to make them seem part of the creatures.

That's actually pretty close to what I'm thinking. I'm looking at all the aquatic dinosaurs for ideas

Right now I need ideas on what to add to my force so I can plan out purchasing and conversions

Also imagine the big sea dinos swimming with little fish and remoras hovering around them. The more I think about it the more excited i am to try it.

A 100pts drop for the Lord-Celestant on Stardrake wouldn't be out of place. The Drakesworn Templar already costs 500 to the LC's 600, but is better or equal in pretty much all regards.
The rest is priced nicely and doesn't really need changing.

They need more bulk and better expressions. The Scar Veteran is perfect in that regard IMO.

If you want to do the fish, be warned that GW doesn't make much in the way of fish. You'll have to make them from scratch or find 3rd-party model bits, and if you do the latter, actual GW stores may not let you in. You'll need to talk with the manager beforehand if you want to do that.

Just a heads-up in case that's relevant to you.

So there's this retard speaking of AoS and I'd need tips on how to deliver the most savage burn ever.

dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/717049.page

Last comment in the thread.

Why do you care? His opinion is misinformed and stupid and he ties game quality directly to amount of pages but in all honestly letting his thread die without making it to a certain amount of replies is a way better 'burn'.

What makes you think you need to soapbox your game? The only good question you could ask is: have you played it?

Morons gonna moron. Just let him be, he's probably already suffering enough, considering that entire post.

>I'd need tips on how to deliver the most savage burn ever.
Don't. He's just an idiot. Another suicidal moron that's willing to quit the hobby if things don't go his way. There's nothing you can do to change his mind or deliver a 'sick burn'. He will just reply with the usual anti-aos bullshit we have seen ad nauseum since the beginning, getting nowhere.

Just avoid it, and delight if 40k get's an aosification knowing he won't be part of it anymore. If not, just enjoy the hobby as you always will.

Why bother? It's not even a particularily egregious example of stupid and even if it were, what do you get out of it?
It's not like you're going to change his opinion, dumb as it may be.

If you don't have a 'sick burn' ready upon reading something *and* can't even come up with one on your own, chances are that thing is not worth the time it takes insulting it.

It's really just the usual simplified=dumbed down mentality that plagues 40k players. They see what happened to whfb and from all the knee-jerk reactions and bitching that has come from AoS' reception, they think 40k will become babies first wargame as well, not realizing that even though AoS has a simplified ruleset, i still find it as tactically challenging and complex as whfb ever was.

But morons like this will continue to think complexity correlates solely with number of pages.

Just let them stew in their stupidity and, if 40k doesn't get AoS-ified, their awful rules.
And if it DOES get the AoS treatment, laugh even harder, because it'll probably give them an aneurysm.

How would i fluff tyranids into AoS without being setting breaking? Is there anything that needs to be changed about the nids to look more fantasy?

Shits and giggles.I know the guy and he gets his panties in a twist with extreme ease (though right now I ain't have time to write down the tirade nor think marginally of it).

Should we add that to the bingo? It comes up often enough to warrant inclusion, I think. Not to mention it matches the level of stupid of the other slots.

I think it's the same retard over and over again. Oil your gryphons (by the way, have you guys done so already) at least was uttered by a couple of jackasses. This most likely is the same autist over and over.

Play Deamons faggot.

I was originally going to go with sculpted fish. They were meant to be small and low definition anyway, Just simple little shapes painted vibrantly, heald aloft of the models pinned using wire.

Not the user who posted that but Nid players probably just want a rule set that doesn't completely make their army shit-tier and I don't fault them for it.

The Daemons are the same in both games and they're taking on the Nids so I don't see why the other races from AoS can't do the same since they themselves fight Daemons on a regular bases.

You don't need to change much about them desu. They are an alien race. They can fit in most settings by the sheer fact that they are alien. They don't need a specific look.

He has a link for 9th age in his signature, and making a 40k thread. I'd say he's made up his fucking mind about AoS. Don't bother.

What are beastmen

And they are even just as shit as Tyranids are. It's a perfect match!

Oh, okay. That'll be cool with GW shops then, in fact it'll be an asset (they like advertising the modelling and customisation aspects of their games) provided it's done well.

Good luck.

What do you guys think about this list? Traits and artefacts are randomised. Thinking about should I use bows instead of swords on kurnoths. Riders are flankers.

It will be a challenge, but I've been looking for an excuse to practice my greenstuff skills and this might be it.

Branchwraith is garbage without access to Sylvaneth stuff.

Even with access to those it's overshadowed by the branchwitch

What rules, if any, would you like to see adopted from 40k?

I personally would love to have templates back and maybe consolidation.

Templates would probably nerf thanquol & boneripper against single targets but at least it would mean the warpfire throwers aren't auto take.

None, preferrably.
Templates only mean you'll need to spend ages making sure your units are at maximum coherency, which is boring as sin. Damage values work fine the way they are.
If I *must* pick something, I'd pick Challenges. It has little impact on the game and might be cool.

>wanting to import inferior rules

Getting rid of template was the best idea of AoS. So much time gained. That and multi damage wound going over to the next model.

40k refugees, I assume. So it is really dying?

Big time. Not only from model positioning, but also from not having to fuck around finding the best template position.

How are they inferior? One allows you to move d6 after combat which helps slow armies a bit while the other adds some much needed flavor when it comes to the way you attack things.

How does it make sense that you shoot one cannon let's say and you hit but one save nullifies the damage EVERYONE in the unit takes? It's completely retarded.

I know you AoS players are afraid to add anything into this game but come on...

Templates are absolute cancer, just like tlos. The only template I think is ok is the breath/flame template, because it really adds flavor. But I'm glad they are gone.
Abstraction>Simulation tßh

You wont ever quit 40k or play AoS.
So why bother shitpoting ?

Whatever, guess there's no changing your guys' minds. I think it would bring a lot more flavor but I guess an extra 5 seconds per artillery attack is just too much for you guys.

more like 10 seconds per shot PLUS the whole moving and spacing out your minis.

Also, lovely autism.

Five seconds per attack and ten minutes per movement phase to make sure your units don't get fucked over by templates and shitty positioning.
That shit adds up.

If you want templates you'll also need to add repositioning after combat, at which point you'll need way more time for movement.
Also, here's your (You).

10 minutes? Come the fuck on.

You guys are exaggerating this shit so much it's laughable.

Do you literally measure every model in a unit to make sure they're absolutely within that 1 inch coherency? No probably not. So you won't be doing it when spreading out. most people eyeball that shit in friendly games.

Most 2k games have maybe 5-7 units with multiple models. So spreading that out doesn't take as long as you think. Unless you're playing with 300 grots or some shit then time really isn't an issue if you've found an opponent who'd play against that.

>Do you literally measure every model in a unit to make sure they're absolutely within that 1 inch coherency?
2", but, yes, at the very least I used to do that in 40k. Template spam is a thing and can fuck you hard.

Isn't the whole point of the imperial system that it's easier to eyeball distances? Friendly reminder that an inch is about the width of your thumb as well...

Yes, I would like consolidating. I mentioned it in my original post.

No I'm not fishing for (you)'s and I'm not shit posting.

It's like you guys are shell shocked from all the 40k players coming in here shitting on this game or something. You guys think everyone is trolling or out to get you. Calm down folks.

It's 1" in AoS. Page 166 of the GHB (not sure if they updated the rules in the GHB compared to the free rules).

>It's like you guys are shell-shocked
We kinda are. Every thread, like clockwork, we have some asshat barge in and demand this game be more like WHFB or, as of recently, 40k.
Here's the thing, despite all the quibbling most of us are fine with the way AoS is, bar some minor shit or point values.

hey guys i got spire of daw for my birthday. this is my first aos set so i was wondering what units to add for rats and elves

If you add a Warp Lighting Cannon to the Skaven set its precisely 1000 points. And I would try to get 10 more Spireguard, to round that force up to 980 points. Two nice forces to play matched games with.

Would be nice if some people here could dial down on their victim complex. This is Veeky Forums, trolling and such is part of the culture.

i feel you man. i dont know why people constantly try to compare it with 40k.

mega.nz/#!LogA2KJL!Xrejp3mSGsKIT36v6xbwueYU98UUV-FjRM5FtwIF7oQ

White Dwarf February, enjoy!

AoS has already many "area" effects, that for some reason weren't used for Skaven flamers.

See both of Drycha shooting attacks, the breath of the stardrake, the spell of the Gaunt Summoner, the breath of the three variants of dracoth, the scepter of the Celestant Prime.

Thanks!

Ok guys as dwarf player with 1000 pt how can i beat Sylvaneth with 3 forests, 2x driad, 2 x Kurnoth Hunters ,Branchwych, Treelord Ancient, cuz i got crushed 2 times

Why not Flesh eater courts, do you have the models already? Could be a really cool conversion army if you do a race of horrible bug people

concussors and fulminators, point for point, soak damage and put out damage at an efficiency so high that it blows almost everything else in the game out of the water by comparison.

that list would be fine

in b4 but dice are random
in b4 in a vacuum is meaningless

>Ok guys as dwarf player with 1000 pt how can i beat Sylvaneth with 3 forests, 2x driad, 2 x Kurnoth Hunters ,Branchwych, Treelord Ancient, cuz i got crushed 2 times

as a dwarf player you can drive to your local game store and buy a new stormcast army in order to beat sylvaneth. That is probably your best, if not only, option.

Because a lot of those units have the breath weapon as a second or tertiary option. This is literally the only thing a Warpfire Flamethrower does, plus it's attached to a very fragile body.

Stormfiends and Boneripper are a different story but do take in mind that those are expensive units.

That said, I do think the WLC and Stormfiends could have some more engaging misfire/randomness options. Alongside a point reduction as well, since the WLC is already expensive enough for a Large Warmachine that can only deal a maximum of 6 wounds a turn.

For the WLC they could add a rule where if you roll a 1 for the 'strength' test you suffer an X amount of wounds or something along those lines.

Will you stop posting this if you get on the bingo?

Combing through the stuff, there are some nice new material.

Nurgle tome and GUO when?

[Never]

Hm I might paint my citadel wood with that green colour scheme. Will that look very out of place next to a Garden of Morr?

Hows this for a starting mortal nurgle army? Wasn't 100% sure which weapon to take with my knights.

NOTE: I edited the godamn image this time

Well, Kurnoth are also up there.

Also Vulkyte berserkers

Sorry, that should say mortal nurgle allegiance

In contrast, heres my idea for my nurgle daemons 1K (I didn't just take a pic of my screen this time)

Speaking of the devil, has anyone read the lore of those buggers? Apparently they are "fleshing" the setting of theirs and wondered what kind of shitty fanfictions they were making (without exposing myself to them).

This is a good idea.

Considering that the eldar just got BUFFED, I'm not shocked

My predictions for GHB 2:

It is too difficult to justify running anything but hard hitting power units because they rarely get value. Large offensive powerhouse units like Thundertusk, Necrosphinx, Celestial Hurricanum, Necropolis Knights, and Stormfiends are the default units to put in your list and everything else is there to support them. It seems like most games are resolved by smashing into the enemy with a large unit at the right moment (or denying your opponent the chance to do the same).

I foresee a trend of increasing the cost of MOST behemoths and by 10-20%, possibly more. I also see them cutting the cost of most basic infantry (ie: infantry that gets stronger as the unitgets larger) by 10-20 points per min size. With these changes you will see more infantry-based armies, which in turn makes counter-infantry units (Drycha, Stegadon, etc.)more valuable, which will in turn make high mobility/teleport units more valuable, and so on. The ultimate result would be larger variation in list building and a more diverse and enjoyablemeta game, especially for people that can't afford those crazy expensive monsters.

The last thing I see them doing is cutting the cost of many battalions by 33-50%. Battalions should be more plentiful because it's fun to use a themed list and build within restrictions, but many factions - likeSeraphon -have battalions that cost way more points than they are worth using.

I would like to see a look-out-sir rule implemented. I like that heroes can't join units, but I want units to offer some protection to heroes. Because hero sniping is a thing, and it's about the only unfun result of this game. I'd like just about everything else to remain as-is though.

after reading this i see i can use leadbelchers as battleline for gutbusters and then still take the grand allegiance of destruction special rule.
tga.community/forums/topic/2580-ironjawz-and-destruction-allegiance-how-does-this-work/

in this case. would i even get bulls? or just take all leadbelchers and ironguts with some gnoblars.

Is like those points to be true. Hell, it's actually kinda difficult for some armies to maximize the unit buffs of standard Battleline when they're actually relatively expensive. Hard to fit them plus the "elite" units, while maintaining the Battleline minimum.

Indifferent about Battalion cost cuts, however.

I certainly hope battalions don't cut costs. Them costing what they do make bringing one a tactical decision over a blatantly obvious one, which is how it should be. Halving their costs nearly puts them on the level of 40k retardation.