The latest character you played has just found the Scroll of Genocide. If you write a creature or race name into it...

The latest character you played has just found the Scroll of Genocide. If you write a creature or race name into it, every single creature/member of that race immediately falls dead, their souls/essence irrevocably shattered.

Aside from its destructive power, it is a normal scroll, and thus it can be easily burned, or spell formula marred by water.

It is possible to understand the formula, but the eldritch nature of the spell actively resists all attempt to study it, and failure means death - not only to you, but to every single creature of your species.

What does your character do with it?

Hard mode: don't mention elves or kender in your post

Anything but make an overrated anime series about becoming God by killing people.

The scroll is one-time use only, so you won't be able to go this far.

Block off the doors to the room with boulders, dip the scroll in cursed water, strip down, and reverse genocide nurses to boost my max HP prior to my ascension run.
Then high-five my DM, 'cause we're operating on the same level.

Does it apply to specific divine beings? If so, Rovagug.

There are some things that even a Redemption focused Inquisitor of Sarenrae can't redeem, and a being of pure destruction and nihilism is one of them. Besides, about we shook up the setting a bit.

Destroy it.

When I wrote "Good" on my character sheet, I meant it.

He writes "Your mother"

OUT OF MY WAY FAGGOTS!!

Full-blooded demons. NOT tieflings, NOT demon-blooded sorcerers, DEMONS.
>Inb4 But what about all the good demons?
Creatures literally made out of Evil can't be good.

Last character I played was my D&D one. So it would be any race/creatures that are inherently evil. IE Aberrants (we're playing Eberron) are inherently evil, so they'd go on the list. Afterwards I'd probably burn the scroll to prevent others from using it.

If it's one use only, then Aberrants as they are the greatest threat in our current campaign. I don't think there is any greater evils outside of maybe literal gods.

You realize you've also killed off several species of bird with this, right?

Mosquitoes.

Yeah, and?

Writes "Tyranid"

Then burns the scroll.

This. It's just bait for a moral dilemma anyway, so it's better to just burn it to ash.

Destroy it. It's evil and way too risky to use.

>It is possible to understand the formula, but the eldritch nature of the spell actively resists all attempt to study it, and failure means death - not only to you, but to every single creature of your species.
That's kind of overkill. I could understand it having a failsafe that kills the person who tries to copy it, but also killing off their entire race? That's like using a nuke to kill a single fly.

It sounds right for a scroll of genocide

How many nukes can you think of that have options other than:
- Nuke goes off
- Nuke doesn't go off

This is a scroll of genocide. I doubt it's magic can affect the world with anything other than genocide.

>Chaos

CHIHUAHUA

"Everyone"

And lo, for he did write, "OP"

Elves.

Mosquitos are the worlds number one pollinator

I can't decide between killing off trap lovers or futafags.

My current character would have said minotaurs almost any other time in his life, but he's gotten over that now. Time can make wounds deeper, or it can make things irrelevant. He's seen too much over the years of war and just wants the world to be saved to be over so he can stop dying every few months and go live peaceful somewhere far away. Maybe commune with his deity, raise his child, get away from the chaos of the world. The only things he could eliminate that would actually help the war are already undead, so the scroll is worthless. After staring at the scroll for a few moments, he would drop it in the sea and watch it disintegrate.

They're also responsible for the spread of malaria and are the leading cause of death by animal.

>"Just as the scroll is about to hit the water, a scaly hand shoots out from it and snatches the scroll. It looks like the fishmen just stole it."
>"YOINK"
How does you character react?

Crying rage, probably. The Yoinks were a fine and respectable people. Why, his best childhood friend was a Yoink.

I use divination magic to find who created the scroll, burn it, and make it my quest to beat up that wizard.

Funnily enough: there's a bunch of mosquitos that literally have no ecological niche, eradicating them would actually hurt no other species, they're basically smallpox in bug form.

According to OP the scroll's ruined by water, so I'd just go "Aww, stupid fish man!"

Jews

As a Librarian first and a Wizard second I would attempt to copy

Rolled 1 (1d3)

A hard choice.
Tanar'ri, mindflayers, or aboleths, hmm...
Let the God decide.

goodbye abyssals

As a result, the Orks kill everything by spiralling out of Octavius unopposed and the Tau don't get destroyed for a few more years.
Just write down Eldar, it is for the best.

Dwarves. Nazi necromancer hates dwarves.

I got this... I write "Everyone".

>CHIHUAHUA
>Jews

Be aware we don't know the BUC state of the scroll. if it's cursed, you'll be surrounded by a whole bunch of whatever you tried to genocide. If it's blessed, then you'll not just genocide the specific thing you asked for, but everything in its class. Which means all dogs for the first guy, and all homo sapiens for the second.
Scrolls of genocide are dangerous.

My Paladin would be seriously tempted to write down Gnomes, because they are evil fuckers. But, being a Paladin worshipping the god of balance, he'd destroy it in the end.

My Wizard would try to study it regardless, and damn the consequences.

My Black Crusade Chosen would write down Eldar, cause we need to get onto a heavily guarded world to steal Ynnead.

Orks, Tau, Tyranids, Eldar etc etc etc.

>homo sapiens
>jews

what are you babbling about?

Sell it to the highest bidder

What happens if you write something like "assholes", or "jerks"?

>literally have no ecological niche
All blood-sucking mosquitoes fill the "blood-sucking mosquito" niche.

>What does your character do with it?

Copy it for as many sentient races that exist. Start with my least favorite, end with my own race.

Chechens

c If the scrolls uncursed, you wipe out assholes or jerks. If it's blessed, you wipe out the whole class, ie humans in general. If it's cursed, a bunch of new assholes will appear nearby to beset you.

>Your, the reader's, mom

Instant artifact of doom

Seriously? Burn that thing. My character is Good, this shit has no place in the world.

He writes his own name and waits.

WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS STUPID BULLSHIT, FUCK WRITING, I STAMP ON IT AND
EAT IT

Hey, Dwarves aren't mindflayers, but they're both an "h" so you gotta be careful if you're a dwarf. So even if you're certain Jews are reptiloids from space, they're still an @, which means a blessed scroll will hit all @s.

Tau seem like the best option. Relatively large pain in humanity's ass, and not needed as a balance against anything else.

>Creatures literally made out of Evil can't be good.
This guy gets it.

Ronnie go home, you're drunk.

Would a Druid who used this to kill a race that is hurting nature be evil or good?

I mean genocide is bad but it's for a good cause

Scrolls of Genocide of unknow BUC can be dangerous. Better take it to an altar first.
Emergency genocides are one hell of a panic button, so my last character (a lawful netural psionic with a historic of questionable choices) would probably store it for when needed.
Maybe try to bless it. Or reverse genecide something useful.
Assuming that the scroll works like it does in nethack

>You successfully killed off mosquitoes
>Massive population explosion in Africa leads to famine
>experience loss from alignment change

Depends on who or what a druid actually serves. Does he want to perpetuate stable ecosystems? Then this is a definite option.

But a naive "Friend to All Living Things" type (which I think is a retarded approach to druids and druidry) probably won't, nor would the fallacious "Balance In All Things, For Balance's Sake" bastard type (you know, the kind that will switch sides in the middle of combat because of muh balance, having no further objectives or ambitions).

Undead. Send their souls to their rightful destinations and give them the rest they deserve.

Fiends

Fuck yeah guess who just won the multiversal war of good versus evil.

>Massive population explosion in Africa

/pol/ sends its greetings

Great, now evil elder beings just come rocking up.

We were going to have to deal with them anyway.

Unrelated, but spooky space tentacles and demons should be in the same category if they coexist at all.

I'd write bedbugs.

If my half-orc found it he'd be tempted to write elves but his BFF is a half-elf.

Human warlock, he'd try to see if writing demons would work. If it fails burn it.

polymorph myself
write @

The fuck?

He writes gnomes

Man hates the midgets

burn it cause I'm not an edge-lord and neither is my character

He takes some religious knowledge checks to find out if writing demons or devils is viable and if it wouldn't make the entire cosmos shit a brick.
Because if he can destroy the manifestations of Evil with a single word he's fucking going to. If not, he burns the thing for being both bloody terrifying and far too dangerous in the wrong hands.
He then makes it his mission to track down the original creator of the scroll to ensure there aren't more of the things lying around.

How can i even get lower than evil?

/pol/tards, for the irony.

>Last character I played in a game
Trolls, they kidnapped her sister and she was already setting every troll nest on fire in Her kingdom. Considering they were one of the worst problems the country had it would be a no brainer
>Last character in a game I ran
Gods, Nigga was chaotic and would want to see what would happen

>Famine brought to Africa
>Water becomes wet and the sky turns blue

Taking a ride on Charon's boat, shall we?

Criminally underrated.

So write Plasmodium, nub nuts.

>Assholes
Everyone shits themselves forever.

>Not just writing Xenos

She would be very tempted to write N'wah, but they happen to be useful as slaves and some of her more recent retainers have proven competent. In addition, even if she can't tell the difference, N'wah aren't all technically the same race.
She would shrug and flip a coin between Argonians and Vampires.

After some hesitancy considering destroying such a deadly spell, it is rolled up and tucked into the sleeve of my robe, to be brought back to my hut in the woods, where i keep all powerful magic items I find, in a sort of "Dragon Hoard/ Protect people from themselves" kind of way

"All Gods"
Time for a brave new world free of divine meddling.

"Everything has a right to live and a right to die, it is not my place to decide one or the other for everyone. EVEN THOUGH EVERYONE SHOULD CHOOSE THE LATTER" -takes it to a fire pit and gives it a respectful burning-

Flumphs
Fuck those guys

My current character could never live with being responsible for the deaths of countless thousands of people.

He'd tuck it into his pack and either turn it into the realm's god for a reward, or keep it around... just in case. Y'know, if he needs it.

owlbear

Magic-User

Not the hero we deserve, but the hero we need

Whatever this guy's race is. Flumphs are beautiful, fuck you user.

>Vampires.

The Technocratic Union will be most pleased to find out about this grand victory against some of the world's most prolific Reality Deviants.

Now I just have to ensure they never find out it was me who did it.
Because using such deviancy myself? Hooo boy.
Not good for my career prospects.

Would you be able to take out every species, though? Or just one?

Write Charlie on the scroll.
If that doesn't work, try and erase it and write Nixon. If that doesnt work. Just get angry, write, in this order:

Whitey.
Viet Cong
the LT.
Fuck you
Fuck your mother
Vietnam.
Small Titties

Get bored.

Ball up

Throw in a River.

Fuck this shit man.

I like this one

same.

>their souls/essence irrevocably shattered
This is why you read your incredibly powerful magical items included instruction manuals.
Congratulations, you just destroyed their souls! Every single one! You'll be receiving plenty of godly attention now.

Good mortal!

>Devils proceed to conquer everything