Warmachine/Hordes General Thread

Deryliss actually just got buffed Edition.

Mk3 list building: conflictchamber.com

Warmahords chat: discord.gg/KmXzbwD

Warmachine/Hordes Books, No Quarter, & IKRPG
textuploader com / da46m
PP Youtube (gameplay tutorials, tournament coverage, and announcements)
youtube.com/user/PrivateerPressPrime

Latest Errata (the actual January one):
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/WMH-Errata-January-2017-2.pdf

Theme Forces:
files.privateerpress.com/op/errata/Theme Forces.pdf

Steamroller Rules
privateerpress.com/organized-play/steamroller-tournaments

The Giant List of Podcasts and Blogs
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?76379-Warmachine-Hordes-related-blogs-websites-and-forums

Table of contents for all NQ issues
privateerpressforums.com/showthread.php?4313-Table-Of-Contents-For-All-No-Quarter-Issues

Lexicanum Iron Kingdoms Fluff wiki:
warmachine.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

MK3 RULES:
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Prime.pdf
files.privateerpress.com/allnewwar/Primal.pdf
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE&usp=drive_web

Warmachine/Hordes Army Creator (WHAC) .apk
charbon-et-charentaise.org/blog/content/app-release.apk

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/06/2016-wtc-list-statistics/
>WTC List Statistics

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/2016-wtc-objectives-chosen/
>WTC Objectives Statistics

wmhwtc.wordpress.com/2016/09/07/wtc-2016-lists-and-datafile/
>WTC Lists

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE?usp=drive_web
conflictchamber.com/#b21bfZgSeV222_2W3j3G3Hgi3z3t
conflictchamber.com/#b41b111s1s331p1p2B2B2n2n2n2o2o2o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for ding dong the witch is dead.

JUSTICE FOR CRY-oh wait, we got buffed

Played Amon for the first time last night against the Twins. Lost the Covenant and a Dervish while nearly tabked him (he only had Blight Blades, a Raptor, Anyssa, and a Forsaken left). Problem now is I'm trying to find a pairing for him. My friends suggested I try out all of Menoth's best casters at tournaments over the coming months and checking to see what clicks and what doesn't. I also talked to my friend who plays Vyros2 and he said that I'd need to have an answer for Haley2. Are there any other casters I really need to be worried about?

Official Skorne warlock tier list. All of this is in lieu of how Skorne is an uphill fight versus Warmachine and flat out cannot beat Menoth now.

>Competitive tier
Xerxis1
Makeda1
Rasheth
Zaadesh2

>Good tier
Makeda2
Makeda3

>Mid tier
Morghoul1
Morghoul2
Hexeris1
Xerxis2

>Low tier
Naaresh
Zaal1
Zaal2
Xekaar
Hexeris2

>Trash tier
Mordikaar

Amon doesn't need a pairing. The only reason people paired him with anyone before was High Reclaimer was the only way you could beat Una2, but now that the wicked witch is dead, there's nothing left that Amon can't beat. Even Haley2 isn't really a threat to you. Amon can't be assassinated in the first place so now you just ram Dervishes up your opponent's asshole until he vomits Wracks.

I am currently looking at a Sevvy1 gunline to pair with Amon, with this the iteration I'm looking at next (I've recently played this list with Blessing of Vengeance instead of a Redeemer and two Wracks).

Still investigating other lists, though, the Eye of Truth shakes up Protectorate list design a lot and I'm still working through how it impacts other casters. My current thinking is he raises Sevvy1's stock a lot, both by his blessed bubble and being able to stack Vision and Oracular Vision, pushing Sevvy1 up to one of the top Protectorate casters.

Still working through EoT ramifications, I may pick something else.

>Can't be assassinated.
Don't listen to this plebeian.
You need a paring to counter WM infantry spam.
The infraction example is a Kreoss2 KE spam list

The only reason anyone ever spamming infantry like Rocketeers before was to try and deal with Una2. A single Dervish can take out half a unit and tie up the other half into irrelevance. A Castigator can blow a unit away.

That list covers a WM list pretty well. You might want to look at Sevy2 he's generally considered better.

>Spacing your infantry so a single jack with reach 1 can kill all of them.
user please
Kreoss 1 shits on Amon but no one runs Kreoss 1, I was helping the local menoth "pro" I took Kreoss1 pop and drop gun line and just killed the dervishes first. Poped feat to open up LOS on Amon and shot him to death.

Different user here, but you're aware the Dervish has Side Step, right?

Amon has steady.

You shoot the dervish's first before the feat, you use the feat to knock down the heavies blocking LOS on Amon.

I was responding to the infantry spacing comment in particular.

>You shoot the dervish's first before the feat
12 to hit.
>you use the feat to knock down the heavies blocking LOS on Amon
15 to hit, you need a 1 on deviation distance to clip him, if there's a Vigilant B2B you can't splash him.

If you're suggesting a single caster out of the 100+ in the game is the counter to Amon, then all you're really doing is acknowledging that Amon is grossly overpowered.

You may want to give Sevy2 a look. He plays a very attrition-y gunline that can deal with a lot of the control and scenario casters that can give Amon trouble. Buddy of mine was having some success with that pair.

Honestly though, Amon doesn't really play that much like anything else in PoM, so you're likely to cover a good portion of the field almost by accident.

OK, trolly troll man. Whatever, sure, Amon is the Chuck Norris of warmachine.

>Amon can't be assassinated in the first place
If anybody's interested in actually playing Amon, you should be aware that getting assassinated is his primary loss condition. He is a good caster now, a very good one, and he's more resilient than he was in Mk2, but he's not invincible. ARM 14 and hanging out within 12" of the front line is always the Danger Zone.

Amon is not within 12" of the front line. Synergy doesn't work the same way Carnage works. Carnage needs to clip the enemy model, Synergy only needs to clip YOUR model. So if Crusaders are what's going in, Amon is 15" away from the front line. There are entire factions out there that don't have a single conceivable list that can hold a candle to Amon, and you think he doesn't deserve a nerf?

DEF 16 and immunities to backstrikes, combined attacks and knockdown make him harder to kill than it would appear.

Found that out the hard way when I played Old Witch against him and turning off cheese wins like Field Gun + Rockets as an assassination option is total ass too.

Where can I find some good battle reports with Amon? Couldn't find much in the official forum and only see Cygnar blogs for some raisin

And if it's done right, he's behind a Vigilant (and probably also a Devout), too.

It's just one example
Considering PoM hasn't won a single tournament their is obviously more than one counter you mong.

You don't need AoE's. Boost to Hit and Damage on a reckoner

Doesn't help him much when everything else is knocked down and he's standing with his balls in the wind.

>balls in the wind
>amon
You mean his glorious nipples man. No nipples, no Amon

Pre-Eye of Truth, yeah, Sevvy2 is better. With EoT, though, I think they're on the same level.

Maybe I should just give in and run *this* gunline, though.

What are Amon-"counters"?

Infantry Spam? Butcher3? Jackspam with clouds?

This gets down to terrain layout.

If you can get him in cover, you need Sloan-level shooting to kill him. The aforementioned Kreoss1 then is either trying to kill him with a couple of boosted shots (needing 15 on three dice to hit, about a 9% chance), as even with Flare, you need RAT 7 to hit on anything less than boxcars unboosted.

Amon of the ARM 14 nipples.

The first time I played against Amon, he stood on a hill the entire game and just couldn't do anything about it. Shooting a DEF 18 model with immunity to combines was pointless.

btw, why do some many people insist that he dies to every blast? You guys realize that even Behemoth only does an average of 3 damage per AOE, right? ARM 14 is perfectly servicable to take blasts, unless you mortared or burned.

Thats the funny thing about High Allegiant Amon.

His gameplan is to make warjacks do more damage and dive deep easier. This means his plan doesn't actually have a failure state. Its sorta like fighting Karkhev. What counters lots of Warjacks with +3 to hit and damage? If you brick, he carves up your brick, if you spread out he runs down the important parts and carves those.

The actual way to fight Amon is Assassination. Anything that murders a squirrly solo will seriously fuck Amon's day up. Yeah hes tough, but his armor blows and his HP is okay. The trick is that he can't be knocked down, meaning you need guys with elite to-hit stats, albiet not exceptional damage. Seriously, even blast damage can stick to him. Hes not durable.

Alternatively, anything that ends upkeeps WILL piss him off. It might not beat him alone, but can screw up his player enough to make an opening.

Amon doesn't do anything for infantry/solo/calvary but he can make warjacks dance. Kill the DJ, stop the dance.

Because he can't boost his own armor. And a pow 14 blast weapon, nailing him for 7 pow +2d6 can very easily tag Amon, and if boosted, 7+3d6 has the capacity to be a real problem for him.

Im not saying 1 blast will kill him, but he does go down to damage. If something hits him it is more likely to damage him than other warcasters of his type. imho.

No but seriously a Vigilant gives him Girded and means only pop and drop feats like Kreoss1 or Barbabas can stop him being DEF20.

From experience playing Amon with 7-9 heavies since the start of Mk3:

- Harkevich Kodiak spam works. Clouds reduce Amon's threat range, and if the Kodiaks hit Amon's line, they CA: Grab & Smash and throw the jacks backward, cloud, and reposition back. Doesn't matter that it only averages ~7 damage to a Crusader, it throws it back 6" and then the Kodiak drops a cloud and repos out of sight and walk range, then Harkevich wins on scenario.

- Haley2 has game, but she has game against everyone. Sloan is an interesting game, but I've only played it once; it's an odd dance between Passage vs. losing the wrong jack means Amon just fucking dies.

- Troll infantry spam works. Everyone else? Not so much. The problem with infantry spam is that you don't have enough models to block trample landing spots to 7+ SPD 6 pathfinder heavy warjacks that are effectively expendable, and even though you out-threat the jacks, you will have problems jamming yourself after the front two jacks in the wedge formation Enliven away.

- In general, the best solution is to plan to assassinate a DEF 16 ARM 14 steady caster that's probably going to be standing behind a couple of heavy warjacks. This is usually harder than it sounds. Boostable blast damage is probably the best all-around way to do it.

I'm somewhere around 25-4 with Amon. Exactly one of those losses is to someone *not* known nationally, and I don't consider myself a *great* player -- Amon is that good.

Only Siege can stop him from being DEF 20 behind a wall, and he can't stop rubble.

So you're going to start bringing one list purely to counter Amon? Now we're back to square one except it's Amon instead of Una2.

Original guy here. Thaks for the advice on what to look out for. My current list is mostly Dervishes with the idea of trading up with Synergy. I have something like 9 lights and 2 heavies in the list. Do you think having more heavies is better than having more lights?

So this is official now?

You don't necessarily have to have a pure Amon counter, but having a heavily assassination-focused list is helpful.

I think heavies are the way to go. This is my current list (although I'm going to try swapping three Crusaders for two Templars, though).

I like the heavies more because:

- Lights don't have Trample, and if you only have a couple of heavies, the other guy can block Trample lanes. It's basically impossible to stop Trample lanes for a wall of heavies marching up the field, and Synergy/Battle Tramples just murder anything on a small base.

- Everything in the list can end a Synergy chain with four PS 23 (or 22 for the Templar) attacks. Having a significant set of your chain maxing out at PS 18 *buyable* attacks leaves you more vulnerable to armor stacking.

- While lights have more boxes per point spent, the ARM difference can matter a lot; POW 10s can contribute against Dervishes but Crusaders (or especially Templars) they're wasted. The core strength of a skew list is that it renders parts of the other guy's list useless, and exposing all ARM 19+ does that much better than having ARM 16 targets.

- More boxes and more ARM per model makes it more likely that your jacks will survive with a few boxes left after the other guy has invested resources into killing it. Even without a cortex a jack can both start Synergy chains and benefit from them. This is really one of the key elements of the choice for heavies; outside of trading a (probably substantially more expensive) heavy to kill a Crusader, the other guy has to commit more in a small space to kill a heavy, and then your second wave murders it. It also improves the value of Enliven, because if they're devoting charging infantry (which they have to devote several), you can Enliven after the whole unit's movement is committed.

- Heavies make it easier to build spell- or shooting-immune walls with Choir.

Lights don't have trample, and Crusaders don't have the MAT to trample. Better to bring Dervishes just to begin the Synergy if nothing else.

>MAT 9 isn't enough to Trample

So anyone have pdfs of the new forces book?

So you're using Crusaders to start Synergy instead of a cheaper, higher MAT warjack? And no Vigilant to protect Amon?

Does Magnetic Hold shut down sidestep?

I've got 9 heavies, yeah I use heavies to start the chain. The Dervish is only one MAT higher, and boosting exists. In the 30ish games I've played with Amon, starting the chain has never been a problem.

We play on tables with terrain set up how the rulebook actually says, so there's usually some place to get cover or at least concealment. If we played on salt plains like a lot of folks seem to, I'd fit a Vigilant in.

Because I couldn't find it in the pastie and had been looking for it again, I figure some others might appreciate this too:

Mk 3 faction deck leaks (minus trolls)

drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/0B5OHGgAx7q66NUdvUFp3LWVQRlE?usp=drive_web

>Mortenebra is made even more of a ranged helljack caster
>all ranged helljacks are bad

???

So, any tips in mk3 for running karchev? I assume he's still a decent enough Jackspam caster right?

>Take nothing but Marauders
>Run forward
>Feat
>profit

This. If you have a spell or feat that gives your entire battlegroup some kind of big bonus, just spam it senpai.

What's the khador caster tier list?

Working on this atm

conflictchamber.com/#b21bfZgSeV222_2W3j3G3Hgi3z3t

Protectorate Army - 75 / 75 points

(Malekus 1) Malekus, the Burning Truth [+30]
- Eye of Truth [20]
- Hand of Judgment [18]
- Reckoner [16]
Choir of Menoth (min) [4]
Deliverer Sunburst Crew [5]
Visgoth Juviah Rhoven & Honor Guard [9]
Idrian Skirmishers (max) [15]
- Idrian Skirmisher Chieftain & Guide [5]
Thorn Gun Mages [9]
Vassal of Menoth [3]
Vassal Mechanik [1]

Nah, it's just BS.

You probably want more firey guns than that. Eye of Truth gun is also only range 8, so it's not great for feat turn. Hand of Judgment is similiar with only range 10 on the spray

Mordikaar is without a doubt the worst caster in Skorne right now though, and one of the worst in the game. He doesn't support infantry, he doesn't support beasts, his feat doesn't keep his battlegroup alive like it did in Mk2, Revive got strictly nerfed. Dude's just shit. If you're against lots of living/undead infantry that doesn't have tough or self sacrifice then sure he's okay. But that's the Mk2 Hexxy1 problem of just being too niche. And as for the top 4 casters in that list, I assure you, those are the only casters being used competitively.

I could take a book to let the idrians set stuff on fire with guns I guess? Ideally I'd use zealots but I don't have any

Between the gun mages, sunburst, and Jacks I have a fair bit of fire guns though.

And I assure you that I'm won't cum in your mouth. You just can't rile up the skorneys anymore, user.

It should if I'm remembering the text correctly

Does CoM still grant units fire?

I disagree. There are several things in the errata that puts Mordikaar on the map, the best being every single high def model in Skorne got buffed. Legends are nearly impossible to kill on the feat turn, Archidons are similar and get ghostly from his spell, and all the Bloodrunner models got buffed so that they can actually dent things that aren't single wound infantry. You can even run Cetratii again with him, as Set Defense and innate Tough and Steady actually is a really good attrition piece that isn't obscenely expensive to get now.

I don't think he's amazing, but he provides an attrition list that can't be duplicated anywhere else in the faction.

>he provides an attrition list that can't be duplicated anywhere else in the faction
If you don't want warriors to die on feat turn, honestly just bring Makeda1. This also gives you access to Molik Karn. Her feat is fucking retarded honestly. Note how it says friendly models, not friendly faction. A Bellows Crew in a charge lane becomes an impossible task.

The book gives them continuous fire. So the initial damage isn't boosted but the fire check is.

Attempt at jack heavy with Nemo1.
Thunderhead+Reliant could be 2xIronclad+sentinel for shield guard I guess?

Why not bring stuff that inherently has fire damage? Like another Reckoner and maybe some cleansers

Look, the user doesn't even know Zaal2 exists. Don't waste pixels.

I'm going to counter this based on my personal experience.

>Top Tier (Top 3)
Rasheth - Assassin/Control/Attrition. Rasheth now brings all three traits required for a top tier caster.
Makeda1 - Amazing attrition and assassination caster. Can choose to grind out games or close them out of nowhere with a Jackhammer warbeast. Crazy diverse list variation since her feat isn't FF restricted.
Makeda2 - Mak2 2Ferox was the only Skorne list that was considered good pre-Errata. Now the list is cheaper, and she has a lot more options for alt list variants.

>Good Tier
Xerxis1 - The quintessential brick caster. All in on attrition, but Lurch actually puts assassination on the table now.
Xerxis2 - Very fast alpha caster. He will hit first, and he will hit hard enough that your opponent will struggle to recover.
Zaadesh2 - One of the best beast brick casters in the game. Very low threat ranges, but protects battlegroup from alphas extremely well.
Morghoul2 - Assassination enabler and control caster.
Zaal2 - Attrition heavy infantry list with some assassination potential.
Zaal1 - Exactly the same as he was in Mk2, except now Swordsmen can be weaponmasters. Gunlines keep him down for now.

>Average Tier
Mordikaar - Attrition caster that probably is planning on clocking you out. Archidons with Ghostly for days.
Naaresh - A good brick caster, but outclassed by Zaadesh and Xerxis.
Morghoul1 - A strong beast caster that hits very hard and fast, but is limited by a tiny control range.
Hexeris1 - A lot better, but is still outclassed by Rasheth and fills a niche nobody wants.

>Low Tier
Makeda3 - Does very little. Most of her kit requires her to be close, and that your opponent is relying on lots of important infantry. Got even worse now that GW doesn't affect huge bases anymore.
Hexy2 - 'Wow, it's fucking nothing' the caster. Play this guy if you want a shitty Sevvy1.
Xekaar - Has potential, but there is no reason to take him right now over Rasheth or Morghoul2.

Cleansers cost a ridiculous amount of money for a unit. I plan to get zealots eventually.

I disagree with a lot of this. Possibly the biggest change to Skorne in the January errata was Swordsmen gaining weaponmaster. Finally having a small based cheap way of dealing with heavies puts a LOT more value on things that can deliver them. This is why Makeda1 is so fucking retarded now, but it's worth noting that Naaresh's Blur spell basically makes Swordsmen unshootable. I think the Field Marshal is very underrated too since Skorne has a very easy way to put a single point of damage on beasts on turn 1 with Beast Handlers. Free charges are nice, but B2B is a bigger restriction than you're giving it credit for. Also Pain Response on a Mammoth is sweet.

I don't see why you think Zaal2 is an assassination caster though. Hexeris2 can easily throw 4 nukes into a caster's back arc. Also Hexxy2 has Black Spot and Hellfire why the dicks do you rate him so low?

>Xekaar - Has potential, but there is no reason to take him right now over Rasheth or Morghoul2.

He likely does the most to protect a huge base model of any caster in the faction.

Bonus points for the Hydra, where your opponent has to choose to walk into the feat and shoot or not shoot at all.

This is a LOT better, though I'd rate Hexy2 and maybe Zaadesh2 a bit higher.

I wouldn't run him in theme. He doesn't need Jakes and he really needs the TAC.

>Possibly the biggest change to Skorne in the January errata was Swordsmen gaining weaponmaster.

I made no mention about what was the biggest change in the errata, and never suggested that Swordsmen getting Power Swell wasn't great for them. I had to keep all of the summaries of the casters short to keep within the character limit.

> Naaresh's Blur spell basically makes Swordsmen unshootable

I don't agree that they're unshootable as ARM 14 isn't invulnerable to blast damage and DEF 16 isn't so untouchable with how accurate guns can be. I think it is a power spell on them, but Swordsmen delivery is also done by other casters. I don't think Naaresh is bad, I will defend him, my opinion of him is just that others in the faction just do it better, which is why he's average. The majority of the casters in the faction are good, but some are just going to be better than others if you're directly comparing them all.

>I don't see why you think Zaal2 is an assassination caster

I say "assassination potential" because there's definitely the option of Zaal2 plugging the enemy caster with 6+ boosted Sunder Spirits or having a couple Immortals pop Incorp and walk over to the caster and then boost all of their attacks with Aura of Power. I wouldn't call him an assassin, but definitely has some game there.

>Also Hexxy2 has Black Spot and Hellfire why the dicks do you rate him so low?

Because he has the least effective feat in the faction and his speciality is clearing swarms of infantry, which wasn't relevant even in Mk2. Frankly Hexy2 just missed the bus. He was a great answer in early Mk2 but ever since high ARM and boxes became popular he just doesn't do anything.

>He likely does the most to protect a huge base model of any caster in the faction.

I somewhat disagree. Morghoul1 completely shuts down lights and heavies that come close to his gargantuan and Rasheth's feat is similar but the rest of his kit is just far superior to Xekaar.

>This is a LOT better, though I'd rate Hexy2 and maybe Zaadesh2 a bit higher.

I considered heavily about putting X1 and Zaadesh in the top tier as well, but I decided to be pretty strict with that category and keep it to only what I thought was the Top 3.

I'd put Xerxis1 in the top tier because of Swordsmen. It's one of those 1+1=3 combinations as on feat turn with Stir the Blood they're at PS14+5d6, and Defender's Ward helps them get across the table. I love me some Cetrati brick, but damn son Swordsmen with him are super threatening. 31.5 damage on a single small dude? Nigger what. I'd even be willing to throw a Krea into that, bringing your Swordsmen unit up to the same as Cetrati in points, but with insane damage.

>
I somewhat disagree. Morghoul1 completely shuts down lights and heavies that come close to his gargantuan and Rasheth's feat is similar but the rest of his kit is just far superior to Xekaar.

Morg1 doesn't deal with infantry, and yea, lot fewer lists, but stuff like HR show that infantry can absolutely remove a huge base from the table.

Rasheth sits around the same, sure, but he also wants to use his feat offensively, and doesn't really help as much with ranged attacks.

Remember that the Hydra is DEF12 under feat, and 14 with the Krea. For a huge base, that is surprisingly dodgable for a big body like his.

Under Xelkaar, a Hydra can tank your standard Haley2's entire list without dying, for example, and heal a shitload of that damage back next turn.

Hell, he can tank Amon, considering the dude's got to get to full synergy to even get back to his base POW against the Hydra.

Have you guys noticed that the updated cards have new artwork compared to the physical cards?

Yea at that point the list boils down to personal preference or experience. I do think X1 and Zaadesh are amazing casters each, but I stuck to my restriction and kept to it according to my personal experience. I haven't played X1 yet since the eratta, so my opinion could be in line with yours once I do.

I personally believe that once you bring a Hydra and a Krea, there's not much else you need to do to tell your opponent's guns to fuck off.

My main issue with Xekaar is that he's the weakest link of his list, and if you're not risking his life to take advantage of his spells then you're just playing a model with a feat. I think if Xekaar's character beast lets him channel spells through it then that would immediately make him a "Good" tier caster in my mind. It's pretty tough to be in competition with Rasheth, as he is just by and large the best in the faction.

I do agree with that, but he loves Marketh for that.

I also think ADR benefits this list style greatly, because you can tailor your support to your opponent.

Being able to swap the Krea in and out helps a lot, for example, same with Orin.

I also like Xelkaar because Reivers are huge with the Hydra, and Xel both helps them hit and damage with his spell list over multiple turns.

>as [Rasheth] is just by and large the best in the faction
>as [Rasheth] is just ... large
FAT SHAMING RRREEEEEEEEEEEEE

>I also think ADR benefits this list style greatly, because you can tailor your support to your opponent.

I would actually play Xekaar in ADR, but the other 3 casters either don't compliment him well or fulfill a similar role already. There's also the fact that standard Steamroller events do not have ADR active for them.

>Being able to swap the Krea in and out helps a lot, for example, same with Orin.

>I also like Xelkaar because Reivers are huge with the Hydra, and Xel both helps them hit and damage with his spell list over multiple turns.

Unfortunately this is where I believe that other casters just do it better. I think Xekaar is close to being very good, and again I have high hopes for his character heavy to put him back in the mix.

I'm now very glad that I didn't have to include (pun intended) in that sentence.

Considering PP have given everyone nuts character nouns so far, I can see the Skorne one being complete trash that needs its bond to even be remotely playable.

Mord pairs well with him, I think.

Mord might not have a damage buff, but he delivers Swordsmen super well, and he makes Cats pretty damn frustrating to deal with(DEF16 steady possibly tough models that can benefit from Dodge can really get an opponent to over commit, for example) While also being able to switch into a decent ranged game or possible assassination. He also drops decently well into HR, as denying him souls makes Reclaimer very, very sad.

>The numerous problems with Mordikaar
1) He doesn't support ANYTHING, and Skorne stuff NEEDS support
2) He has nothing to do with all of his fury
3) He has no assassination game
4) Zaal2 does HR denial better as Zaal2 actually has spells on his card
5) Void Spirits rarely get to go off
6) His feat got considerably weaker when titans lost 2 DEF

I am not playing another game with Mordikaar until something drastic happens to him.

His feat got weaker with Titans.

It did not get weaker with DEF13 infantry.

And with how cheap Karax are, they make wonderful targets for Essence Blast.

And an Archidon with Long Leash flies pretty damn far with him, especially when it's totally immune to free strikes.

>He has no assassination game

Ghostly Archidons dude.

>6) His feat got considerably weaker when titans lost 2 DEF

ARCHIDONS DUDE

>Archidons dude
MAT6 PS15 one initial

>ARCHIDONS DUDE
MAT6 PS15 ONE INITIAL

If I wanted meme assassinations with Archidons I'd be playing Xerxis2.

>It did not get weaker with DEF13 infantry.
This is true, and Swordsmen are indeed much stronger now.
>with how cheap Karax are, they make wonderful targets for Essence Blast
I'd still much rather use Nihilators for this purpose.
>an Archidon with Long Leash flies pretty damn far with him, especially when it's totally immune to free strikes
Sure it's immune to free strikes, but it's not immune to being punched to death next turn.

Was this responding to something? Are you complaining that Morty got tuneup in her kit? Cause that is a beautiful thing on either of the crablossals. A tuned-up unicorn gun is probably also the best Overrun trigger ever.

Can't agree with this. Mordy's actually one of the few Skorne casters that was decent at the start of Mk3, and he's still got it. The newly-buffed Archidons are just dirty with free strike immunity, and they love the feat.

Plus he's still got those despoiler / void spirit shenanigans, which have maybe the longest potential threat range on any attack in the game. And essence blast... jesus, essence blast, that goddamn spell...

Nah, Mordikaar's got game. He's certainly better than Makeda3... wait, what? You put Makeda3 in the GOOD tier? Haha, holy crap, nevermind, man... you're talking completely out of your ass, apparently.

Awh fuck, the Theme nerf has screwed the Harkevich list I ordered and painted stuff for 4 days ago. : <

Khador Army - 75 / 75 points
Theme: Winter Guard Kommand

(Harkevich 1) Kommander Harkevich, The Iron Wolf [+28]
- Kodiak [13]
- Kodiak [13]
- Juggernaut [12]
- Juggernaut [12]
- Destroyer [14]
- Destroyer [14]
- Destroyer [14]
- War Dog [3]
Winter Guard Field Gun Crew [4]
Winter Guard Field Gun Crew [4]

How do I salvage this without buying new stuff? Replace the Juggers with Behemoth and the Dog with a Tinkerer?

I guess.

A: What is Mordikaars deal? How do you run him? In MK2 he was definitely an infantry caster but now that Revive isn't as useful and he can't give Ghostly to units, what is his thing?

Is he now just a spell spamming Beast caster? Nothing he does seemed particularly great until the new Archadons came out which, admittedly, are pretty sweet with him. Is his whole thing just being able to leverage Void Spirits and run beasts while ignoring Revive and soul gathering?

B: Makeda3 isn't bad. She is basically objectively better than her MK2 version and she wasn't bad then either. She just has a hard time fitting into pairings honestly. Still, I think she is kind of underrated because she isn't all that interesting.

Reminder that PP had a wage freeze and didn't pay bonuses last year.

Sell while you can

>Possibly the biggest change to Skorne in the January errata was Swordsmen gaining weaponmaster.
Ehhhh... bigger than beasts getting free charges again? Really? I mean, power swell is great for swordsmen, no doubt about that. Don't kid yourself though, it's not the same as WM. Everybody always says "oh, but it's the turn that counts!" but that's a half-truth. Weaponmaster might not be TWICE as valuable as power swell, but it's close.

Xerxis1 is very good.. but he's also very one-dimensional, which is I think what would make him not top tier.

>"Mordikaar is terrible" guy
It might not be apparent, especially if you played him in Mk2 (he's very different), but he's good. Ignore Revive, it's mostly a waste of time. Bring mostly all high DEF stuff, use Ghostly any way you can, and use that deep fury pool to abuse essence blast. Judicious use of EB can table some lists.

Oh, and remember the void spirits that Despoiler makes can activate. AND they only need to be within 5", he doesn't have to kill them himself. If you can run despoiler within 5" of a living enemy (and keep him in Mordikar's CTRL) you can make a void spirit. You can get those little fuckers anywhere... they're great at tearing up support models and can even threaten some casters.

He's also pretty damn good as a gunline caster.

He's got a nice gun himself, and being able to unjam themselves/move into weird spots lets his shooting beasts get some weird ass shots, stuff you wouldn't normally expect.

I'm working on that right now actually

A: Mordikaar's "deal" is a little bit of a mixed bag. In my experience, he wants a combined arms list. He doesn't really support infantry, but they support him, if that makes sense. Obv high DEF infantry love the feat, and it stacks with Krea if you need that... but he also needs things to be Hollow, and cheap Essence Blast targets. I don't think you can really go wrong with any of the infantry choices, but you probably want at least two units.

Beasts are similar. Despoiler's obvious, but after that just take beasts that work well together. The new Archidon is sweet, but you can easily do Cyclopses (or Molik), even Titans. They don't benefit much from the feat, but they can mostly stand on their own merits anyway. I really want to try a Hydra with him, but haven't had a chance yet.

The void spirits are a gimmick, but it's a damn good gimmick. The hardest thing is delivering them, once people realize what they do. Always bring two, and run them in behind your first wave of infantry. If you can get them into the opposing backfield eating up choir or something, they'll pay for themselves ten times over.

B: The rough thing with Makeda3 is that it's very hard to live the dream if your opponent doesn't play along. She's powerful entirely on one axis. Everything she does is at knife-fight range. She's basically Madrak2, but without the support functions. In a Skorne where everything sucks, that might be enough to rate, but now with a deep stable of good casters... it's just not enough.

conflictchamber.com/#b41b111s1s331p1p2B2B2n2n2n2o2o2o

Cryx Army - 75 / 75 points

(Mortenebra 1) Master Necrotech Mortenebra [+24]
- Deryliss
- Leviathan [16]
- Leviathan [16]
- Malice [15]
- Harrower [16]
- Harrower [16]
Warwitch Siren [4]
Warwitch Siren [4]
Necrotech [2]
Necrotech [2]
Necrotech [2]
Scrap Thrall [2]
Scrap Thrall [2]
Scrap Thrall [2]

Should I take three slayers instead of two harrowers?

Feoras warjack has the highest range flamethrower. I want to pick up malekus and i was looking at what would work well. Considered it.

Who Caine3 here?

Got my thorn gun mages today.

Why do they need swords? They have gunfighter.