Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

"Everything is going to be fine" edition
>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=vzbI2gfeg34

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 200% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Harlequin spiked the pieeeeeee! I think I got really hiiiiiigh! I just came to look! For a book! Now I'm bleeding rainbooooooooooows.)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8GcjWEO0O8I
dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/717304.page;jsessionid=3C48B1F9049CFACF3795E65607D6A5AE#9191082
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=8GcjWEO0O8I
>dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/717304.page;jsessionid=3C48B1F9049CFACF3795E65607D6A5AE#9191082
>“The time of their corpse-god is over,” says Wraithknight Soulseeker. Yvraine, with Iyanna at her side, speaks up then. “No, they must have a new leader,” she says. “If we can raise a new hero that reminds them of the glory of their past, they will follow him just as we cling to our myths.”

Ohhhhhhhhhh

Only the sergeant can take a combi-plasma though
And out of curiosity, how would you model a SoB combi-plasma? I don't think official ones exist?

First for the god emperor

So if the fallen end up with their own rules, could I have one army that (mostly) works in 30 and 40?

Sorry
>>“The time of their corpse-god is over,” says Wraithknight Soulseeker. Yvraine, with Iyanna at her side, speaks up then. “No, they must have a new leader,” she says. “If we can raise a new hero that reminds them of the glory of their past, they will follow him just as we cling to our myths.”
IMO, but most likely Cypher's fallen will be just part of one of formation in third book

You can already (kind of) do this.

yeah, vet squads are basically tac squads in 40k, give them power swords and you can upgrade them to calabanite blades (+1S) for free and I think anything modelled with a sword gets +1WS

Holy shit tho, They try to raise girlyman as some kind of replacement for the God emperor. This then splits the Imperium in 2 as people cling to the old ways while some advance to the new practice. This might actually make for a good story ark

>This might actually make for a good story ark
or Rob will share Carl Franz fate in the end.

>Carl Franz
who?

working on my 30k/40k force, in 30k they are loyalist Emperors children,

in 40k they are the descendants of those marines.

however I can't nail down a good name for them

I was thinking Pheonix Knights or Pheonix Blades

any suggestions?? names for characters, titles etc?

I was thinking red for the boltguns or should I stick to white?

So I was just noticing that the rules for rapid fire and heavy weapons say you can't charge in the following assault phase. With the new strength from death rules saying a model that performs a soul burst can immediately charge, could a unit of warriors that fire rapid fire weapons and dark Lances and was near a unit that died charge as they aren't not issuing a charge in the following assault phase. Could someone double check to see if I am Right?

for reference

I also might name a Land Raider "embers of the pheonix"

hi tg, help me with this 1500points skitarii/sisters list? new to the game and need input!

Get out and never come back.

I always find it suspicious when there's a "new" sisters player because I happen to know that amount of models costs more money than is stored in Fort Knox.

Sorry that i dont know characters that arent in 40k

Not everyone is poor you know? Beside playing 40k is cheaper than playing Golf and that thing is popular as fuck

>Not in 40k
>Being this pleb

Go and stay go

I mean yes, okay, maybe if you compare it to something really expensive, but is Celestine actually enough to get people into a group of battle nuns with the oldest models and fewest options still available?
I'm personally into them because it's my fetish

>trusting eldar lies

>Carl (sic) Franz
Karl Franz is the emperor (that's it, the head of state of the Empire, not an immortal demigod) in Warhammer Fantasy. He got dropped in Age of Sigmar so he's making a crack about how they're obviously gonna reboot the setting as a result of this arc.

Nah, girlyman would never allow that.

He's a classic Roman dictator. He takes complete power in times of trouble, but returns it as soon as it's not needed

So I don't play fantasy battle and I've not been part of 40k since the introduction of 5th ed. What exactly is wrong with Age of Sigmar and what did that introduce that fucked over fantasy battle and why will it by extension ruin 40k?

Thanks.

fucking shit, who is ready for Rawbutt Gorillaman to be the new Emperor?

Girlyman is Caesar user

Interesting so hes a character in fantasy. I dont see why he seems mad that i dont know anything about fantasy.

Can someone post page 273 from 3rd edition rulebook?

They killed the WHFB setting almost entirely and replaced with new shit.

Initially the rules were awful but they got better.

Most people are just afraid that the 40k setting they've had since the 80's is going to die.

For a lot of Fantasy fans, it's way too streamlined. They also completely wiped the setting besides a bunch of characters and the chaos gods.

People are worried 40k will get the same treatment, but I doubt it.

I think it's more of Karl Franz getting his limbs knocked off and having Sigmar's bodyjacking soul shoved down his throat.

So, I had a thought. The other Triumvirates have been cross-armies. The 1st was SoB, Inquisition and Mechanicus, the 2nd was Eldar, DE, and Harlequins.

So, if a Tyranid one gets made, it might have a Genestealer Cult part of it. Maybe a named Magus or something.

People actually want a SoB army there is a market for it. If third party can make money with a niche within a niche within niche.

It just GW does not understand selling something beside marines

Some knowledge of both franchises seemed to go hand in hand for years, and still does in the eyes of some oldfags. I wouldn't worry about it too much because fantasy is in a very weird place now.

Well yes, I would sell my good kidney to have a plastic SoB army from GW, I'm just surprised "new" players are willing to shell out for an all-metal army in the age of plastic.

Oh come on even SJWlestine agreed with them, aren't you loayl Imperium citizen, user?

Does that mean the Tau triumvirate will be Tau, Farsight, and Kroot?

Karl Franz didn't go anywhere. Sigmar possessed his corpse in the End Times. Sigmar is still inside Karl's body in AoS.

Which is why he made himself emperor of the imperium secundus, right?

Wait, what, for real? Are you shitting me?

>Sigmar is still inside Karl's body in AoS.
Orly?
Also, always loved this Vanilla set

There was old lore that 40k was inside a battle in some wizard tower, but also the fantasy world was a random 40k world.

Then GW said fuck it

I like the old lore that implied Nagash and Sigmar were the two missing primarchs.

Yep, from king Badass, to god Emperor king Badass

since He was a shard of sigmar since day 1

True but KF ain't never coming back, his whole essence was taken over, when it happens he says he feels oblivion overtake him in Altdorf so you assuem he's just dead or in the afterlife.

Yuppie normie with money to spend and an interest in their Joan of arc aesthetic. Now review my list and help me please? I just want something solid and fun that has the models I like

I ain't shitting you. In "End Times : Glotkin", Otto Glotkin kills Karl Franz. As Karl Franz dies, Sigmar's essence that was freed from the Vortrex slams into Karl's body. Sigmar possesses Karl's body and kicks the Glotkin's butts.

>listening to daemon lies

Huh. This is actually kind of dope. I'm painting up some Empire minis rn to field as a 'freeguild' army in AoS and I was trying to figure out why old Karl's name would be engraved on all their armour fluff-wise. Maybe the myth of his life has persevered and become a saint or christ figure in the Sigmarite religion?

I'll take this over to Sigmar general before I spitball any further, but thanks for letting me know

It's not Karl's body, it;s old Sigmar's body

I would love to help you with the list part but I have no idea how well anything specific for SoB or Admech/Skitarii works, since I'm just looking into starting SoB myself.
I have a gut feeling that 5-man squads won't survive very well, though.

>I'm painting up some Empire minis rn to field as a 'freeguild' army in AoS
>he plays unimportant factions
Let me gues you are also tyranid player?
>Maybe the myth of his life has persevered and become a saint or christ figure in the Sigmarite religion?
Nope they are not related (I mean cultures).

Too bad GW actively try to kill the setting and then blame the consumer for it.

>Make a WoW killer video game!
If I wanted to play a WoW I would play WoW
>Sales are dropping quick up the price!
No your sales are dropping because you have the same shit for years
>Oh put less stuff in the box!
No you twats that is not what we meant!
>Bigger armies! Smaller boxes! More expensive!
The fuck is wrong with you?!
>More rules! No balance! No play test!
The fuck?!

>We are squatting Fantasy because no one wants it!
The fuck just happen?!

Also fluffwise the Adeptus Mechanicus/Skitarii and the Ecclesiarchy/Sisters hate each other, but I'm sure you could make it work

>Resurrect Guilliman
>With his help, kick Abaddon all the way back to the Eye of Terror
>Sit back and laugh as the Imperium tears itself apart in civil war
>AELDARI EMPIRE 2.0 IS GO

I will forever imply my faction leaders are secretly tsundere for each other when I make allied armies.

Slav shitposter please leave.

So according to the FoB book their are genestealer cults on terra. So maybe nids are relevant if count GSC as nids that is

>On another flank, Pink Horrors and Lords of Change are dousing the Ynnari forces with mutagenic fire. Where ever the flames touch, insanity is left behind. Howling Banshees suddenly de-age, left as infants looking at their swords in fascination. Swooping Hawks transform into a scintillating rain of scaled serpents. Dire Avengers find their shuriken projectiles reversing course back into them as a swarm of starving piranhas.

What the fuck?

>everyone who dislikes AoS are shitposter!

So, in AoS, the old world exploded and now the whole setting takes place in warp where there are no permanent connections between places and the places that exist are also not permanent, right?
Hard to believe they'd let GSC foster on Terra, like how could you not notice? Unless Servitors have started forming opinions all of a sudden.

>not related

The Emperor is a holy personage in the Sigmarite religion, there's a reason they get to wield Ghal Maraz and the Arch Lector doesn't.

You are wrong.

How about you go ask in the AoS thread instead of derailing a 40K thread?

>Unimportant
Nah senpai, IG Necrons and some CSM. Unless Necrons fall into your definition of unimportant, but our boy Trazzy did just sort of blow up Cadia so wew lad

I'm doing Empire because I love their aesthetic and I happened to get a bunch of them for free from my friends who are downsizing recently. I was vaguely tempted to convert and kitbash the fuck out of them and field them as my homebrew conquistador-inspired Imperial Guard, but that would be too much effort.

>So, in AoS, the old world exploded and now the whole setting takes place in warp where there are no permanent connections between places and the places that exist are also not permanent, right?
Not exactly, it's just endless magical realms which somehow formed by winds of magic after "countless millenia" (WD)

Please take it to AoSgeneral. I just dont want this thread to become a shitty hell hole

A battlesuit trio of farsight shadowsun and kais
A tau trio of aun'shi a krorks shaper and a vespid/demiurge

Not even the same people you moron.

Drop the combi-Flamer get two flamers.
Get some Flamer pistol on the Seraphims and dozer blades for the Immolator.

The Mechanicus shit? No idea

Also Celestine prevents AoF since she does not have AoF or War hymes.
Hence why people say she is not a SoB model

Eldar won't get going until Slaanesh is squatted, which looks quite likely. Still it's grimdark meaning everyone's plans WILL go astray to the benefit only of the chaos gods.

>The Horrors are laughing with unchecked glee. But then the Phoenix Lords arrive, led not by Asurmen but by Jain Zar. She has taken Ynnead into herself, and been Reborn. Jain Zar, Baharroth, Fuegan, Asurmen, Maugan Ra and Karandras sweep through the Tzeentch Demons, completely outclassing them and send them packing.

So Jain Zar was promoted as the leader of the PLs? FoC is a female led book, goddamn.

>I've been living under a rock for recent years: The Post: The final edition: Electric Boogaloo 2: In HD: Directors cut

IMO they will be second skavens
>The Emperor is a holy personage in the Sigmarite religion
Yeah and it's Sigmar.

Shut up, Slav.

>Could've turned Ahriman's warband loyalist in a heartbeat
>But they don't because keking Ahriman is more funny

Fucking knife-ears.

>this thread to become a shitty hell hole
It always happens with Warhammer threads duting EndTimes

>war hymes
>st celestine's war hymen

>Hard to believe they'd let GSC foster on Terra, like how could you not notice?

Genestealer Cults are VERY good at concealing themselves. Also, Terra is by all accounts a hive world. It's got an enormous population, both of natives and pilgrims arriving to pay homage to the Emperor. There's plenty of nooks and crannies where a Cult might be able to establish itself and hide without being noticed.

I mean, Leviathan is making a beeline for Terra, after all.

She got fleshy body back to prepare receiving primarch genes.

You noticed this only now?

The sisters part looks good, if you could drop something to make room for another flamer or heavy flamer that'd work too . I don't know about the 5 man skitarii squads, maybe combine them into one if shit doesn't work out with them

>Buying shekels cast into tiny metal dolls instead of superior Russian or Chinese resin

There's like 9 realms, includng Chaos.

>FoC is a female led book, goddamn.

Yeah, but every other faction is led by men or genderless monsters. Give us this at least.

I would if I knew where to find it.
And if it didn't take a month to get here.

>Ahriman BTFO all three of them and leaves them at his mercy

Hahahaha GW just won't quit bashing the Eldar.

I always imagined Terra being secretly a hellhole, with the underhives packed with GSC, Chaos Cults, mutants and xenos. The Inquisition would have a large fighting force stationed, and they would regularly team up with the Arbites and Imperial Fists to root out the heresy in the underhives. A thankless task, and almost a pointless one, as they take out one cult, another one rises to power even faster.
And while there are massive battles down there, they try to maintain a facade of holiness and peace on the upper hive spires.

>Baby Howling Banshees
D'awwwwww

Book one had Celestine and Greyfax.

Haven't you read the fluff effects of warpflame? It can turn you to a potato or just destroy all your clothing and weapons.

Look at the bright side user, now we will see a helmetless and now young Jain Zar

just imagine them looking at their blades all bug eyed. dammit now we need the drawfags

That would be a good game of Dark Heresy

Bitch should learned lesson better.

>Yeah, but every other faction is led by men or genderless monsters.
>Ynnari, Aeldari and Drukhari leade by strong independant womyns
>males are only servants
>for now Imperials leaders are Celestine and Greyfax
>BT and Cato are totally okay with all these shit

>Reading Dark Angels rules
>Azrael doesn't have Eternal Warrior
KEK

Guilliman is leader of lmperials.

>For now

Gathering Storm 3 isn't out yet user

Nah he is the next God of Mankind, while womans rules the human race