/swg/ Star Wars General: Imperial Navy Promotions Board Edition

Previous

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>pastebin.com/wCRBdus6
>mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>pastebin.com/AGFFkSin

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png

Writefaggotry
>pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T

Shipfag's hangar
>drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>dockingbay416.com/campaign

Other urls found in this thread:

erictrautmann.us/2017/02/08/i-am-one-with-the-force-the-force-is-with-me/
youtu.be/mAOX_CHU0JY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for best ship

Eric Trautman, one of the designers and editors for the old WEG Star Wars, wrote up a D6-style sourcebook for Rogue One.
erictrautmann.us/2017/02/08/i-am-one-with-the-force-the-force-is-with-me/

So, my LGS have recently brought some Imperial assault carriers. I really like them, but are they good table-wise?

Are there stats? Please tell me there are stats.

Having had a quick peek, there are stats for the various protagonists. He's also gone so far as to produce two PDFs; one in 'mint' condition, the other weathered and aged slightly, which looks pretty much like all the WEG books I've seen in reality.

X-wing or Armada?

Armada: great filler, slightly less efficient than transports but then you get guns on them. Great for pushing squadrons or using repair crews behind an ISD to keep it alive. The Imperial cheap activation ship. You should probably buy at least two.

I think you mean X-wing though.

Probably the second best epic ship, behind the transport, again. But again, you actually get weapons on it. Also the ability to carry four ships past the initial joust in an epic game is a huge boon, to then push them out in the epic movement phase ready to fire. The cheap way to do this is with four black cracks. The scary way of doing it is with bombers.

Imperials have some fantastic crew to throw in the thing too. My personal favorite is take Tarkin, a Fleet Officer, and Comms booster with Automated Protocols. The ship hands out four focus tokens a turn and can still reinforce the front.

The important thing about building Epic ships though is to not overload them with upgrades. I wouldn't take more than 15-20 points of upgrades on the support ships.

Also it appears I don't have a Gozanti in my art collection. Weird.

WEG fucking sucks FFG for the win!!!!!!

Whoa there.

You can't fight in here, this is Star Wars General!

Besides, WEG practically built the Expanded Universe, so anyone who ever plays a Star Wars RPG of any kind owes them a great deal.

Can you kill AT-STs with Rancors RAW in FFG?

A person can shoot and kill a TIE fighter with a blaster pistol if I'm not unable to read in FFG

It's possible but unlikely with the scaling in WEG, but in FFG it's near impossible with the scaling, you'd need to do at least 30 damage to even scratch the fucker.

I've meant Armada. Didn't know there are Gozanti in X-Wing. And what about light cruisers? Are they a good buy as well?

RAW, the AT-ST's armour value means that the Rancor cannot harm it.

This is because the Rancor 'weapon' stats are calibrated towards fighting personal scale threats, not vehicles. Personally, I'd give the Rancor Breach 2 on it's claws when attacking vehicles, to simulate it WORKING LIKE A RUDDY CAN OPENER.

Usually, this would not be possible. A TIE has 2 armour, which translates into a Soak value of 20 from personal scale weapons (unless I'm also unable to read). This puts it well out of reach of even the most successful blaster pistol hit.

Does anyone have some nice Star Wars character art?

What about spaceship weapons then? Do they deal their written damage times 10 against people or?

Yes. I much prefer WEG's scaling system to FFG's, it's much better for having people vs vehicles.

Epic ships are a thing. They're pretty fun.

I think Light Cruisers, because they're all sold out. Mine are in the mail, because the only place that had any was on the other side of the country. The Imps needed a decent small ship that could shoot at range, and it looks like they got it.

Sadly haven't played much with Wave 5/CC yet. I plan to fix that the next few weeks.

You are correct. This means that an AT-ST's main gun (which deal 5 damage to vehicles) would deal 50 on a direct hit to an individual.

This, in some ways, makes sense, as if that cannon is supposed to mess up a heavily armoured position, it will make a small crater out of a person, assuming it can hit them.

Thanks, that's pretty cool-looking

Sengoku Jedi-geki when, nucanon?

Phoenix home and entrapment formation broke the game. It's dead.

Rebel players whined the system into the ground.

Daily reminder than in the nu-canon the Galactic Civil War ended like this:

youtu.be/mAOX_CHU0JY

I'm about to dive headfirst down the x-wing rabbit hole. What are some good and fun ships for a beginner to get if I'm wanting to play casually with friends?

Core sets, so X-Wing/T-70 and Tie/ln/FO. Aces/Vets are good for variety, Heroes is nice. It's pretty hard to go wrong for casual play.

Yes, perfect

Difficult question to answer without knowing what play-style you prefer, which you won't know until you played some. Personally I have a lot of fun with maneuverable small ships like A-wings and TIE Interceptors.

For whoever wanted the operator tree

Martial artist

Hardly "ne-canon" when that's how it's been since 1997.
But with Nu-nu-canon, it's showing there ARE Imperial remnants who didn't immediately bow to the Rebels/Nu-Republic and they became the First Order.

Skip Tracer

Suddenly, I was struck with inspiration.

Anyone have D6 stats for Trioculus & the Mofference?

Thanks friend

I was wanting to get a handful of different ships to play around with and see which ones I really liked

In that case, if you like rebels ABXY is a pretty good way to start.

Absolute perfection

Thanks pal, what are some good imperial ships to start with?

The basic TIE/LN, the Interceptor expansion, Imperial Aces.

Excellent taste, my man.

neat. got any of the equipment pages?

Running a game in Force and Destiny. What kind of stats would you give this thing?

Wow absolute shit. I am glad I didn't buy this book. MA looks to be a dlc for marauder instead of a full specialization.

You're a fucking retard, mate.

Darth Talon concept for TFA

Meant to

At work now but I will post some more pages tonight. Anything specific?

mostly armor, weapon attachments, and armor attachments.

I just said what pages I want in the post you quoted asshole.

piss off m8

>ask for gibs
>act like an asshole

Top notch

that was a different guy who decided act like a cunt for some reason

Actually he is right. I have No Disintegrations and its complete garbage. Worst specialization book yet. Shitty new species, shitty mando wank and shitty new specs. Absolutely not worth the price.

If the book makes you so mad, why don't you unbind it and make a high-quality scan and upload it.

That'll show it who's boss.

So, you get two ranks of Parry, can Parry unarmed, reduce the critical rating on your bare hands twice, can suffer 2 strain to add up to 5 damage on your next brawl check and can suffer a variable number of strain to basically have your pick of a critical result with any Brawl, Melee or Lightsaber weapon. Keeping in mind that this means you can blind people or destroy limbs with your BARE HANDS.

And that's bad?

Doesn't this also contain a Signature Ability that allows a bounty hunter to make like five attacks in a single turn, so long as they have enough weapons on them to use new ones?

Could you post the signature abilities too? Thanks.

That sounds fucking rad

That's pretty cool, but it's still not as good as literally killing every mook on scene

>mfw

Fuck why did you post this, now I want to play martial artist.

Yeah. Also, why doesn't star wars use railguns? They are extreamely effective.

So I'm about to run a game of Edge of the Empire for a group on Saturday, and I've been puzzling about what ship to give them.

I don't want to go for the YT-1300 because it feels like a cop-out to just give them "not the Millenium Falcon."

Basically, I'm looking for a ship that's functionally identical, but different enough that they won't spot the similarity. None of the players have played before so it it's got the exact same stats it doesn't matter.

Honestly all the signature abilities are usually pretty dope, though some of them don't have direct combat utility.

Like the Soldier one which lets your group just ignore vehicle soak for a few rounds, you can kill fighters or tanks with just rifles.

Space Turtle is your friend, user.

De chelonian mobile

A colossus wasp husk converted into a freighter.

My gm just decided something from scratch for the same reason. (Then had me draw all the interior parts)

I'd say some of the older YT designs are a good bet, capturing the star wars feel while being different enough from a falcon.

Stuff like this is why I will forever be greatful to Disney for nuking the eu.

Every time I start to think the old EU was fairly normal and not insane, I see things like this.

>Every time I start to think the old EU was fairly normal and not insane, I see things like this.
>He hasn't seen all the Sienarposting that's come up throughout this general's history

Why not let them choose? Any ship 120,000 credits or less

I would love an "Imperial Prototypes" pack for XWM. Bonus point for a Raith Sienar crew card.

Stuff like that is why I'm pissed at Disney nuking the EU.

Oh trust me, I was here for that last night and a couple weeks ago too, dude. I had just forgotten about this FUCKING WASP IN SPACE hahaha

And what was the pirate captain's ridiculous name? Stone Bone? I forget.

I think it's safe to skip X at this point.

Ys still have cheap turrets, Bs are great jousters and even As can be decent swarms, but Xs (outside of Biggs and already in the core set) are terrible even in casual games because of how expensive and inflexible they are.

Well, as you said they are in the core set so it's not like you're not going to get at least one.

The problem with that is I'm not sure if any of the players are knowledgeable in Star Wars to really choose one that's not in the books, and there's not much in that price range beyond the YT-1300. Also, I wanted to have the first session be based around stealing the ship, so them designing it doesn't really make sense.

Thanks for the suggestions, although I'm not sure a giant wasp is the best idea for a low-profile smuggler.

True but I think he was concerned with expansions.

There is literally no reason to get the X wing expansion ever.

Fair enough.

My suggestions then: YT-2000, or a Wayfarer.

>no reason
Do it for him.

>shitty mando wank
Literally what did you expect?
Every kid and their dog wants to be super cool just like jango!!1! and this is the book they buy to do it.

Do you want the weapon fluff text as well

I stand by my word shitter, now I'm gonna go back to fucking your sister.

too late, he's beaten you to it

Gross

post blasters

What is easily the worst planet to live in. My gues would be Nar Shadaa, or Ryloth.

Mustafar

Korriban.

Byss, at least according to Force and Destiny. The populace is constantly mindraped by the Emperor's dark side energy.

Alderaan. Have you ever met the natives besides Organa?

This is star wars, not battletech. I know stackpole's trademark subplots may have confused you, but this isn't battletech and wedge is not victor

>Forgetting the greatest Alderaanian

Eol Sha, Tund, Kessel, Dathomir in some ways.

The Celchus are a lovely couple

Nar Shadaa is Compton on a planetary scale.

Obligatory addendum: some vehicles have weapons that are explicitly stated to work on personal scale rather than vehicular, generally manned turrets on troop transports etc

You the deserve the darkest of praises.