What is an example of high Int, low Wis? And low Int, high Wis?

What is an example of high Int, low Wis? And low Int, high Wis?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cr6zQLvPMpw
dmingwithcharisma.com/dd-stats-in-simple-language/
youtube.com/watch?v=k-LCw4CGIV8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

One punch man is a good example of high wis low int

youtube.com/watch?v=cr6zQLvPMpw

Autists are high Int, low Wis

No, he's a good example where no matter how terrible you make a character, as long as he's the strongest people will like him.

He's low int, low wis, low cha, is generally unlikable and unsympathetic, and has no real character beyond being cliche when trying to act consciously but unconsciously subverting expectations.

The guy that doesn't enter the Tomb of Horrors because he doesn't like the name of it.

>high Int, low Wis
Autists.

dmingwithcharisma.com/dd-stats-in-simple-language/

Person 1 (High INT/Low WIS): "I think we could do this because I know I can."
Person 2 (High WIS/Low INT): "We shouldn't."
Person 1 (High INT/Low WIS): "Why shouldn't we do this?"
Person 2 (High WIS/Low INT): "I don't know, but I know it's a bad idea."

It's the "Can I" and "Should I".

i really can't argue with this and i liked the show. He even mentions it himself that he feels very little and hardly has any cares.

Its almost sociopathic really. There is no reason for him to not just destroy the planet. He only continues down the path he originally set because thats the path he originally set, he has no goals or ambiton or motive.

Imagine if he had decided to be a villian for fun?

Nerds from this episode are high int, low wis
youtube.com/watch?v=k-LCw4CGIV8
No they are low wis,low int,but have a one specific skill trained to the max

Separating those things in two stats is silly because both stats represent a bunch of things some which overlap and some of which doesn't.

High Int + Low Wis = Homer Simpson

Sherlock Holmes is high Int, low Wis.

Doctor Watson is low Int, high Wis.

I also liked the show, but it's important to recognize that it's a very experimental work and is willing to satirically explore the shonen genre, and raise questions like "Just how important is a character's strength to how much he appeals to people?"

Watson is meant to be as smart as the average reader.

So low int

Just like Str and Dex, and Str and Con, and Cha and Wis, and Cha and Con.

If you go this route, you just need Bodyness and Smartiness.

Holmes is High Int High Wis Low Cha

The problem with this is that Sherlock has high perception which is represented by Wis

I'm not saying those two stats should be one, i'm saying making them two stats specifically is arbitrary.
You could have say, Memory, Logic, Perception or something.

+ Int, - Wis = The nerdy guy who is convinced the girl he's buying gifts for is truly interested in him.

- Int, + Wis = The idiot who is failing every class but knows what he wants to do as a career and doesn't care.

Oh and;

- Int, - Wis, + Cha = The girl everyone wants to fuck, who'll soon be a drop-out teenage mom.

The better question is how does getting higher STR while remaining same CON works?

>Addicted to opium.
>Has trouble understanding how his behaviour distances him to others.
>When he does, doesn't care. Appears to be a jerk to almost everyone.
>Could have made something important of his life, instead passes the time resolving mysteries because it amuses him.

Holmes is low Wis, brah. I know you probably like him and adore him, but he's a textbook high Int, low Wis character. The character who does things because it's fun and because he can, without thinking of consequences.

Why do you think that?

I mean, he's a bit slow in some of the adaptations. But in the originals, Watson is a military doctor. He's not a min-maxed freak like Holmes, but he's above average in pretty much everything.

Bodybuilder versus Strongman contest applicant.

Also Holmes has probably decent Cha. He is very charismatic, when he wants to.

So THAT'S why people say I'm smart despite constantly making a fool of myself and being retarded most of the time.
Magnus is my spirit animal.

In my experience those calm women who have raised a lot of successful kids have very high "wisdom" and are quiet often fairly dumb by most measures.

Think Babushka.

HighInt/LowWis = Bumbling scientist, knows a lot of cool stuff but can't remember where he left his notes.

HighWis/LowInt = Raised by wolves, can organize a group well but probably can't read.

I'd like to say I'm not sexist but I feel all women are like that.

The 'smartest' women I know are simply hard workers and seem smart because they have put a lot of effort into the subject

How any one of them is an example of low WIS?

High Int, Low Wisdom -> Lindybeige
High Wisdom, Low Intelligence -> Your mom.

>Bodybuilder
High CON ,low STR,high CHR
>Strongman
High STR,HIGH CON

>high Int, low Wis

Autists are also, and perhaps most importantly, low Cha.

>>Bodybuilder
>High CON ,low STR,high CHR
I'd argue high str, mid-low con.
The act of getting the definition for a show saps your stamina to nothing.

[Columbine theme starts playing]

Reader at the era the series was written, not present day

The problem is that bodybuilders reduce majority of their body fat,therefore have a critical loss of mass.

But yet it demonstrates some degree of intellect to the point that they are aware what is completely aesthetic.

Knowing which muscles to accent is a thing.

That's not sexist. Men's intelligence usually falls on either end of the extreme, while most women are in the middle.

Which is why you get the stereotype of either the "Big Buff Stupid Guy" or "The Super Smart Nerd Guy" but the only stereotype for women is "Dumb Blonde Bitch". Most women are average, but that's just not a fun stereotype.

Very important distinction to make.

Depends on the autist I would imagine

Women find abstract thought tedious.

You're half right; the female bell curve is slightly narrower than the male, but it's also shifted to the left

None of those are true of Conan Doyle's Holmes. ACD's Holmes takes cocaine when he is not engaged upon a case because he craves stimulation. He infiltrates an opium den, but never takes opium (and it wouldn't make sense for him to do so, considering why he takes cocaine; he craves stimulation, not soporifics).

ACD's Holmes is a fairly adept student of human behaviour and, while eccentric and sometimes boorish, isn't a rude jerk ala Gregory House, slightly deranged ala Downey Junior's Holmes or on-the-spectrum like Cumberbatch's Sherlock.

No, they think they do, but they mistake a 13 for good.

Women have always been more emotionally motivated.

Don't call it a bell curve when really it is just then wanting to perceive with emotions when perceiving with logic is the correct response.

There is a reason why Greek parliament was reserved for men.

It's not so much the tedium of it, it's just more difficult for women to do physically and our brains (male and female) hate doing difficult shit. That, and men are far more inclined to work in every aspect than women are, from an evolutionary standpoint.

Women are often seen as more emotional because our hormone swings are far more common and extreme than men's, and our emotional strength is not as great. The part of the brain that deals with emotion (in regard to thought process) is also larger in women than in men. Literally MORE OF OUR BRAINPOWER is based off of emotion, physically.

Something tells me you don't understand what a bell curve represents.

I don't buy the logic x emotion duality, though. In fact, I don't buy dualities in general since I believe in the empty center.

>Don't call it a bell curve when really it is just then wanting to perceive with emotions when perceiving with logic is the correct response.

Most measurements of intelligence use methods which are harder for women than for men (I think, I could be remembering completely wrong).

As Willpower is often wisdom based (for some reason) then he must have a pretty high wisdom. His defining characteristic is probably ennui. But as the story continues he seems to be coming out of it through that power of friendship.

Have you only watched the Moffat show? Holmes isn't a high-functioning sociopath in the original stories. He's very empathetic.

What's the "empty center"?

The point of Watson is to be a mouthpiece for the reader to mention details and come to conclusions that the typical person would know. That's his meta-role in the works, and the meta-role of the watson archetype.

> low Int, high Wis

Jesus

Ehhhh I almost agree. I most certainly don't think it emulates a bell though.

I think it emulates a spike with an immediate decline.

That's a narrow bellcurve.

Holmes is terrible at knowledge checks though, he thinks the sun revolves around the earth! Meanwhile, his "detecting" is all crit success on spot checks. Holmes is Low Int, High Wis.

Meanwhile Watson is a fuckwit. High Cha, Low Wis, Low Int.

Low INT and lower WIS

Q-Quick anons! The feminists and regressives haven't gotten here yet, continue your intelligent discussion!

Character is more than stats.
Stats does nothing to tell if character is good or bad.
Talking about quality of a fictional character, not moral good or bad or other bullshit like that.

High Int, Low Wis = Doc Brown from Back to the Future

Low Int, High Wis = Forrest Gump.

Your mom.

Pic related is a perfect example of High Wisdom, Low intelligence.
Forrest wasn't smart, but he was fairly wise.

You're right, she's a cold emotionless bitch who left my father and I to go join a cult and blames me for everything bad that ever happened to my family. By leaving she not only split our families apart (that side never speaks to me now), but my sister fucked off and has been doing drugs and shit, dating a guy older than our dad and three times her age. Despite all that, my dad's bent himself over backward to try and bring her back, to the point that his health is now shit and he's dying. And he's my only family member left since my grandmother died, as that was when my aunts and uncles felt guilty for doing nothing and started to avoid us entirely.

At least you have table top right?

Yes the medical doctor has low int

Yes... yes I have tabletop. It is my joy right now. This is why I'm on Veeky Forums.

>high int, low wis
Surprised nobody posted him yet

Most autistic people have below-average intelligence. They just think they're smarter than everyone else because of their intense focus on writing erotic my little pony fanfiction.

don't confuse savants with autist.
being autistic means you are a social cripple period. I does not mean you trade that in for a superpower. Being disabled doesn't make you smarter than you were before.

>High INT Low WIS
Lindybeige
>Low INT Hight WIS
Skallagrim
>High INT High WISH
Matt Easton

Entirely on the subject of swords, though.

Nah. all three are just faggots.

surprised no one's mentioned Matt Ward yet for high Int, Low Wis

Current methods of academic grading benefit female learning styles.

Most of the time, autism is -Int, -Wis, -Cha with a big + to Knowledge (whatever the autistic individual finds interesting).

This, autists are retarded.Savants sometimes fall on the spectrum but 9/10 autists aren't good even at the thing they obsess over.

Wanting dicks up your ass has notthing to do with intelligence or street smarts. Freddie Mercury was High INT High WIS as fuck.

mh. that implies that rules design is int, while writing lore is purely wisdom, when in reality it's both for both.
Rules are not just about math, it's about creating an experience. You want excitement and suspense in there along with balance.
And writing lore has to be logically consistent with itself and the setting and well researched, which I'd say is the int part, while getting the feel of the setting and hitting the right notes to provoke the emotional response and writing believable characters needs wisdom.

>she's a cold emotionless bitch who left my father and I to go join a cult

Whats wrong with joining a cult?

What constitutes a female learning style? Not being sarcastic or facetious, but I genuinely didn't know you can have gender specific learning styles.

>low int high wis
Oh well that's me.

>that pic
>if only

No, this was a gourp of people living in a trailer park who thought they were native american shamans. My mother thought she could literally heal people by touching them, and I'm pretty sure half the men in the group were closet(?) pedophiles. They had no idea what actual native american beliefs or rituals are, they just go to "sweat lodge" literally every week and "commune with nature" or some shit by walking around their yard. Completely fucking clueless.

I think the worst part is that my mother is literally PART NATIVE AMERICAN, and my father and I are friends with HOPI INDIANS. Like, legit ones. We helped a friend move to New Mexico and on the way back we got lost- the elder of the tribe let us stay at his house for a day and we all had a good time, they INSISTED on us staying longer and coming back.

baka

I have a friend who was severly autistic as a child and reached the 99th percentile of his video-game of choice. It's just an anecdote, but when you devote 90% of your time and focus to one thing, you tend to get pretty proficient, or at least knowledgible, with that task.

Will Hunting is high wis, low int

>high int low wis
Neil deGrasse Tyson

>low int high wis
Socrates

Women develop a full understanding of language up to two years earlier, grading based on data memorization and rethoric, at an early age, benefits them.
Then in puberty, men have a much more difficult time focusing on non-competitive activities. Of course this is when school authorities decide to introduce social sciences with projects all about cooperation, diplomacy, socialization and good fee fees. Guess who's better at pretending they care about you for a grade.

pretty sire that should be the other way around.
Solving complex mathematical equations is definitely int.
Making good life decisions is wisdom.

It's kind of the point of the film. Robin William's character is not as smart, but more experienced and therefore has the wisdom to provide the guidance Will needs in his life.

C-3PO is high int low wis
R2-D2 is low int high wis

Except it's usually, as noted before, knowledge (MLP erotica)

High int low wis
That really smart awkward guy who is pretty oblivious to common known things

Low int high wis
Not the sharpest tool but has street smarts. Always some how know how to deal with a situation that they don't seem suited to deal with. Think country ranger, is not going to be able to tell you the chemical compound of something, but if you have a cut or wound, they know what weed you need to eat to pr vent something.

That's what I thought I typed.

Guess I'm low int, low wis...

The main characters of Spice and Wolf

>Lawrence knows about the world, but doesn't always know the right way to act in it
>Holo knows little about the world, but knows the right things to do in it to succeed.