What are the important punks besides cyberpunk and steampunk?

What are the important punks besides cyberpunk and steampunk?

Dieselpunk and creampunk.

dieselpunk is VERY important

>creampunk

Explain.

Folk Punk
New Wave
No Wave
Hardcore Punk

Manapunk

Biopunk

Cavepunk, can't forget the cavepunk.

Atompunk

Dieselpunk is not that important

>creampunk
>not icecreampunk
>being this much of a pleb
lel

Punk

Meatpunk

>not playing memepunk

Slavpunk
AlchemoPunk
Cuckpunk
'Tismpunk
Memepunk

And my personal favorite, Grimpunk.

I can't believe nobody said clockpunk

>Folk Punk
Isn't that the same thing as antifolk?

Jazzpunk

Because most people get it confused with steampunk.

Biopunk

I need more pictures like this

Slimegoth.

Punkpunk
Rebel against the rebellion!

Would 1600-1700s wigpunk be a thing?

Yes, but only as a spongebob episode.

Atom punk is life

Technically steampunk isn't really punk, it just aped the name from cyberpunk.

But to answer your question:
>dieselpunk
>biopunk
>raypunk
>atompunk
I think
>clockpunk
might be one too, but I'm not entirely sure.

So you play Joe Friday busting filthy hippies?

Isn't Deiselpunk more 1930s art deco, metropolis-wank?

Daft Punk

Dungeonpunk has been the dominant aesthetic for medieval fantasy gaming for almost 20 years no. So there is that.

Actually... if you could pull a SonarPunk that isn't cyberpunk and give It a Electronica Techno theme, I'd play the hell out of that.

Steampunk isn't a GenrePunk desu

If it were, there's never been a single person in the scene that cosplays as the punks; only the rich cocksuckers the punks would be trying to kill with jerririgged cotton gins and books of engineering stolen off a royal engineer they slit the throat of for coming down Ratstorker Street.

Underrated response.

cmpunk

Timberpunk

Isn't that hellgate punk?

I hope that every single person in this threat takes their own life including myself.

>(thing)punk
>There is no punk
Why

Comfypunk

Vyvyan.

Misnomerpunk

Google Keith Thompson.

Steampunk is most definitely *punk, do you even have any idea who wrote The Difference Engine? Raypunk, on the other hand, isn't a thing, your picture pertains to atompunk.

Spunkpunk.

Hard Impact Sexual Violence Setting.

crystal punk

Post apo punk, the only punk you will ever need

>Slavpunk
But you mean the historical one or the modern one?
Because you know there are two distinctive flavours of this shit, right?

You try finding the punk in the autumn foliage of New England

Steampunk was punk for all of one story before most of the people who decided to ape the aesthetic decided they would rather pretend to be the rich fucks in Armani suits than the downtrodden their ancestors most likely were.

There's a lot that could be said about nerds' handling of steampunk and the aspiration of a significant subset of them to build the cyberpunk dystopia where they happen to be the Armani-suited corporates.

this, just call it setting instead of punk if you're not specifically playing a "fuck the system" game

The apunkalypse is basically the proper endgame of punk genres; you were right, there was no future, and the system destroyed everything, time to rebuild the ruins and get together with good people to DIY start a new civilization before the cowardly holdovers of the old system get out of their safe bunkers to take over and restart doing the same shit.

imo Fallout 2 did it right

How about Westernpunk, where the technology is powered up by letting friendly immigrants rape young women?

>and get together with good people to DIY start a new civilization
That's not punk.
That's power fantasy.

Know the fucking difference

>tfw goths think they know shit
It is punk. Fighting the good fight in the hopes of building something that isn't inherently fucked is just as punk as the rest.

Hedonistic nihilism is goth-tier shit.

You're the faceless mook who gets shot when things get rough in a -punk story

The fuck it has to do with goths, you idiot?

And the last thing punk is about is becoming new Man. Closely followed by considering itself the good guys, rather than the guys outside of the good-bad narration.

>Goth dismayal
It's 2017, not 1987, grandpa.

>urrr, rebuilding something inherently makes you the man
Do you even know what DIY is?
Go back to sleep, you have school tomorrow.

counterpoint: yes it is

was it really all that underrated 12 minutes later?

It changes absolute nothing. Punk is about anarchy, not building new order, you fucking moron

There is a lot of art deco in what I would say is dieselpunk, but also a huge chunk of Weird WW2 in there too.

Of course I'm much more of an "alternate history" fan than a "-punk" fan. Cyberpunk is fine, Steampunk was named as a homage to cyber but is really Victorian Scifi and all the other -punks are just lazy naming of Alt History/Scifi.

>anarchy is not about building thing
>what are communes
>what are self organized societies
>what is the Lunigiana revolt
>who is Emma Goldman

Go to school, ignorant teenager

Said the guy who wants punk rebuild the world.
Or civilisation.

Not even the most utopian branches of punk go in that direction. It's always about me or at best my group, never beyond that.
Which means it's by default against the rest of society.

But sure, preach me some more about punk, apparently you consider yourself some sort of expert, because you read about it once on wikipedia.

>It's always about me or at best my group, never beyond that.
>all the punk I know is Johnny Rotten

Shame that -punk settings are all about how pointless the fight is and how stupid the punks are by going against the system that at this point is already undefeatable and already won the final victory before the punks in the verse were even born.

Hedonistic nihilism is what defines fucking -punk setting by default, because it's the illusion of an idividual that not only he can rebel, but that his rebellion changes anything and the self-imposed supersession of the ugly truth that The Man can't be brought down, while the effort is just a waste of time.

>All the punk I know is textbook theory
>But I will keep insulting people anyway
Not him, but son, you are delusional.

>No mention of Whalepunk yet
If only there was a word that described how I feel right now...

Gothic-punk
>t. Mark Rein@Hagen

Veggiepunk
Cosmopunk
Micropunk
Naphtalinepunk

...Veggiepunk?

The only limit is your imagination.

No, both. The punk part is the Adidas tracksuit rebellion.

>No Wave
I'd play a setting based on Cop