What creatures have a CR over 21? (Except the Tarrasque)

What creatures have a CR over 21? (Except the Tarrasque)

Other urls found in this thread:

d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/abomination.htm
dandwiki.com/wiki/Dreg_Titan_(3.5e_Creature)
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/devil/devils-unique/devil-lucifer-prince-of-darkness-tohc
forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Layers_of_the_Abyss
pastebin.com/25Hzt3jk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Trump

Solar angels have a 23.

There's a whole retarded book of them. The only one I see posted is the Neutronium Golem.

Angel, Solar
Black Dragon, Great wyrm
Black Dragon, Wyrm
Blue Dragon, Ancient
Blue Dragon, Great wyrm
Blue Dragon, Wyrm
Brass Dragon, Ancient
Brass Dragon, Great wyrm
Brass Dragon, Wyrm
Bronze Dragon, Ancient
Bronze Dragon, Great wyrm
Bronze Dragon, Very old
Bronze Dragon, Wyrm
Copper Dragon, Ancient
Copper Dragon, Great wyrm
Copper Dragon, Very old
Copper Dragon, Wyrm
Demon, Balor
Devil, Pit Fiend
Gold Dragon, Ancient
Gold Dragon, Great wyrm
Gold Dragon, Old
Gold Dragon, Very old
Gold Dragon, Wyrm
Green Dragon, Ancient
Green Dragon, Great wyrm
Green Dragon, Wyrm
Red Dragon, Ancient
Red Dragon, Great wyrm
Red Dragon, Old
Red Dragon, Very old
Red Dragon, Wyrm
Silver Dragon, Ancient
Silver Dragon, Great wyrm
Silver Dragon, Old
Silver Dragon, Very old
Silver Dragon, Wyrm
Tarrasque
Titan
White Dragon, Great wyrm

>solars
Why are they so dirty?
Like holy shit Solars are hilariously overpowered.
In many settings they would be the gods themselves.

For 5e:

Ancient Brass Dragon
Ancient White Dragon
Pit Fiend

Ancient Black Dragon
Ancient Copper Dragon
Lich
Solar

Ancient Bronze Dragon
Ancient Green Dragon

Ancient Blue Dragon
Ancient Silver Dragon
Kraken

Ancient Gold Dragon
Ancient Red Dragon

Tarrasque

what book?

>Ancient Black Dragon
>Ancient Copper Dragon
>Solar

>Lich

What the hell? Why is lich so OP?

Immostal's Handbook - Epic Bestiary
search for neutrinium golem on 1d4chan to get the download links

Cthulhu.

xD epic

High level casting bruh

PF actually has Cthulhu statted (in on of Paizo's own books too, rather than some 3rd party one), and he does indeed have CR higher than 21 (he's CR30, which is the highest challenge rating in Paizo's books; there's some 3rd party monsters that go even higher).

Golden Manhatten here has CR of 32

warning: wonky CR even for 3.5 (!!!)
d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/abomination.htm

But I

PF monsters

CR 22
Devastator - Demonic version of 40ks Titans
Fomorian Titan - First creatiosn of the gods who trie dto overthrow them, since sealed away
Red Wyrm Ravener - ultra lich dragon which eats souls
Tempest Behemoth - living weapon of the gods, theme is air and storm
Thanatotic Titan - death titans
Volnagur - the End-Singer, spawn of the god of destruction, starfish with many wings

CR 23
Angel, Solar
Blood Queen - horrific giant maggot thing from beyond the stars
Chemnosit - another spawn of rovagug, god of destruction. giant worm thing
Elohim - horrific mix of insect, fungi, and other things that play at god.
Ifestus - titan who likes magma and hot things
Inder - giant column of fire that rules over all fire elementals
Jabberwock - yes its that one from Alice in Wonderland. In PF its a Tane, a living weapon of the Eldest, the Fey lords.
Lypso - Giant water elemental who rules over all water elementals
Susir - giant storm/tornado that rules over air elementals

Dantalion - Duke of Hell who serves Baalzebub
Fafnheir - the most powerful linnorm dragon on Golarion
Guardian Dragon - Divinely created dragons who guard divine treasures
Hekatonkheires
Nightripper - 953 kill serial killer who was only killed on his 13 execution attempt, personally chosen by Lamashtu to serve as her personal assassin.
Onyst - Earth elemnal who rules over earth elementals
Yamasoth - ancient terrifying qlippoth lord

Drakainia - the twisted "daughters" of Lamashtu
Lorthact - Duke of hell on the run from the Whore-Queen eiseth, ruler of erinyes
Mythic Wyrm Red Dragon
Shamira - powerful succubus who serves Nocticula
Tarrasque
Treerazer demonic dinosaur like nascent demon lord

>Nightripper - 953 kill serial killer who was only killed on his 13 execution attempt, personally chosen by Lamashtu to serve as her personal assassin.
Only 953? Lightweight. A level 20 character can get 1,000x that kill count within a week if they try hard enough.

Tarrasque Wizard!
>Tiny Pic

CR 30-32 The Dread Tarrasque.

Said to be the originator Tarrasque presumably living on layer 666 of the abyss, but no one knows where it is.

5e liches are proper high-level casters with legendary actions.

How far down in the abyss do you have to go before the demons no longer know that there is a material plane?

Oh, I thought this was an actual book.
There's no way I'm reading or using it, but what I have seen is awesome and you're retarded yourself for calling it retarded.

It's complete bollocks. A lich is supposed to be a threat of roughly the same level as a vampire. It's not some ancient demilich who can shatter planets with a thought, it's an ordinary regular campaign boss.

Bezravnis - giant three tailed scorpion Kaiju
Korada - Agathion (animal angels) Empyreal lord of monks, inner peace, and forgiveness
Kostchtchie - Hey its that russian dude who had his soul stolen by Baba Yaga

Agyra - flying kaiju
Baphomet - the first minotaur and demon lord of all of them.
Bokrug - Its a Great Old One, and it's a tentacly lizard thing.
Gibbering Orb - Who taught the Shoggoth to fly?
Xoveron - demon lord of gargoyles and ruins

Dagon - take every horrific thing fromt eh seas, this has all of it and more. Also demon lord of fishy things.
Demon Lord Shax - demon lord of envy, lies, and-above all else-murder. Looks like an anthro stork who wears evil surgeon gear.
Mogaru - another kaiju, this time an homage to Godzilla
Sifkesh - the Sacred Whore, is the demon lord of suicide, heresy, and hopeless despair. looks like a dismembered but still whole angel.
Vildeis - empyreal lord of devotion, sacrifice, and scars. Bloody, scarred, bandaged angel.

Deskari - Lord of the Locust Host and the Usher of the Apocalypse, son of Pazuzu, and horrific insect thing
Hastur - Who do you think it this is?

Cernunnos - empyreal lord of primal wilderness, looks like a buff elf with stag horns.
Cthulhu - Do I have to explain this?
Nocticula - THE succubus queen.
Pazuzu - Ya know that dude who possessed Linda Blair? This is him. He spends his free time randomly possessing people, in between waging devastating wars upon countless demon lords, angelic armies, and even Hell itself.

He did it while much lower level. Why do you think Lamashtu picked him personally to remake into a demon lord?

>Bokrug
I didn't expect Paizo to stat a god that's mentioned in a single sentence of a page long story.

they also did several other old gods, like hastur (didyou kill him? everybody roll multiple will saves to put on his cloak and you turn into him), ithaquoa, likely a few more when strange aeons finishes

The Nechaschismic Dragon is probably the most insane thing in the book. The longer it's there it subsumes reality itself until you destroy it or it becomes all of existence.

If you're a man who has outwitted and beaten Death itself by your own power, will and spite... You're pretty up there on the power rankings.

CR in 5e is based on how hard it can fuck the party in three rounds, averaged with how hard it can resist being fucked by the party over those rounds. Liches, as full casters, are capable of doing a lot in those first few rounds.

dandwiki.com/wiki/Dreg_Titan_(3.5e_Creature)
The dreg titan is homebrew, but I've always been fond of it.

>A lich is supposed to be a threat of roughly the same level as a vampire.

This is what Vampirefags actually believe.

You are a flying lamprey, a victim of a curse or disease. They literally will themselves to lose be forever.

*live forever

>Though they are not gods, the solars' power approaches that of demigods, and they often have an advisory role for younger or weaker deities. In some polytheistic faiths, mortals worship one or more solars as aspects or near-equal servants of the true deities—never without the deity's approval—or consider notable solars to be offspring, consorts, lovers, or spouses of true deities (which they may be, depending on the deity).

>A lich is supposed to be a threat of roughly the same level as a vampire.

This is what bloodsacks ACTUALLY BELIEVE

Special mention going to Lucifer, being the single highest CR monster in Pathfinder at CR 39.

d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/outsiders/devil/devils-unique/devil-lucifer-prince-of-darkness-tohc

Yeah, I was only going for official and not third party.

>At-will wish
Game over

If he's so strong how did Papa Asmodeus kick his ass out of hell?

>Lucifer's face when YHWH is an even more monumental dick when it comes to screwing people over with wish side effects than even the most That Guy DM

Stat him Veeky Forums

Empyrean

Fpbp

YHWH = 26
His CR is 26

I'd much rather fight an Alcolich

Altuin the star turtle has a CR of 84000. Thats the highest CR i could find.

Officially though Dragon magazine had a CR 99 Time dragon.

If we count unofficial publications I might as well post my homebrew with a CR of one million.

It's bizarre how retarded the Empyreal Lords are. They have relatively too low Int and Wis scores.

>Immune to almost everything
>Resistance 100+DR/- for the thing it isn't immune to
>Instantly revives 2d4 times per fight
>At-Will ability to cause Suck or Die effects at 1500ft range
>+100 to four skills
>+50 to mental stats
What the hell

>create water
bet he never thought that would come in handy

Don't forget

>uses d20s for all his hit dice, and has maximum rolls for each one
>has an ability that deals his max hit points to a target, no save

How the hell do they expect you to run a game at this level?

But could it beat the lady of pain?

It has stats, so no.

Its really boring actually. Its a lot of maths and just numbers. You arent hacking at a goblin with your gleaming lobgsword, you are doing 30 attacks with a 16% probability of doing 3d100 each with a damage reduction of 42.

Highest i played was lvl 21 and that was a one off session to fight the last evil of the plane we were on.

Yeah but 5e is 3.5 for faggots.

Most things in the book that this creature is from:

Golem, Neutronium (Large Construct)
Hit Dice: 250d1000+1,966,080 (2,216,080 hp)
Initiative: +79
Speed: Fly 5,901,426,338' (perfect)
Armor Class: 932 (-1 size, -1 Dex, +80 gravitic mastery, +844 natural), touch 88, flat-footed 932
Base To-Hit: +187 (+437 grapple)
Attack: Slam +512 (40960d10+246 damage; average 225,526)
Full Attack: 2 slams, as above
Special Attacks: Gravitic aura, heat aura, pulsed x-ray, starquake
Special Qualities: Accretion, construct, damage reduction 1500/-, darkvision 60ft, fast healing 1500, gravitic mastery, immunity to magic, low-light vision, magnetar, superluminal, unearthly construction
Saves: Fort +163, Ref +162, Will +163
Abilities: Str 502, Dex 9, Con —, Int —, Wis 11, Cha 1
Environment: Outer space
Organization: Solitary, patrol (2-4), or with time lord (Divine Rank 192, 960HD)
Challenge Rating: 9721
Treasure: None
Alignment: always Neutral
Advancement: 251–353 HD (Large), 354–707 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: +17,427 (assuming sentience)
A ball of blistering heat surrounding this automaton is palpable. At its centre you can discern a dark grey humanoid shape, only slightly taller than a human, but proportionally built like a stocky dwarf. The surface of the figure is featureless, and seems to bubble and ripple as if constantly boiling.

If you want something that your players could actually contend with though.

Atropals.

Atropals are not only hard to fight but are fucking horrifying and the moment I learned about what they are I never stopped noping.

Size/Type: Large Undead (Evil, Extraplanar, Lawful)
Hit Dice: 66d12 (792 hp)
Initiative: +6 (+2 Dex, +4 Improved Initiative)
Speed: 5 ft., fly 240 ft. (perfect)
Armor Class: 51 (-1 size, +2 Dex, +40 natural)
Base Attack/Grapple: +33/+53
Attack: Touch +49 melee touch (2d6 Con drain/19-20)
Full Attack: 2 touches +49 melee touch (2d6 Con drain/19-20), eye ray +30 ranged touch (negative level damage/19-20)
Space/Reach: 10 ft/10 ft.
Special Attacks: Constitution drain, energy drain (2d4 negative levels, Fort DC 59), spell-like abilities, summon nightcrawler
Special Qualities: Abomination traits, undead traits, rebuke/command undead, regeneration 20, SR 42, DR 15/good and epic and silver, negative energy aura
Saves: Fort +22, Ref +26, Will +43
Abilities: Str 43, Dex 15, Con O, Int 28, Wis 22, Cha 42
Skills: Bluff +85, Concentration +85, Diplomacy +97, Hide -2, Jump +1, Intimidate +91, Knowledge (arcana, history, religion, the planes) +78, Listen +77, Search +78, Sense Motive +75, Spellcraft +84, Spot +77
Feats: Alertness, Cleave, Dodge, Combat Expertise, Great Cleave, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Critical (touch), Improved Critical (eye ray), Improved Initiative, Iron Will, Lightning Reflexes, Mobility, Power Attack, Quicken Spell-Like Ability (finger of death), Run, Spring Attack, Weapon Focus (touch), Weapon Focus (eye ray), Whirlwind Attack
Epic Feats: Devastating Critical (touch), Overwhelming Critical (touch), Undead Mastery, Zone of Animation
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 30
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Always lawful evil
Advancement: 67-80 HD (Large); 81-100 HD (Huge)
An atropal’s natural weapons are treated as epic, evil, and lawful-aligned for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.

Don't forget all the Demon lords and Tiamat

they also reanimate themselves as CR 11 monsters

The Kraken is sort of iffy because they lose a whole lot of their difficulty without water.

>He doesn't know about Vampire Age categories, Salient abilities, and the broken ass shit they can do depending on their strain of vampirism and what they do at Patriarch Age

A vampire can become fucking Elder Evil at age 1000, Liches don't even scratch the surface of the broken ass-shit vampires have access too, the only thing preventing them from reaching this is the fact that they're all lazy as fuck due to being CE.

The last time a Vampire was anything but CE he took over Baldur's Gate singlehandedly, waiting fo rhis army of 40,000 undead to arrive and slapped the vampire lord template on for extra measure and was a Blackguard.

Almost all of a liches shit is reliant on research, from it's salient abilities (See Forgotten realms monsters, and Van Richten's guide to Liches on this) and the power rituals it gets for being the prime receiver of the boons of the Negative energy Plane's supposed "will", even Vecna used those things to become a Deity.

Even then, there are few if any who know of such powers, post the time of troubles Magic changed and shit went whack.

Destroy? No, the Lady of Pain is already beyond such a state, but it would probably force her to do something special just to get rid of it.

Mind to give the name of source books? Is it in the archive? I am not a D&D player but i'd like to have a look at the creatures they imagined.

Immortals Handbook. It's a work of one guy, so I would strongly recommend buying it for money.

Tsathoggua is far more fucked up.
As soon as you get within his eldritch might aura you become charmed and think he is your best friend forever.

Ok, I get it
But who in their right mid would even fight this guy?
You don't even need to know his stats to know it's insane
Not murderhobos would just attack him

>>Not murderhobos would just attack him

I forgot the even
Not even would just attack him

Oh for fuck's sake
Not even murderhobos would just attack him

Liches are wizards. In most editions of D&D, wizards can do everything. The vampire can do it? The ever-living wizard has a way to do it too while doing other stuff.

Luficer has a CR of over 30 last time i chekced.

Murderhobos will attack anything, even the sky, even Allah himself.

>as you enter the room you see a 10 ft tall humanoid standing before you, he has long black hair a-
>I charge
>what?
>I said I'm charging him, he's unprepared right?

forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Layers_of_the_Abyss

It has stats so it can't win but it's sure as fuck gonna destroy most of the outlands before she manages to maze it then it'd probably destroy the maze too.

There is a real lack of CR 20+ threats for high level games. Most require you to do a lot of leg work (build a dragon, stat out npcs with class levels). Nearly all printed monsters with a CR of 20 or greater are either total chumps that die fast, or they're in the epic level handbook and there is zero chance of killing them.

Layers of the Abyss aren't actually in ordered number. Those are the numbers assigned to them when they are discovered.

So layer 51 might have never even heard of the Material plane and not even have any Tanar'ri (mortal souls) in it. Meanwhile layer 549 could be full of nothing but mortals-transformed-into-demons whose soul propose is trying to claw back to the Prime.
>Why are their gasps in the numbers

Because writers like putting meaning on specific numbers.

>are their
Are there. Sorry

I challenge you to create a cool creature with a CR over 21.

:^)

Bokrug isn't a god.

The Umbral Blot already exists.

It's a sentient, annoyed, and self-mobile sphere of annihilation that is a construct.

seriously fuck that bossfight

Oh yeah???
>Bokrug, The Great Water Lizard, is the lake-dwelling god of the semi-amphibian Thuum'ha ("Voiceless Ones") of Ib in the land of Mnar.

Am I the only one who always beats it on the first try with no problems?

Uvuudaum. CR 27.

I can only find the two books. Are there any others?

Rate my monster Veeky Forums
pastebin.com/25Hzt3jk
Also suggestions?
First time making a monster that high CR

Meh, double barrel is 4d8 if you fire both barrels

Probably a Suel Demilich, it'd bump up the danger at least, maybe give it a few Salient abilities, a Blackfire wand, age category bonuses, and 25 clones of itself pre demilichdom and you've probably got a decent fight, seeing as players won't be familiar with a Lich that possess you to rot you out and kill you.

Fun fact, Lich's can craft a ring that lets them steal people's fucking ranked skill points if the user wearing it dies, what worser way to die than to empower a villian with your skill checks?

We have the Grand Aboleth, or by 3.5, in Faerun, known as the "Eldest", a City sized Aboleth with a nasty ability that's the equivalent of Cthulu's "Drive men mad when you wake up" feature, except maybe it's only limited once a day after a use of Astral projection ends.

A quick way to make it would be to grant an Aboleth the Kaju template, translated features and Aboleth class levels, give it form of madness and Elder Evil abilities presented in Dragon magazine, and it's probably good to go.

I'd say, get the Kaju template, (DM) the Elder evils book, (3.5) and Iggwilvs demonomicon (DM) for the Demon Lord Template, Ecology of the Aboleth, (DM) and Lords of Madness(3.) to construct it.

So: Really big Aboleth-
Form of Madness
Enslavement out the ass
Astral projection and some huge broke ass Plane shift/Teleportation ability
Kaju template, or just have it at largest Size category
Those two Aboleth classes found in 3.5

Oh right, Santa/Krampus
Enslaver of the Seldarine.

So yeah, stat Krampus and you've got to fight a guy who can literally do that Enmity of an outsider crap the Deck of many things does, and immediately drop you in that flaming part of hell, and immediately enthrall anything with enough pointy ears

Then There's Proper Orcus.

As in the one that floods you with Liches, has access to a far more diverse set of spells, more relating to him, and does that shit in Neverwinter Online which was a callback to him getting annihilated as Tennebrous, so he can at will deploy Sphere's of annihilation, which when charged up with Negative energy Explode in the same fashion as that trick when you put that rod in the Sphere, except it does Necrotic/Negative energy damage. And most importantly, switches back and forth between a 10th level Pale master Tier Pseudo-undead and living form passively, and in addition to that, is literally wearing Undead Power armour, and is using his wand, and the OcrusSword.

Lucky 4e-5e's desparate attempt to make him coverboy to compete with PF had then forget his entire arsenal of anti-fun

There are two Death Knight Template in 3.5, one for the Demogogron spawned type, and another for the one Lord Soth has.

So er, give this guy the Lord Soth one + the benefits of the Default, I don't think Lord Soth's variant left anything out of the original though.

CR 22, always use this guy as the prelude to letting his master out.

>3.5 rules
Pure cancer/10

Trolling about shit mechanics aside, the monster idea is neat and I like the idea of a monstrous angel coming to cleanse the world of sin. Holy reactor is a cool name and idea too I really like the idea of it feeding off of evil energy. However, I'm fairly certain that all sphinxes are female so there's no need to note that. Your writing style is also a little weird and unclear at times so some parts I had to read twice.

I would totally steal this idea and adapt it. I'm imagining this either being a world ending event caused by the BBEG or the players mistakenly invoking one of these creatures to fight the bad guy and then have to contend with it after it decides it's best to just wipe out everything.

Thanks, glad you like it

D&D has male subraces of sphinxes, two of them in fact if my memory serves me correctly so that's why I specified it.
Though on that note, what parts were unclear? I wrote that thing a while ago and probably while half asleep (not to mention some parts I wasn't sure how to phrase in the rules) so I can understand why it might not be legible

Though yeah, the basic concept was a holy version of the Tarrasque sent down when a major god goes "Shit's fucked up, time to start over" or if things have gotten REALLY bad and it's time to go Sodom and Gomorrah on a nation's ass