EDH/Commander General

Spooky Scary Spirits edition

RESOURCES

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, so?rted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

>CARD SEARCHING

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/thunder-pussy/
youtube.com/watch?v=AytGwG9vZhw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>No thread question
You had one fucking job, user.

How about this: What is your favorite/least favorite Shard/Wedge and why?

Saying anything other than Bant is incorrect. Bant is just the best combination of colors in Magic.

Sultai, I LOVE self mill and I want to win with mortal combat

>Favorites
Bant
Abzan
Temur
Mardu
>Least favorites
Grixis
Sultai
Jeskai

Favorite: Abzan. I love removal, +1/+1 counters, and combos. There's a lot of variety among the commanders in terms of potential play style, too.

Least favorite: Jund. The only decks that aren't just different iterations of "Sac stuff for value" are the worst dragon tribal commander and several joke options.

>fav Shard
Bant, but only for Rafiq. I don't like any other Bant commanders.
>fav Wedge
Toss-up between Mardu or Jeskai, but Ghave is the most fun wedge commander of them all.

>least fav shard
Jund
>least fav wedge
Sultai

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/thunder-pussy/

would love any suggestions/improvements

>be me
>tard
>attempt to order normal size Ob Nixilis from Mtg Oversize dealer

Wow, I'd forgotten that the Lord type was around as long as it was. Was Ravnica the last block it was in?

>tappedout.net/mtg-decks/thunder-pussy/
Ah shit. Land tax
I remember when I would play with my friends. They hated me after getting into MTG.

Name a deck you can play over and over and never get tired of.

For me, it's Ghave. He has some variance, but always ends up with accidental combos.

Shard: Bant
Wedge: Temur

TECHNICALLY the last block was Ice Age because of Coldsnap, but yeah it was really Ravnica.

well done genius

Infiltration Lens and a better commander

what commander would you recommend?

>Doesn't say if they are the ones they like or dislike
>No reason given

Please apply yourself. You can do better than this. See me after class.

Jund and Sultai for favorite they are both just so metal and have fun mechanics. Esper and Jeskai are my least favorite, not necessarily flavor wise I just don't have fun with control.

What do you like most about Khemba?

lazy question, lazy answer

I'd also say Ghave, he's ridiculous but I only break him out when it's cutthroat time

Otherwise I'd say RG Wort. I packed a lot of different wincons in there and it's fun to see which one you can build to

>fav shard
I started with Alara and I gotta say Bant. Mechanics and aesthetics just feel right to me. Every time I see a card with those three colors together I get giddy. NuTamiyo made my heart soar and I've never been excited for a set like I am for Amonkhet. Can't wait to brew whatever Bant Legendary they print.
>fav wedge
Junk. I love brewing in every format in this color combo. Everything feels great value.

>Least fav
Ain't about that negative shit

Omnath, Locus of Mana. A ridiculous amount of mana and a ridiculous amount of draw combines to form a ridiculous amount of fun.

the tits

>I'm smart, I just don't apply myself lol

Middleschool sure is rough, huh champ?

Sharuum And a length of rope

No need to be rude, the question is very dull so I gave a halfhearted response. I don't know why you insist in getting all worked up over it.

Jesus Christ you're insufferable.

Want to make a naya dual commander using these two.

Primary Wincon: Commander damage
Secondary Wincon: saproling shenanigans

Plan is to keep Bruse on the back burner until I need him to give Tana DA/LL.

What are some good ways availible in naya to pump the shit out of Tana?

Anthems? Pumps her and the saps. And Bruse for that matter. I'm brewing something similar but with Ravos instead of Bruse.

Definitely want Bastion Protector.

Kessig Wolf-Run has been pretty much the win condition in my Bruce deck. It's more of a control deck, but still, seems good with Tana as well.

just making the cat tokens really, i think i was gonna lean towards Sram

anyone have any lists for a reanimator deck with yidris at the helm?

>What are some good ways availible in naya to pump the shit out of Tana?
Doublers like Gisela
Firebreathing like Captive Flame/Crown of Flames/Kessig

>Favourite Shard
Naya. I love the idea of giant beasts, I guess there's a big timmy in me

>Least favourite shard
Bant. I don't dislike it a lot, but I find Exalted boring as a mechanic.

>Favourite Wedge
Temur. I've liked the colour combination since planechase, I love Maelstrom Wanderer and decks built around him. Honorary mention to Mardu.

>Least favourite wedge
Abzan. I don't really have a reason, but I have to choose one.

Well, if you want specially cat tokens, then yeah, the Titty Kitty's your girl. If you want tokens in general Rhys The Redeemed is an easy answer, Darien, King of Kjeldir can be fun if you're really married to mono white and all of its problems, Ghave, while more combo focused, can be done as a token commander. Then there's any given Zombie tribal commander.

favorite shard/wedge: esper, because it is my favorite color combination, mainly because I like control and the first intro deck I bought was the alara/conflux esper deck.

Least favorite shard/wedge: temur. I just don't care much for the color combination.

true, but i'm more focused on the voltron aspect of the deck, and I feel like kemba allows me to have tokens and then do voltron

though sram might be better cause he gives me the card draw i really need

I am conflicted between Riku and Maelstrom as my first ever commander. Both seem rad, but I wanted some other people's opinions on the two. I just want to do some cool crazy shit and have fun doing it. Casual edh too.

Favourite Shard: Bant, Because it has fucking Rhino Time Wizard.
Least Favourite Shard: Grixis. No real reason but if I had to choose my least favourite it would be this one.

Most favourite Wedge: Temur. All three of my favourite colors in one, dragons, elves, faeries, merfolk, all the fun tribes. Plus, beat shit up with huge creatures.

Least favourite Wedge: Abzan. Do not know why. I just do not find the colour combination and style to be all that fun or appealing.

I found Riku a bit more fun as a commander, cause I loved copying rite of replication on a craterhoof

If Khemba is really what you want, don't let me talk you out of it!

Go Riku clones.

Selvala. Something about parleys really pleases me

Easy there, Satan

I will test them both out!

Post 'em?

When do you guys realize it's time to stop working on a deck or possibly break it apart?

What are some deck strategies that you aren't used to playing? If you had to pick a commander for that strategy who would you choose?

If you go kehma, leonin sun standard, khondas banner, mirror entity, are nice includes.

best commander comming through

Is it stealing if you pay for it?

Here's mine.

I usually break commander decks apart when I never use them or don't like the color combo (izzet and jund) much enough to use it a lot. I like battlecrusier magic over much of everything else.

>C15 commanders
objectively garbage

what do you guys think the theme is going to be for C17?

Sen triplets is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get.

So, I'm relatively new to this game. I do have a Teferi deck with a win con of Chain veil infinite mana with lab maniac and self draw.

How do I improve it? What do I put in?

Id probably cut the lab man win since lab man is such a bad card by itself when theres plenty of options even in mono blue, and use some combination of cards that are better by themselves, like blue sun or capsize for your wincon

2011-wedges
2013-shards
2014-mono
2015-enemy
2016-4color
C17 better be allied colors

>Favorite
>Grixis
I love the combination of tempo, discard and GY value
>Least Favorite
>Bant or RUG
Always feels like UGx goodstuff.

why are they better for wincons?

Do you read? It's literally right there in the post. Or do you really need it explained in detail why blue sun's zenith is better when drawn by itself without already having an infinite draw combo going than laboratory maniac?

Well I have both Stroke and blue sun already in my deck for the sheer draw power.

Replace Lab Maniac with Capsize.

It will let you infinitely bounce all permanents on the board. Wins you the game just like Lab Maniac would, but is also useful otherwise as well.

bant is probably my favorite followed closely by jeskai

meren and mizzax are great commanders what the hell are you on about

Id like Jeskai more if it wasn't for the Jeskai clan I think. I just don't like the characterization for some reason. I really hate that Esper took artifacts. It really should have been Jeskai. Its kind of cute that they sort of had some artifact cross synergy and themes with the Jeskai but it needed to be the full on artifact three color combo.

probably allied colors, there isnt really anything else they could make 5 decks out of on theme

Anybody have super secret spicy tech for good ol' Thraximundar? My friend is getting into edh and he loves extra spice in any deck he plays

Thraximundar is pretty boring and not exactly something you build around. I don't know what kind of spicy tech you're looking for.

Just grixis goodstuff desu, Thraximundar is kinda straightforward

>Fave shard
I don't really play a lot of shard stuff, but I guess Grixis. Sedris was fun when I played him.
>Fave wedge
Jeskai. Prime spellslinger colors and commanders that suit the strategy well. Honorable mention for Mardu and their "play speed metal and attack all the time" strategy

>least fave shard
Esper; I'm not one for control.
>least fave wedge
Sultai, for much the same reasons.

Blood artist, butcher of malikir, grave pact, dictate of erebos to make your opponent sacrifice even more stuff and benefit from creatures dying? new kalitas maybe?

youtube.com/watch?v=AytGwG9vZhw

Get rekt standard babies. Do you agree or are you wrong?

BEST ACADEMY RECTOR TARGETS

GO

>don't like the color combo (izzet and jund)

maximum pleb

omniscience

ya he pretty much hit the nail on the head, though i do disagree on pauper

omniscience
done

Pattern of Rebirth

Yeah this is good. Commander offers a lot of variety and flexibility in how and what you want to build, and you don't have to fork over tons of cash to have a fun time with friends.

post em'

Regardless of how you build a C15 commander, it always plays the same. All the precon commanders are relatively linear, but the C15 ones are probably the most linear decks you can play in the entire format. Absolute trash.
>but Cedh!
Nobody actually cares about Cedh. Mizzix and Meren are powerful commanders, but they're extremely boring IMO.

Divine Intervention

needs an update

trying to generate infinite mana of any color, and hopefully, generate infinite untaps in Naya.

woops

Jund is nothing but degeneracy and Izzet is all about either drawing a lot of cards or spell slinging. You have very little choice in what to do.

What else is there like this and Tidehollow Sculler?

>Fiend Hunter
Oblivion Ring, Journey to Nowhere
>Functionally the same as Fiend Hunter but not stack-abusable
Banisher Priest, Banishing Light, Fairgrounds Warden

>Tidehollow Sculler
Different but similar: Thought-Knot Seer, Spell Queller

I was playing around on cockatrice with a Tana and Reyhan build. Put lots of counters on tana, get lots of saprolings, use them for black sac stuff or anthem +1/+1's so i have like 20 8/8's.

If youre set on Naya, id recomend Berserk, Bravado, Sword of X & X, Angelic Destiny, Bear Umbra

You just don't like toolbox decks or spell slinging, there is nothing wrong with the commanders.

Fav Shard: Jund. fovorite colors in mtg are black, green, red. Jund fits those perfectly.

least fav shard: Grixis. Buddy in my group plays almost exclusively durtley grixis decks with no wincons exept one single combo. i guess im kinda biased

Fav wedge: Sultai. I like what black and green can do with the consistancy of blue.

least fav wedge: Mardu. Honestly, wasnt fun to play in standard and the only good mardu commander is Kaalia

>What is your favorite/least favorite Shard/Wedge and why?

Jund, because it covers 90% of all Goblins and Oozes, which are my favorite creature types. I'm a huge fan of Red and Green as well.

Are you me?

n my u/r deck I can steal creatures, copy creatures, copy spells, deflect spells, take extra turns, draw cards, wipe the board, destroy lands, burn opponents to the face, mill, go infinite and kill you in several of the before mentioned ways. how is spellslinging limited compared to casting creatures and buffing creatures? you should say that you dont like the archetype but not that its limited

In what regard?