What's the name of that feeling when you give your nephew "who likes D&D" over 2000 miniatures and a huge cache of...

What's the name of that feeling when you give your nephew "who likes D&D" over 2000 miniatures and a huge cache of adventures and box sets from across 3 decades of the game... but he never even cracks open a single adventure and just throws the entire lot into the basement where it mildews for a few months... and then his mother tosses it all in a trash bag and drops it off at the local Goodwill because "he's not interested in that sort of stuff anymore"?

Oh, right. Depression. Deep, deep depression.

>nephew
This is your mistake. Only give personally significant things to your own kids.

How old was the nephew? You've honestly no one to blame but yourself either way. Kids and teenagers interests can change so fast by the time the mom even said the words "D&D" they've probably moved on to a new hobby.

Sounds like he tried not playing DnD. Good kid, you should be proud.

man im really not here to shit on you, but this question got me in a really bad way. it tells so much about you and its not a happy tale. you obviously are an single, aging nerd, who does not even have any friends to share your passions with. if you had someone in your life, there would be a chance for offspring and we both know, you would love to give this to your son and not your nephew. you thought this would be this grande gesture, that would introduce the kid of your sister to your world, so you would not be the only one in your family with this kinds of interests. a family who obviously is disappointed in your life choices, but does not even try anymore.

im sorry man

You done fucked up.

Whenever you give anything to a kid you have to give them something easy before trusting them with anything valuable.

Like if they want an RC helecopter, you don't shell out of the $2000 gas powered awesome one, you get them the cheapo $20 one. If they haven't broken it or gotten bored, you get them something bigger.

At lest there's some nerd out there that got thousands of dollars of miniatures from GoodWill for cheap.

Seconding this. OP needs something that he just doesn't have, and it's killing him.

Oh shit, that's true.

OP, where do these bitches live? I want to poach the shit out of your gift.

>dat projection

it tells so much about you and its not a happy tale

This thread got more real than I thought it would.

How you dealin', OP?

>implying I didn't cum inside before posting
>implying I won't cum inside again in a moment

Nice try, kid

everyone here on Veeky Forums knows someone who has either got to OPs state or is on his way there. i dont have to project if i have seen this tale so many times.

>implying you're not getting the clap off that meth whore

My condolences to you and your sister.

>dat denial

Project harder. :)

I have so many miniatures from various sources that I've done nothing with, and even a few gift game books.

I just never sit down to do shit with them, and I don't have any friends interested in them. At least it gives me something to ask for when people wonder what I want for gifts.

>your sister

Eh, bitch knew what she was getting into

Why didn't you take it back? You stupid FUCK

Where do you live? I am going to that goodwill and buying you your ffucking miniatures back. I'll take some to improve my collection and you can have the rest.

OP you are an idiot and you made up this story to piss us off. Fuck you, why the hell wouldn't you just get them back???

Ding ding ding. I'd give you a cookie for nailing my situation on the head but I'm not certain you'd even eat it.

This has to be bait

A gift is a gift even if it was unwanted. I can't take it back. And even if I did, then what? Be surrounded with more useless trinkets and baubles that defined my adolescence? Do I need any of my worldly possessions knowing that every single thing I am passionate about will one day become trash when my apartment is emptied on my death? I have no one else to leave anything to, and the only ones I do don't care. I've tried so, so long to find kinship with my family through games, collectables, stories... and it has been, and always will be, for naught.

Never been better.

This. Most of my grognard friends are married with kids. But there's a couple that never did get married.

All of that accumulated nerd treasure is going to go without a home some day.

That's rough.

I hope you find a gaming group that you can bond with. Your senpai might not appreciate your hobbies, but I'm sure you can find someone who does.

what the fuck is a lone kid supposed to do with 3 decades worth of dnd material? are you retarded?

A school age kid has a better chance of finding friends to play with than a creepy old neckbeard, with the bonus of not having to spend a dime to enter the hobby.

>nephew offhandedly mentions he sort of likes DnD
>Heap all of your old shit on him without playing a single game
>thinking life just hands you sentimental crap like that.

Fucking this. At least play a game with him or something, give him a reason to actually care. Maybe he's not the kind for the history of the game, and wouldn't appreciate an older edition when all he wants to do is play 5e.

>A gift is a gift even if it was unwanted. I can't take it back.

Yes you can you mong, if they are going to throw it out. Just say "hey if your kids not gonna use the stuff I gave to him, can I have it back instead of you throwing it away?" It's to his fucking mother who's dropping it at good will for a fucking tax deduction and maybe even some money back. You don't owe that cunt anything. Fuck her. Take it back.

> Be surrounded with more useless trinkets and baubles that defined my adolescence? Do I need any of my worldly possessions knowing that every single thing I am passionate about will one day become trash when my apartment is emptied on my death?

Stop being so pointlessly fucking morbid.

> I've tried so, so long to find kinship with my family through games, collectables, stories... and it has been, and always will be, for naught.

I was lucky and got a family that liked gaming. But when they stopped, I found other friends. from scratch. Actually try and you might find a good gaming group. Stop believing the Veeky Forums lies, put some effort into finding friends.

> pic

The feels

This. OP did you even play a game with him? You can't just give kids this stuff, they just shit on it and forget about it. Try actually playing a campaign with him? Oh wait you can't because you let his mother give that shit away after just dumping it on him instead of easing him into it and creating value in his mind. Now it's mildewy, and in the garbage. Why? Because you treated it like garbage. And... 200 miniatures? Fuck you. I seirously want to know where you live so I can find those minis.

>user invents head canon
>Other user replies to it with genuine life advice thinking headcanon is real
>"Veeky Forums is the smartest board on Veeky Forums!"

I'm sorry, I don't understand your point.

I think the point is that threads like this trap the shittiest people who come to Veeky Forums, so everyone else can get on with the business of almost being a functioning board.

Don't give anything to anyone unless you know for certain they will appreciate it, or need it.

Also, find some friends.

Start/join an RPG club if you have to.
Join a LARP or 3.

That's where I met 90% of my closest friends.

I would have paid you for that junk OP...