Matt Ward isn't that bad

His rulebooks for fantasy battle were actually really good. I can't see how you could find flaw in it, they were some of the best ones ever published by games workshop.

The spiritual liege fluff actually makes a lot of sense. Why wouldn't the rest of the marines look up to the ultragood ultradevoted ultramartyr (ultramarine lol) primarch? Not only does it make sense, it's actually really good fluff. It adds a lot to the importance of the ultramarines and gives a sense of unity among the various chapters (who otherwise have no connection other than all fighting for the Emperor.)

Honestly he gets a lot of hate, and not everything he's put out is perfect, but I think he's contributed a lot to the game and really doesn't deserve the hate he gets

Bruh, did you just get off of 1d4chan? Recent events have brought to light that Ward actually isn't that bad compared to others in BL.

I agree. Hating Matt Ward is honestly nothing more than a meme, I think most people here have actually appreciated his work and don't really hate him. It's too bad, it must suck getting so much meme hate from the community you've contributed so much to.

He definitely isn't great, but yeah, his stuff isn't as bad as Veeky Forums makes it out to be

T. Matt Ward

Old meme is old. Most people I know are happy to have him back.

Dude, that's literally every poster in the thread besides you. Just how Fucking Retarded are you?

>4 posters itt, 3 if you remove the one making the mass reply in
>5 replies sucking Ward's dick
Hmmmmmmmm

The thing about matt ward codexs is that they work well when paired together, but are complete shit when paired with others

The spiritual leige is dumb,never really cared for it

>Everyone freaks out at Master of Mankind and how OP Dan Abbnett is making Abaddon and chaos
>Everyone freaks out even more when Cadia gets destroyed in the gathering storm
>Matt Ward returns
>Papa smurf returns to lead the Ultramarines and anally rape Abaddon
>mfw I predicted Matt Ward would save us from chaos wank

>8th edition
>really good rulebook
Well b8ed dude
>The spiritual liege fluff actually makes a lot of sense. Why wouldn't the rest of the marines look up to the ultragood ultradevoted ultramartyr (ultramarine lol) primarch?
Because they have their own primarchs?

It's been more or less a consensus for a few years that Ward's rules were good, just his fluff was bad

>mfw I JUST put together that Matt Wards return coincides with the return of Robot Gillyman now that you pointed it out

aaaaa AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>Daemon
>Newcrons

OP can just leave now.

I still don't really like him. But people tend to blow his shortcomings way out of proportion.

>you've contributed so much to.
Excuse me?

>His rulebooks for fantasy battle were actually really good.
single handledly destroyed and ruined 7th edition WHFB with his overpowered bullshit daemons of chaos book.

You know who needs to get fucked? The guys who wrote the DE 7th ed book

FUCK YOU

You fucked over the whole army. The ONLY good unit is reavers.

Warriors should be 7pt
wyches 6pt
so much shit needs changing
also those stupid fucking relics that don't even work on SM need to affect space marines i dont give a fuck about your lore these are magical weapons they JUST WORK unless the target is ACTUALLY FEARLESS

Time does not make Matt Ward's depredations any less severe.

To which I counter: Codex:Grey Knights

Kill yourself.

Nah. Honestly, why does it even matter this much to you though?

And why does it so much matter to you?
Ward is shit as game-designer (since all nis book, are broken, OP and stupid), and bad fluff-writter (Draigo, Ultramarines, Newcrons).

A strong codex that fixed most of the problems with the Grey Knights and had writing issues that can't be entirely attributed to him, as he worked more on the mechanics and the general points rather than the lore, which was done by someone else.

Compare to the new GK codex, Imperial Allies, where they lose cool rules and get shoved into a silly bunch of slots where they can't even team up with their inquisitor allies in the same force org anymore.

>Codex:Grey Knights
Pretty much fixed itself with 6e nerf to melee, FNP and magical wounds

>new GK codex, Imperial Allies, where they lose cool rules
It's a common theme of all 6-7e rulebooks - removing cool rules to make all armies almost the same so 13-year olds could not be confused by all those extra rules they could not memorize.

His fluff was so so but the actual crunch was always solid.

Matt... Matt! Matt. We have been over this so many times before in here, I don't know why you can't give it a rest. People don't like your spiritual liege ultramarine wankfest.They want chapters with their own proud tradition. I really, really think you should give your marysueterberation a rest in 2017.

Really. It's becoming sad.

>he doesnt know how samefagging works
pleb

eh, I've seen better troll-attempts than this
its not the worst tho

Draigo confirmed for candidate for Guilliman's upcoming project to ascend loyalist imperial heroes into Primarch-like warriors.

Time for Herohammer.

31 / 4 / 23 / 2

Ward isn't a great writer, but anyone who thinks "bduhh he loves the ultramarines and grey knights and hates everyone else" is fundamentally mistaken.
Ward's Codex writing technique is to big up the faction that it's about and show them to be The Coolest Ever; which is, you know, kind of fair enough. The spiritual liege shit is because, in the planning stages, his Space Marine codex was going to be Codex: Ultramarines, like the 2e one was.
He was also a damn sight better at writing rules than most.

Also most of his ultra want is directly from codex ultramarines

>654017▶
>His rulebooks for fantasy battle were actually really good.
Are you clinically fucking retarded? He gimped Orcs and Goblins because he didn't like writing them.
And then he went on and wrote CHAOS DEMONS 7th Edition. But he didn't stop there, because he's also responsible for 8th Edition.
Matt Ward, without hyperbole, killed Warhammer Fantasy. He might or might not have done this shit on command and he had people working with him on these atrocities, but he was the Head Designer. He's responsible.

>Ward's Codex writing technique is to big up the faction that it's about and show them to be The Coolest Ever; which is, you know, kind of fair enough.
That's why he is bad writer, and don't even try to deny that he have large Ultramarines boner, the anglo wanted to turn 40k into AoG since 5th edition
>He was also a damn sight better at writing rules than most.
Yeah that's why all his armies plays the same patterns.

>Draigo confirmed for candidate for Guilliman's upcoming project to ascend loyalist imperial heroes into Primarch-like warriors.
Ultracast Eternal Ultraknights?

Relax dude, it's nu-GW audience, they will eat anything

>51658583

That's what I said, he fucked WHFB. Now this is an actual reproach that I can sincerely give him.
Can we find solace on blaming him? Because I do.

And I am super sure he is behind the new Guilliman book coming out.

>it's nu-GW audience, they will eat anything
That's just any GW audience really.

nu-GW audience will gladly eat shit of any variety.
GW-grognards will only eat stale, dry turds.

I suppose the question everybody is asking themselves is: was Matt Ward the primary writer of Gathering Storm: The Return of the Primarch?

>Now this is an actual reproach that I can sincerely give him.
>actual reproach
>it's literally another EndTimes with following Sigmarising
>Can we find solace on blaming him?
No Matt, you are full of shit and favoritism.

>implying 40k always was bad

fuck matt ward then.
Its sad because I once met him at a GD 05 and he was really a nice guy, we talked about LOTR mostly and about easterlings. I asked for easterling chariots and we got khandish chariots instead....

Never in my mind I pondered nor I had the faintest tought that this man would be the bane of WHFB and would make so much trash in 40k.

It went from fun for what it was (Rogue Trader) to edgy shit and ruined forever (grimdork age) to extremely convoluted science fantasy (the present day). Most grognards will defend the grimdork age.

>implying 40k always wa bad