Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Painted Tau edition

>Forgetful thread
>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=Y-RRy13XQTU

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Harlequin spiked the pieeeeeee! I think I got really hiiiiiigh! I just came to look! For a book! Now I'm bleeding rainbooooooooooows.)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/12305973
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Dark Eldar! Long live the Eternal City!

It's some unholy fusion of Tau and Marine

What kind of faggot paints his Tau?

First for the Silent King!

>I2
Fuck.

R8 this list.

Thinking of maybe dropping a Ranger squad for a Dragoon and exchanging the Ruststalkers with Infiltrators (and some wargear adjustments to get points for said infiltrators).

Thoughts?

So I'm getting back in to the game! My only problem is I don't know what army to start (I like them all). Any ideas for a fun army?

I await ridicule.

Lets see which Primarch Veeky Forums wants next!

strawpoll.me/12305973

Roboute Guilliman, Imperator Secundus, claims this threat in the name of Terra and Macragge.

Yvraine is cute!

If you can find room for 145 points, you can take Cawl instead of Dominus.
If you can find room for a knight all your wargear is free.

Obviously Vulkan.

Someone post that tournament win list or whatever the fuck it was were Eldar were at first with 42 wins.

Shush, user. You will not trick me with your charms! Especially since unique characters and super heavies aren't allowed under 1000 in my store and sneaking in a Knight without anyone noticing is beyond my capabilities.

Brush up on tactical genius.

2 and 11.

It would be a nice model if it weren't for that stupid ass head dress.

If I buy one im gonna sculpt her some nice hair.

Ask for 1001 point games.

How's my list? The non-Covens part is supposed to represent the new Reborn Bladehost.

Fucking wonky ass Reaver point costs won't let me add much for 4 points.

Behold your new overlord, Phill "Non-eldar tears for his belly" Kelly

>Phill "My eldar lost a game? Now aint that a shame..." Kelly

>he got dat yvraine with the good hair

Only one man can stop him.

That shit bothers me, too. They cost 16 points for a unit meant to be taken in 3s, so you always end up with fucked up points unless you take 15 of them.

Feedback and criticism welcome and appreciated!

Hey guys, would you play my list? :^)

Post yfw Roboute Guilliman wakes up in 40k just so he can finally meet Marneus Calgar, proclaim him his Spiritual Liege, then die peacefully.

Can he save orks and nids from drowning in the Crud?

While a terrible writer I do actually like most of his codices

Help us, Spiritual Liege!

If he collects dark eldar and works on their codexes then why is it so shit?

Doesn't this require four troops?

>In our darkest hour, the Spiritual Liege returns to right the wrongs that occurred in his absence

Like pottery

At least make it legal, faggot.

All of the Codexes released around the time of the current DE book were really stripped back and simplified. GW's studio seems to go through phases where they try and reign the game in, but then slowly let more and more power and complexity creep back in. The DE's 5th edition codex happened during one of those cycles; their 7th ed in the "simpler is better" phase.

Kroot

>The real story of the 40k end times.

What you gonna do against Artillery?

Awful.

Eradicator Russes aren't really putting the benefits of that formation to use.

Vs this, I think I'd be alright

Chaos Space Marines have gotten some pretty strong and fluffy rules in the new Traitor Legions supplement. If you've ever wanted to run CSM now's the time. (Except for TS...)

Memery aside, could I please get some feedback about the list?

Got a tourney next week and still need to assemble and paint either the Dragoon or the Sicarians.

Witnessed.

Chaos babbies have no more reason to cry.

I honestly did not expect so many people to want Sanguinius

Such terrible luck...

I feel like we should have a joke codex that no one really cares about, that way they can test all their awful ideas on that.
oh wait, we already have that, it's called the Orks codex!

This guy knows his shit.

As a long time csm player I agree. You won't hear any complaining from me.

Ok, no memery, how about this?

You could run the Kakophani list from Traitor Legions.

Not exactly cheap points-wise, and good look with dealing with AA or AV14, but if you take the maximum number of units in the formation all your Sonic weapons gain +1 Strength. S9 AP3, Ignores Cover, Pinning, Shred on blastmasters is pretty fucking neato, and this list will generally make a mockery of any list that relies on Jink or other cover saves.

I am expressly forbidden from running this plus a Raptor Talon on urban maps at my store, because it's simply that goddamn annoying for my opponents to beat me. I still lose games, but I win much more than I lose.

This is extremely inefficient, I would recommend ditching the psykana and rolling with Ogryns.

>Except for TS
And word bearers, who's only real benefit is that they have an easier time bringing in units from a not-shit codex
>even in crunch they're massive cucks

As someone who plays CSM, totally agree. There's so many ways to build lists now, and some of them are really strong.

Just getting 'chapter tactics' and formations was enough really. Not quite god tier like loyalists, but plenty good.

yeah, use the Ogryn Auxilia formation, honestly

I tell ya, before Traitor Legions I felt justified in complaining. My armies basically never won and couldn't do much before turn three. Once the World Eaters rules came out everything changed. Being able to, at max, move 36" on turn one has made my life so much better.

While there are still some minor details I feel should have been fixed, and I didn't get everything on my wishlist WHY CAN'T I TAKE SORCERERS IN MY KAKOPHANI LIST TO GET +1 STRENGTH ON MY +1 STRENGTH REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I'm honestly more than happy with the book.

It puts us in upper mid/lower upper (depending on the day) and generally facilitates running fluffy lists. That's more than enough for me.

Try an army that's not shit.

>tfw Word Bearers
>the only benefit my list gets is free VotLW
>useless summoning bonuses
>Possessed as troops when Possessed are utter garbage.
GW, pls. I hate summoning. I really do.

>tfw found out that Crimson Slaughter have a relic that turns your HQ into a Daemon
WHY

Oh, absolutely. Pre-TL there's reason to complain. Post TL, with fluffy and decent formations. Nope, none. Sorry someone's favorite legion didn't get super-buffed, but before TL you were stuck playing regular Chaos Marines painted as that legion, now you can actually do a fluffy representation of it.

>And word bearers, who's only real benefit is that they have an easier time bringing in units from a not-shit codex

But they do that in the fluff all the time. That, cause mass possession, incite cult rebellions to act as meat shields, and fail to win any lasting victory over the Ultramarines are really their bread and butter.

I was already pretty happy with KDK. I could finally run marines with daemons again the way Chaos should be.

As a Batmans player, I mostly agree, though their rules are still meh. It would be nice without the "ALL RAPTORS ALL THE TIME!!!!" aspect. I just want to run my legion of cowardly murder hobos. Also, not having access to drop pods that aren't 100pts still feels wrong as NL. We don't even have any infiltration for the sneaky surprise attack.

Pros:
Stealth is sweet
Raptor CAD troops are better than CSM
Fear is good against eldar
Cheap Decurion potential even if a Warband is generally better
Decent relics with one notable one

Cons:
Fear is utterly useless against anything that isn't eldar
No bonuses to actually fighting
No pods
No surprise tactics

It's definitely better than it was because it's all free, but it doesn't feel like Night Lords.

Thats because the Crimson slaughter are batshit crazy

>do YOU hear the voices too

What would you recommend instead, the Eradicators were a cost cutting measure.

Yeah, but it means running say, a Khornate Word Bearers list, is basically impossible. They're built entirely around summoning spam, which feels a bit bland

Yes

>tfw running Khornate Word Bearers

Why

>leave kelly to me

Hench the "even in crunch"

Butcherhorde - 1250pts
Chaos Lord - MoK, Sigil, Axe of Blind Fury, Jump Pack, Meltabombs
Khârn

3x Chaos Terminators - MoK, 2x Combi-melta, Chainfist

10x CSM - MoK, 2x Melta, BP+CCWs
10x CSM - MoK, 2x Melta, BP+CCWs
10x CSM - MoK, BP+CCWs, Meltabombs

5x Raptors - MoK, 2x Melta-guns
5x Havocs - MoK, 4x Autocannons

Aux
Chaos Spawn - MoK

Do I stand a chance with a list like this? My only experience with the tabletop so far comes from watching batreps so I don't exactly have a firm grasp on power levels. I imagine I'd get shot off the board by competitive lists but could it work in a slightly more casual meta? Looking at it a second time, maybe it'd be better to have the Lord ditch the jump pack for the 3" extra move talisman?

I don't see why WB don't get anything that actually buffs Posessed or Warp Talons, seeing as how they're the only CSM Daemons in the codex, iirc.

And the Crimson Slaughter thing is weird, yeah. The WB should have a relic like that, tbqh.

I think they should have made it so Word Bearers units with the Daemon rule get the appropriate 'Daemon of' rule if they buy a mark.

So possessed with Mark and Daemon of Slaanesh for example.

Drop the multi-melta sponsons off of the Vanquishers and see where that takes you

That would be great. Vice-versa too for stuff like Daemon Princes.

>Khorne Daemon Prince with Axe of Blind Fury potentially having 13 attacks on the charge
HNNG

>yfw the Blood Angels' prophecy of a "golden warrior defending the Emperor during a battle to overshadow all others" refers to Sanguinius' return after Mephiston exsanguinates himself over the primarch's coffin and the Sanguinor inhabits the body.

Has anyone played the Imperium Superfriends list from the Fall of Cadia book yet?

I'm waiting for the book to arrive and am thinking about building a guard-central force.

What's your ideal list from the formation?

Yeah. It's be a great way to encourage a Daemon heavy list without just making them summoning experts.

>Order 3 sslyth
>They come without bases

get your shit together gw

>t. eldar player

>Lets see which Primarch Veeky Forums wants next!
Vulkan this low
you all disgust me.

I want a chaos'd out Lion

And I want the Ynnari to fight Fulgrim and exorcise the demon from him, turning him loyal again

Totally. All they'd need to do is give Warp Talons and Posessed to ignore cover for the purposes of charging and they'd be a LOT better.

Heck, if Posessed had good models and both they and Warp Talons had assault grenades, I'd totally run them.

>Daemon Prince
>Posessed
>Posessed
>Warp Talons
>Warp Talons
>Maulerfiend
>Maulerfiend
>Maulerfiend
All Khornate.

she controls the dead, not daemons

the best she could do is maybe bringing back Ferrus Mannus to give Fulgrim some of that good Iron Head

word bearers are rigid in their undivided worship, the centralized power of their warbands and their organized structures means that you don't get offshoots.
it would be counter to most facts about them to see a group worshiping one god rather than the entire group.

to become a demon, powertwink ate a planet worth of soulstones

That's what I want to do too, but I'm not sure what to do. Since they have Hatred already, I thought it would be fun to put in someone like Jacobus to give combat buffs and go for some blobs since doing First Rank Second Rank is better than charging, having Fearless, Hatred and Counter-Attack would be the perfect set up to be charged. I would probably do a platoon of Guardsmen and then do 3 squads of Scions for some mobility or capturing far objectives. Then I would round it off by doing some Wyvern and Lemans.

It's always tempting to do Coteaz for Objective Secured and anti-deepstrike stuff. Carfax also seems like an okay choice.

I'm going to try and do it with Sisters and Scions.I'll probably hate myself when the game goes down, but it's just terribly fluffy to me, and i can't resist.

There's actually like three or four Khorne dedicated WB warbands, The Sanctified actually summoned An'ggrath at Vraks.

Hilariously, the best way to represent The Sanctified's Daemonmancers would be to use a Word Bearers Chaos Lord with the WT that gives +1ML and Malefic Daemonology, plus all the WB Daemon Summoning bonuses.

I feel like Deathwatch should have gotten specific relics for dealing with each xeno race

>Phase sword that ignores Reanimation protocols
>Particle emitter that disrupts markerlights
>That one soulstone-encrusted storm shield so eldar units dont want to shoot at you
>Improved Auspex for countering GSC infiltrate

etc

Had my first game of 40k today against guard, ended up losing in the kill point scenario 8-5 but definitely had a blast. Never realized that I needed more fusion and general hight str in my list, the AV 14 on his tanks was insane. Putting crisis suits on deep strike might have also been a no go, they didn't come in for a while. He was worried about my riptide and ghostkeel but at one each and no formations they weren't too bad. Also, pathfinder die way to fast, his pieplates were just too much for my poor scouts.

Stealth suits are goddamned amazing and I'm getting more.

/blog

It be fluffy, but then you would be list tailoring most of the time you brought them.

>Except TS

Why God, why are we yet again thrown in the dirt?

Man, I just like magic. Why must GeeDubs be so cruel?

Play 30k, where TSons actually have love

Phill "Eldar best, fuck the rest" Kelly

We're the Guard, man.

We march straight through the artillery fire, and like it.

I hate summoning, which means my legion's rules throw me under a bus, mate.

Let us suffer together.

B-but user... I love Tzeentch too much for pre-heresy sons...

We can only hope, space Jihadi's

Aren't they game breakingly powerful now that Inferno's out? Like, 40k Magnus is retarded, but at least he doesn't have a 36" D bubble.

Hey DE friends, I really want to buy a Razorwing because it looks cool as fuck and would make a nice centrepiece (also considering a Tantalus for the same reasons, fuck yeah Tantalus).

Is it any good? Everyone calls the Voidraven shit but I'm pretty sure I remember reading that the RWJF is better.

I don't have an airbrush but I can paint vehicles acceptably. Will the Razorwing be more difficult?

Does anyone have either the Razorwing and/or Tantalus and want to chime in about whether it was worth it?

I'm a bit of a poorfag (not that bad really) so would rather only buy one of the two for now and I want one that will be playable and also fun to paint and all that. I asked my group and they'll let me field either, flyers don't get that much play in our group but at the local shop there's a decent number of them.