...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to BarrensNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: →
>Ganger's_Paradise.trid
>Cryme_Tyme_3_Turf_War.ar
>Cardinal_Sinless.ebook

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 15 (95% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Don't wear your favorite blue hat between MLK bvld and 63rd st.'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running big_pimpin.btl...

>Watch your back
>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Street Scum Edition

Some runners start from the bottom. Some of them never left the bottom. Tell us about where your runner came from, where they hope to be, and how they keep it real whether its slumming in the barrens or fragging shit up in a high-rise penthouse.

Threadly reminder that Humanis Did Nothing Wrong

>Tell us about where your runner came from
A shitty, dirty peasant farm in Sinaloa.
>where they hope to be
A large, opulent, quiet mansion with a sizeable yard where I can forget the horrors I have witnessed, committed and had inflicted upon me.
>and how they keep it real whether its slumming in the barrens or fragging shit up in a high-rise penthouse.
Oh please user, that would imply that I actually know any chill.
I pimp my car, drink all I can when it's not on my tab, do Bliss recreationally and fuck cheap whores.

The sad part about the setting is that the races really do need to be seperate. Societies don't work properly when the rules have to be so different for every metatype. LIfespan considerations ALONE are an issue.

>Came from
Russian state police in Vladivostok Russia.
>Hope to be
Probably dead, currently has no end goal.
>Keeping it real.
Murdering some fucking Vory all day erry day.

Not sure which thread is the main one, gonna put this here as well

#
Biolumen bones- adds a touch of flair to your voodoo shaman or toxic mage
Scent snout- helps you sniff out trouble
Electrolocation Sensory Strips- like what sharks & oher fish have
Reverable Hands- hands that can move the ligaments & bones to allow you to reverse the grip of your hand & take some Stun damage
Lion Vocal Cords- to declare that you are the king of the urban jungle
Skin Jacket- You have your skin treated to be removable like a big metahuman onesie & have a handful of other jackets grown to dofferent specifications to allow you to assume different ethnicities/sexes/some metatypes or just a different build/face
Toxin Stomach- Another stomach where you can change to it or your regular stomach. It is useful to store toxins/drugs in to be regurgitated, but can also safely store any toxin you injest (so if you thing the wine is poison you switch to the Toxin Stomach, drink it & dont feel the effects because the stomach doesnt process it, you could later puke out the wine)

Nothing sad about that, it's just a fact of life. Better for people to be separate when they have to instead of together when they can't.

Do runner teams really need dedicated infiltrators, and if so how do you build an Adept infiltrator?

>Where your runner came from
Shitty poor home, dad killed his mom for giving birth to an orc. Worked on cars and did some general bighuge guy work until he met his girl, when they started doing gangster shit together. Started a junk lot as a front, kept a reputation as crazy motherfuckers to keep the smaller gangs out of the yard. Did lots of novacoke (Read: LOTS) and enjoyed the club scene. He wanted to go more legit as he got older, rebuilding cars and selling scrap metal, maybe hire a couple younger orcs. His body's starting to give out on him because of his age, he's already had to augment his heart to keep it going, and his joints are kinda bad. Likes lifting, urban combat, and Coke and Sex Night.

What a dickhead Dad. Sounds like he's doing well for himself. Is he gonna settle down with his girl?

Has he beaten his dad to a pulp, yet?

>Do runner teams really need dedicated infiltrators

In my opinion, they are sort of like snipers: Useful in the right situations but generally unfun to use or employ. Like snipers, their job would have them apart from the rest of the team. In most cases this means that the rest of the team will be forced to cool their heels while the infiltrator does his thing because all it takes is one clumsy runner trying to default on Sneaking tests to set off every alarm in the compound (which renders the infiltrator's skill set useless as things suddenly take a turn for the loud). There is also the social infiltrator who blends into crowds and uses disguises to get into places he shouldn't be, but the same problem persists in that his job is generally going to end when somebody fucks it up for him. Also social infiltrators might as well be Faces, not to say they are mutually exclusive from one another since they use almost the same set of skills.

>if so how do you build an Adept infiltrator?

Powers like Melanin Control, Keratin Control, Kinesics, Commanding Voice, and Facial Sculpt, and Voice Control are great for Sneaky and Social Infiltrators alike. They allow you to change your appearance on the fly and talk your way out of problems if others get suspicious.

If you want to be a straight-up ninja there are some obvious thematic choices like Traceless Walk, Hang Time, Light Body, Danger Sense, Nimble Fingers, Skate, and Stillness.

For infilitrators, gear will be very important. Social Infiltrators will need proper clothing for their environments including High-Fashion Armor to help conceal weapons and increase their Social Limits. B&E infiltrators will benefit from armors that conceal their presence like a Chameleon Suit or Voidblack modified armor. Not to mention tools to help them do their jobs, whether that is pheromone perfume, climbing gear, disguise kits, etc.

And it goes without saying that proper skill placement is important.

Is his girl also an orc?

Dad dropped him on the curb and drove off when he was six.
He's ready to settle, though his girl's gonna outlive him by a couple hundred years.

Nah, pics are related.

What are the best uses for Restricted Gear? I find the idea interesting, but outside of milspec armor, there is nothing that gamechanging to get... Or maybe I'm just an idiot.

Cannons and Machine Guns are the first things to come to mind, but certain bio/cyberware can also be good. You can max out some muscle augs provided you have the proper funds.

Not to be rude or anything, omae, but I don't think you or your girl are in the right career to be dying of old age.

Where did you get the pics, by the way? Did you make them yourself?

Anything you have virtually no chance of getting in game, including foci and augs. Firearms don't usually rate Restricted Gear.

Adapsin

Johnny B. Goode, a 19 year old elven mage was born to an elven mother in the shittiest parts of Redmond, his mother died when he was nine, no one knew who his father was. Now an orphan he grouped together with other street kids, stealing & conning to survive.
He Awakened when he turned 14, made his own gang of wizkids when he was 16. He's never felt like he could really do anything worthwhile, even being a powerful mage (Rating 6) he felt like he would always be just a ganger on the street. This lack of ambition/confidence has kept him from several oppertunities to be more than he is. His gang would extort & run drugs/BTLs & he also made some money casting Euphoria for those willing to pay. Until he made he fateful decision to go to Club Titanic one night. A fledgeling technomancer elf girl, raised in the corprate enclaves of Neonet, to wealthy parents snuck out for the first time & ended up in the same club as Johnny. They met each other & fell hard for one another. This was the spark he needed to stop being apathetic, realising she came from money, Johnny decided he had better step up his game so that he could give her the life she deserved. He asked a few contacts for jobs & started his first few shadowruns. He hopes to make enough money to open up his own club, The Mana Bar, & sell booze & spellpotions. He wants to marry the girl & get his happyeverafter.

TLDR
Charming Con Artist Elf Mage started shadowrunning to impress Nubile Innocent Elf Technomancer & get some ass, open a bar & retire.

Excellent point.

Yeah, I draw them a lot.

>Yeah, I draw them a lot
well post some of this shit cause it's neat

Is a massive spirit parade a good incident to roll in from the wastelands and stir shit up?

God is dead.

Each of these takes a long time to finish, so I've only got a few more.

As in, a literal parade of Free Spirits?

Spirit pride

yes.

What groups would be willing to pay my players to disrupt Spirit Pride in some way?

Probably any that are concerned about the massive collateral damage that kind of astral incursion would bring.

Spirits are a Metasentient Species of peace, user.

I think Man-of-Many-Names did that to sack a Horizon facility once.

Tell that to the traffic that crashes into it, hovers in the air, catches on fire on fire, explodes, and turns into a block of ice.

Free Spirits have mundane forms, IIRC. They'll only freeze/burn you if you make 'em REALLY FUCKING ANGRY.

Will the new magic book make them playable?

Look at drake and AI rules, then extrapolate.

If current CGL 'quality' is any indication, they will. But they'll have the hardcore black trenchcoat, hackers only crew writing them, so any sort of playing will basically involve you getting fucked with a cactus.

So "rules to play them" but not playable.

Well, playable if you do strange things that are often a little unintutive and you may still have a silver bullet with your name on it, metaphorically speaking.

Actually, now that I think about it, Chummer does AI more freely now. Perhaps I'll see what I can do in terms of making an AI that sits back, lets mortal deckers and Technos bounce off a sky high Will and Firewall, and then see if I can actually get to do anything interesting.

>Came From
Victor, who doesn't have a runner name yet, is a mundane, unaugmented edgemonkey. Born in the UCAS, raised amongst Russian Orthodox community in Pennsylvania+Ohio. Moved to Seattle, then joined a group of people that wanted to settle outside of the UCAS in Salish-Shidhe territory.

Went well for awhile, trading and helping the tribes, right up until a group from Cascade-Crow rolled into town and killed mostly everyone. He moved back into UCAS territory, and is currently living in a hotel with his wife. His goal now is to hunt down the bastard that lead the group and take his head.

>Hope to be
A great warrior. Only uses melee weapons, throwing weapons (knives, axes, and grenades) demolitions (not as a combat skill) and his fists. Practices with (or against) various gangs.

He really wants to lead a group into Cascade-Crow territory to pillage and burn until he finds the guy he wants. After that, he wants kids.

On top of that, he wants to get out of debt with the Russian mob.

>Keeping it real
Practice and study. Loves to learn how to fight and learning about culture and meta-humanism. Donates large chunks of his income at a time because he doesn't believe in amassing wealth.

>Where your runner came from
He was a trid journo, working under one of the many Horizon media services. After having enough after each of his articles got sanitized each time more, and his views started to clash with the company, he found himself in worse positions everytime. After they sent him, personally, to report in the middle of one of the war on Bogota. Lost his arm, and all his pride, and a lucky "Underground worker" saved his life.

As a thanks, he decided to make something good with what he had left. Using the few contacts he had left, and with help of the new friends he made and their contractors, he was part of the leak of the big H, that showed the Corporate Court and the public the atrocities committed by Horizon in Vegas and Bogota.

He went underground for a few years, surviving of his savings, but even those didn't last forever. Now lives off his runs in the dark, but still has time for hobbies. Making his own pirate radio, no matrix needed, where he plays old jazz and some rock, for the crazies and the few runners in Seattle who know that the waves never ended.

>Where they hope to be
He wants to make a life of his own. He found the shadows comfortable, most people are a lot more honest than in corpland, and a lot less backstabber. He has been clean for almost a year, Novacoke and Psyche, and wants to keep it that way. Even if he is a bit on the older side, he wants to have a family, no matter what kind he can find. He has been surrounded by masks and scum for far too long.

>How they keep it real
Besides giving airtime to anyone willing to be heard, putting jams from before everything was synthetic, and taking everyjob where he can one up a corp, he mostly tries to be proud of himself, not trying to prove anything to anyone other than to his own heart.

>Tell us about where your runner came from,
Pre-awakening dinosaur forced into military service as one of the recently Awakened, then knocked into a coma. He was born in the early 1900's and was a doddering, senile old man when the Awakening came around. They were rolling him out in a wheelchair and telling him spirits were kids on his lawn. It worked. Eventually he got knocked into a coma and didn't die of old age; we fluffed it as a secret spirit pact. He was a bit more physically capable when he 'woke up' during a run by the rest of the team into a long term care facility. They tried to hide. He just kept finding them.

>where they hope to be,
Well, he's got a serious case of senility, so anywhere that isn't with all these kids and their new age rock music and magic holograms. One of the three other team members is usually on old man wrangling duty. He's looking for somewhere a nickel will buy you a steak and kidney pie, a cup of coffee, a slice of cheesecake and a newsreel. With enough change left over to ride the trolley from Battery Park to the polo grounds.

>and how they keep it real whether its slumming in the barrens or fragging shit up in a high-rise penthouse.
Once a week they stick a tracker SIN on him. They usually find him trying to start some sort of business. A good thing he can cast radiation barrier, because he keeps wandering into glow city. Yes, I'm basically running a magical Mr Burns. I'm thinking when he Initiates I'll get him an Ally Spirit in the form of Smithers, the one he pacted with.

Er, stick a tracker on him, since he has a valid SIN, and let him loose in the city.

>From
Wage slave parents working for NeoNet.
>Wanna end
Able to live a quiet life away from all the bullshit that being an Operator Adept brings.
>Chill
Underground runner bar with his friends. He also lives there.

What new magic book?

Forbidden Arcana

Any news on that techno book?

You realize that was almost literally, word for word, what racists of the past would've said, right? Not even saying you're wrong necessarily.

Would you run with this street sam?

>Forbidden Arcana, an advanced book of magic rules. It has new traditions rules, new ways of doing blood magic, some Mastery rules to provide advanced ways to specialize in magic, and more.
Supposed to be out in March.
>Something something book about trogs and orks, something something
Still being worked on. I've heard about some neatish stuff that'll be included, but no eta on a release.

Yeah, I know. It's sad because such a huge chunk of the Shadow-setting is all about "rawr, stick it to the man, anti-racist now!" (Yeah, I know about humanis and the like, but they get less air time, and the atrocities the 'good' groups commit get less airtime). But it's different when lifespans range from 30-400, and some of them are 10 feet tall and capable of bench pressing small cars, or others are so small that they spend a good chunk of their income making the world liveable.

By appearance alone? No. He's got no armour, a chainsaw, and a frown to protect himself in a fight

>what is dermal plating
>what is armor jacket
I'll give you the frown.

Probably orthoskin, since dermal's a bit more obvious.

He's clearly wearing an armour jacket and has an oversized cyberarm with an extreme implant weapon. I can't see him doing any stealthy infiltrations, but if you need some intimidating muscle, he'll serve.

Fair.

Related: How the hell do you do modular cyberlimbs in chummer? I'm trying to set it up so I can swap out a hand (or lower arm, as the case may be) with an extreme implant weapon.

Okay Chummers I need help. I mistakenly let one of my players be from the S-K Moonbase.

Now I need to find a reason why she woke up in Sans Francisco SURGE'd, covered in combat augs with bad case of amnesia.

So far I've been thinking she got caught up in a plot against S-K and she eventually needed out, but other then that I'm drawing a blank here guys.

CFD.

Trials to see if SURGE (and possibly other high-mana dependent stuff) can be triggered by sudden changes in mana level and gravity.

The augs were planning going overboard, as was the amnsia.

Headcase infectee. Kicked out of the base pre-mass infection, tracked by S-K to see what she does or to see if headcases congregate. Pattern recognition data buildup. Talk to her about it - she'll get some minor advantages as a headcase to make up for the fucking hassle of being an S-K trackee.

Failing that, she surged because she'd been up so long that the mana levels on earth had changed significantly. When she returned, she SURGEd. The process was traumatic and damaged her memory. The augs.. no clue. Call some of them replacements of the medical variety by SK to counter the long term effects of microgravity. The more aggressive ones can either be an S-K experiment, or you can run a quick pre-session where she does a job and gets a few bolted on.

Came down for R&R. Made a pact with an potent spirit - dream or something. Spirit used memory spells on her because fuck you. Triggered the SURGE. The spirit wanted to see what it was like to get augmentations, so paid for them to be installed.

I'd need to do some more research on CFD first before I consider that. Can you be un-CFD'd? Can the AI infecting you uninfected you?

The reason why I ask is because I was planning on pulling a Transistor with the gun having an AI in it that knows more then she does.

>Can you be un-CFD'd?
There's one official way, and one legit RAW but otherwise unmentioned IC way.

The former is only useful in specific cases, while the latter will work so long as you don't consume anything and get regular use of the nutrition spell - you basically wait for the nanites to die and be excreted naturally. This can be sped up by blood filtering, chemicals, electroshock therapy, and some other methods that are mentioned IC, but won't *completely* remove the nanites by themselves.

No. The nanites make a permanent physical change to your brain and dump in chunks of personality. It's not even an AI. Not always. Just say the CFD fucked up and erased big chunks of memory.

There is no cure for CFD, period. You're dead. Hell, there's barely a viable way to slow down infection.

Before they make permanent physical changes to your brain, they have to get themselves set up and work on it slowly. Even if you don't stop the process, it's possible to come out of it with a merged personality rather than a overwritten personality.

Fucking love it.

Currently you kind of don't. Haven't figured out a way to implement the modularity without requiring a rewrite of how Essence is handled.

Have the modular shoulder/elbow/wrist/hip/knee/ankle require essence, then purchase the limb itself as a mod/attachment to that?

>no mention of being able to play a guitar like he was ringing a bell
you had ONE JOB user

why no chance of getting a focus through gameplay? dont you just need to find a decent talismonger?

Hey yekka I just got the newest version of chummer5 and all knowledge specializations are coming up as Chummer.ListItem

>There is no cure for CFD, period

But thats fucking wrong, you trogger.
Go and read ChromeFlesh. ctrl+f for "Echo" to save you some time.

Except you're the one who's wrong, chummer. The best you can find, even in Chrome Flesh, is GM fiat that states a specific (and uncommon) strain might be curable sometimes if you really, really don't want to be a headcase and your GM is a pussy.

Supplements dealing specifically with CFD just tells you no, the best you can do is slow down infection, but there is no cure. Much like HMHVV, you're fucked. An AI has rewired your brain and you are dead.

Who's the QT, chummer? What're her stats?

>FOR NOW.

>Chemicals: kill all soft nanites dead.
>Electricity: stuns nanites.
>Procedures: (blood filtering, etc) decrease nanite volume (NV) by half, round up, to minimum 1.

>As long as the head case ingests food, the nanites are able to create soft nanites at a rate of +1 NV every week. If the head case can eat some inorganic materials, the nanites can create hard nanites at the same rate.

>That means a feeding head case increases their nanite count at a rate higher than the degradation of old nanites (–1/month), which are often recycled if they have not been flushed from the body by injury or waste evacuation.

Newer books beat older books

>uncommon
It talks about all xenosapient descendant CFDs

Sorta irrelevant anyways, since your "there is no cure" is factually wrong.

Interacts weirdly with cyberlimbs. It's not insurmountable, it's just not something I've thrown a lot of development time into. Current sprint is basically just keeping up with fixing the shit the other devs broke before the next scheduled stable update.
Motherfucker. Alright, hang on.
Marceline Liu.

>Adapsin

This is a very very bad trap option and should never be taken. 10 Karma for restricted gear + 30000 Nuyen for Adapsin and all you save at most is a meager 0,39 Essence. And this is only true if you don't take a single additional piece of Bioware.
If you want to save essence, grab Biocompatibility and/or Prototype transhuman.

Very few things are worth the 10 Karma.
Things that are:
- Pain Editor
- Highest rating power focus possible
- Move-by-Wire 2 Alphaware (or maybe Rating 3 for very specific builds).
- Rating 3 Synaptic Booster (highly debatable, lvl 2 is ususally enough)

Oh, hey, it's happen to somebody else. Does yours also not happen to properly categorize knowledge skills when you select one?

So, besides the Infrasoundgenerator from ChromeFlesh and the custom ballistic mask, are there any other Gadgets to improve my Intimidation rolls?

Inbuild voice warper for the mask. Personalized weapons and vehicle/drone army.

You want a CFD cure, the user mentioned it earlier. Regular nutrition spells and someone to keep you locked up until the nanites are out. Daily chemical treatments should be able to keep soft nanites down, maybe make the end of month NV-2. Combine with routine pulse spells and tasings. Probably cured at the end of the month.

Books specifically state that doesn't work, though. You can only be cured by GM fiat if he decides it's xenosapient and you have the genetic and psychological profile necessary.

Sorry nerds, but the books state that no matter how clever you think you are, you can only delay it.

Where, though?

Its amazing how you apparently can't find the simplest information in any 4th or 5th edition printed books.

I want to know a detailed breakdown of the Aztlan Military - units, ranks, gear and equipment used - and its apparently something that hasn't ever been written down - except for maybe a setting book from 2nd Edition?

Or am I just missing hidden info between the lines in the War! book?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Might be in Shadows of Latin America or Fields of Fire.

If i pull that off, will you die?

>why no chance of getting a focus through gameplay? dont you just need to find a decent talismonger?
It's not that there's no chance. It's that really good foci are hard to acquire.

Whats with the massive price hike for Bioware between 4e and 5e? It's anywhere from a small hike to several times the previous pricing. Did they think Bioware was too powerful for its pricing?

Is that Jack from Anarchy Reigns? Cause if so, then yeah: I'm already playing him!

That's his MADWORLD incarnation. So you were playing him some flesh replacements ago.

And a slightly different extreme implant weapon, too, but after a certain point double vs single chainsaws don't matter too much.

Is it worth having a holdout when I have no skill in it, just for situations where concealment might be an issue?
Is it worth having a backup gun? I don't know how common it is for your gun to break/lose a gun

Is the guy who made Badger around? Never got the chance to properly thank him.

yes and yes.

I hope that character actually gets played someday, just so that we can hear the stories.

Who?

Badger was a challenge gave me to make a legitimate character while randomly rolling a Surge III character. I wrote up a concept and he liked it so much he actually built him.

as for (Assuming you're the guy, at least)

I really like how he turned out as a combat monster, and as a guy who somehow can detect people on almost every frequency in the game. The only thing that rubs me the wrong way is that he has no dice in using his tail, unless a GM would let him use it as 'unarmed combat' since it IS a limb for him.

Just spend those two karma on one level of pistols.
Low cost, high utility.