Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

THREAD TOPIC: What is your favorite obscure deity in pathfinder? Your favorite minor deity?

>HELPFUL TIP: If you want to ask for advice or information on a build or character, explain what sources (1st- and 3rd-party) are allowed and if you already have a theme or concept in mind.

Unified /pfg/ link repository:pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2:docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1:docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2:docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3:docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/68106/volorexis-streets-of-cantha
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67687/the-sultanas-hot-slave-harem
archivesofnethys.com/Deities.aspx
pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Category:Deities
d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/v/visualization-of-the-mind
d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/dragons/wyrm-calligraphy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So to start of the thread I have a question.

What /pfg/ games are currently recruiting? Which ones actually look like they may see play and won't just have an absent GM?

Bathe Yourself In Blood has an active GM. Crusaders and Pirates game both have absent GMs. Wrath of the Raunchy seems to be able to get off the ground. Shattered Star might as well.

So what I am seeing is:
>Might actually start
Bathe Yourself in Blood
Wrath of the Raunchy
Shattered Star

>Likely Bamboozles
Fookin' Sky Pirates
Crusaders n' Shit

Is there anything I'm missing? Also this is not an invitation to start drama

>minor deity
Is Groetus minor?

Besmara best goddess.

> Mostly just in the deity business to cause horrible bloody conflict
> Praying to her is mostly a crapshoot on whether she bothers caring about you
> Pirates tribute to her to avoid her as much as ask for her favour

If you don't play with literally every god ever printed for D&D in effect somewhere in the world you're a scrub.

If you don't play with different churches and interpretations for each major god, up-to-and-including alternate alignments for that god, you're a double scrub.

>favorite obscure deity
I really like that they made the elder fey on par with deities for all intents and purposes.

Achaekek and Lymnieris

Honestly I sort of see the same thing. It is sad that Paizo doesn't want to expand upon the powers hidden away on the moon having an eternal war with demons.

Most of them are still around are probably both immortal and nigh unkillable. It makes think of something similar to The Taken in The Black Company, but on a more high magic stage.

Fen'harel.

A lot of people you can worship and get spells from aren't dieties. Examples including:
>demon lords
>infernal dukes/archdevils
>daemon harbingers/horsemen
>empyreal lords
>elder fey

Non-deities outnumber deities for things you can worship for spells.

Yep. Too schizophrenic and psychotic and involved in rivalries with each other and their wars to even notice Azlant is gone.

Bigger list:
>Ahirman
>Archdevils
>Arisen
>Asura ranas
>Demon Lords
>The Eldest
>Elemental Lords
>Empyreal Lords
>Four Horsemen
>Golbin Hero Gods
>Infernal Dukes
>Kyton Demagogues
>Malebranche
>Primal Inevitables
>Protean Lords
>Psychopomp Ushers
>Kami Lords
>Rakshasa Immortals
>Whore Queens

Demigods vastly outnumber gods in pathfinder.

They're probably going to have to address the issue of the moon when Starfinder releases, though how useful the post-timeskip information will be to Pathfinder is up in the air

Andoletta. I like that there's a firmly LG version of the "weird old grandma out in the woods" archetype, since Baba Yaga's been pegged as totally evil.

>Desna
>Totally a lovecraft level elder god masquerading as something relatable.

Doesn't that also apply to Nyarlathotep's various disguises, the Black Pharaoh and so forth?

Doesn't mean she's not benevolent.

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/68106/volorexis-streets-of-cantha

Is still accepting applications up to Monday for the Wednesday slot. Thursday is already full.

There's also...
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67687/the-sultanas-hot-slave-harem
Which, I have strong doubts about, but the DM has been posting recently.

Where is a list of the gods and demi-gods for Pathfinder? The Paizo list under Clerics doesn't have much.

Luckily there's Achaekek to keep the scum in line.

Archives of Nethys will have the best source, I think.

archivesofnethys.com/Deities.aspx

pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Category:Deities

I really like the fey gods and am mildly assblasted that they've become a part of the latest optimization bullshit factory.

Except Ranalc or whatever his name is, he can die in a fire.

That art can't be genuine.

>optimization bullshit factory
Explain?
If it's feysworn that doesn't make sense, since it can be revoked at will?

Might be talking about Mahgd's fae obedience.

F E R O N I A
E
R
O
N
I
A

I am, yeah.

It certainly can be. They had fun with the anti-paladin. There's another one of them kicking some small animal.

It looks nice, +4 on int skills is nothing to sneeze at, but is it so good?

It was a pig.

Hey guys, Dragonborn DM here. So I'm thinking of creating a monster for my next session that's essentially a Cloaker but replacing a lot of the usual stuff it has with Construct Traits and giving it the Sleeper Hold feat so it can knock out the PCs after a few rounds of them struggling with it. Does this sound like a good encounter for a group of decently built level 3's?

that's +4 on like 14 skills for a single feat, and that's not even counting the fact that it's incredibly easy to swap most charisma-based skills to int, as well.

Do improved familiars give the character any bonuses? Doesn't look like it, and even if the new familiars are good and capable on their own somewhat they're still not too hard to kill and for someone like the Witch it mean you can lose your spell book easily still.

You can get it, as an investigator, to 20 skills.

>Likely Bamboozles
>Fookin' Sky Pirates
The DM has disappeared before and eventually resurfaced. Granted it was only 3 days and not a week, but... here's hoping?

Skill Focus might not be such a good feat, but one feat to get Skill Focus 14 times is much better.

With traits alone you can UMD, Diplomacy and Bluff, Intimidate, Heal, or any one Charisma skill working off Int.

That's why you get something with invisibility and other ways to get out of combat if your GM likes targeting your spellbook.

That being said, if your GM wants your spellbook dead, he's going to kill it.

>yfw Seelah ends up getting [ANTAGONIZED]

Totally is. It's in Unchained.

Thinking about the tidepool dragon. Faerie dragon looks nice but the tidepool attracts me way more.
The nosoi seem cool but rather useless, sadly.

Wasn't easy!

Wait, so if you pull pragmatic activator or that other talent that lets you do int for cha skills does it mean that buffs like tears to wine which usually only buffs int/wis skills now work with previously cha based skill?

Nosoi are adorable and that's really all that matters - but they also get at-will invisibility, flight, immunity to death effects, and the ability to shapechange into a more unremarkable bird to hide.

If you're using int or wis to roll them, they are an int or wis skill, yes.

Of course, user. Hey, want a +5 untyped bonus while you're at it?

d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/v/visualization-of-the-mind

But the tidepool dragon is cute too. It automatically grabs if it attacks and can spew a small line of fire from its mouth. Can also do some cantrips with a CL4

I guess this is why 2hu wanted blood money

Christ, at least they were kind enough to make this 2nd level.

>it automatically grabs if it attacks

Son, if your spellbook's attacking, something has gone horribly, horribly wrong.

Another adorable choice: d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/monster-listings/dragons/wyrm-calligraphy

It is precisely why 2hu always asks about Blood Money, yes.

Huh, never seen that one. But what about a pipefox? Seems adorable as hell.

Its modes of movement and spells/spell-likes aren't as useful, I feel, and the fact that you have to hunt one down and get it to pledge service to you instead of just handwaving it can make it difficult for GMs.

That's what I thought. But the calligraphy wyrm also can't really escape or anything. Maybe it can change into a pen to hide on your person but that seems about it. The ink spray with a DC 13 doesn't feel like it'd hit much of anything and having such few spell casts feels like a big problem.

Isn't Magd the one that's all about fucking like animals and then dying like animals?

Why do so many people seem to forget a core tenant for a min-maxed character using that obedience is being a vicious little pillow-biter?

the disguise, improved initiative, and a 80 ft fly all help. Again, you shouldn't be using your familiar to fight if it's your spellbook; its focus should be getting the everliving fuck out of dodge.

That's Lamashtu and/or Erastil

No, Magdh is the vague FATE AND PROPHECY one. The obedience is literally tossing some stuff into a bowl and looking at it.

It sounds like you want to introduce your creepy rape fetish fantasy into the game.

Well, shit. Call me an idiot, because I was thinking of the Green Mother.

I'm sorry what.

Visualization of the Mind + Tears to Wine + Fey Obedience nets you a total +11 to all int based skill checks at level 3 for 3 spell slots.

For knowledges one can easily pump them all to +25 at level 3, which is enough that on a take 10 you identify CR 20 rare creatures on sight. You know about anything CR 10 or below in excruciating detail. You can name the heraldry, titles, and ancestors of every noble in the world. You can recite the name of every commander in battles that occurred 500 years ago. You know why kids love the taste of cinnamon toast crunch.

What about the best hug in pathfinder has you confused?

vore fetishiests are the worst.

>mfw people going through all that pain to optimize
>mfw you could just grab Avowed and take the Clause that gives a +6 to all Knowledge skills

vore-finder

late to the party, bro, we've already had all the 'I want to be a kitsune gingerbread witch and eat people!!!' bullshit months ago.

Eh, you can't be faulted for not memorizing all of PF's obscure-ass gods

You know the story of Hanzel and Gretel and the witch that wanted to gobble them up?

It's intended as a reference to all those stories about witches and whatnot trying to eat children. Skeevy as all hell, but it's been around for a little while now.

That seems like an odd assumption that I can only assume stems from being on this board too much. I also plan on including other constructs that are going to recreate stuff like those floor tiles from LoZ and possibly a normal mimic. Plus plenty of traps, after all this is taking place in an area that used to be owned by a sneaky thieves guild-like organization.

But then I'd have to be a Charisma based fuccboi

Also avowed fluff sucks donkey dick.

If it was just knowledge it wouldn't be a problem. Irori's dedication already did that.

It's EVERY KNOWLEDGE SKILL PLUS WHATEVER CHARISMA SKILLS YOU'RE SCAVENGING BECAUSE CHA CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS that's a problem

>*every intelligence skill

fuck I'm tired

Well now I'm between a nosoi and calligraphy wyrm. Do you know of the nosoi's haunting melody ability can be blocked with something like ear plugs? I can see it easily used offensively by having it fly somewhere above out of sight and singing to fascinate enemies.

>EVERY KNOWLEDGE SKILL PLUS WHATEVER CHARISMA SKILLS YOU'RE SCAVENGING BECAUSE CHA CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS
Charisma gets plenty of nice things. Saves. Initiative. AC. Attack and Damage. Hit Points if we're using DSP stuff.

Let me write this out in different words to you.

You want to introduce them

to a monster

That turns invisivble

and chokes them

until they pass out

and once they're all passed out

what is it going to do them?

Rape.

It just screams of someone who wants to rape, and I highly suggest you seek consoling before you actually go out and rape someone.

Getting things as class features is a higher opportunity cost than getting them as feats.

You can get Charisma to HP in 1pp if you turn yourself into an intelligent undead that retains class levels, the easiest in the juju zombie.

Earplugs give +2 to the save, but wouldn't give immunity.

Pathfinder is full of shit like this.

Where's that Mythic monster that impregnates people (of both genders)?

Might need to find a better way then. Shit, I can't decide between a cool and adorable bird with a cooler mask or a cool and adorable golden dragon that can turn into a pen and make secret pages.

>Also avowed fluff sucks donkey dick.

Avowed have endless variation in fluff, user. What's wrong with being empowered by a powerful being?

Speaking of Avowed, is William from Nioh an Avowed (Fae) or a Medium? Saoirse is pretty explicitly his Guardian Spirit, but he seems to be able to cycle through them at will.

Do Cloakers turn invisible? I thought they just had a really good stealth check to look like a cloak. Regardless, I can only assume from your needlessly hyperbolic statements and >implying that you're trying to bait me, which, past this reply, I will not dignify with any further responses.

MY WORK HERE IS DONE

Too bad there's a lot of overlap in their theme, so you can't go 'which suits your character's personality best' either.

>. What's wrong with being empowered by a powerful being?
It makes your character a lazy bitch that owes their assent to a handout from daddy.

Yeah I can very easily see my character wanting the nosoi due to how cool it is but also wanting the wyrm because she needs to write better, and it being so tiny and easy to carry is like the current scorpion.

>He doesn't want to be a cutie patootie launching eldritch fire from his fingertips, empowered by his nymph girlfriend

Do you hate clerics, sorcerers, oracles, witches, druids, mediums, occultists, and inquisitors, too?

>he doesn't want to conjure fire through his own force of will and not some dumb contract.

I can't help you there, user, because every time I get the opportunity to have a familiar, I have the exact same problem.

>do you hate
>clerics
>Oracles
>Witches
>Mediums
>Occultists
>Inquisitors
Yes

Sorcerer's are just working a natural part of their own being and don't count.

Oh yeah, and Druids. Hate those too.

But since it's in their blood, they're literally getting their powers from mommy and/or daddy!

Do you get angry when a player is gifted a mighty blade from a grateful king? After all, the player is only becoming powerfuler through a handout.

>But since it's in their blood, they're literally getting their powers from mommy and/or daddy!
Don't be facetiousness. That would include everyone alive.

Also they can just be the product of random mutation.

>DM gives me exp and gold coins for killing monsters

Stupid faggot thinks i need his charity

Actually, you can make yourself STR or CON-based now as an Avowed instead of CHA!

Why Oracles? They are cursed and fucked over by the gods for the most part. Their powers come from understanding of the gods being a bunch of pricks.

Shit, this is tough. I wish the GM would allow 3rd party feats so I could get the one that lets you have a second familiar with no problems.

But looking at the nosoi, if its invisibility is at will then can it stay permanently invisible?

That's called Self pact. That's called Nation pact. That's called Elemental pact, where your union with the Elemental is symbiotic.

That's even called Fae pact, when you're juiced up with moonfire after rescuing a deathly ill Hamadryad from tree-rot! Are you a bad enough dude to save a Hamadryad?