Infinity General: Tigger Soldier Edition

Infinity is a 28mm scale futuristic skirmish game by Corvus Belli where the Chinese drop troops are jumpy bumpy clumpy thumpy FUN FUN FUN FUN FUN!

>All the rules are for free. Buying the books is only relevant for fluff:
infinitythegame.com/archive.php

>Catalog where you can look at pretty pictures of the miniatures you're thinking of getting:
catalog.infinitythegame.com/

>Rules wiki (now updated with HSN3 content):
infinitythewiki.com/en/Main_Page

>Rules Wiki Offline Backup
mega.nz/#!Dxs3VbKQ!_tRgLeIszkdMBvnpCFE4xHELtngLRL26cexppwmAIws

>Official Army Builder:
army.infinitythegame.com/

>Token Generator:
inf-dice.ghostlords.com/markers/

>N3 Hacker Helper:
captainspud.com/n3hacking/

>Batreps:
youtube.com/#/playlist?list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXlOUh545nq21WQaW7YxuGc

>Terrain:
pastebin.com/Hy9SRkmJ

>Faction Rundown:
mediafire.com/view/mqaaf5fosmti5b4/Infinity_Faction_Rundown_v.1.3.rtf

>All Consolidated Rules:
mediafire.com/?xm5aqb4sdx4g446

>Operation Icestorm Scan (beginner missions)
mega.nz/#!AkkG0ZZA!CE-YzCWIWVROcSnnlkZI8SMWxWoNb1LkFbWI-LamYR8
>Operation Red Veil Missions (brought to attention it's missing pages) www84.zippyshare.com/v/xjlY6Mip/file.html

>The RPG Kickstarter
kickstarter.com/projects/modiphius/corvus-bellis-infinity-roleplaying-game

>WIP Tactica
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Infinity_Tactics

>RPG Character Creation
infinity.modiphiusapps.hostinguk.org/

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9n62ccRjlnY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

m.youtube.com/watch?v=9n62ccRjlnY

Meh. Also, isn't that the same pose as the Govad HMG.

Horrible pose. I will never be a fan of poses that showcase weapon+pistol or sword in both hands. Ruined the Black Friar for me.

Jesus, and they said scale creep is not a problem.

With Tohaa ... go for their hooha.

Hey user, want a more challenging request?

Do dog warriors get affected by stun ammo? It says they don't have to make a BTS or guts roll but would that mean they can just choose to ignore it?

Stun is exotic, so total immunity doesn't apply.

Not a fan of that Sukeul, but like the design as a whole.

Or has it been changed?

Whoops, I blanked and forgot that stun is BTS but this says no ARM.

Why does it even say ARM?

Oooooh I see, it doesn't force the user to make ARM rolls but they do have to make the two BTS rolls, thanks user, this will be super useful in taking down dog warriors

It's one of those weird cases where a rule was completely overhauled in HSN3 but related rules from vanilla N3 weren't changed to fit. The total immunity description states that stun ammo does not cause ARM or guts rolls, but the new stun ammo causes neither, being a BTS weapon and bypassing the guts roll. I play it as stun ammo working normally against total immunity.

Future proofing for Stun Combis that 0-12 will have.

Old stun ammo pre-HSN3 was just normal ammo that couldn't kill people. It got changed, but the total immunity description didn't.

Why have two weapons out when not one of them aims in the direction of the enemy? It looks dumb.

I don't have internet at home only at work.But thanks for trying to help anyway.

Apparently the fucking oyoroi pilot is available in Luxumbra's KS. Not sure if it's exclusive or not...but it's fucking bullshit

So infinity is dying?

No, it's a Luxumbra KS by Angel and some of the Sculpters

It's not growing so much. In retrospect, though N3 brought in so many cool new things, they probably missed the boat by not reforming the game more radically and trimming some of the rules/gear bloat to make it more accessible.

That's exactly what they did with N3, though. The problem is that whenever anyone at Corvus Belli has a cool idea, they put it in the game. It's awesome because it means we constantly get new cool shit, it's shitty because it makes an already complicated game even more complex.

I hope it is a situation where it gets generally released later like the HVT's or Musashi

>it's a Luxumbra KS by Angel and some of the Sculpters
But they using Infinity, it means CB doesn't have money for such project so they forcing to beg for monies on Kickstarter

It's *authorized* by CB, not an infinity specific thing, much like the RPG

A company not being willing to blow money on a side project that may not have a big audience != Said company not having any money

What?
Kickstarter just lets them make an idea with like minimal risk, plus it lets them see what their customers want. It's an excellent idea all-around.

>le kickstarter is begging meme
It's been established that it's a smart way to start a business, you simultaneously generate starting capital and find out just how marketable your idea is in real life

Really don't think they went far enough - there are still common rules which don't need to exist (paramedic, terrain specific?), rules that are just combinations of two other rules, rules that are unneeded tiny variations on other rules, fluff distinctions like cube or shavastii that they only partially and feebly carry over into the game and endless minute weapon distinctions which turn the inherently fiddly business of rangebands into a newbie nightmare. A new edition should have razed that stuff to the ground, made a firm decision on the intent question and cut the failed spec ops project altogether.

It blew up and shrank again because the community is kinda shit at easing in new players.

Also the rules have so many clauses and conditions that a lot of the saturday casuals really don't like it.

Also CB didn't support the one army that made them blow up (USA) so a lot of those players got salty and stopped playing.
People with multiple armies were fine, but most of the new players I saw already quit again.

I wish it was, maybe the Colombians would end their siesta and get to work to make this game great again.

Cube matters for Sepsitor filthy human.

Go play Age of Sigmar, it did exactly what you want.

It is exclusive in this version, we'll get a shitty alternative one a year later. I'm pissed off because it's the best looking pilot and the only one I actually want.

There are enough games for retards out there. Leave my infinity alone.

This is not true. They have had consistent 20% growth every year. In my local area we doubled since N3HS.

O-Yoroi Kiddo Booty.

>Kiddo Booty
Worrying

THREAD BUMPIN'

So eventually Tunguska is going to come out and with that their own big guy S5 HI. My question is what should they have? Its russians with loadsa dosh to buy really good shit. TO? Holoprojector? AD: Combat Jump? Expensive bullets from Rodina?

The Kriza need to do something the other HI dont. Grrls are efficient as link, fast, but lightly armored. Brigada are more or less standard HI template that dont afraid of anything. Taskmasters are Nomad board control personified. And Geckos are sturdy shields to support your other troops.

I think an assault/killer hacker profile is almost a given.

They had X-visors in the old 1e picture, but they sure as hell weren't S5 there so there's no guarantees.

I'd put my money on ODD/TO camo

Yeah, that feels likely.

They could still have that, I had forgotten about that little bit of info. And combined with That is atleast a pretty potent offensive capability.

This would almost make the Kriza into an HI Intruder. Fucker is gonna be expensive to field.

It fucking sucks. Inhave zero fucks to guve about busts. Hopefully there will be a miniature only pledge level

How does playing the Ariandnan frenchies as my starting army to infinity sound?

Kinda fell in love with how all the models look especially the Para-troops they have.

>Drop USAriadna unto the masses
>Conveniently leave the bad ass sniper/HMG mech trooper
>Minutemen still missing
>Other profiles for other troops still missing

Fucking sweet gee thanks corvus belli and your mind boggling priority for releases.

MRRF are sweet. Margot an Duroc are super fun.

They dropped the bikes early because bikes are fucking cool and bring in new players. I got a guy hooked on Kum alone.

>mind boggling priority for releases
The release schedule was garbage: Heard you want Marauders and Minutemen. Hope you like this shitty Foxtrot instead. Also sorry no Blackjacks. Ever.

Marauders were late as fuck, they should have been much earlier. Now that Marauders are out the Minutemen matter less, but it was important to get one alternative link released and CB waited too long.

The Blackjack whining went from funny to annoying and then looped all the way around to funny again. Mostly because I got my Stingray TAGs after what was iirc a 4 year wait. I hope it's literally the last HSN3 unit released, just so that your whiny little bitch tantrums reach critical bitchiness. Seriously, you had a good thing going with wanting Marauders/Minutemen, no need to ruin it with a HSN3 unit. I don't see PanO whining about Locusts, YJ whining about Shikami, Haqq whining about Ayyar, CA whining about Nexus Ops, ALEPH whining about Andromeda or Tohaa whining about Taqeul.

>I don't see PanO whining about Locusts, YJ whining about Shikami, Haqq whining about Ayyar, CA whining about Nexus Ops, ALEPH whining about Andromeda or Tohaa whining about Taqeul.

The problem is that all of these factions are playable without new models, while USARF had nearly zero variability. Blackjack is pretty much essential.

How much do you think it would cost to commission a Corregidor theme tune from a musician? I just wonder what would be a musical interpretation of "Latino and African convicts sent to space".

>Blackjack is pretty much essential
Literally a falsehood. Marauder links, Grunts and Foxtrot+Hardcase shenanigans plus some decent other stuff like the bikes and Van Zant's posse made the sectorial quite viable. Blackjacks are a decent enough active turn HMG or a quite nice defensive sniper with supp fire potential, hardly something to base a sectorial around.

Local warcor just plays Grunts for days.
Recently he decided to limit himself to 3 infiltrating Grunts.
But he does have a converted HINT miniature that he uses for Blackjack.

USAriadnans complaining again, fun times.

How hard would it be to convert Infinity's d20 system to fantasy setting with a lot of CC? Range weapons would work with Range Bands

I don't think he want "roll 3+ to win"

I'm not sure, the system is very much designed about shooting each other from cover. CC is high risk, high reward, not the clue of the game. It would probably require a much smaller board, otherwise most of every turn would be spent on running around and not fighting.

when the replies are
>Oh yea! well I waited 4 years for my stupid model!
It seems kinda retarded to complain about the dudes who don't want to wait 4 years for their thing don'tcha think?

>PanO whining about Locusts
'cause we got shitty Bolts to proxy with.

>It seems kinda retarded to complain about the dudes who don't want to wait 4 years for their thing don'tcha think?
Nah, fuck them.
where's my fucking combi Aswang CB

>Make 5 resin busts
>need a fucking KS for it

Blackjacks are scheduled for early 2018. So that's about a year and a half after the rules got released. That kind of sucks, but it's not at all a unique situation and not a reason to bitch and moan at every opportunity. It's just one unit anyway, if you're so desperate to play it then find a proxy.

Just proxy the shotgun.

Felix miniature when

Never

What if someone cosplayed as him and CB made a limited figure on that basis, like with the NeoTerra Bolt cosplay.
Speaking of, does it ever go back on sale or is it sold out and only available second hand now?

Best be a good cosplay theeeeen .... perhaps.

I think the rights to produce the Cosplay Bolt are with the cosplayer and she sells them on her website?

Now we just need to find the cutest boy in our community and dress him up properly!

Every time I look at her Etsy shop it's sold out. Which is why I'm asking if they are resupplying her or was it a once and done deal.

No harm in emailing her and finding out I guess.

Most likely not, it will require a lot of remaking and at least some test-ground (may be some standalone board game) for concepts.
Also, any knews about CB fanatsy game and dungeon crawler?

Blackjacks are shit. So are Minuteman. Grunts, Maraders and Foxtrots are all you need. I just saw the lists that won Captaincon....no BJ in sight.

Man, and I used to think that the old "it's not your list it's you" saying was stupid and unnecessary. But apparently some people still think they're playing 40k, and if your list isn't copied from a tourney winner then it's obviously dogshit.

As long as the list is competently made, most of a person's success in a game is down to luck and tactics.

So I've moved recently and found out a shop near me has a decent sized Infinity scene.

I originally bought the Morat Aggression Force on a whim, and while I like the CA as a faction I don't think I want to go full Morat all the time. I was thinking about picking up the Onyx Contact Force since it's relatively cheap for the minis I'd be getting.

Would that be a decent choice?

>Would that be a decent choice?
Yep, it's kind of usefull just buying few starters and mix them for your needs.

The big army box? Yeah, it's decent.

>just saw the lists
You're kidding, right? Nobody's this dumb.

Guess you never faced with 40k players.

Sure, but seeing what successful lists look like is useful, even if it is mostly player skill.

Had the incredible misfortune to spectate a 40k "tournament" last weekend. What a fucking nightmare those people are.

That box is full of solid choices and is an absolutely incredible deal.

latino music normally already carries african influences so it shouldn't be too hard

I was at a big tornament in Australia a few weeks back. I saw a literal bucket of riptides. The game's tactically dead.

>The game's tactically dead.
Nah

Grab an Umbra Samaritan while you're at it. It's a shit mini (fuckhuge for its silhouette and facefaults when you look at it wrong) but the unit is great and you'll probably want one to max out your Rodok link.

Fair point, although I think I'd like it to kind of immediately make people think "Africa".
I thought maybe typical African rhythm, but with Spanish trumpet would do the job.

>facefaults when you look at it wrong
Just gotta weight the base. But yeah, Samaritan is just stupid.

Just because it's slightly more tactical than AoS does not mean it's still pretty brain dead, especially at tournament WAAC level.
Now in friendly games when one player is fielding Rough Riders because fuck yeah cavalry you might get some more tactics and fun. Although last time I've played 40k I was bored stiff while waiting for my opponent to move all his daemonettes and shit in front of my guardsmen, of whom he must have been bored of when it was my turn.
It's just not exciting when a wrong move does not result in my Father-Knight having to tank 5 AROs.

Speaking of FK, I've recently painted mine, so I'll be using him again. What would be your idea for using one? I was thinking of trying out the ML profile. I've used FO/AHD ones before, to moderate success. I've come to greatly appreciate Missile Launchers recently.

I've really only had the most success with ML when they are in links. I think the conventional wisdom as using them for ARO pieces is the best use, but I guess you can try for very long shots because the only gun that will outrange you is an MSR and catching someone on a normal roll of 17 is going to be bad news for them.

Pretty accurate. Consider it mostly an ARO piece if not in a link team or on a camo unit like Hac Tao or. Swiss.

So shasvastii...

Would they be an ok starting army for a new player?

They're pretty much the perfect door kicker figure. They don't need SWC, and they're great close up fighters, particularly with the hacker profile.

>Cube
>Sepsitor

This was actually what made me stop playing, Its a terrible game mechanic that snowballs the game with one single roll of a dice.

That and cheerleaders. Fucking retarded. Each piece should get one move a round.

Are you retarded or just polish?

Id say the most beginner friendly would be Morats. They are kinda the equivalent of Space Marines: dont afraid of anything, LoL doesnt matter, very focused unit selection, just get out there and shoot the other dudes dead. Teaches you to git gud at tactics and when you branch out to other sectorials/factions its like easy mode with all the new toys.

Shasvastii are on the opposite end of the complexity spectrum from Morats, loadsa cloak but they are an older sectorial, so no Haris or
Duo for you. Doesnt mean they aren't competitive, there is just more to learn right off the bat to play effectively.

Morats might be a hardcore bootcamp, but considering what a huge part of the game it is learning in an army without camo is a bit weird.

It's easier to play Shas-heavy vanilla CA.

Agree. Morats are so simple and straight forward that works perfectly as a begginer Army.