Tfw all the escapism you indulge in won't ever become real

>tfw all the escapism you indulge in won't ever become real

You would think that this life sucks, too, if it was real.

I'm pretty okay with this. Most "escapism" I indulge is is centered around violence, which is fun enough in theory but would be highly unpleasant in practice.

> tfw you will never live in that picture, as a street urchin that lives by the docks.
> one day you try and steal some bread from the market, you find a beautiful duchess, who falls in love with you.
>you learn the ways of the court, while you rise through the social rank, her dad despising your two's blossoming relationship.
>it finally culminates with her taking the throne, after an accident puts her in line to inherit.
>you earn her fathers trust, he takes you in as a son he never had.
> the two of you finally look down on the streets below, from the castles balcony, when your much older.
>She's still as beautiful, with her gray hair, exactly like she was that day 30 years ago in the market place.

>you will never be an impoverished man who lives in a boat under the bridge after your family is killed and a rival steals all of your wealth
>you will never be contemplating suicide when a mermaid pops out of the water and tells you there's a secret world in the ocean
>she will never encase you in a bubble and take you down below where there's a huge atlantis with cool tech
>you will never be the secret liaison between that world and the world above where you use the atlantean secrets to subtly change the surface world for the better over the centuries (because the mermaid made you near-immortal, of course)
>you will never go back to your old boat spot and eavesdrop on the people above where you hear that their lives are mysteriously improving
>you will never be given the choice, at your life's end, to either become an immortal merman forever and live in the atlantis place or die knowing that you've made the world a better place

>tfw illegal horse parking on sidewalks makes you mad
>the waterfalls before they reach the lowest level are 80% urine and smell like cesspool
>you rent a room in a house directly adjacent to a waterfall. It's big enough for a bed. That's all you can afford despite years of studies
>every day you need to walk 400 stairs to work

Yeah, I've been reading Worm fanfics and feeling the despair of knowing that I'll never be an independent teenage superhero.

>you will never live in a fantasy world that defies the laws of our science
>you will never be surrounded by smoking hot babe's of all the fantasy races we have created
>you will never live in a world where you can just build your own house wherever the hell you want and start a family with an elven chick
>you will never be summoned by your glorious king to take up arms against the monstrous hordes bearing down on your cities walls
>you will never be part of any of the amazing places your mind and the minds of others have made
>you will stay stuck in this world where humans argue and kill each other over ridiculous stuff like using the correct bathroom
>the only thing that brings you comfort is the hope that one day your life here will amount to something

you fucker, kickstart the movie!!!!! I need it

>tfw living already in a cyberpunk setting
>tfw there are literally thousands of awesome mysteries to solve
>tfw real is just a point of view
>tfw you could embark on an adventure right now as simply as learning tibetan meditation, moving to another country or getting a work to help others.
>tfw all worlds including the real world exist only in our mind, so in a sense they all share the same reality level

Will you shut the fuck up and roll for initiative already?

>you will never live in a fantasy world that defies the laws of our science
the laws of science are defied everyday; there are lots of things that have no explanation yet. Quantum mechanics, advanced physics and psychology are vastly unexplored fields.
>you will never be surrounded by smoking hot babe's of all the fantasy races we have created
Do you really need pointy ears on a girl? Just get a pretty human you can have some good time with, don't be a racist fucker
>you will never live in a world where you can just build your own house wherever the hell you want and start a family with an elven chick
Well, overpopulation is a thing, yeah, but maybe we can build a cabin on mars and claim some territories a la Manifest Destiny
>you will never be summoned by your glorious king to take up arms against the monstrous hordes bearing down on your cities walls
What is modern day anti terrorist propaganda? We are literally pushed around all day on the news with a new world ending threat that changes every 3-5 years
>you will never be part of any of the amazing places your mind and the minds of others have made
If you can't find beauty on your own town, you'll never see the beauty of the niagara falls. All you'll be able to do is take a selfie on it.
>you will stay stuck in this world where humans argue and kill each other over ridiculous stuff like using the correct bathroom
You're free to avoid absurd arguments. Even in fantasy settings you can find obnoxious people ("elves are bad!!!!" "no, dwarves are bad!!!")
>the only thing that brings you comfort is the hope that one day your life here will amount to something
Why don't you ask yourself what do you want from life? They say that if you set your heart on it, the universe will give you the chance. Read up on Joseph Campbell

What I want is to beat a house sized fire breathing lizard to death with a hunk of sharpened metal and the zoo won't let me back after the last incident.

Do shadow work meditation, you'll find that monster

Inside yourself.

Good luck on the fight should you choose to do it

You can't mount your inner demons over the fireplace.

>When all the girls at your table aren't varied Endowed anthropomorphic Shemales

>implying I'm not a Christian
Resurrected Christ could either walk through walls or teleport. Either way, he showed up for dinner without unlocking the door.

>mysides.gif

I was just doing a typical ywn green text feels comment. Our world has plenty of amazing shit to offer. But I will not concede the banging hot elf chick's notion, I am genuinely sad this will never happen

Same here. All my favorite universes are pretty unpleasant places. Even being a badass Space Marine is still kind of horrible when you think about it.
I suppose there's something to be said for adventuring across wacky landscapes... but you can do that on earth too.

Fantasy worlds are full of shitty situations that you would wish for escape from were they real. The reason that fantasy shittiness is preferred to real world shittiness is exactly because it's fantasy. We prefer imaginary suffering to real suffering, even if the imaginary suffering is theoretically just as agonizing.

Probably for the best. I generally enjoy having terrible things happen to my characters.

Good.

I have a worse feel when I think about how I spent my 20s getting really good at shooting, fencing and martial arts and if I'd had no imagination as a teenager and funneled the same amount of commitment into something contemporary I'd probably not be so regularly unemployed.

>tfw You will never meet a qt boy/girl from an opposing bloodline
>You two will never fall in love in the Sunday, fight against both families and die in the Wednesday

Why live?

>tfw wageslave for a megacorp irl
>tfw no BTLs
>tfw no badass AR and VR
>tfw not even bank robbing is profitable

I would honestly accept a horrible death if I could break out of this humdrum existence.

That's good, my world sucks for everyone who lives in it.

>You will never explore the world with your 3-6 bestest friends in the whole wide world/misfits you can barely tolerate
>You will never learn the true extent of your bravery as all of you grow even closer in your bonds/learn to tolerate eachother
Fuck this gay earth

>mount your inner demons over the fireplace
That sounds like it could leave you both with some nasty burns.