What are some magical properties you could give an assault rifle?

What are some magical properties you could give an assault rifle?

Other urls found in this thread:

borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Assault_Rifle
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teflon-coated_bullet
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Its bullets teleport into the target instantaneously
So you can shoot through walls and stuff

Unlimited ammo, the ability to never miss, no recoil, make it light as a feather, make it impossible to lose, make it invisible to everyone but the user, make it growl like a ferocious beastie, to name a few things.

Expanded/infinite ammo capacity, possibly set up to automatically deduct from your bank account

"Ammo type" dial, select from anything between incendiary copkillers and paintballs

Capped bullet travel distance, limit your noncombatant casualties

No bullet drop

Reduced recoil

>Unlimited ammo
That seems to fit better on a bandana immo

+3

Go check Daemon Weapon section of Black Crusade - it have all sorts of crazy enchantments for guns.

I prefer Daemon tools, it's more useful

Bullets that miss their targets will never harm non-combatants or people on your side.

A mental "speedbump" if you try to shoot a friendly. You can override it, but will never take such a shot unintentionally.

Infinite ammo (or "hollywood ammo" that is infinite so long as you reload between fights)

Silencer (as opposed to a supressor, which is still pretty loud) / flash suppression (again the hollywood version that makes the flash invisible even downrange).

Scope of seeing (gives you nightvision or immunity to illusions or something while you're looking through it).

Reduced range penalties; perhaps the bullet's travel time is magically reduced.

Jam-proofing, auto-cleaning

The gun has the handedness of whatever the shooter's dominant arm is.

You can take even a snap shot as if it was carefully aimed.

John Woo paired pistols; can be fired with either hand as if the owner was ambidextrous, and can both be fired without a dual wield penalty (firing at two targets is still penalized but isn't as bad).

Gun can be used to parry melee weapons; no penalty for firing one in hand to hand combat.

The rifle never gets in your way when you're just letting it hang on its harness.

Underbarrel GL doesn't increase the gun's weight, bulk, or handiness.

The gun's sound and appearance are so impressive that they provide a bonus to Intimidate checks or force enemies to check vs fear.

Basically I'm thinking a lot of enchants that might reproduce cinematic cliches about guns. Also: it's a battle rifle if it's capable of select-fire (with the right round) or a semiautomatic rifle if it only fires single shots for each trigger pull. The term "assault rifle" is purely a political term that has no meaning in firearms. (inb4 "AR-15", which is short for Armalite Rifle #15)

GURPS Tactical Shooting and Gun Fu both have long lists of perks that are associated with cinematic gunplay. Any of those campaign options might apply to a single gun as an enchantment.

Smells like strawberry.

Glows in the dark.

Emits an ear-piercing shriek if seagulls are near.

4% faster reload.

11% less chance of leaving grease stains.

When overheated the barrel glow purple instead of red.

Extra-comfortable stock.

Bullet casings are edible and smell like cinnamon.

19% less likely to forgot about birthdays while equipped.

Guaranteed to hit walruses when fired with no auroras present.

3% reduced barrel wear when fired in the dark.

Abilityto quote Mein Kampf in estonian when equipped.

Significantly increased luck(hidden stat, does nothing)

Significantly decreased bullet spread(hidden stat, does nothing)

Ability to equip shields as an off-hand item

Plate armor proficency increased +2%

Enemy gold coin drop increased b 31.7% percent(modern settings only)

Reduced risk of agressive enemas.

Making the bullets turn into knives or swords.

Sentient metal alchemy bullets. They hit you and then start to enter your blood stream and make a beeline for your brain.

Elemental bullets

Heals what it hits. It's alive and you have to feed it molten lead. Takes the souls of the slain and powers up via this. Bullets fired turn into seeds that burrow into and grow instantly on the target.

>no penalty for firing one in hand to hand combat
Actually my GM have house-rule that there is no no penalty for firing one in hand to hand combat anyway, it's just that the other guy have an insane bonus to parrying your shots even with bare hands unless you use a pistol. Our shogun-melee guy ended up studding his shotgun with spikes and bladebreakers.

This unassuming pump action shotgun has been embued with magical charms to make it act like a rifle from a Hollywood movie.

The gun can hold 40 shells.
Pumping the shotgun casts a low level intimidation spell.
Enemies that are struck with the but of the gun fall asleep.
Vehicles that are hit by this weapon burst into flames

Making bullets turn into smaller guns that fire smaller bullets as they fly

Lightning Enchanted

Multiple Shots.

Ecksdee

When you chamber a golden bullet it transforms into whatever type of bullet is the most effective against your target.

What daily/weekly requests can demand spirit/daemon/elder thing/lesser god/AI with nanobots/Things Man Was Not Meant to Know from possessed gun to allow use gun at full power?

Teleports a single slug into a target then brings it back. It can do this many times a second. Unlimited ammo, no visible wounds, massive internal injuries.

Is secretly possessed by a spirit of protection. It aims at whatever is most dangerous to you even if you don't know you're in danger.

Check out the weapon mods in Warframe, just substitute handwavium technology for handwavium magic.

Exactly. I was reaching for game mechanics that are often campaign options in movie-style games. Well, one twist is to go for full tactical operatingly operator realism... but then allow magic to bring those cinematic elements back in on a case-by-case basis.

What you get is very low-key magic combined with very strict tactical rules to get the cinematic stuff that in certain games applies to everyone. I think it's a good balance because a major problem with modern games is that ordinary NPC mooks can be potentially fatal to the PCs if you arm them and get a good/bad roll. This way, the rules are there, but your PCs and major NPCs are Just That Cool.

Had very similar slaaneshi daemon weapon in Black Crusade. Like all deamon guns it can fire without using ammo, but it can be loaded, and have massive damage bonuses if bulleetts are made from precious material no matter how ridiculous they are, the more expensive - the more damage. The guy who had the gun ended up loading it with bullets made of space marine progenoids since they're the most expensive thing he could get.

Blood is obvious, either the users or people shot. Maybe a very precise ritual that takes a good bit of time. Or maybe it just alters your mind a bit and makes you more violent.

Bullet patterns, like a shmup

Transforms damage on to positive energy on impact

kek

borderlands.wikia.com/wiki/Assault_Rifle

Shoots flesh eating maggots.
Chain-shot - one bullet, hits two other targets until it fails a to-hit roll.
First Aid - each bullet can effect a target as though someone had done CPR on them.
Suturing wounds closed - will close up a target's wounds, one light wound healed per shot.

never understood how the bow or gun being magical somehow conveyed magical onto the ammo it fired.

scope of truesight
allows you to see any target no matter how dark or invisible they may be
Antimagic bayonette
This bayonette projects a field of antimagic allowing you to cut down fireballs and emits a cone large enough to deflect magic missles aimed at the use
Vorpal barrel
This barrel is rifled with mystic runes, changing the firing sound to "snicker snak" and occasionally causes bullets fired to seek an enemies head causing it explode upon impact.

With magic, duh.

>it's a battle rifle if it's capable of select-fire (with the right round) or a semiautomatic rifle if it only fires single shots for each trigger pull
I was under the impression that the battle rifle designation was based on the cartridge, specifically those using rounds more powerful than are currently preferred, independent of having select fire. The alternative was a carbine.

I mean, the M4 is a select fire carbine, so by your definition it's also a battle rifle.

>copkillers
You mean armor piercing rounds?

>never understood how the bow or gun being magical somehow conveyed magical onto the ammo it fired.

How do magical stones or runes convey magical onto a sword?

>First Aid - each bullet can effect a target as though someone had done CPR on them.
This has given me the bizarre mental image of a guy rhythmically shooting somebody in the chest while singing "staying alive" under their breath to keep time.

No, copkillers or "dum dums" are a sort of DIY hollowpoint made by cutting an X into the head of the round, so it breaks into four pieces after impact.

+3 Surrender bullpup.

Magnetism, duh.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Teflon-coated_bullet

Here's a few properties:

''Slav-made'' - Practically indestructable, easy to use and maintain. Will shoot properly even after being drowned in mud, water, sand and rust.

''Tacticool'' - Provides a bonus on stealth druing night-time when it isn't glowing like a lazer-christmasstree.

''Cursed AR of Recoil'' - An assault rifle that recoils before you shoot...Nobody knows how it works.

''Masterwork Folded Japanese AR'' - Folds the bullets before sharpening them and shooting them to cut up inferior gaijin steel.

Do i need to go on?

I've never heard the term used to refer to lubed ammo before. Hell, the Teflon burns off before it hits anybody anyway, it has no effect on penetration.

Then why not just say hollow points or HP?

The defining feature of a carbine is that it is shorter and lighter than a full-sized rifle, they can still be full caliber.

You are right in that the M4's cartridge is too puny to qualify for battle rifle, though.

I've never heard anyone call hollowpoints "cop killers". I've only ever heard armour piercing rounds being referred to such, since they can punch through vests and car doors and such.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one who thought of warframe.

Going from their list of mods, you could have a rifle that:
>fires multiple bullets where you normally would only fire one (multishot)
>instead of puncturing the target, it causes a slicing effect, giving shots the ability to decapitate or bisect people
>shots temporarily cause targets' max health to be reduced to half of what it was
>shots cause confusion
>on death, felled targets explode, dealing AoE damage
>on killing an enemy, your next shot is more accurate / crit chance increased
>bullets travel slower/faster

>inb4 "AR-15"
No, Sturmgewehr, you dipshit.

>Bullet casings are edible and smell like cinnamon.
Thanks, I'm gonna use this for a break-action shotgun.

magic guns you say?

Because DIY dum-dums predate the hollow-point
and Dum Dum is the manufacturer that invented the soft tip and hollow-point, so it's a bit of a generic trademark

Posting on /k/

>Masterwork Folded Japanese AR
kek

Any alt-fire mode from a N64 - Early PS2 era shooter would work as an enchantment for a gun

Black Crusade here.
Sharing some crazy demands daemon guns had (they could be ignored, but when uncooperative you must roll against weapon's daemon will and if he wins he'll fuck you up):
Khornate shotgun with a chainbayonet that shoot a fireball after bayonet kills and completely bypass armour with pointblank shots demanded an ally to be stabbed in the back with a bayonet every 8-th day. Prerty easy, we had enough cultists with our social guy.

Slaaneshi sniper rifle that turned people into golden statues on crits, had major damage bonus based on wielder's Infamy and moaned like a cheap whore each time the bullet was chambered in, completely ruining our stealth demanded regular cleaning with some rare and stupidly expensive oils. Also the guy cleaning her need to be naked and talk dirty to her while doing it.

I like your style mister.

Accepts a rubber-band wrapped Deck of Many Things as ammunition.

FEED ME COSMOLINE COMRADE FOR EFFICIENT WORKINGS OF RIFLE
MANY BULLETS FIRE OF THE ACCURATE IF DO. GULAG IF DO NOT GIVE.

How on earth are Bards and Maguses expected to successfully cast spells that offer a saving throw? They have nothing that can boost their DCs ever, it looks like. Are they just INTENDED to ignore large portions of their spell lists?

And the wiki article says exactly that.
Damn how burgers can't read.

The power to disguise itself as a semiautomatic just by having wooden furniture.

I call it "Reverse Liberals"

Each bullet is a pocket dimension, the gun activates it. the bullet can either release its contents or suck them in.

Examples

>Bullet hits the target, bullet triggers whilst in a target. Unloads its contents
>Bullet hits target pulls the organs into a pocket dimension.
>Before Bullet hits the target suck the target in. Target is now contained.
>Bullet activates as it passes by, releases content spreads lava everywhere since connected to the fire world.

>sleep as touch attack
>ignite mounts
>intimidation
Fuck that's cool

Gate of Babylon like ammo capacity
enchants the bullets with (fire/ lightning / cursed/ holy )
never misses
can be summoned
will steal vitality

Damn how Europoors have an autistic hateboner for America.

>recoils before you shoot
If you start examining it closely, you suffer sanity loss as you realize free will is an illusion and all your actions are perfectly predictable.

As for me, I like to keep it simple. MG42 Barrel of Never Overheating.

>emits an ear-piercing shriek if seagulls are near.
Actually laughed
You're a good wizard

Scope of True Seeing.

Scope of True Seeing.

>Infinite ammo
>Homming bullets
>Hitscan (aka instantaneous bullets)
>Bullets that teleport what they hit to somewhere else
>No recoil
>Shot from the hip acurately
>Bullets phase thru armor
>Bullets teleport to inside the target instantaneously
>Explosive bullets
>True seeing
>Extra senses
>Shots cause a very bright light that blinds hostiles
>Shots cause very loud thunder-like sound that deafs hostiles
>Holding the gun makes you the most skilled marksman ever

>Fire a single bullet, it multiplies in a burst of several bullets each as strong as the original
>Say the name of someone, fire upwars and the bullet will go after them

>The term "assault rifle" is purely a political term that has no meaning in firearms. (inb4 "AR-15", which is short for Armalite Rifle #15)
NO IT'S NOT YOU FUCKING FAGGOT

Assault rifle is a rifle chambered in an intermediate round with select-fire capacity. "Assault Weapon" is the made-up bullshit.

I'm stealing this.

Best in thread.

>selectable ammo dial

That'd be shitty to want to use paintball rounds and inadvertently shoot someone with a Armor Piercing Incendiary round.

When someone is shot in the head, if the bullet makes contact with the brain, that person learns everything they have ever wanted or could want to know, even things that are going to happen in the future.

But they are almost guaranteed to die or fail to retain the information because of brain damage.

>"Ammo type" dial, select from anything between incendiary copkillers and paintballs

Would a cursed version fire different rounds at random?

>Infinite ammo

Speaking of, would such a weapon still produce casings?

>infinite brass generator

What's the price of scrap brass these days?

A battle rifle is a rifle chambered in full power (battle) cartridges, such as 7.62x54r, 7.62x51mm (.308), etc. An assault rifle is a select fire rifle chambered in an intermediate cartridge such as 5.56, 7.62x39, 5.45, etc. You are wrong.

More than fantasy guns, I want to see how fantasy gun users would act. Like how would a squad of codbloppy operators act in a setting where low level magic is something everyone has access to?

Battle rifles are also generally select fire too but you're right about the calibers being the main difference.

>mags taped to the armor
You're only supposed to tape them to each other.

Make any of the crazier options from these games into enchantments. Elemental guns, guns that fire differently if you take an action to aim, guns with impossible amounts of ammo, guns that leach HP from enemies and give it to you, bullets that move in strange patterns, guns that turn ammo into lasers or splash effects, guns that explode like grenades if you throw them, regenerating ammo, guns that drop a trail of grenades when thrown, etc etc etc.

Unlimited Ammo, (requires two magazines) shoot all you want, but you have to eject the magazine and place it back again. So, infinite bullets.

Limitless Ammo (must have one bullet in chamber at the least) Fire indefinately untill gun overheats.

Full Bullet Fire, shoot the whole bullet for more bullet

Elastic on Command, reduces the AR up to 1/3 of it size without damaging it.

Detect Magic, indicates when there is a non-human sentient form near it.

>Reduced risk of aggressive enemas
Why is there such a high risk of aggressive enemas that a reduction in the risk thereof is a potentially useful enchantment?!

...and arrive with no impact and no damage beyond displacing some flesh

Obsessed and unable to accept mistakes.

magazine of holding to be honest

You can displace a lot of flesh in a few seconds

>gun just replaces the person with an equivalent mass of bullets

>timed-burst high-explosive ammunition

Infinite ammo +
Cooling enchantment +
Ammo casing of desired metal
=
Infinite metal

Is there a best wizard award?

There some funny folk there, but once a while guy like this comes out of fucking nowhere and shitposts the day's funniest shit in one fucking post. You owe me a new keyboard.

Probably use low level magic where practical, but the application depends on your idea of "low level." Most likely those who can't be assed to learn higher level magic will just use magic items to achieve similar if limited effects. A pair of combat boots that give you a tailwind whenever you're running or boost the height of your jumps would be really useful in a lot of situations.

Grants Rage as a free action

>perpetually torn between the wonky, impractical truth versus the sheer a e s t h e t i c of Killzone weapons

+10 to Re-educating Enemies

How the actual eff does that feed mechanism work?

Helical mag.