Do you ever bug your GM about plot holes?

Do you ever bug your GM about plot holes?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7VQPDrG0NyM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I read that as "Do you ever plug your DMs butthole".

Yes, and you probably should. At the very least the group should agree to a retcon of some kind if it bothers everyone. If nobody cares then you're shit outta luck though.

Yeah but she never adds any.

No, I'm not a That Guy.

No. But as a DM I have to have hour long arguments with That Guy over every piece of technology or policy I introduce because he thinks Star Trek is the it good sci Fi and everything that isn't techno able geekbait magic is "fucking stupid", which is also everything he doesn't think is literally perfect for his needs. Once went on an our long argument over the fact that it's stupid every ship from jumper to battleship doesn't carry a huge fleet of shuttle craft to ferry every single crew member, and instead rely on docking, because "this universe is stupid and doesn't have beaming"
Yes, it's fucking annoying.

Why play with literal autists?

Have you tried telling him that beaming is stupid and requires ridiculously high tech levels? You've got to rearrange entire complex organism at a range. Docking and smaller ships make much more sense and even come from historical example (see fucking ships).

No, but whether plot seems boring or stupid to me, I don't hesitate to bring it up. I especially love to criticize that cliche, when every authority figure in this campaign seems to be an insane tyrant with a hate boner for adventurers and no sense of honor or justice whatsoever.

As someone who has never read the books, why didn't they just fly over the mountain?

There wouldn't be a story otherwise if they could just skip to the endgame so quickly.

The eagles eat you and keep the ring for themselves.

They probably would've been detected on the way and taken out of the sky.

Because the giant eagles had giant eagle things to do.

Blood Ravens stole the original eagles and they had to breed and train more, which took 3 books/movies to do.

If the hole is mad glaring I'll probably ask about it after. And ask about it in a way that's not being an asshole, more just curious what happened there. Bringing it up in play is just going to fuck up everyone's day and that's not what we're there for.

Next time it comes up, ask him if beaming kills the original or what it does with the copied information of the original subject, or if it physically disassembles aka kills and then resurrects the subject. It'll be fun.

Has anyone had an actually autistic GM before?

Pretty sure you have to be autistic to GM user

>this

Eagle evil lord is a good idea

Yeah. Then we fill them in.

Current GM actually has real autism. He has it decently managed though so it's more of a good thing than a bad thing

Actual answer: Sauron had air superiority because the nazgûl had flying mounts.
After the ring was destroyed, Sauron couldn't do shit to prevent them from flying over Mordor.

The mountains block Sauron's line of sight. The moment the eagles come over the mountain, they'd be skylined and Sauron would instantly spot them. Then he's send the Nazgul to grab that thing.

>had an autistic GM

I wish, high functioning autism would be like a super power in DMing

Ask yourself: Why don't they use a very showy, very bombastic way to enter into the country of the evil all-seeing demigod, when it was understood that only stealth has a modicum of chance to work?

Truth to be told, the 'why didn't they fly over the mountain' meme was born from the movies. The books are very clear about what bad idea it is.

Not really, I had an autistic DM and his sperging made the game worse.

Sauron is not only a big eye on top of a tower. Sauron is a demigod of incredible power, able to sway minds and spirits from afar, and summon the darkest magic.

Coming into Sauron's home turf on top of eagles, easily detected by anybody actually looking, is incredibly suicidal.

Same reason why they didn't send an army into Mordor, same reason why the Fellowship isn't made of 9 1500 years old super elves. Stealth is paramount. You need to enter Mordor undetected. If you are, you're dead.

>They probably would've been detected on the way and taken out of the sky.
why cant these fucking autist get this through their thick skulls?
this is the single dumbest "le plot hole" that always comes up and people are always so fucking smug about it
look how smart i am i found a plot hole, not like the giant fucking eyeball would see them coming and give the birds brain tumors and have everyone fall to their death

All the time.
I am the GM.
Sleep has been lost, on occasion.

>Sauron Air Defense Network

Fuck that shit like a Cessna 172 into Red Square!

"You're right, that does seem like it shouldn't work......hmm.....interesting."

There, problem solved. Now there's chasing ghosts and you can think of a quick fix the next time it comes up.

Mathias Rust who flew into red square illegally during the Cold War from West Germany is a total autost who thought he was helping World peace.
After the Russians let him out of jail he ended up in Jail again....

While doing his obligatory community service (Zivildienst) in a West German hospital in 1989, Rust stabbed a female co-worker who had rejected him.

>why didn't they just fly over the mountain?
1. Nazgul riding fell-beasts
2. Sauron would have given support using his magic
3. The cracks of doom were only accessible through a side entrance tunnel, not the top of the mountain. They would have had to drop-off at the entrance and have a guy run through to chuck it in
4. Sauron's minions have ranged attacks which do not help the situation
5. If the ring-carrying eagle went down, they'd all be fucked

6. The ring's power would have been tempting the shit out of those eagles.

7. The Eagles in the Hobbit mention how they don't go near the human settlements in the Anduin vales because they're afraid of herdsmen with bows.

Orcs have bows too.

These, but other people had good points as well. THis just nails it short and sweet

As a DM my PCs occasionally ask about what seems to be a plot hole, but so far they haven't been, they're just missing some crucial information about events at that point in time. God knows I have plot holes though, and I kick myself over them. Occasionally I've even pointed them out in front of my players, and they just shrug their shoulders and say oh well.

Back when I was a player I would point out what appeared to be plot holes because I was unsure whether the DM had forgotten something or I was the one missing information. With my last DM it was usually him.

In a sense he's right, large vessels should always have plenty of shuttlecraft, for ferrying supplies through orbit, getting people from one vessel to another, etc. Large vessels docking is kind of dumb. You dont dock 1 battleship with another battleship, you get some barges or troop transports to ferry shit between them.

Even Traveller includes ships boats and shuttles in large vessels.

youtube.com/watch?v=7VQPDrG0NyM

Dude, me too exactly.

We must be, you know... related.

And people wonder why players have such a hard time moving beyond fantasy games.

Gandalf thought there was a traitor in the group and didn't wanna tip his hand.

"Fly you fools" was a kinda coded message.

Not that much yet there has been some times when GMs mistakes have costed us the correct situation.

like not telling us information leaving us to get completely opposite image of the situation he had tried to railroad us into. Us being smart about the info we got decided to FUCK AWAY from all this which kinda sucked for all of us.

Yes, but I try to be more subtle about it, and rather than ask OOC why some NPC didn't just do bla, I'll ask the other party members IC wether that particular NPC really can be trusted since if he wanted what he told us he wanted he could just have done bla instead of bleh.

This allows the GM to not only correct his mistake but also pretend like it was a planned plot twist all along.

I think the player is wanting there to be a single personalized craft for each crew member.

As a DM, I've had to make my campaign as loose and by the ear as possible, because our most experienced player is also a That Girl, a loudly announced that she would use side missions to fuck over the main missions.

well, do you?

You are a good guy. Good GMs need to take just as many notes as good players.

Unless the GM is really bad or thatguy, I generally avoid it IN GAME, that's an important distinction that flies over most peoples heads. It's inappropriate to do these things in game, also, as a forevergm that prefers GMing to playing, I still would rather be thankful that someone is willing to step up and take on the extra responsibility than look a gift horse in the mouth.

Players I tell ya, bunch of ungrateful munchkins.

The GM plugs mine.

I usually point any out in private but never publicly go "HEH SCRUB BET YOU DIDNT THINK ABOUT THIS"