Warhammer Fantasy General: THICC Dawi DICC Edition

>Previous Thread
Kindly no End Times or Age of Sigmar. If that is your cup of tea, please go elsewhere, especially if you're just going to shill or troll. For all intents and purposes, it's not the same universe.

>1d4chan
1d4chan.org/wiki/Category:Warhammer_Fantasy

>Newbie Introduction to Warhammer Fantasy (Download, start reading at page 174 for the story and all the races)
mediafire.com/download/i330182xo9b1hsi/Rulebook (Hardback).pdf

>Third Party Miniature Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk

>List of Warhammer recommended proxies
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/

>Tomb Kings Range reborn!
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/

>Bretonnia range reborn!
indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

>Fimir range reborn!
krakongames.com/product-category/miniatures/fomorian/

>Warhammer Wikis
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

>Resources (Armybooks, Supplements, Fluff, Crunch - INCLUDING WARHAMMER FANTASY ROLEPLAY)
pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
pastebin.com/0e6RuQux

>Endhammer
1d4chan.org/wiki/Endhammer

>9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

>Warhammer Online: Return of Reckoning (Alpha)
returnofreckoning.com/

>Total War: Warhammer
store.steampowered.com/app/364360/

>End Times: Vermintide
store.steampowered.com/app/235540/

>Mordheim: City of the Damned
store.steampowered.com/app/276810/

>Bloodbowl 2
store.steampowered.com/app/236690/

>Man O' War
store.steampowered.com/app/344240/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4tPPLLPZfm4
youtu.be/4tPPLLPZfm4?t=412
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_9th_Age#Daemon_Legions_.28Daemons_Of_Chaos.29_2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for Araby apologists, Jaffar didn't do nothing

Let's keep the real politics out this time.

What are the new Bretonnian units? I've only seen hippogryph knights.

Mordheim revival when

That's really it. CA hasn't been too imaginative as far as we know.

I recently read that fan-made 8th edition army book for some ideas for unique units. I like the Merry Men, the Priestesses of Shallya and the Fay Spirits.

What green skins make the best looking slaves for Chaos Dwarves? Wanting to build a little Display AoS army.

youtube.com/watch?v=4tPPLLPZfm4

So what do you guys think?

>custom maps in campaign

I expect GW to Age of Sigmar it up if they bring it back.

The AoS setting is fucking shit, though.

GW are stupid.

That may be true, but a lot of people like it.

meant for

Doesn't bother me if I can buy nice multipart chaos kits with lots of customizability

Obelix?

Those people have objectively shit taste.

Still, they force out plenty of folks who buy in for nostalgia factor.

No matter what is your opinin on AoS, it would be stupid. I would not buy in for AoS product, despite that I grew indifferent to it over year ago and with announcment of WHFRP being sold again, I frankly don't give a dime about end of WH.

Even despite it was such a rape- death of the Lichemaster and how shitty and degrading it was was one of the last straws for me...

What is it specifically that makes it shit?

Specifically everything.

Another WFRP edition?

Its got more in line with Marvel superheroes and Warcraft than the feel of a realistic world made of high and low powered characters.

Well, if Cubicle Entertainment bought the license from GW for hard cash, they will do something with it, won't they?

I ask because I haven't heard about it. Is there a news article I can read on the matter? I seriously hope it's a 2.5 edition.

I did see some mods popping up in the workshop with custom city maps and the like.
And thank god, because it causes me physical pain to see Talabheim or Middenheim as a generic imperial city.

Why would a race of viking beserkers caricatures be compelled to worship the god of morbid obesity and shit?

>dwarf is willing to quietly do five years for an assault on elves and otherwise work within the human legal system
>logic is Dwarvish, but otherwise sound - considers his attack on elves fair, but recognizes that from a human view he had committed a crime

Why are dwarves so bad again? They hold to their own code above all else, but they aren't ignoring others and their ways of doing things.

Elves would probably come in without a word, do whatever, and leave without any word of explanation or any attempt to atone for something humans might consider a crime.

So, killed that dwarf these elves that genuinely wanted to thank him for saving them, just because they are elves?

In order to avoid being plague-raped by morbidly obese demons.

No, he tells them to piss off when the story ends.

Initially he gets to the mine and the Elves just shoot arrows at him until he goes away.

But the elves he killed had nothing to do with the mine.

If he kills enough Elves eventually there will not be enough Elves.

Plus they were Elves, bound to have done something

But they're elves.

>If he kills enough Elves eventually there will not be enough Elves.
That's not a legal reason to kill elves.
>Plus they were Elves
That's not a legal reason to kill elves.
>bound to have done something
That's not a legal reason to kill anyone.

Pretty much this. AoS is the opposite of everything I liked about Warhammer Fantasy. Warhammer Fantasy is a setting inspired by history and mythology, where the average person struggles to survive in a world populated with legendary creatures and infused with corrupting magical energy. AoS is a multiverse comprised of themed battle zones where superhero types engage in flashy combat.

Totally is

>>>memes

Think about it
>Locked in a region without much outside contact
>The morbidly obese version of a race of warrior men that are 90% chads
>Probably all smell like shit
>Probably have disgusting shit fetishes
>Believe they are spreading "gifts" with their shit fetishes
>Probably eat toxic foods like Nurgle Brand Lean Pockets™

They are the neckbeards of Chaos

Its not a meme if Elves are untrustworthy sacks of piss

Worshipers of Nurgle often are those who have ALREADY been struck by plague, abandoned, and accursed. They turn to him as their last resort, desperate and alone, and find acceptance in him. He so fills them with love that they must share it.

Others prostrate themselves before the Fly Lord to cast their foes down with disease. And if that comes at a cost, so be it. That is the way of gods.

Some worship Nurgle, giving him fresh victims to keep disease away from their own people. This profane safety does not tend to last long.

probably just put up PDFs of 1e and 2e books

Dwarfs believe in collective ethnic responsibility.

Just how much varies by dwarf and by hold.

Smarter dwarfs like Thorgrim find ways to both satisfy grudges and not infuriate everyone.

Interestingly, the Ungol people of Kislev has a somewhat similar practice: ALL the kin of a criminal are responsible for their actions.

TRUTH.

Killing some random elves that had never anything to do with the wrong that was done to an ancestor of him some time ago might do more harm than just not chopping their heads off in a fit.

Thinking about trying whfb to take a break from aos (I'm getting sick of gw just releasing stormcast crap). What would a good starting nurgle army look like? I own 50 plague bearers, 6 drones, 6 nurglings, two hearalds, and a daemon prince.

youtu.be/4tPPLLPZfm4?t=412

Are naval battles confirmed now?

>I'm getting sick of gw just releasing stormcast crap

So you're picking a system where nothing will ever be released at all?

Just a change of pace for a little while. Just to try something new. Might also try 40k with my daemons too.

Stormcast are jokingly called Sigmarines for a reason.

I'm guessing you'll have better luck playing 8th ed or 9th Age with them.

40k might work better if you've already got round bases. I think your army is actually pretty solid in WFB terms though.

And he accepts that by human law it is illegal, and willingly accepts the human punishment

Even the humans agree that elves are subhuman, five years for killing several? Come on

Might grab a great unclean one, but there's rumours running around of a nurgle update this summer that will have a new great unclean one model.

speaking of round bases, how playable is WFB with round bases?

In other words: you know jackshit on the lore. Not going to say it's good, or that you must like it: but AoS IS inspired in mythology. NORSE mythology, with a bit of Greek One thrown into the mix and a lot of shit stolen from Moorcock.

Plus at worst stormcasts are on the same level with Chaos Warriors, and there's regular hummies fighting there.

But hey, you're free to hate it.

Do we actually have some lore on how the empire deals with other races when it comes to laws and such?

About half my plague bearers are on squares. Does it really make that big a difference?

AoS dropped the history and focused more solely on the mythology.

Which is fine and dandy, and certainly not "Marvel Avengers"

Not everyone's cup of tea but I think we can speak of other subjects rather than grumbling about something that isn't whfb and therefore not important to this thread.

No, I already knew all that about AoS. Reread my post.

>Warhammer Fantasy is a setting inspired by history and mythology
>history and mythology

It's the mixture of historical and mythological elements that makes Warhammer Fantasy appealing to me.

Yeah, they're tolerant of Elves and Dwarfs. There's even Elven districts in some cities. They're still held in suspicion, though. Especially Elves.

You can just use a movement tray to represent the unit size and basically use the models as wound counters

Your post says nothing on the "it's inspired on mythology" part

>>AoS is a multiverse comprised of themed battle zones where superhero types engage in flashy combat

Is not saying it's based on mythology. Now you may wanna re-read YOUR POST.

FUCK. Now let's change subjects. I'd like to make myself a new colour scheme for my empire models. Any tips ideas from your own crop?

"lol let's call this thing a myth name" is not "inspired by mythology"

Why are you so upset?

I don't need to specify that AoS is inspired by mythology because it's a fantasy setting: almost everything in the fantasy genre owes something to mythology.

I get that there's gold for the taking in Lustria, and possibly exotic plants and animals. But why didn't humans go in there, realize how dangerous it was, and never go back again? The place is a land of death.

>another post of dwarf dick sucking

I played a character that went to Lustria and looted as much as he could. Even after he split between him and his crew he was incredibly wealthy. I went into the jungle and came out rich!

Basically it's dangerous but for some the risk is well worth it. Or they have no other legal options.

You aren't familiar with humans lust for greed are you?

People bust themselves to bits looking for El Dorado.

But in the real world, the New World wasn't full of hostile lizardmen, all sorts of poisonous plants and incredibly dangerous animals far beyond what the real world or the rest of the Warhammer world could muster, a coast of vampire-ruled undead sailors, and occasional raiders from the Dark Elves looking for easy pickings from a tired ship's crew.

Real world Europe also didn't have daemon allied Vikings attacking it, hordes of orcs, a province of undead, monsters, ogres, Wood Elves and ratmen living right underneath them.

It didn't but it had rumours of those sort of things and a churn rate of thousands.

People still risked everything, and died in massive numbers to get that free free gold. Guarded only by the harshest conditions known to European man,

How are you lot looking at the Daemon changes in T9A?

Seven Chaos Gods instead of four.

what are the other 2 about then?

Seven deadly sins initially. More gods likely to come, the seven are just the start. Each has a unique Greater Daemon. The existing four themes are being split and shared.

Someone posted the current info on 1d4.
1d4chan.org/wiki/The_9th_Age#Daemon_Legions_.28Daemons_Of_Chaos.29_2

I'm an idiot when it comes to making and ysing mods, but the simple fact that this exists and will be used by talented people to flesh out their world warms me a bit.

with some luck I'll learn to make my dudes' maps for some cinematic scenes

Fucking why?

Distancing themselves from GW legally. I think the extra three are supposed to just be some of the Oldhammer lore that was abandoned like Malice and the Chaos Gods Of Law.

Could've just used the fours horsemen.

Even the Four Horsemen would be better.

Do you think Total Warhammer is worth it? It's a lot of money to drop.

The idea has not been ruled out as an addition.

They want decentralized Chaos. Daemons invading for a lark because Greed and Envy want to steal the Emperor's golden toilet before Sloth can, instead of according to a timetable for the destruction of the world as written by the guy who's in charge of all the planning.

Yes.

It's twelve dollars on the Humble Monthly right now.

It's good though, insofar as TW games go. Definitely worth twelve dollars.

>They want decentralized Chaos.

Yes that's the fucking problem. Why the fuck do an edition in reaction to AoS if you're gonna do the exact fucking same: use warhammer lore as base for your shit ideas? We and the other user mentioned the 4 horsemen as a lazy but effective way to retain the big 4 (and only the big 4) not as an "addition".

It's probably the best videogame based on a warhammer license ever made.

what you have to find out is if you enjoy the total war formula of gameplay and if so whether you do to the point where you want to repeat similar experiences with the DLC factions or be okay with just playing against them with your favorite faction (which I assume is greenskins).

I made a WFRP Handout.
It's for The Enemy Within, specifically when the players get to Altdorf in Mistake Identity.

I wanted to do some amusing ads like Town Cryer back in the day, but there wasn't really enough space. Maybe it could do with a reverse.

GOOOOOOOOOOOLD!!!!

I'm a little uncomfortable with this. I don't like the T9A team have clearly taken AoS as an opportunity to create their own not-Warhammer Fantasy setting. The "legal issues" explanation only goes so far.

On the other hand, given that Chaos gods are generated and strengthened by the dreams and nightmares of mortals, it does make sense that there would be more than four major Chaos deities.

I would have preferred if they had taken minor Chaos gods (Malal, Hashut, Necoho, Zuvassin) and given them bigger roles, though.

I'd say do a reverse, it's great.

This is great.

dubs checkem

>8 armies already in total war
>the two standalone games both will have 4 new factions
YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS RIGHT
FOUR GOD GAME IN THE CHAOS WASTES
WOOOOOO

AoS didn't decentralize Chaos. In fact, by making Skaven Archaon and Nurgle's direct subordinates they consolidated it.

I think Envy is Malal and Greed Hashut.

Skaven aren't subordinate to nurgle. Pestilens are using nurgle's guys as meatshields.

In fact, one might say that there's six chaos gods in that blasted setting, with the Rat taking a spot and Archaon taking Malal's mantle.

Hashut = Avarice
Khorne = Wrath
Malal = Envy
Nurgle = Sloth
Slaanesh = Lust
Tzeentch = Pride
???? = Gluttony

The maw?

Five with Archaon taking Slaanesh's domains.

There's technically 8 in T9A with the Horned Rat expy, the Rat King.

That's what I thought at first, but is it strictly speaking a Chaos God?

Not really, slaanesh is still it's thing (sort of).

I'm not incredibly fond of AoS but if the rumors are true, I may like the Slaanesh-worshipping dark elves (sorry, Daerk*tm Aelfs*tm) new models.

The dlc-fest is still discouraging me and the Old World doesn't really deliver the races I'm interested in, so I'll be waiting.