You have 25 seconds to create the most complex dnd campaign

You have 25 seconds to create the most complex dnd campaign.
Only include big story plots
GO!

you're going to end up getting some kind of political drama instead of an adventure story.

Adventures aren't usually very complex

There's a dragon and it like, ate the crystal key to the-
Oh time's up.

Wow what a terrible campaign idea.
(This is fine, I just want a little bit of everybodies creativity. )

Perfect

time becomes fixed to a specific point and moves forwards or backwards depending on how the players move in relation to it. if the players move towards the point, time will go forwards until ultimately they reach the end of time at the point. if they go away from the point they will go back in time until reaching the further location from the point at which they will find the beginning of the universe.

the villain is a vampire dinosaur who exists in all time periods.

I actually love this

Cockblocking an elf

One Objective: Kill God

This is interesting bait but next time you need help just ask. Its not /pol/.

an incredible popular orc is elected president of a mixed race metropolis, then assassinated mysterioulsy. Orc neighbourhoods revolt

>vampire dinosaur
my mans been watching some jojo

thanks. can you believe i'm a complete failure in life? shocking i know.

this is actually pretty simple. it would take a long time but length =/= complexity.

1000 years ago the people of the ANCIENT KINGDOM vanished dur to an ANCIENT DOOM leaving behind ARTIFACTS of advanced technology.
Every summer stones fall from the sky with PROPHECY engraved on them telling the history of the world that has bot yet happened. RIVAL KINGDOMS war for control of these impact zones to own more of the future.
Only the ARTIFACTS of the ANCIENT KINGDOM can translate the stones of PROPHECY and are highly sought after by TREASURE HUNTERS to sell to the RIVAL KINGDOMS.
A netrual THEOCRACY arises that superceeds nations to collect the prophecy, translate it, and give it to everyone. A TENUOUS PEACE has arisen since the conbined PROPHECY benefits all.
The PROPHECY says WAR is coming so both RIVAL KINGDOMS prepare for WAR causing border tensions to escalate. The piece of the PROPHECY that says who wins is conveniently missing.
A RELIGIOUS EXTREMIST group seeks to start the WAR by commiting acts of TERRORISM on both RIVAL KINGDOMS and blaming the other.
An ANCIENT KINGDOM man reveals himself and seeks to FIGHT DESTINY and avert the PROPHECY through manipulating events to BREAK it.
The world is actually a FALSE WORLD built to protect the people from the ANCIENT DOOM. The PROPHECY is the guide to prevent the DOOM that detroyed the real world from claiming the FALSE WORLD.
The plot begins with four CRIMINALS scheduled for execution for crimes they have not yet committed...

A strange religious movement has embroiled the urban poor, calling itself the children of the tree forgotten. A series of grisley murders are being perpetrated by Comel "Two Alms" Roid, an escapee from the flesh warpers in Mott Side. Several academics in West Bend are claiming to have seen through the looking glass and found a connection between the two events and the shadow of a fledgling god. You are a member of the Bureau of Internal Affairs, your superior has informed you that you are now on the team heading the investigations.

pls r8

8/10
Good foundation, sounds complex

Also for real, how is this bait for a /pol/ argument?

Easy. Literally steal the plot from Dominions 4. The pantokrator who rules the heavens has disappeared. All the dead and imprisoned gods are breaking free and rising up, in competition with each other over the world above and below.

>shadowrun meets minority report
9 prophets out of 10 predict I would play it

>medieval age fbi with discworld undertones
would play / 10

WE'RE DOOMED! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo...

Party seems to always loose money, need to jobs to earn money.

BBE is the parties spending habit.

the party is stuck on a ship grounhog style, a god like being is also stuck and makes sure things change each time slightly

Bionicles lore.

uh dnd highschool edition, everyone is trying to find someone to love

So monster hearts?

The adventurers have realised that they are being controlled by the players. Each roll requires potentially three more to determine if the character
A) realises they're being controlled at this point
B) If they realise they're being controlled, are they ok with both the result and the players intention?
C) If they're not ok with being controlled in that situation, Characters chance to resist the roll and it's effects
D) If they resist, a new action is decided by the GM and is rolled for.

The BBEG realises that he is being controlled by the GM and is fine with it.

The heroes are all the BBEG from alternate futures sent back in time with amnesia.

>D&D

your party is part of a tribe who lives unknowingly lives on massive abandoned space station that is now failing resulting in lose of life support. The elders have chosen you to venture into the forbidden parts of the station to save the tribe

>mages are rare
>mages are often evil
>the party are antimages
>they hunt a small time illusionist
>turns out he works for the King
>the King is trying to become a wizard to rule the neighboring kingdoms
>the party has a problem with this

If you move away from the point and go back in time, doesn't that make you go towards the point because time is going backwards? But then time would have to go forwards again. I call paradox

the players are the only things not effected by the time dilation. otherwise they would die/become unborn if they move more than a few inches in either direction.

The world, as your party knows it, wasn't supposed to contain life. After adventuring and finding strange artifacts and grimoires in the most remote locations any mortal has dared to venture, you've learned that this world was actually a sort of prison for the failed creations of the gods; Failed godlings, primordial Titans, all can be found located in the darkest areas of the world.

The Gods, seeing that life had arisen on their once-sterile prison were at first at odds as to what to do with them, and eventually decided that they would use these beings to keep their prison maintained. By founding religions and setting quests for the faithful they have so far made sure that their prison isn't tampered with, but things have recently gone wrong.

The Xixecal living in the northernmost pole is close to finding a portal to the Plane of Elemental water, and if its able to do so its rampage could very well cause it to usurp the pantheon of the seas and trap them in cages of primordial Ice. The brood of Chichimec contained at the center of the earth are gone, and the flame at the center of the earth is fading, which would lead to all life in the world dying out. The Atropal being encased in the Moon is strating to wake up, and undead of all variety are starting to plague the world. Only your party, after adventuring for so long in this hostile world, have the knowledge and skill required to set the world back into order.

Tl;dr Epic level monsters are fukcing up the world; are you and your party bad enough dudes to stop them?

Players take the role of a deposed pantheon of gods, now reduced to mortals who have minor powers, because the nation/culture that worshiped them no longer exists. The party must travel around and convince people to worship them based on their deeds and proof of divinity, and as their number of followers/worshipers increase their powers increase until they can ascend to the equivalent of Olympia and retake their place as the dominant pantheon/religion.

An ancient lich stole the sun and the divinity that came along with it.

A wizard and his friends live in a material plane where they can't access the other planes. The wizard finally perfects a spell that allows planar travel, but when he uses it, he discovers that he and his entire plane are actually in the far realms and removed from the material plane that everyone else is on. He's confronted by a lot of crazy creatures who try to convince him that he is insane and he is actually a tentacle-y and amorphous chaos beast of some kind (not an actual chaos beast) who is taking its new form too seriously. He eventually goes to the real material plane and meets his party's alternate, real selves, but then it turns out that they are actually chaos beast changelings who are trying to infiltrate the material plane in order to learn what it is and the guy and his party are the real humans. The far realms people wanted to keep them secluded and deluded so that they would never learn the truth and expose the chaos beasts' plot. There would be a lot of "shoot him! I'm the real me!" and 2deep plotlines involving what identity really means.

In the end it's discovered that everyone is actually a chaos beast and the whole things was a setup to see what it would be like if you introduced chaos beasts into a population that thought it wasn't chaos beasts and the material plane is still very far away (or is it? it would be left ambiguous).

Underrated

After an ancient cataclysm planar travel and summoning are impossible. until a wizard figures out a crude plane jumping spell and enlists the PCs to travel the planes of existence and figure out why the material plane was cutoff in the first place.

Turns out it was something petty, like someone just made a portal so they could shove their hand through and flip off the God of planar travel, so he was like "fuck em" and cut off the material plane, and that dudes hand in the process.

F(x) == ix*f(x)+f(x)
x==campaign

Imaginary vectors refer to virtual energy through which quantum field theory is mediated. As mages, at some point you dun goofed, and the world keeps ending. To save it you caused time to enter a recursive loop, but each time the multiverse grows more unstable- more imaginary- as the imaginary multiverse iterations start to decohere into negative "minus worlds", containing your opposites.

At this point, destroying the universe to 0 may be your *best* outcome. Good luck getting it back to 1.

>at least it's not irrational.

But then the guy's hand gained sentience due to exposure to the god's divine energy and became a rival deity that spawned many cults in the material plane

In a process called "fingering" these cultists could open very, very tiny portals where they could send things in and out, eventually creating a tyrannical trading company that exploits this process for profit and enslaves millions. With everyone at the mercy of the fingerers, the god of planar travel decided to open all portals again and the general population revolts against the fingerers, creating widespread chaos that ends in a ruined and wartorn material plane

Damn, guys, these are really good and complex as fuck. I'd love to see what you would come up with in 60 seconds

THOSE FUCKERS STOLE YOUR SHIT!

The Axes of Dimensions were stolen by Pythagoras and his army of fractal daemons! The entire reality was reduced to a one-dimensional dot. It falls upon the shoulders of our heroes to retrieve the Axes and restore the world to two, three, and finally four dimensions. But then they unexpectedly find the Fifth Axis that wasn't there before, and instead of a single timeline the reality becomes an infinite array of timelines. While traversing them, they find out that the real world is just one of these timelines, and the players playing the campaign are just alternative versions of them. They convince the players that the only way to bring things back to normal is to wrestle the dice away from the GM, the actual source of all the troubles they've been dealing with.

Two people, one after another, give missions to kill the other where in the end it turns out their target was the good guy.

Whenever the players give up and try to kill both, a third party appears who is the actual bad guy.

And then a fourth. And a fifth. And so on.

Now I want to do a one-off where the players are savages on a spaceship, and everything is narrated from their way of understanding.

>Whenever the players give up and try to kill both, a third party appears who is the actual bad guy. And then a fourth. And a fifth. And so on.
If Monty Python wrote D&D campaigns.

Don't get in rush to do that. Just read Orphans of the Sky.

You realize that I can take as long as I want, right? You have no way to time me.

You realize you are not a slave to OP or Veeky Forums right? You can leave and do anything you want. Including accepting OP's challenge or being a cheating faggot. It's all up to you user. Infinite existential freedom and all.

A man walks into a bar
But that bar is actually a portal onto a cruise ship in the astral plane
Your party members are all assorted sentient beverages with powers that depend on what kind of drink they are. When you are dead or about to die, you can drink one of them and, although it kills them in the process, you are fully healed or resurrected with no penalties.
So you're on this boat, and at first it's great. You're gliding past the stars, there's a big ballroom where parties are held every night, you have comfy accommodations, there are fine restaurants, a library, a theater, anything you could ever want. But when you try to leave, someone... or something... always stops you, some odd coincidence will occur that prevents your departure. They don't like to resort to violence, but they will if necessary. And every day you find yourself growing weaker, tireder.
As you piece together the clues and find your way closer to escape, it's revealed that when you walked into that bar, because it was heavy and made of solid adamantine, you keeled over and astral projected as your body slowly dies on the material plane. The ship represents your subconscious will to die- it wants to distract you and take you away from your previous life... permanently, while the soda bottle friends represent the small hope of survival. In the end you're presented with a choice: wake up in the material world or live the rest of your life on the ship, where you will eventually dissolve into the ambient energies of the astral plane.

Either that or the ship is some kind of negative energy parasite.

I always really liked flying islands

That's some sweet ass island tho.

That's the plot of a game on the Sega Genesis. I forget the title, if I was home I'd dig it up.

It was pretty good iirc.

Xanatos Game of Thrones! M Night Shamalayan directs! Murder ALL THE THINGS! ...except for the ones you bed. OR DO YOU?

A wizard casts geas on you and poisons you and infects you with parasites. And he holds your dog hostage.

>The BBEG realises that he is being controlled by the GM and is fine with it.

>I have the advantage. The person controlling me can do this.
Then roll to attack, and whatever it is, pick it up and turn it over to 20.

I'm sorry, but 25 seconds is about enough to come up with "so, there's adventurers and they... eh... go to kill a..."

Maybe if you didn't make your challenge so anal, more people would have responded, and maybe they wouldn't even cheat.

Or maybe "25 seconds" is just a metaphoric exaggeration, symbolic of the fact that we have to be as concise as possible

>You have 25 seconds to create the most complex dnd campaign.

I would watch the hell out of that anime
Reminds me of Perdido Street Station for some reason.
Could be fun for a 1-off. Have random tables for the characters to determine what they would otherwise do with their free will.
Sounds pretty boring friendo
Sounds like dark souls on steroids. I like.

But only
has actually read the OP

Every sapient being in the world has sudden urge to discover the meaning of life and their place in the universe.

sounds like fallout 2, but in space instead of the western US

Time travel doesn't rely on the butterfly effect, time is like a stream: you can divert it with a big enough stone, but throwing pebbles does nothing to the flow. Only huge events have an impact.

With this in mind, the BBEG is jumping across time to fuck things up in a big way to try and fix a singular massive mistake that he regrets enough to mess with time over.

Stop him.

Sounds like Fallout 2 and Phantasy Star 3.

There's ghosts... and... *buzzer*