Malifaux General: Entropy Edition

Malifaux: mega.nz/#F!cg00BCoD!mDHocpgWP_hkkM3CpCBwrQ

Through the Breach: mega.nz/#F!Z9sVSYTS!U2J243KhVsUuOqAnsqTj4A

Book 1 - Basic Rules and first wave of updated (from 1st edition of Malifaux) models
Book 2 - Second wave of updated models and scenarios
Book 3 - Campaign system and new M2E models
Book 4 - Entirely new models and scenarios

Discord voice chat for Malifaux chat and memery: discord.gg/xWkuFRz

Through the Breach Fated Almanac - Basic rules for the RPG set in Malifaux
Through the Breach Fatemaster Almanac - GM stuff for the RPG

>What is Malifaux?
Malifaux is a 32mm Skirmish Tabletop game, with a focus on completing several different objectives, while denying your opponent their objectives.

Gaining Grounds Tournament Rules: themostexcellentandawesomeforumever-wyrd.com/topic/123837-gaining-grounds-2017/

Discussion Topic: What does your terrain and board look like?

Other urls found in this thread:

1d4chan.org/wiki/Malifaux#Masters_5
deathraydesigns.com/product-category/basing/fantasy-basing-2/fantasy-steampunk/
secretweaponminiatures.com/
dragonforge.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why is Leveticus said to be the cancer which kills Malifaux?

He used to be but he got nerfed. Now hes pretty ok. Still good at being himself but not the best master in the game.

Because he was the go to master for munchkins. Thankfully he has been declawed somewhat, but he still has some very good options available.

So it is not lore-releated?

No, he is cool in the fluff. And mechanically he is much more reasonable now, as Wyrd seems to actually know what they are doing.

In the fluff hes supposed to lead the horsemen against the tyrants.

pshh who needs that old man to fight tyrants when you've got Titania

From 1d4chan 1d4chan.org/wiki/Malifaux#Masters_5

Leveticus: The Cancer that is killing Malifaux is his title, but only in the game's setting though. Necro-steampunk zen guy. Basically he will die every turn, and this is good. It makes him one of the hardest masters to beat and to learn. Plays the most balls out offence game, even against alpha strike Neverborn. He can also summon a pretty powerful Desolation Engine from his Steampunk Abominations that he made out of the mangled remains of your crew/his crew. His crew is limited and the best choices are unique shit as bizarre and prone to loop dying as he is, ergo assassination or slaughter is just unfair against him. Being the first to play him in a local meta will net you a lot of easy wins because he has very little in common with anything else in the game.

So I tried Von Schill with Scout the Field, Paid in Blood and Survivalist, and i was so stupid i didn't realize that with Scout The Field+Paid In Blood i would be able to stand and shoot first turn. Doh.

Lesson learned for next time

Levi was only the second best master (collete had that title) in his prime and that was largely due to the combination of him with the rat engine. GG2017 turned the schemes and strats to ones harder for him to do and the removal of the rat engine busted him down quite a bit, but he was still one of the stronger masters in the game.
The nerf to channel was just overkill that made him bad at "being himself" because in the transition to 2e he lost everything except damage and his damage spread is awful.

>1d4chan
There is your problem

Especially since that description is of 1.5 Levi, most of their content is.
Not that its entirely wrong when applied to 2e levi, he is absolutely brutal to play against the first few times, similar to Rasputina and a few other masters.

For all you Tara players out there, have you ever wanted to bring beast bomb Tara in your non-Tara outcast lists? HERE IS HOW!
Nothing Beast with Void Shield
1+ Void Wretches
Scion of the Void
Turn 1 Void Wretch attacks the nothing beast to make him glimpse the void and get buried, even if you have killjoy or levi buried this is possible thanks to void shield. Scion of the void waits to activate until some other models have moved up and/or you have used some pushes/fast on her then teleports to one of them, then another (preferably an enemy model) and uses her 0 to unbury the nothing beast in range to charge or attack enemy models!

As Ten Thunders, what would I be looking to infiltrate over as Jakob Lynch? Assuming that anything is worth infiltrating over of course.

Well the only pure neverborn (other than stitched together) Illuminated is Depleted isnt it? Or are beckoners also neverborn only?
Both of those are worthwhile, Depleted are great at engaging things so they cant scheme and beckoners can spread brilliance at ranged.
Stitched Together can be pretty rad thematically because they are like little mini lynches.

Jack Daw can bring Papa Loco and has no tax on Envy so he can easily deliver + flips to damage or focus to his dudes. What are the best things to use this with? I imagine Rusty Alyce charging would be pretty scary, Montresor has his 7 severe but what else is there?

Any good replacement models for Leveticus's abominations?

I REALLY fucking hate those things.

Warmachine mechanothralls maybe? Remember theres two sets of abominations, the 2E plastic ones and some old metal ones.

You could probably kitbash the iron zombies and/or some necropunks into abomination looking things.

If you mean gameplay wise, you generally dont have to hire them at all with levi, they are more like a "bonus" you get from killing things.

Would people be pissy if I use cephalyx drudge models?

They seem to fit the theme. For normal games whether they are an acceptable proxy will vary by player.
For tournaments though unless the guy running it allows it (tourney hosts can change some of the proxy/painting rules) they technically aren't valid.

Post conversions

Shit, is there any other cool Malifaux art out there?

Went looking on deviantart.
Found this instead.

When I move a gremlin with Trixiebelle's lure, do I have to put him in a straight line right behind her or can I move him past her as long as he is still in btb with her?

You push, so you cannot move through models.

That I know, but would I have to move the shortest distance (ex. 1) or may I go as far as I want to, given I stay close to her? (ex. 2)

The first, pushes between models are directly towards.

Alrighty. Thanks for clearing that up.

Lure isn't a push so it doesn't have to be a straight path, but it does have to be the shortest route possible.
So the answer is still 1, but a Lure can maneuver you around objects or other models that pushes can't.

I think that person did a pregnant Lillith instead.
"Mother of Monsters" i suppose. Can't Nekima summon Terror Tots? The model seems appropriate, if a little disturbing.
Nearly all of it is Lady J or Rusty Alyce.

By the way where can i read the stuff about "The Event" and the General-Gorvernor murder/failed attempt to become a Tyrant?

Ripples of Fate, Nythera TtB, Chronicles

Starting to get to the final stretch with barbaros. What is everyone working on?
And do you guys think barbaros is worth his SS cost? Only played one game with him so far.

Didn't mean to reply to your post whoops

Just finished an Alt Barbaros myself, It's such a nicer model than the standard one. I've been meaning to try using him but I can never really find space for him, seems like he'd be pretty good with Titania.
I've got a tournament next week, need to get a Coryphee and a couple of changelings done for it, should be easy enough.

As an upcoming gremlin player I'm seeking out some advice. I want to play ulix and I'm curious as to how well ulix and his crew can deal with wp duels I'm aware pigs have shit for wp. Also if anyone has played with the swine cursed how did that go? What did you use them for?
The other thing I want to ask about is Zipp I like his playstyle of control and all that but I'm worried about not having an effective beat stick in the crew people usually would take burt for that job but I worry that he'd just get focused and die.

Not too familiar with Ulix but Quality Mash Liquor and making more pigs should be enough.

Swine-Cursed are stupid with Wong because of Magical and Ooo Glowy. Don't think I'd use them with anyone else.

Zipp is incredibly obnoxious with his placement and denial shenanigans. I'm currently running him with Lazarus and Burt while my buddy does Burt and Francois. You can use Zipp to minimize the number of threats your dudes have to face each turn.

Barbaros is awesome, so long as you understand he isn't going to be doing a lot of damage, what he is going to be doing is be a colossal pain in the ass. With all his pushes and challenge aura he is just annoying as hell to deal with.

Out of curiosity, were the earlier masters supposed to be modeled after tarot cards? Justice, The Hanged Man, The High Priestess all seem kind of obvious.

Thanks for the advice Zipp, if you don't mind I'd like to discuss with you though why I feel like swine cursed could run with ulix. They can acquire the pig keyword and ulix loves anything with pigs plus they can heal also the not too close action is nice for a push to the surrounding pigs. Ulix can help them hit hard with slop em up, prodding and should it really be needed proper care just to add to their own healing. Plus ulix benefits from having more pork on the field and Penelope helps to add one to a friendly pig models wk. I think they can be very good in ulix's crew and in any body's crew as a somewhat tough bunch of guys. Sure with Wong they sky rocket punch everything but that's because it's Wong and he's a damage god amongst a damage dealing faction.

My experience with him is he's a big distraction thats far easier to kill than a defensive model should be. He's generally an easy replace (unless you need some henchmen for schemes/strats)

He can't sit there and Tank, he needs to find a spot where he can be an annoying dick without drawing enough attention to kill him. If he's in the wrong position he's either dying quickly or not doing enough to be worth his points and sometimes theres no good position for him to be in, but he usually is worth it.

Pretty sure gremlin lure is

Like I said I'm not terribly familiar with Ulix so that makes sense to me.

Ah my bad dude

Bump goddamn it

What options am I looking at for condition removal in Ten Thunders?

What is TtB?
Also should i read the 1.5 to get some introduction to lore or start with 2.0?

Through the Breach is the tabletop role playing game set in malifaux, it uses cards too and it's pretty fun.

Read the 1.5 stories first. The stories in Malifaux go chronologically from the first 1.5 book to the most recent 2E book. The event is covered with 1.5, while the Govenor's attempted ascension is mostly 2E stuff. Both are accompanied by stories on Chronicles.

Just finished up Daw and Monty. About to start in some tormented and ligeia.

K ty.

I really like Montresor, the skin tone is nice.
Something about jacks skin just looks a little cartoony for my tastes.
Are those bases the metal inserts wyrd used to do?

I was experimenting with different washes. I went with jacks because I was trying to get something a kin to his art work with the glow from the oldest magic. I'm a little iffy about it myself but I'm not really sure what to do with it. Maybe a dry brush of the original skin tone over it?
I was definitely happy with how montresor came out as a whole, but the skin came out perfectly.

I think they're secret weapon flagstone or cobblestone bases. My local group likes to do a lot of resin casting. So we got a set of the bases and made a latex model of them so we can make our own. Secret weapon has a lot of really nice scenic bases though.

Low river monks are great especially with their new 0 point upgrade. Chiaki is the other option. Other than that Johan.

Lucius hype.

Best master is finally good.

So due to a combination of a horrid painting accident, and my likely weak googlefu. I am without that dumb little book that comes with the Starter set with the step by step how to play scenario basics. Does it exist in a PDF?

So, i'm really wanting to start collecting, putting together, painting, and playing this game and the models of Neverborn. My question is, I really like the Barbaros model they're offering so i want to get enough to get it. So far i've been told to get a skin walker, and Lilith's starter box. can anyone suggest anything else?

It depends on how you want to run Lilith. If you want to go full demons and shit then get models with the Nephilim characteristic. For Lilith specifically Nekima and the Young/Mature Nephilim box, but others like Tuco and Mr. Graves aren't bad either. For general Neverborn good stuff get primordial magic and waldgeists.

Skin Walker or doppelganger? If it's the first then get the second. Doppelgangers are amazing. Nekima is also solid. Other than that I'm not to familiar with neverborn to give specifics.

I'm a neverborn player but I don't really use lilith much, stuff I get a lot of use out of though; Nekima, Illuminated and beckoners

here. I was also interested in Jakob and Pandora. Would I be best looking at either of them instead? Only table top game i really play is MTG and i'm an aggro player for sure.

Both masters you mentioned are excellent starting points as well. That said Lilith is about as red aggro as it gets (Though she does have some tricks).

Emissary, too.
Probably the best condition removal action on the game.

Pandora is a reasonably trixy master all about being annoying and screwing your opponents plans up, making your opponent miserable, especially if they're not familiar with how she works.
Lynch and his crew would probably suit your style pretty well, Lynch and his crew do stupid damage.
I think it's worth getting Lilith too, she's incredibly versatile and you'll want terror tots at some point in the future anyway because they're great scheme runners.

Aggro and tricks? That's me for sure! I'll start with Lilith! Thanks everyone! One last question Where do I find some nice bases? Like, ive seen some that look like cobble stone or wooden floors, those look awesome.

That's only with shenlong though. With him it's just dirty. Especially with a low river monks walking around with him for three free cards a turn.

Anyone have any thoughts on Titania and how to build a decent crew for her? I normally have a core of two of the knights and Nekima then adjust the rest of the crew as needed.
Just curious if other people have radically different compositions.

jack daw user from before. What color should I paint legeia's dress? I was thinking red for the trim but not sure about the rest of it. I want to avoid white just because its a pain to paint.

Burgundy. It is good for tabletop purposes as it stands out from the skin easily.

I was gunna do red for the trim but I guess I can swap it. What should I do for the trim then. Keep in mind the skin is going to be similar to montresor in

I have Misaki, Tara, leviticus and von shill. What's the most dickish list possible with them?

Why this thread keeps dying?

New to the game and want to read up on other masters. Which are the scariest/top tier right now?

Not much to talk about. No releases, not much bitching to do, and game strategy is hard to talk about because the game is so situation based

Got the starter set, thinking about expanding on the miniatures I already have, should I go for with hunters or nephilim box?

>Situation based
You can still make pretty accurate predictions on how things will go

Brush4Hire does card inserts and I use those.

Couple knights, a big hitter, doppelganger, and scheme runners yeah. She can get pretty annoying with Graves and Tannen, too.

Tara dumping Bishop/Killjoy/Taelor with Fast on somebody's head turn 1.

Ramos, So'mer, Kirai, Marcus, Viks

Why both both? Sonnia/McMourning/McCabe/Perdita for Guild, Lilith/Dreamer for Neverborn

Well my budget isn't limitless and the boxes ain't cheap. My main issue is that the Lillith box is based around makin the babbies grow up, but doesn't come with teen and adult versions

Growth isn't really that important. Tots are awesome scheme runners and turning them into young or mature gets rif of that.

Lilith's main strengths are positioning and flexibility. She works well with basically everything.

Oh, is that so

Well in that case I'm back to square one between her and Sonnia

>Marcus
And what would be the possible lists for him?
I have his box on painting schedule, and i barely read the cards. Is it actually a good idea to turn him into a workhouse of the crew with the upgrades?

Well, Sonnia is probably easier to pick up and the Guild half of the starter is generally more useful than the Neverborn half. Sonnia just throws fire and explosions everywhere. In Guild, often considered the most murderrific faction, Sonnia is singular in her commitment to tabling your opponent.

Lilith is pretty straightforward to pick up but she also has a ton of depth. Positioning and flexibility are what she's about so she can go with just about anything.

Usually Marcus just kills people with lots of extra attacks and min damage 4. He runs with the staple Arcanist powerlist bullshit (Howard, Myranda, imbued energies on everything) and steamrolls you. He can also do tricky beast shit if you get bored with killing everything.

If you would give away the "staple Arcanist powerlist bullshit list which steamrolls you" i would be grateful.
Thought i thought tricky beast shit is what he does mostly.

Howard with imbued
Joss with imbued
Myranda with imbued
Cassandra with Practiced Production and a Malifaux Raptor
Mech Ridet with imbued

Pick any 3 of those depending on strat and schemes. Round out your crew with mimions and enjoy your free wins due to skillful play.

the salt is real

For base inserts my go to is Death Ray Designs. They are cheap but look good and can be pretty easy to paint up. Also flexible enough that you can play around like cutting out a section in the stone/planks and putting sand to make a dirt patch. I've just been working on getting some bases ready to go with their inserts.

deathraydesigns.com/product-category/basing/fantasy-basing-2/fantasy-steampunk/

Secret Weapon also has a great selection of resin bases. More expensive but more detailed.

secretweaponminiatures.com/

I'm salty. Arcanists are the most frustrating faction to play with or against. So many auto includes, so many absurdly powerful models and upgrades. I ding even enjoy playing Sandeep any more because it's so easy mode.

I'm salty. Arcanists are the most frustrating faction to play with or against. So many auto includes, so many absurdly powerful models and upgrades. I don't even enjoy playing Sandeep any more because it's so easy mode.

Thoughts on Gremlins then?

Strong second place. Reckless just shouldn't exist in its current incarnation. So'mer is good at everything. Gremlins also have the worst internal balance of any faction.

Wong, Zipp, and Brewy are fun af though.

I once tried to update their incredibly incorrect pile of awful information but the fucking mods kept reverting it.

That place is a shithole.

>mfw after so many games that I failed with brewy, I finally figured out how to play him, and my oponent litterally gave up activating his models at drinking contest, because he kept pulling 1-4 and 10-13 on negative flip on willpower duels and his guys were already poisoned as fuck
>mfw I almost sent out Izamu to deployment zone, but he chated duel with red jocker, which he wanted to use to take out brewie

>pushes between models are directly towards.
Are you sure?
I thought if the wording is "push into base contact with" then either of the examples is acceptable.
If the wording was "push directly towards" then you would be correct.

His Taunt is a complete pain in the arse, given how hard he is.

Page 46 of the small rulebook has the rules for pushes.

I'm the Daw user before. Secret weapon bases are a bit more expensive but they paint up really well and they look nice.

The other company I like is dragon forge bases. Beautifully sculpted bases, especially the Aztec ones. The one problem is it's literally one guy working out of his garage so it can take awhile, but hes a pretty cool guy and does great work.
dragonforge.com

Micro art studios has some nice ones as well if you live in Europe. They're a bit of a hassle to get in the state's though.