"Cuckric of Ahriman" edition

"Cuckric of Ahriman" edition

>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=qGwYxqKGcvY

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Don't you dare dog ear the pages.)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

Please put the title in the title field so your garbage thread will be filtered out. Thank you.

This bread sucks

Didn't realize how kyoote the models for spyders are

>dubs names mine

no u

Spyder

meeple meep

what's that fucking shit that I keep reading regaring the thousand snds and eldar's explain this to me finally or I will tear your arm off

Freddy

RowBoat

rumor has it in Gathering storm 2 that Ynnead chick undid the rubric to stop Ahriman and then threw the refleshed Thousand sons into the warp to troll ahriman

There is no rumor about it we literally have a screen shot of the book

It is, but people are more interested in actually seeing games of 40k get played. Losing with grace so people know WHY you would have conceded then is important.

>rumour
The fluff page where it happens has literally been posted in the threads multiple times you idiot.

>rumor has it

>In another part of the battle, the sorcerers of the Thousand Sons are laying waste to the Eldar and its only the presence of Eldrad that holds them in check. Kysaduras meets his end at the psychic power of Ahriman, turned into a crude wooden statue stuck eternally in a cry of anguish. The Harlequins manage to push into Ahriman’s forces, but Ahriman points his staff and turns them into dust. Yvraine, the Visarch and the Yncarne rush in, but Ahriman lifts his hands and suddenly the Eldar Triumvirate find themselves adrift - on the outside of the webway! Yvraine can feel eyes on her back and knows that if she turns she will meet the gaze of the Changer of Ways and learn the meaning of madness. The Visarch and the Yncarne are desperately trying to cut through the wall of the webway, to no avail. Yvraine looks down through the wall of the webway instead and sees Ahriman. A sudden flash of insight strikes her and she shouts out, “Ahriman! I have the power you seek! I can restore your brothers!”.

>“Why should I believe you?” he replies. Yvraine reaches out with her power, and focuses on the Rubric Marines that accompany Ahriman and ‘reverses the cycle of their existence’. The marines of the XVth Legion suddenly stagger backwards, before rallying around Ahriman with the discipline of the Legiones Astartes. “Ahzek, is that you brother?” they call out, “What in the name of Magnus is going on? Why are we fighting Eldar?” Ahriman is stunned, shaking uncontrollably with emotion. He reaches out and pulls the Eldar Triumvirate back into the Webway. “Now!” Yvraine signals to her companions, as a Wraithknight smashes a hole in the webway and the Yncarne sucks all the newly resurrected Legionaries out into the void. Ahriman screams in denial, chasing off after them on his disc. “The Whispering God gives new life,” Yvraine says watching the Thousand Son forces get overrun, “Just as he takes life away”.

01100001 01110011 01110011 01101000 01101111 01101100 01100101

>try Castellans detachment in 850 point game
>have 1 Drop Pod
>Deep Strike into choke point
>land the strike
>enemy finally breaks it
>doesn't explode, leaves debris
>goes into Ongoing Reserves again
>Deep Strike again right behind the same choke point
>land the strike
>choke point still too small to get his Dreadnought through
>needs to break it again, has luck with it exploding
>goes into Ongoing reserves again

This is pretty fucking bullshit, desu.
Using several Drop Pods with that and building a wall of debris is a pretty fucking scumbag tactic.

Its not rumor user posted pics of the fluff a couple days ago and that was part of what happened.

sorry for not being here allday erry day, moron

Smegma McRoodypoo

>one chance 5+
truly op

Ahriman ambushed the heralds of the Ynnead to suck out their delicious knowledge.

Yvraine called on the Ynnead's power to dispel the Rubric's curse on a few of the Thousand Sons, returning them to their pre-Broken lords state and giving them their minds back. Ahriman was immediately overcome with such emotion that he literally didn't know what to do, and basically just stood there dumbstruck.

The Eldar used this opportunity to tear a massive hole in the walls, sucking the resurrected Thousand Sons into the Warp before they could appreciate being alive again.

>*Outflankz w/ outdated Zhadsnark rules behind u*
>*unsheathes dakkagunz*

GYAHAHA...NUFFIN PERSONNEL 'UMIE

>*gets killed before he can attack because I1*

That honestly just makes 40k a shit competitive game to watch, Starcraft is very similar, once the player is in a position where they will loose they forfeit instead of 15 minutes of watching the other guy blow up thier bases

The difference is they can jump into game two after like 5 minutes, while 40k takes much longer to set back up

That's the issue of a game that is a lot like chess, it's like like a fighting game where someone on 1Hp can and regularly makes comebacks

>I guess I shouldn't say it's shit outright but it for sure has some problems that will keep it from growing if they aren't changed

A 1/3rd chance is still pretty decent, especially when using a Steel Rain tactic of spamming the shits.

now stand still and wait for your I1 to strike

No one watches StarCraft anymore

Challenges you out with any at initiative rapist in the game

>nothing personal ork players

Outdated rules interactions are pretty much the only boon orks get

Zards I4 and strikes at initiative.

>That honestly just makes 40k a shit competitive game to watch
More or less. 40k is only really fun to watch when played casually.

It shines there, though. Only problem is finding other appropriately casual players to knock heads with.

Literally has nothing to do with what I'm trying to say, there's another board for shit talking SC, but can you agree it's a similar situation where people usually forfeit instead of letting a game drag on, and it works there because the way it's set up?

>or did you just wanna talk out of your ass instead of contributing?

They're not physically weaker in the way you're claiming. We know they can kill marines, they're individually capable of taking down multiple World Eaters even when outnumbered.

Ra is just saying that they were ill-disciplined, they were basically barbarian shock-troops, so they'd make poor soldiers in wars that weren't just massive, million-strong melee bloodbaths like the Unification Wars were. Marines can actually into tactics.

And they don't have all of the marine's additional organs, they're just regular humans that have been weaponised, so they wouldn't be so reliable against various ayys that can use shit like acid, poisons and other weird shit that marines would be more resistant too thanks to their geneseed-spawned internals.

>Implyin' anygit could chase down a sunz warbiker
>implyin' yoo can charge wot yer can't katch

Figurez da imperial boyz neva learned da roolz

What was "Heroes of the Imperium" army in 3rd edition rulebook?

>They're not physically weaker in the way you're claiming.

They are as of Master of Mankind.

>Ra is just saying that they were ill-disciplined

And without all the enhancements of true Marines.

Pretty fucking shitty. I always liked Ahriman as a tragic villain more than a Saturday morning cartoon villain, and I hope showing him they can in fact reverse the Rubric fucks them in the end. I hope he captures her and uses her as an anti-rubric battery, draining Ynnead of power ultimately because of her treachery.

I think it'd be better if they had games played at lower point values. Lower points means shorter games, less models, and less time to set up. It also means that playing out the match doesn't take as long, and an early surrender will eat up way less time, relatively speaking.

Of course, I'm sure all the netlisters would hate it, since they can barely squeeze in 5 Riptides at 1000 points.

Inquisitor, missionary, confessor, preacher, assassins, to be used with the proper imperial forces.

When was he even a Saturday morning cartoon villain? He went from an all around awesome hero to an embittered anti-hero who was forced to resort to extreme measures.

1500 seems acceptable, but certain people don't like it because they wanna bring certain models and formations

How long would a 2-3 at like 1000-1250 last? They would be decently fun to watch

>maybe top 8 could bump it to 1500 and you have a day to Taylor it to the other players just to really fuck with lists

I dont think she dispelled it as much as complete reverted the rubrics to a time before it happened. Its like she can control both life and death

For Crusader squads, am I right to assume that the best way to run them is by trying to get them into melee and mixing CCWs and Boltguns in a 50/50 split? Keeps the unit viable at range and gives a decent boost in assault, should it not?

Did the rubric happen before or after the Thousand sons fell to chaos?

This is more of a problem with Drop pods in general rather than the Castellans though.

You know what's better than a 1 in 3 chance for a free empty drop pod for your tactical squads? 10 guaranteed free drop pods for your entire army in a Gladius.

I was more hoping that they might end up turning him away from Chaos and redeem him as the first chaos character.

Then I remembered this is 40k and nobody ever has a good ending.

>They are as of Master of Mankind.

I quoted the only mention of Thunder Warriors in that book. It doesn't say what you want it to say. Simply repeating the claim despite the evidence doesn't make it true.

They'd have sucked in the Great Crusade because they weren't soldiers, they were barbarians.

Individually, they're harder than marines though. The Outcast Dead and Horus Heresy: Book One both supports this.

Creating units to try and accomplish multiple totally different jobs at once

God damn just one of those regular reminders why I don't like playing with marines

After per athousand sons

Introducing mandatory list tailoring is a bad idea, since then Tau rule the day because they have the most generic platforms and don't need to buy 5 new kits to change their list.

1500 would probably improve things a fair amount though.

After as it was an attempt to halt the flesh change

Scuddles mc-duddles

Nigger

I don't understand why there's so much autistic screeching about going down to 1500, you can still bring a wraithknight, you can still bring most retarded broken formations

Can someone a bit more tourney savvy please enlighten me?

Not really. You're better off going full assault regardless. At most, give shotguns to some of the Neophytes if you want a bit more shooting ability, but those boltguns are a waste most of the time.

If you're outside of 12 where boltguns are more useful, you want to be running so you can charge sooner. If you're inside 12, you want to charge, so the boltguns are pointless.

Boltguns should only be on crusade squads that are taking a special & heavy weapon on a small 5 man team.

The entire purpose of Crusader squads is to be able to fulfill multiple roles since they're canonically the only kind of regular Marines that Black Templars even use. They also can't be taken in any Formation apart from the Wrathful Crusade (which isn't even good either) and can only take a Combi weapon if they pay 10 points for the Veteran upgrade to even have a Sergeant equivalent.

Also, Black Templar chapter tactics are absolute ass.

Was Kharn a Thunder Warrior?

I understand he dates back to the Unification Wars

What's the story about this? What happened?

I don't really know tourney's either, though just having 350 less points to chew through will speed games up. I mean, that's potentially 5 extra tactical squads to waste time setting up, moving, removing, etc.

Nope, just a particularly gnarly marine. The only World Eater who had the balls to not grovel to Angron while he was sulking about the Emprah ruining his death-or-glory last stand.

Going to lower points only helps the broken armies and hurts the ones that are already hurting.

I agree that moving to lower points in general would be better for the game overall but it needs to be done alongside a rebalancing of the Codices.

He was born during the unification wars just like ahriman

He is most certainly an astartes, just one of the oldest

>*turbo boosts with Toughness 6 behind u*
>*unsheathes exposed decaying bowels from corpulent belly*

WEHEHEHEHE *breathes through respirator* NOTHING PERSONNEL, IMPERIAL

Nah, Terran born and part of the first wave of neophytes

>It doesn't say what you want it to say.

It does.
First of all it says the Thunder Warrior advance is ramshackle, which means they lack the mental prowess of the Marines.
It says the Thunder Warriors lack all the Marine enhancements.
Then it states their physical inferiority as they lack all the enhancements of "true Space Marines" implying they're knock off space marines.

>They'd have sucked in the Great Crusade because they weren't soldiers, they were barbarians.

No, they were soldiers. In fact Marines are called far finer soldiers.

>Individually, they're harder than marines though. The Outcast Dead and Horus Heresy: Book One both supports this.

Those are old and retconned.

I can't believe Orks got another buff. They already had ranged D from their New Gun Waaarp Kannons, and now with the new Gathering Storm: Revenge of Gazghkul it's just too much. 1st turn deep strike teleport for the whole army? Come on, even with the chance for a mishap it's broken with the inclusion of the triumvirate of the Green. Orkimedies means they will never scatter and wazdakka let's them shoot them charge in the shooting phase on the same turn then they arrive. Yet again another xenos buff. When is it chaos' turn?

*shoots you to death while ignoring your nurgley cover save and proceeds to refuse to die while grabbing objectives for the rest of the game*

>nothing personal fleshfag

Why don't we just put this to rest and post the screencap of the quote in MoM?

>spend 20-30 minutes setting up
>blow away his Death Star turn two because he rolled 10 1s for his saves
>"WOOOW, I concede geegee"
How is this supposed to be good manners or sportsmanship?

Done already.

Still won't convince him that Thunder Warriors weren't all -4 Str

>LoWs and superheavies/gargantuan creatures removed from sub-1850 point games
>point standard set to 1500
>remove/change grav and jink

How much would this fix and how would you fix Riptides to not be the absolute dominant thing in that environment?

Because there's absolutely no way to win at that point? Blowing out a deathstar on turn 2 means that you're probably looking at a 1850 vs 1000 point game. It's just going to be steadily wiping out the cheap troops the dude brought to camp objectives. How is that worth anyone's time?

>The second wave of Imperial Army troops were ordered with the bleak task of clear-up operations in the wake of the War Hounds' assault, hunting down any survivors hiding in the warren of tunnels and passageways, of which there proved to be precious few. There were multiple reports of coming across the hulking carcasses of Thunder Warriors, each with four to five Space Marines dead around them

>Proceeds to buzz loudly and obnoxiously

You would need to remove D weapons of all sorts, as well as fixing Scatbikes. Other than that, it'd probably be a big step up.

>how would you fix Riptides
Make Riptides a Lord of War.

Get in the tourney mindset
>I am here to win games and win money
>I've played a million games with this list against all the armies in the meta
>I know that since he just 6'd out these key units I have about a 1% chance of winning
>I can't win so there's literally no reason to drag this game out anymore
>gg lets get to our next games

In casual, absolutely you're a cunt for quitting turn 1-2, in a tourney it's just a different zeitgeist with a lot more autism, talk to some tourney players and I'm sure they had stories where people drag games out in desparation or spite and they get annoyed

>*ambushes behind all three of you*
>*rends everyone to death in a massive multicharge whirlwhind of death for half the points using only civilian-grade mining equipment and prison shanks*

Overconfident blowhard faggots, get gud.

>Still won't convince him that Thunder Warriors weren't all -4 Str

I'm not saying they're -4 strength, I'm saying they're shittier than Marines.

Thanks, but as I said, old and retconned.

Make Nova more risky, increase their base points, remove default weapons, and make them pay for all weapon choices.

In the terms of tournament play? Gives you and your opponent a break in what is usually a pretty tight schedule rather than play out a forgone conclusion.

However for streamed/recorded games, it's a completely pointless gesture for the people watching, who would obviously like to see everything play out.

I propose that junk cannot be modified by any other cover, you either take your regular cover save or your jink

>fluffy? No balanced? Yes
>come at me DEldar players you can get your own special rule since you jack off to night fighting

Make them Jet Pack Walkers.

Dildo

No this is the lore I grew up with and I refuse to aknowlege it was changed despite the new lore being better

Wimbleton.

>and how would you fix Riptides to not be the absolute dominant thing in that environment?

Every Tau player is taken aside by the resident Ork/Nid players, an official Gamesworkshop bag is placed over his head and a baseball bat is taken to his Riptide whilst the Ork guy holds him. (A picture of Cruddace is taped to the Riptide and the nid player is given 5 minutes alone with it)

For every 'tide removed in this manner the Tau player is bought a box of Vespid/Kroot or sniper drones.

Just deleting Riptide Wing would go a long way.

MODELING MASOCHISM TIEM
>painting an entire Necron army in NMM

Suffered wounds make nova charges riskier (+1 to the die roll per wound)

OR

Suffered wounds disable a random piece of gear, drawn from the weapons systems, the jetpack, and any auxiliary systems (the shield, the FnP generator, etc).

Kek is not with us today

>rolling for Mr Spyder

Unless he's min maxed to the extreme the rest of his army shouldn't just be worthless chaff.
There isn't literally 'no way to win' as he could roll very well next turn and it is as fun to see how you lose as who wins or loses.

To focus purely on who wins and loses and nothing else seems incredibly childish and fore fitting 15 minutes in is extremely rude.

>old and retconned.

Except it's clearly not.

Stay jelly marinefag.

That doesn't sound like much fun at all.

You really enjoy depressing yourself don't you.

How many real 40k tourneys have you been to that wasn't just your store?
What was the size of the largest one you went to?
How many real large tourney games have you played?

Tourney 40k=\= fun casual 40k

>Riptide gets a -1 to Nova Reactor rolls for each missing wound

Can this be an actual rule? This sounds like a really simple way to actually make the Riptide lose effectiveness as it takes wounds. Just remove the Stim Injector's ability to cancel out wounds from it.

>Except it's clearly not.

>The Horus Heresy Book One - Betrayal
>2012

>Master of Mankind
>2016

It is.

>>fluffy? No

I never understood why Jink was modified by cover saves anyway. It doesn't represent the biker lowering his head further, it's meant that the biker does some curaaaaazeh stunt to dodge and weave past all projectiles. If anything, that should make him more obvious on the field and reduce his cover since he most likely pivots out while making his dodge maneuver.

This is a competitive tournament environment we're talking about. Nobody shows up to play fluffy fun games. They are all focused on winning. Conceding when you know you've lost in this environment is a courtesy, it's the opposite of rude. Dragging games out when both players know its over is what is considered rude here.

Don't like that? That's fine, don't play competitive tourneyhammer. The game wasn't designed for that anyways. 40k only really shines in narrative map campaigns with persistent forces and leveling/veterancy mechanics and unique mission special rules.