Alright Veeky Forums, time to fess up. What is that one campaign you've always really wanted to run, but never will?

Alright Veeky Forums, time to fess up. What is that one campaign you've always really wanted to run, but never will?

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.Veeky
twitter.com/AnonBabble

high seas adventure where the players get a bunch of silly magic items and meet npcs with silly items too..with realistic ship to ship combat

Sci-fi adventure that has dead serious politics mixed with space whales and robots made of crystal.

Martial arts tournament game where the non-combat PCs try to sabotage the opposition's training/ruin their concentration/feed them laxatives.

A campaign where every map will be based on a few games of Quiet Year's results.

Late Bronze/Early Iron age game set in the middle east.

I really wanted to do a supers campaign where every session took place in a different decade/era of comics.It would go something like this:
>1930's, heavily influenced by pulp/the Shadow stuff. Defeating a weird cult's doomsday plot.
> 1940's, Patriotic War story with lots of Nazi punching
>1950's, really silly "Bat Mite" type session.
>1960's Ham-fistedly topical session where the protagonists have feet of clay and the villains represent some form of social ills.
>1970's Weird cosmic level stuff
>1980's (the Final session) would be a sort-of Watchmen/Dark Knight Returns riff, with a rather grim deconstruction of what happened before hand.

I can never get a regular group together that likes supers though, and the campaign would more-or-less encourage people to abandon characters and stat new ones between sessions, which some people would be less down with.

I've often just wanted to come up with weebiest, dorkiest campaign I can and run it with a bunch of people who are willing to play it relatively straight.

Call of Cthulhu where the players don't react to everything with "Pssssh, bitch. Eat buckshot, shoggoth!"

It never works but they absolutely refuse to stop trying.

"We just need to get some explosives..." You need to run, god dammit, you're not fucking Henderson.

I've always wanted to run a supernatural investigation campaign. With the PCs working for a secret organization dedicated to stopping the paranormal

So basically MAID?

This will never happen, ever. Because CoC is actually super. fucking. boring. when run "correctly."

Every time something interesting happens, you have to run away, lest you go insane or die.

SMT. The world ends, and the party is fight demons and other humans to create the new world in their image.

A few, but no one I know or at the local games club are interested.

>A long running One Piece game
>A post apoc car combat game, a la Mad Max
>A Bioshock game
>A game using the Kicks system

Less moeshit, more shonen battle manga. I should have clarified.

I've always wanted to run an all-(insert class+race combo) campaign in Pathfinder but the playerbase is too cancerous for it to work.

A non-canon adventure centered around the gith rebellion at the end of time. It would feature the far realms, time travel, all kinds of stuff.

>non-canon
non-canon with what?

Use Lovecraftesque.

But user, that's less weeb than cute girls doing cute sheaningans, you gotta concede.

user

user

Same character each session, but reimagined for their decade

Also

>All lizardfolk barbarians
>GMPC human cleric
I can think of some funny scenarios here.

>but never will?
Never will get to but want to?
Never will, because of you want to but don't want to?

The actual gith rebellion that created the githyanki/githzerai split

Oh that doesn't sound bad

A game where the players actuallyg get to level 20..... its never gonna happen, is it?

... so MAID?

Magic Academy

I have no idea how to do it mechanically, but a super robot wuxia game would be amazing.

A Psychonauts game where the PCs are all kids at the psychic summer camp with different psychic powers and mental issues. The BBEG would be the manager of a local grocery store chain that was using his stores' food to psychically control the townspeople. The main NPC would be the only camp counselor that didn't mysteriously disappear.

Unfortunately I've never found a system that can run it well enough to try.

There's a setting on 1d4chan called Wild Cards, an alternate history where the USA split into North and South during the Civil War and the Wild West got even wilder and weirder.

Also, the Devil is either handing out or trying to recover 52 magical guns, each named after a playing card, and they all have weird powers, like stopping time for 1 second after every shot, or acting like a voodoo doll where the wielder is the doll.

Can't decide if I want to run it as Brisco County Jr meets Borderlands 1 or Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3 with Cowboys.

Cowboys can be hard to sell to people, especially 'weird OC setting' cowboys. Also I can't find a good system. I was leaning towards Fate with Weapon scores but no Armor and a lot of custom gunfighting skills but I was having a rough time with making the gun powers work in a way that was mechanically distinct from the rest of the system, and I really wanted the Cards to be gamechangers, not just +2 and free rerolls.

A PbtA hack of Fading Suns. I've got a cool group, but I don't think I can convince everyone to actually throw down on that much high nobility planetary romance melodrama. Gritty post apocalyptic high stakes car chases, gonzo sword and planet hex crawls, but for some reason everyone pretending to be lords and ladies in space just doesn't fly.

a touhou game

>The emprah lives.

A warframe campaign. Not that anyone would care to follow it with how the canon lore has unfolded and has officially gone from interesting to absolute garbage.

Kicks system?

Do you have any idea about how to the hack?

I have a love/hate relationshisp with that setting.

That would be fun

A homebrew system here on Veeky Forums that was never completed. Kind of a grungy setting where people get superpowers from their shoes.

I actually ran my "This will never fucking happen" game.
DnD 3.5 Triple Gestalt where the third row was 20 LA and HD of Monster, based off of a collaborative Dawn of Worlds game.

Shit was cash. And now I never have to care about DnD 3.5 again.

A Star Wars game from the Imperial perspective, styled after the TIE Fighter game from the 90's. Would probably focus on a lone Star Destroyer patrolling part of the Outer Rim, with the PCs protecting civilian shipping from pirates, busting crime syndicates, exposing corrupt officials, intercepting smugglers, and hunting down Confederate remnants. The climax would occur when the Rebellion tries to spark a sector-wide revolt, requiring them to crush them all in one swift stroke. There'd be lots of high-minded rhetoric early on, with the slow encroachment of moral greyness as the PCs begin to question their actions.

>Everyone is a Dwarf
>Dwarven shenanigans leads to adventure
>All takes place underground
>The ultimate comfy dungeon diving game
> Completely with greedy players, dwarves stubbonerness, and clan politics.

I only play with my friends and none of them are really interested.

I'd love that sort of stuff. Dwarves are life.

I want to run a super long generic fantasy campaign with a dedicated inseperable group that runs over a crazy amount of locations and adventures that all connects to a fucking badass BBEG.

Basically the best possible version of something that's been tried and done thousands of times before.

Mine is a silly campaign. A friend and I came up with it years ago. Almost happened too, but life got in the way.

>Party was stage hands for a dwarven band. The lead singer was named Rick Poundstone, sang Spice Girls songs and played finger symbols.
>PCs Gnome tinker (Pyrotechnics), Elven ranger (Backup dancer), Elven cleric (Backup dancer), Human fighter (Bouncer).
>Chasing down a Chaos golem released by Gnome's mentor while getting back in time to help perform,
>Constantly harassed by undead not-Dethklok rival band.
>Climax in a battle of the bands between Rick Poundstone and not-Dethklok.

I still have notes and a character sheet or two for that adventure. It's been too built up in my mind now though, it will never be as good as I imagine.

This one: boards.Veeky Forums.org/tg/thread/51671000:

In a similar vein...
A game based on Dwarf Fortress. Roll up about thirty first-level cheesemakers and furnace operators, and let the players pick from the pile when they (inevitably) die. Have a crazed noble order them to explore the caverns, prepare to defend from goblin invasions, or recover his new favorite socks from a rotting corpse. Dwarven justice by hammering awaits the disobedient... Plays out like survival horror with beards. Some sort of alcohol-based sanity system and the biggest critical hit table ever would be mandatory.

Same but with Greece.

A Dark Heresy campaign but set before the Eldar's Fall

>PCs are traders from a small human empire
>Visit an Eldar Crone World
>Eldar are mostly all about drugs, sex and torture
>PCs try to find their stolen shipment that was to be delivered to more clear-headed Eldar
>Suddenly, the Fall
>Many Eldar scream themselves to death. Some turn to ash. Others start butchering each other (like that one scene in Event Horizon)
>Daemonettes appear
>Objective: Survive
>One Herald of Slaanesh takes a fancy to the PCs and starts toying with them
>If the PCs make a successful jump into the Warp, they find themselves far into the future, into 40k
>The Inquisition wants to investigate them
>The Mechanicus wants their archeotech
>The Herald of Slaanesh still remembers them

It could've been fun.

This sounds a lot like planetary. Which is totally worth your time to read.

I like it. Why will you never get to run this, user?

Thanks! A few reasons. I'm already part of a campaign that eats up my weekend. I'd want to do it in person but I don't know anyone who'd be interested. General trepidation about GMing. But, it's nice to know someone out there likes the idea. Maybe one day.

You could start at level 16 or something.

i wanted to run a high-school-set Chuubo's game and have consistently been unable to get it running for three years now for scheduling reasons (and lack of people who give a shit about chuubo's AND japanese delinquency)

A homebrew setting I've been working on on and off for a while.

No regular group, and I spend too much time working out the cosmic shit that will likely never come up at all, and no time working out the important things like the setting's map and what's in it.

Dark Heresy. No way I could get the players to sit through reading the rules

Why not try Delta Green?

Why not play schoolgirls

erotic concentration camp game where you play as the guards

semi-ERP in the domain of the amazons

>Nazi punching

found the SJW

A Shadowrun game consisting of all Technomancers attempting to stop a crazed Dissonant TM from creating a cult and reviving DEUS from emerging again and using the gods of the Matrix to fuel his return.

It would basically be a weird Final Fantasy-like games with references and themes pulled directly from all over the series. They would, at the very end, have to fight and destroy every God consumed by DEUS's code one by one until they reach the very core of DEUS itself, little more than weak source code that can't do anything.

A cowboy bebop one where they are all bounty hunters

I always wanted to play a competent maritime comapaign, when players know this shit and understand what's going on.
Sadly, at best I can get PotC fandom

A nice, psychological game based on fears and the human nature to want to survive. A bunch of people are captured and put into a saw-like environment. Have to escape, but at the cost of either hurting themselves, or others. A few times crafty solutions would aid, but for the most part, it was about determining how much you would fuck others over before you ultimately take a blow.

In the end, it's all a simulation and they are informed they are going in for a second run.

The second run is for real, so while the players casually kill off others, or even volunteer to die, they only learn too late, if at all, that this second time it was just an illegal experiment done by a copy-cat. When they get out, they are confronted with the horror of what they had decided to do, then the game ends.

Low fantasy campaign where each party member is secretly given a magic item at the start, which they eventually learn will try to fuck them over at some point.
Cyberpunk Campaign where two of the factions are slavs and nips with a rivalry over initial D style mountain drift racing.

Literally any campaign I've ever thought up for many reasons

63pbp?

>63pbp

I'm afraid I don't know what that means. But to explain better, I know no one near me who plays ttrpgs, the people I do play with online are all on slightly different schedules so we don't have a full party all too often, and everything I think up feels a bit cringey or incomplete to me.

63rd post best post
play on first post best post (fpbp)

oh god I'm retarded and my campaigns are shit

>Alright Veeky Forums, time to fess up. What is that one campaign you've always really wanted to run, but never will?

I've said it before in these threads, but I'll say it again. It would start with a typical superhero team, probably using Mutants and Masterminds, but hey, maybe something like Masks if I've got the group for it. Anyways, the PCs would be the premiere team of the setting, or at least one of them. The core to the Avengers, or the Justice League, that sort of thing. There would be the typical superhero shenanigans, but always building towards a conflict with the major villain.

When that time finally came, the conflict would somehow go awry. Maybe they kill him, maybe they don't, but there's some huge catastrophe along with it that scars the city. All the heroes are forced underground.

Then, we jump forward sixty, seventy years, a la Batman Beyond. Everyone makes new characters, with the only catch being that they're Legacy versions of the original characters...and each player has to play the Legacy version of someone else's character. The two players can decide together what happened to the original, how the new version came about, what their relationship is like, if any.

This actually sounds good though. Why don't you want to/can't you run it?

No players.

>40 years ago, a terrible sorceror began work on a ritual that would beckon the Hell Moon, and unleash demonic hordes upon the earth. A great alliance of heroes assembled from all corners of the globe, to put an end to the sorceror's plans and save the world.

>They failed. The Hell Moon rose, the demon tide descended, and a blackness fell upon the world.

>40 years ago, your ancestors shut fast the doors to your home: Sunpeak, one of many dwarven strongholds delved in the roots of the Green Mountains. You have lived in the comforting darkness all your life, safe from the terrors of the surface. With vast mines for minerals, mushroom farms for food and lumber, underground lakes and rivers for water, and the deep roads for trade between the underhomes, it seems that your people need never concern themselves with the surface again.

>But there is a saying: "one can fence themselves in, but one cannot fence the world out." The evil that grips the land above is now seeping down to your land below. Monsters have been sighted on the deep roads. Poison runs in the groundwater. Underhomes have gone silent, no visitor ever returning. A plague festers in the south, while an empire rises in the west, both set to conquer all the underworld.

>And a visitor has come to your humble home, from the outside. An elf - the first overworlder to set foot in Sunpeak for almost half a century, and the first elf to set foot in any underhome for a thousand years. She comes offering hope: a means to cast down the Hell Moon forever, end the reign of the demon kings, and return the world to mortal hands once more.

>Many roads lay before you, none of them smooth. Whichever road you choose to walk, choose carefully. For the earth that has long been a shelter to your people, may yet become their tomb.

I get so many ideas, but I can't possibly expand on all of them. This is one of them. I don't have the time or the energy to run this campaign, so a plot hook it shall remain.

Wraith: the Oblivion, Charnel houses of Europe

>A simple murder mystery using Pathfinder because my group is too lazy to learn any other systems
>Anything in Ops and Tactics for the same reason as above
I hate being an "ideas man", but my group is so stubborn that I can't get anything original in edgewise.

ITT someone who liked Final Fantasy X

High fantasy balls off the wall campaign in Space

>Every player makes a race, planet, and system where the species originates.

>Complete with history of species (to a point)

>Magic is allowed because high fantasy sci-fi is awesome

>Space Adventures with lots of different crazy species and wacky shenanigans

Can never run because players are dumb and make terrible fluff choices.

I would love to do an alternate history of earth with some fantasy built in

>Instead of white/black/asian/nativeamerican/etc you have human/goliath/orc/elf/etc
>Rome stays strong and continues to evolve, now a federation at peak middle ages
>Mongol Empire never declined, an Orc dominion.
>Africa sees the rise of a loose confederation of tribes of Goliath Tribes.
>Indian and Java peoples, Different subraces of Dwarves, form an alliance of city states.
>No magic in the Eurasian and African Continents.

>Plot centers around Roman explorers hitting the American Continents and finding the Mexicayotl peoples (elves) and their magic (druids and rangers with a penchant for snake and flying snake pets).

>Discovery of Magic arc

Idk seems like it could be a pretty exciting story if I could pull it off.

You might like Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell.

>Deathwatch game set in the Horus Heresy
Doesn't seem worth buying the book and grappling with the rules (which I hear are kinda bad)
>Spelljammer in 5e
I suck at scale and I don't feel I have the creative energy to devote to making a bunch of pseudo-systems.
>Kill Six Billion Demons game in Legends of the Wulin
The book's layout sucks so I'm not sure how to tackle homebrewing, but I don't know any other Kung-fu based games.
Im not a huge fan of Broken World either
>Narcissist: Crash Free
Dead game is dead

It would've been a shit-tonne of planning, but I wanted to do a kind of trilogy of campaigns.
>First campaign is a low fantasy campaign set around playing archaeologists and their body guards, exploring ancient ruins and discovering a form of ancient runic magic, antagonist wants to keep the runes all to himself, somewhat succeeds in the end
>Second campaign isn't immediately revealed to be linked to the second and is a cyberpunk campaign, where a powerful person is eventually revealed to have rediscovered the runes that were buried by the antagonist of the first campaign
>third campaign is openly after the second - Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei style magitech with programmable spells and such, flipped on its head a bit when someone is discovered capable of actually speaking the language and actually casting spells on the fly, becomes main antagonist
The glorious bit is that there is a system that caters to this perfectly, but I'm just a lazy shit and this'd be a massive effort.

Fuck, that wasn't supposed to link to the previous user's post.

Ive always been curious about brutalizing 40k's psychic abilities to fit a campaign like this. But I aint up to snuff to rewrite a dozen books like that yet

There a pdf anywhere my man?

I'm not too well versed in comic history, how did the comic culture evolve past the 80s?

I read some recent comics and it seems like there is a lot more variety in the levels of edgy and silly, are the comic eras a thing of the past or were there always examples of variety in between the trends and I haven't read enough recent comics to see the current trend?

You could always just ignore the shit parts. Like just pretend anything post Cicero Crisis didn't happen, and fill in the blanks on your own.

Except Clem, Clem is a cutie and should not be ignored.

Not if he wants his players to right hook Hitler.

if it is by comic eras comics back then where pushing heavy patriotism fuck the nazis stuff

>High fantasy sea-faring adventure with psionics

>Science Fantasy wargame

>Superhero campaign where the players are the first generation of heroes for a universe

an ERP with tentacles, futas, and lolis. I've played too many ttrpgs straight and serious. obviously done online, as I would never reveal or even hint at any of those 3 fetishes to people irl. I doubt I'd be able to find a group that could be down with that while also not going into vore/piss/scat/body horror/pony territory though.

>dare you enter...
>DAMN STRAIGHT I DARE

here, wasn't trying to reply to , was easier than scrolling back to the top, and forgot to backspace. This guy has nothing to do with my perversions.

Holy fuck user I'm scared.

Sorry :(

>*not* into vore/piss/scat/body horror/pony
>still scared
oh innocence... you know he made that distinction because there are people into those as well?

Oh no, I'm into my own horror-show of fetishes. I was just worried when someone linked to my post cause I had no idea why.

I've always wanted to run a very focused, maybe even one-shot campaign where the PCs recreate Heart of Darkness, but with more insane cultists. Maybe some strong hints of /yellow king/ or other mythos, but not too heavy. Keep it 1970s tech, rip everything else off from Apocalypse Now.

Would Delta Green work for this? Any recommended changes/additions?

Are you the guy that was spamming the "Fantasy Vietnam" threads a while back?

No. What were those threads about? I haven't been here in weeks.

Modern day low fantasy set in a fictional city full of corruption. All players are members of an all femboy gang and they're trying to take out their rival gangs and take over the city. Heavy erp

Few weeks/months ago some guy kept spamming threads begging people to help him come up with Vietnam War meets Fantasy shit. It wasn't so bad at first, but there comes a point where it's obvious the guy is looking for confirmation of his own ideas, not actual advice.

Literally the first issue of Captain America.