/pfg/ - Pathfinder General

True! Pathfinder General /pfg/

Non Paizo Adventures Edition!
What 3pp adventures have you either ranor played in? What kind of adventure would you like? Share all the juicy details!

Unified /pfg/ link repository:pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2:docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1:docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2:docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3:docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Old Thread: →

Also, a reminder that while both animu animal ears and furshit are both degeneracy, they are not the same thing. Learn the difference between weebshit and furshit, it just may save your life!

Other urls found in this thread:

paizo.com/pathfinder/modules/freeRPGDay
strawpoll.me/12312199
app.roll20.net/forum/post/4541370/characters-for-the-crew
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67490/fookin-sky-pirates
overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Hanzo
d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/radiance-house---fighter-archetypes/warshade
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dragon Game and RoTJR Team A Session 2 starting soon/now!

so, can someone recommend some modules that are both good and free, preferably with a city or town setting

Is there some way to watch as a spectator?

Reposting this if only because it didn't get a reply in the last thread.
I'm gonna be building a Noble Soul Vigilante using the Crusader specialization. Is it worth trying to pursue a sword and board type character using Shield of Fury and Furious Flurry? Should I just stick to a two handed weapon and Power Attack? From the looks of it I probably don't have enough Vigilante talents to get much done regarding a build, since some of the ones that give Paladin features feel a bit mandatory.

>Wizards Academy
I have unreasonably high expectations just from that image, does it come anywhere near meeting them?

I've only ever skimmed through it, but it has a promise

>Options for alternate ways to run campaign based on different party levels
>Plot is "Headmaster is missing, FIND HIM!"
>The dungeons and plot changes based on which teacher your DM decides kidnapped him (with different reasons and motives for each) and which teacher decides to back you guys up
>Each teacher is insane and wierd in a unique way, from a literal ferret teaching divination, a femenist succubus, a lich who is actively planning world domination, and an adorable motherly yet out of touch with mortals golem. and many more!
>Also acts as the unnoficial SoP Bestiary built right in, with wierd things like pic related.
>Is mostly built around, and with the assumption, that everyone in the party is some kind of Spherecaster

>the gazebo

I really wish people would let that shitty joke die

Free as in Yarr-Harr-Fiddle-De-Dee-Being-A-Shackle-Is-Alright-To-Be free or free as given by paizo for free?

What god would follow someone who thrives on the hunt and tricking people?

Norgerber

actually free, either by paizo or fan made

What's wrong with the gazebo?

>a literal ferret teaching divination

Hey Yuuno Scrya.

IT'S A FUCKING GAZEBO, ALEX

paizo.com/pathfinder/modules/freeRPGDay
here's the list of the free stuff they have. We Be Goblins are fun.

who?

>3PP adventures

Do our own games count?

Depends. For how many parties do you run a single campaign for?

Yes, go ahead and share

And here is the Ferret's stats.

Now, who else wants to fight the CR 20 Caster Weasel?

Who's gonna be the pirates?
strawpoll.me/12312199

app.roll20.net/forum/post/4541370/characters-for-the-crew

time for autism but you posted it, I looked at it, so

>app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/67490/fookin-sky-pirates
>Alex B
It's shit. It didn't have to be, but it is.
>Mr. Nobody
See above.
>Sirius DC
Why is the monkey not your character?
>Jaedlyn
Get the fuck out.
>T.K.
The way the backstory opens IMMEDIATELY prompts a "no" but I know nothing about the class this is and still find it interesting vis-a-vis being a sky pirate. I'd consider this one if the bio wasn't so boring.
>Dom d
Highly likely to be completely insufferable character(s). It's a fun way to play a gestalt. If I knew the player was good this makes the shortlist.
>Ikiryo
This one is good.
>Conner W.
I don't care.
>CelestialDoggie
Get this guy to play the other guy's monkey.
>Slowcogs
Hey, someone DID make the monkey! This makes the shortlist.
>DawnofHope2012
Dawn of Nope 2017
>The Yellow King
This character should have died when he was pushed overboard. You need like one conventional guy but all of them so far have been boring.
>Wyvernrider
10/10 best concept yet.
>Akodo Rokku
See the twins one. I have to know you can play this without being really irritating + it's unoriginal so only considered if a slot is free.
>Nanashidesu
A boring weird character is much worse than a boring normal one.
>Fragskull
Vaguely interested in the mechanics of dodging sunlight as a sky pirate, but eh. Wouldfuck/10 Wouldprobablynotplaywith/10
>akael
Eat the fucking bullet. This is entirely on the player and not the concept though.
>Scratchyan
Shortlisted.
>Mlems
I'm not mad about it and I hate the specific way these bullet points are written but this one probably fits in most possible groups so far. Might get a slot.
>AlienError
Again 10/10 concept arguably even superior to Wyvernrider's.
>TITAN
WHERE'S THE MEAT?!

How many players does this game need?

I have run the same game for a dozen or so parties over the years. It was born out of being an officer in a college TTRPG club and needing to be able to run a game in my sleep.

It was called The Fall of Otston. Players routed around a trade town on the frontier, working for a practically homeless wizard named Narder Guiles and trying to piece together the strange happenings in the town. I used to have a map with every building having at least a note, but I think it disappeared with the death of my old computer.

It ended up being several different occurrences all pointing to a sort of 'quickening' around the town as unlikely events were pushed forward by fate. A sort of truncation of future misfortunes forced on the town in an 8 month period.

Look, you reposted it. See

So since the first game is going well, I'm thinking about running a second spheres of might playtest game.

>3rd level
>25 point buy
>Background skills
>1p + SoM (to keep results as balanced as possible)
>Free power attack/deadly aim/combat expertise/vital strike

Anyone interested?

I am so starved for games right now I would play anything. Heck I'm desperate enough to join an ERP game if they don't expect me to participate.

How do I pic related, /pfg/?

overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Hanzo

I am so starved for games right now I would play anything. Heck I'm desperate enough to join an ERP game if they don't require me to participate in the E.

This fuccboi. He is a bibliophile familiar ferret of a powerful wizard and comes from a family of diviners.

Going to start running Rise of the Runelords tomorrow and haven't finished reading the whole path.

Anything I need to read up on beyond the first adventure besides the appendices?

I know next to nothing about Overwatch, so my initial guess is Eldritch Archer Magus

>akael

Oh fucking christ.

Sky Pirate GM, if you're reading. Don't let this shit stain into the game.

He/She/It (honestly can't tell), has ruined two separate games I've been in, by rarely showing up, and generally being a brain dead murderhobo whenever they do.

Previous (non-deleted) thread as well

I DUNNO ABOUT YOU M8 BUT THAT LOOKS LIKE A HUMAN, NOT A FERRET.

>Be True Neutral Pactmaker
>Be devout worshiper of Calistria
>20 CHA, 16 CON
>Have Deific Obedience to Calistria
>Wrap self in silk every morning because the other way is too lewd
>Entire party is bi.
>Use Allure of the Night thinking it was like Warder Grand Challenge
>Accidentally distract the entire party w/ dat ass.

Well, that was a good first action for the night.

...this does not inspire confidence, you realize that, right?

Eldritch Archer who and some way of getting the snapdragon spell, levels in ranger for favored enemy: humanoid (brother) and a bow with the kinslayer quality.

More details

>Text only
>Monday 7pm EST to 10 pm
>Probably loosely in eberron (so that stuff's open)
>No (onscreen) lewds

Sounds like a wonderful example of a group interaction setting moment. Just don't take it too far, mention it on occasion as a background thing, and remember to take it into account.

>favored enemy: humanoid (brother)

So I'm thinking about running a game. In every LFG DHB asks if he can run his homebrew. Gonna be honest here I normally see wanting your own homebrew as a way to fucking shit on a game. However he doesn't seem all bad.

Should I allow it? Is it decent or garbage?

Should I just make my game ERP so he doesn't apply?

I'm about to blow your fucking mind.

Pic related is also said fuccboi.

what's Allure of the Night?

Well I guess this is the thread now.

d20pfsrd.com/classes/core-classes/fighter/archetypes/radiance-house---fighter-archetypes/warshade

>Allure of the Night (Su): As a standard action, you can set loose the tantalizing whispers of the spirit bound to your seal of darkness for a number of rounds equal to your binder level. Make a Diplomacy check against all creatures in your threatened area (DC 10 + ½ the creature's hit dice + their Wis modifier); creatures you succeed against become wrought with alluring whispers, urging the creature to attack you. The creature takes a -2 penalty on attack rolls made against creatures other than you and suffers a 10% spell failure chance on spells that do not target you or do not have you within their targeted area. For every 4 binder levels beyond 5 that you possess, the attack roll penalty increases by -1 and the spell failure chance increases by 5%. A creature so affected is aware of this penalty.

Okay. And how often are they a ferret as opposed to 'generic anime child'?

So shit like warforged is in here? And shifters? Sounds cool!

I don't think ERP stops him, and I wouldn't let ANYONE play their own homebrew.

Oh man, am I gonna get witch hunted? This is gonna be good.

Well yeah, he is a human.
But he shapeshifts to a ferret.
He's also COMPLETELY FUCKING USELESS when he's not a ferret.
When he's a ferret, he's an adorable mascot who gives friendly advice.
When he's not a ferret, he's the token guy in an all girl cast who half the writing team tries to pair with the lead, while the other half throw in undertones that she's in a happy lesbian relationship with a reformed villain (now detective), with whom she adopted a child.

Really, the writers should just put him with Hayate. He's a boy nerd and certified straight, she's a girl nerd and somewhat infamously bi, it just works.

Drop the free feats and I will play.

You want to drop the free feats because Spheres of Might wants to give you those feats using the Spheres (Berserker for Power Attacking).

Handing those out for free just ruins the playtest.

>Doesn't even have a cute mask
Fezmet superior Wizard Weasel!

The near-entirety of the first season, about half the other two.

I like your character but I found your pitch really obnoxious and not conveying "I would be good at playing with others"

It kinda plays into the twins and the Jojo meme character. If I'd played with you before and could vet you it's good, but in a vacuum it turns me off. I've never played with you and prob never will, so someone else will have to witch hunt. At least there was effort.

>Yuuno is completely irrelevant past part 1, is barely even mentioned in the later parts.

isn't it sad.jpg

We're actually dropping that from Berserker because it's too vital to have. I'm not sure if it's in the preview yet, but it's being altered for another option which gives temp hit points, so that shouldn't be an issue.

It depends on what you're testing: SoP by itself to improve combat or improving combat by using SoP and other things.

Here is an thought. Would you like jolly play material he wrote? DHB is sort of in the same situation. He said his stuff is being published by purple duck games and the first book is coming out this weekend.

So it's even seen an editor.

Saboten is a slut! A filthy shameless slut!

>Handing those out for free just ruins the playtest.
Person in the first playtest here, it really doesn't ruin anything. Power Attack is an Equipment Sphere talent now anyways.

>Well yeah he's a human

OH REALLY. WELL HE AIN'T A FERRET THEN IS HE?

I think he wants to run his homebrew as a playtest more than anything else. Which any GM should be allowed to reject, but it's not like he's trying to sneak in a d12 HD full caster. Most of it seems well put together, and worst comes to worst he seems pretty receptive to being told to step things down a notch or two.

Should the playtest give out the free feats, or NOT give out the free feats, Jolly?

And why are you posting Granblues?

To be desu, that happens to every named Nanoha character with a dick except for Touma and fuck Touma.

Nanoha's fat pink thing is enough malehood for the series.

I heard you all were talking about magical mustelids

So I came and brought the greatest one of them all.

One day I might actually apply for a PFG game...one day...

The book's gonna have a section that says those feats can be given freely, so I think they're fine for the playtest.

And all I know is they're gun girls, which while lower than punch girls, are still amazing.

Honestly? I probably wouldn't. That's just me though.

>The way the backstory opens IMMEDIATELY
Could you explain what you mean by this?

To tell you the truth, I fully expected this to be a wash(same idea I went into Molthune with and that was right, so don't judge), so I just went crazy on it.

If it doesn't work out, then I'd rather have tried something new and learned new rules to apply in my own campaigns. If it does, I get a serious playtest with something I might allow in games I run. Win/win if you ask me.

>only one person doesn't get distracted by ass
>barely

a wild ride

Jolly! Jolly! Jolly!
Will SoM have either a Sphere or at least a little support, for Mounted Combat/Riders?

Will it be possible to ride a horse, jump off of it, then do a Rider Kick?

What about having the option of just be Raoh riding Kokuoh, or Lu Bu on Red Hare

And what happened when everyone got distracted by ass? Did everyone bully Saboten?

Your latest Striker rework is great. We have almost achieved peak fighting game.

Negi's a lucky wizard.

so, im making a short adventure with little to no combat, in where the party breaks into a storage house (kept there for a very short time before butchered) to examine a dead dragon, to find clues as to where it would live so they could track down the now unguarded hoard, and i've gotten a fairly satisfactory start of it, but i don't know really know how to make the "find" more interesting, i was thinking of having it's nest be in the top floor (with the roof broken) of a castle on an small island like in pic related, but with a completely shattered bridge so they can either find some smart way to cross anyway, or make the dangerous climb down, into the water and then scale the wall,

besides some other minor annoyances like rusted shut doors, staircases that break under the PC's weight and generally unsafe footing, what are some other stuff i could cram in that would make use of players skills and roleplay? i would also like to have something of a "middle" of the quest, but i can't come up with anything more interesting that "interview the people the dragon have attacked", any interesting ideas for ways to spin that?

Oh, and it was also fun to write. Never knew how terrible I was at pirate talk until then.

I just found it boring. Look at how many backstories/bios in that thread open with "uh he was attached to airshipping somehow I guess".

Any pitch wants a hook, right? This isn't even specific to character apps. Your hook is your bio - that's the stuff that sparks my interest and makes me want the character in my game. It takes me a while to get to that, and the areas of focus laid out in all the text you've typed focus more on generic details, less on the hook. The magistrate stuff is OK for playing out in-character but I'm not killing myself to have it in the game.

That's a shame, because if I was playing in a game, I'd want to use my own content, since that's why I write it. I write content I want to play.

We have an equestrian sphere at the moment, although it might be shifted into a more generic beastmaster sphere. So yes, yes it would.

Thanks, I realized tension combo just made sense as a default part of the class, and that it didn't have any innate boost to hit aside from burning tension for fiery offense, which I wanted to change. Just gotta figure out how to work in a dust loop, roman cancel, and FADC and we're perfect.

all this kind of makes me want to post the rough concept I had going to see what people think of it.

>tfw not enough Kunoichi PCs

Give it! Give it!

>The book's gonna have a section that says those feats can be given freely, so I think they're fine for the playtest.

Really? Just, straight up, free Power Attack/Deadly Aim/Combat Expertise/Vital Strike?

And hey, why do blacksmiths STILL not have heavy armor proficiency? That's some bullshit.

No offense because your stuff's pretty good (my lack of interest in spheres of war aside), but EVERYONE who homebrews writes stuff they want to play, and I don't want to have to deal with 'but you let him play his stuff so you have to accept my homebrew class that uses piss as a power source' bullshit.

>Kitsune
>Blacksmith
>Heavy Armor Proficiency

owlbear

As I understand it, he spends the whole of the first series in ferret form, playing Shoulder Angel to Nanoha Takamachi by teaching her magic and guiding her after she takes over his quest. Apparently he was badly injured when he arrived on Earth and had to spend time in ferret form to recover.

Personally, whenever I write homebrew content, I always wait until someone else plays it first, and then wait to see if they and my group like it or not.

So far its worked pretty well, since one of my mates is using my PoW Swashbuckler in a campaign and is having fun with it.

>bitching about free feats
>when they're feats that should be free anyway

I play an alchemist who makes bombs out of ammonia rendered from his own urine.

Keyword 'CAN'. It isn't the default, it's just a suggestion.

Blacksmith isn't my babby, so I don't really know myself. I'm a Striker/Sentinel guy (new name for paragon), that's my jazz.

I mean, hit me up when ya boy has homebrew that's 3/5 most reoccurring titles in Paizo's top 10 list for a year and all. Or one of the top 10 highest rated products of all time on the top 10 lists.

I understand though, it sets a bad precedent that you don't want to deal with, and I can respect that.

Thanks for understanding.

>Nothing in Spheres of Anything will ever get Heavy Proficiency.

You could probably do some cute FADC with the abort full attack action. Probably the ability to disengage with a bonus to something during a full attack action after the first shot goes out, at the expense of the rest of your attacks.

Roman Cancel I feel would require PoW, an immediate choice of (prepared/known) Strike on hit with a standard action attack. Or switching up combat maneuvers on hit.

Dust loop I can't help you with, but a straight Dust would be Awesome Blow, but you can send people into the sky. Or into a wall, Dungeoncrasher Fighter style.

What Pact do these guys have?

>He/She/It (honestly can't tell)

What? Akael is obviously a girl, just like 2hu.

Why would you ever want Heavy Armor proficiency, user? As we here at /pfg/ know, Heavy Armor is inefficient and useless! Wearing big armor is such a waste, and ugly too! How are you supposed to use your Dexterity in it?

Old One

Paragon/sentinel has it.

If you're so certain, then you've obviously never heard it speak.

>Paragon

They still need to do something about that shitass name.

>He doesn't have armor training
Don't presume to impugn my QUALITY.