Was Beato a good GM?

Was Beato a good GM?

Other urls found in this thread:

umineko.wikia.com/wiki/Bernkastel's_Letter
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no.

Nope.

Yes. Some mysteries, some love stories, some horror, adventure - that was entertaining. But she was type of GM that always don't give players enough clues and put on gameboard monsters that are too strong for team.

Yes. The only issue is that she never went with her players about what exactly was the campaign about. They didn't understand at first what was expected of them, it's quite sad.

Yes. expecially for the ERP

Her DMPCs were obnoxious though and she kept inviting assholes to the table

Going in blind is cool too.
Someone post that story where the characters are exploring some martian tunnels and the players have no idea what they're in for or what's happening because the GM didn't either and was making shit up as they went, it ended up much like Umineko.

>34
>asshole

Terrible

Say it in red you assholes.

Finally, a reason to post this image!

>Kinzo isn't Drampa

That's some next level Umineko meme you have here, user.

Erika would have been better if she was given a chance

I guess Erikafags are even on Veeky Forums

Erika is a waste of space.

Nobody likes you, go away.

Cicadas > Seacats

>That scene where Battler is conversing with the fake Beato while knowing that running a game on his own will always be without surprises
Hit too close to home

Personalities don't count as people so no she is a bullshit GM.

>She

Was Battler a bad GM?

Is Umineko Veeky Forums the visual novel?

Anyone with tits like that who claims to be a woman might as well be, far as I'm concerned.

>her name is Robert Paulson

When it comes to running games and creating worlds in a RPG sense, certainly. There was even a MTG reference in part 5.

Without ____ it cannot be seen.

Honestly I would ruin Yasu's boy pussy.

>>>/B/eatrice+is+best+GM

Yes
honorable mention goes to dating sim ayy lmaos, if only because Veeky Forums likes its HFY.

HFY died years ago, please let it rest.

She's the kind of DM where you know she's bad but you keep playing because you really want to see where the campaign is going.

She'd be adversarial as hell, but every time you lost or even eked out a draw you know it would be your own damn fault for not thinking enough. It'd be hell and I would never be able to stop going back.

>she

Did you not finish the game or something?
T R U T H D O E S N ' T M A T T E R S H E I S A G I R L I F I S A Y S O

W I T H O U T L O V E I T C A N N O T B E S E E N

>she

W I T H O U T L O V E I T C A N N O T B E S E E N

>she

Say she's a guy in golden text, I dare you.

Don't be an intellectual rapist user

This meme is too high level for me.

me on the left

me on the right

I do think so. Despite her rather trollish attitude, her games were fair and could be solved even without applying detective/mystery logic, simply by examining the characters.
It is only after the other witches took over her chessboard that the games became an exercise in mental masturbation, and after Battler took over, it became an exercise in "convenient self-lying" apologism.

So like, is anime sufficiently good or do I need to go straight for the VN?

The anime is pretty terrible. Don't watch it, though it has a nice-sounding OP.
The anime was how I was introduced to Umineko.

This is a VN that very heavily hinge upon critical clues, metaplot points, and thinking in a roundabout and unusual way.

The anime forgot most of the clues, never touched the metaplot points, and is incoherent and inconsequential. If you watch the anime, at most you'll understand there's some blonde witch girl who killed people or something, while spoiling you the VN altogether.

You should not watch the anime.

Reading through the VN was such a trip. I've actually found myself cheering for characters and being shocked along with them.
My GM uses Umineko music in his games heavily. Now I do too.

I don't want this thread to become masturbatory, but yes, the VN had the same effect on me. Some scenes blew my mind in a way no other VNs ever managed. For all its flaws, Umineko is a failed masterpiece.

Veeky Forums - Otaku Culture

Battler didn't know about encounter tables

So, explain this bitch to me. First she's evil but then she's not, and Battler somehow forgets his oath to destroy/kill her because tits, or something? Didn't she still murder his best friend or w/e?

>reading Umineko stoned

Beato - Crappy, but had stellar parts and her soul was in it. And hey, she provided the system.
Lambda - Far better than Beato. Came to a system she never ran and ran a great game in it. You can tell she's really experienced because she ran all of Higurashi too. That was some serious CoC shit.
Battler - Could have been good but That Guy crashed his game with no survivors.
Bernkastel - bully GM

E8 is a forgery, official solution is a lie by the author meant to cover the truth of rokkenjima, shkanontrice is full of shit, fight me

This guy knows what's up.

That accurate portrayal of Umineko tho.

A fellow Rosatrice theorist?

That's just one way to solve it. Shannontrice works too and lets you work with Yasu more directly.

I like to work with Jessica, though. While the game portrays her as completely innocent, she has a shady segment regarding her death almost every time, and more importantly, by far the best mystery novel motive on the island to go apeshit and murder people. Bar 7, you can solve the game with Shannon and Jessica as opposing antagonists.

>Rosatrice

Go die into a fire. The whole point of the first third of Turn is to highlight the duality between Shannon, Kanon, and Beatrice. Not even going into Chiru here. Shkannontrice is literally the first thing we see after the prologue of the series. The first.

that's why it is stupid as shit and not interesting at all yes

and does not check out with the rules established previously in a way that if you dodge one loophole in E3 you are bound to get caught by the other in E6

did I mention it's dumb, only necessary to account for the meta to begin with, and would be laughable in an actual mystery novel

You are dumb, user.

The mansion had a dozen servants. Yasu controlled the servant's placements with the help of Genji.

Reading between the line of EP 7 and 2, you see that Shannon was the primary personality of Yasu: she was on the clock almost 7/7. Kanon was created solely because Jessica wanted a boyfriend, and was very rarely on the ground. That's not a case of somebody posing as two people daily for years: that's a case of somebody disguising himself every other moon to interact with Jessica, with the help of the entire servant's hierarchy. It's certainly a practical possibility.

As to why:
* Take a teenager with gender issues.
* Growing into a web of lies and delusions.
* Get her best and only friend to lament that she doesn't have a boyfriend.

In Yasu's place, I would probably have done the same thing.

All of which serves as a mere justification for the writer to go nuh-uh. It's petty and pointless as fuck. I want to believe that Ryukushi is a better writer than this.

I love how in the E6 endgame, Erika even asks 'can you confirm I am not Kanon' as to make it obvious she understood this line of thought as well, meaning this explanation that everyone figured out ten minutes into E1 could not have possibly eluded her, but she thought it was too fucking retarded to be true.

The only good Umineko anime is either Alchemist version of the VN, or DameDame! subs.

>It's petty and pointless as fuck.

It's the core of the mystery, mate.

It is well explained. It is coherent within the setting and without. It serves its primary function well (fucking around red truths and allowing the mystery to exist). It is a honestly a decent idea, just like Kinzo being dead before all the games. Why are you even bitching?

>All of which serves as a mere justification for the writer to go nuh-uh.

It is clued in since episode 2. It's not as if Ryukishi pulled something from his ass at the last second. The author drops clues after clues about it for five entire episodes. It's not a mere justification: it's an integral part of the mystery.

>Erika/Kannon

She had absolutely no clue. She was just covering her base. You can see she was pretty out of her depth in the end of EP 6, and was simply throwing things until they stick.

"mystery"

Red truth cannot be the core of the mystery. And there is no reason for this entire clusterfuck to exist other then to account for the red truth, and it cannot even do that. You don't need Kanon for anything in the story that he cannot do on his own as Kanon, an actual person.

It is an overly complex, convoluted, and in no way elegant solution which might as well depend on supernatural elements in the way it implements multiple personalites. It tramples all over the rules of the mystery genre presented, good taste, and the alleged trust between the writer and the reader in the way it operates with the red.

There are also way too many assumptions you are making that go contrary to common sense, and the question of Natsuhi, Krauss and Jessica being apparently droolling idiots is just the beginning. Gohda lived with them (BOTH) for two years. All of the servants playing along because you promised them ten million yen, and not bringing it up when people actually die and it's obvious that everyone is set up to die, that's not suspicious at all. The master key count, the body-dragging stunts in a teenage body, very very risky ways to fake death implemented.

Then, the meatspace E6 becomes complete nonsense, the theory needs Eva to be the culprit in E3 >which she very obviously was never meant to be

To be honest, I'm not sure what ending would have been a satisfying resolution to this clusterfuck.

Disguises and misdirections are a staple of the mystery genre, as is the idea of the butler doing the deed. There is nothing exceptional or difficult to understand in what is presented: indeed, Kanon as a character is well within the limits of what is acceptable in any mystery novel.

It is a solution that is elegant and breaks no rules, neither in the setting or the genre. Plentiful clues were given to the readers from the starting point. It depends on no supernatural elements, only on the psyche of a broken child and special circumstances, both of which are adequately explained in the course of the novel.

No extra assumptions are to be done once the elements of the problem are well understood. Natsuhi, Krauss or Jessica didn't interact with Kanon meaningfully enough to pierce any masquerade. The only servants playing along were Genji and Kumasawa, both of which had deep personal reasons to obey or protect the identity of the perpetrator. Even then, they frequently disagreed when the situation became untenable and have their own agendas, as EP 3 shows well.

No amount of pretentious pseudo-intellectuality can hide the fact that you simply don't want to understand the many, many points Umineko make, for some deep seated reasons I can only guess. You pull plot-holes out of thin air, where there is only a solid, foreshadowed, tapestry of clues. You don't want to understand, and thus, behold, Umineko doesn't make sense for you.

Just because you can understand something doesn't make it not-shit. Usually the more you understand something the better you see how shit it is. Which is a lot in this case.

>Natsuhi, Krauss or Jessica didn't interact with Kanon meaningfully enough to pierce any masquerade

Except being, you know, the damn people who are their employers. It takes a special sort of retard to not notice something like what's going on, especially when you're cooped up on an island most of the time. And that's not even getting into the logistics of masquerading as two people, which if taken realistically make it hilariously unfeasible.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SHE

WITCHES AND MAGIC AREN'T REAL

>tfw I don't think I ever played episode 8
I didn't like 7 all that much, and then it was was a LONG fucking wait for 8, and I think I completely forgot by the time it came out.

I should replay the whole fucking thing but I don't have that kind of time anymore.

Stakes are best girls.

Obviously. Ange is not the only one who gets to be a brocon.

Well. I basically thought that every game would have been revealed to have a different culprit, kinda like the classic Cluedo film ending, and that everyone of them was possibly a murderer, leaving the actual version of the events unclear

Eh, isn't that the nature of the catbox of Rokkenjima, though? Remember that only one version of 1986 happened and it's unlikely that it was any of the versions depicted in VN EPs, if we discount the official (tm) version of what happened on Original Rokkenjima.
So if we disregard the booklet with Original Rokkenjima version of events and focus on what we've been shown in the VN only, then we, as readers, are basically people/Goat-kuns from 1998 who don't know the actual story and can only discuss it thanks to the bottled messages. The actual truth of events was never revealed in 1998 by Eva, so...

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SSSHHHEEE

>lambda
>ran all of higurashi

I'm gonna need explanation on that, this is the first i've heard of it

ehs

I see the mods have favorites that get away with this.

>Erika even asks 'can you confirm I am not Kanon'
I remember I lost my shit when she did this. Erika's the best.

>every game would have been revealed to have a different culprit
That would have been the worst possible ending.

>announcing a report

Uh oh user, that's a bannable offense.

It's lampshaded in the games themselves - lambda delta means 34, same as Miyo (Takano's surname) can be read, denoting Takano as her piece. Shannon's alleged real name, 'Sayo', can be read the same way.

You might remember that even within Higurashi, Rika refers to it as a 'game' that she and Hanyuu are playing, talking about her hope being betting chips and so. Finally, there's a letter from Bernkastel in Tsubasa, that basically explains the whole thing: Lambdadelta helped kickstart both the game by providing the solid base of 'certainity', that would ensure certain events would happen every time.

umineko.wikia.com/wiki/Bernkastel's_Letter

While Beatrice just needed a solid core for her game, Hanyuu's game consisted of trying to beat Lambda head on, which was so impossible, that Hanyuu tried for so long she forgot what the point of the game was supposed to be. Once Rika did it, though, the impossibility of the task somehow made Hanyuu goddess herself, and had the by-effect of creating Bernkastel (the first part of Matsuribayashi-hen already operates basically through the hands of meta-Rika putting the pieces together).

A lot of this is already apparent in Rika's chapters, like the part at the end where Takano pulls out a gun and shoots Rika, but Rika negates it because she just made a minor mistake, and it has been sufficiently proven the game could have been won. After that, you get Saigoroshi-hen, in which Bernkastel comes to her own, and Hanyuu/Featherine needs her to reaffirm the game by doing the thing she needed her to do.

(it is also kind of implied that Lambdadelta is YHWH, since text implies that the 'god' Takano prayed to to grant her willpower was him, and she says something something temples built to her since the dawn of time)

meant to reply to

What the heck is that?

The spiciest meme of them all.

fuck yaself

So what the hell is this about and whodunit?

>Thinking I'm a faggot and report someone
Shame user. I'm just salty that the mods would ban me for posting the "evil Russian's about to rape a girl" propaganda poster that I changed the faces to tabletop company logo's, yet that user is perfectly fine. I suspect the mod is a bolshevik loving /d/eviant.

The mods can't watch every post in every thread. They won't delete what they never see. Why do you think the report function exists?

And you're a faggot anyway since instead of reporting someone you decided to make a post complaining about it.

And your a faggot for giving me a (You) instead of ignoring what I posted.

Is Bern lawful evil?

Bern is shit.

She was TN. She was on the reader's side the whole time.

She wasn't playing D&D.