/bbg/ Blood Bowl General - Can't Think of An Edition Edition

Veeky Forums fumbbl league Season 6 has finished. Our champions are Tooby and Logicsfate, congratulations to both.

Veeky Forums secret league in is round two.

Expect New seasons signing up a week of two after Mauledbythetiger's post season bender

Blood Bowl 2 Legendary Edition has been announced with an expected release for this summer.
bbtactics.com/
plasmoids.dk/bbowl/Bloodbowl.htm
1d4chan.org/wiki/Blood_Bowl

The rules implemented on fumbbl, the CRP (aka LRB6):
marmeladov.com/BB/LRB6.pdf

The new GW released 2016 edition:
mega.nz/#!5oZ1wRQZ!C4ksVQ_bEKIeA07EBKN0Q2LWOAsrgpHEiG_BND0nO2s
And the Deathzone Season 1 Supplement:
mega.nz/#!ktBllQAa!mHZskvUvvDISY2YE11O9Sedths12M4d2wuGXV2R8YD4

Stunty Leeg handbook:
fumbbl.com/files/Stunty_Leeg_Handbook_v1_0_1.pdf

Veeky Forums FUMBBL group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=9828&op=view

Veeky Forums Stunty Leeg group:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10178&op=view

Veeky Forums Secret League:
fumbbl.com/p/group&group=10393&op=view

Veeky Forums STALL League:
fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10591

IRC Server: irc.fumbbl.com
Port: 6667
Channel: #tg

Steam Community for Blood Bowl 2:
steamcommunity.com/groups/tgbloodbowl2

Previous Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=938052
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=938050
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=938089
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=938095
reddit.com/r/bloodbowl/comments/5th1py/congratulations_to_the_season_4_reddit_redux/
fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=938165
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What did you think of season 6 playoffs? Were they better than last season? Did everything go as planned or did your favorite team lose in the first round?

My favorite team lost in the final round

Your own team shouldn't be your favorite team, Penis13.

>introduce Blood Bowl to my friend
>he wins 2-0

W-well his blitzer was injured tho

>Wrong ass old colour theory
Triggered

does yellow and blue, not make green?

it does,but primary and secondary colours are slightly different

The rookies were like the Superbowl. Boring as fuck until the last few turn. Then exciting as fuck through the OT. 7/10

The Vets were great. Then the blizzard hit and stopped tendrils elf bullshit. When Tooby managed the steal that was basically game. Extra points for a elfy final. 8/10

Above average and better than last season. Good season overall! Have we finally stemmed the Veeky Forums decline?

>The Vets were great.
no they weren't Tendril snaked first and tooby never did.

WHEN'S KHEMRI?

The 14th motherfuckers get ready to enter the bone zone!

Fuck Khemri, I want my goddamn Goblins

soon™

Fuck you both I want nurgles

I thought the Vets final was meh.

It reminded me more of basketball or handball games, where the teams constantly spam points and it all boils down to scoring faster than the opponent. Here we had something similar, where 2 elf teams pulled out 2+ dodges 3+ pass elf bullshit in turns and scored every 2.

Other than that (and probably the most important issue with the final), it was very one-sided from the 2nd half, where the dice clearly favored one coach over the other.

In before someone points out "bash v bash is boring" I would like to say this: you're right - it is, just like elf v elf, JUST LIKE ANY OTHER FUCKING MIRROR GAME, so that's precisely why I prefer watching games where the teams have different strategies and skill sets to overcome the opponent.

I liked the rookie final more.

t. xbox cuck

play fumbbl scrub

"Funhavers don't win"

I thought BB2 had Nurgle?

not for console, cause jews

I must be blind, since I'm a new player, but where in the rulebook does it say declaring a blitz costs 1 movement? Had my first legit game and that's how the guy forced every blitz. I just assumed I was allowed to move my normal MA and throw a block somewhere along that time.

Pic is my almost finished coach model.

Yes. The block itself costs one movement on a blitz since you could move to your target's square on a push.

Blitzing doesn't cost movement, blocking during a blitz does.

Tthanks for the quick replies, guys. I knew throwing a block costs one, but I was very skeptical about it costing one from the get-go. It would really hurt dwarves and the like, and my kroxigor could never get around enemy players to block no matter how hard he tried with that.

Another thing to note (if you're going up against dwarves) is that a Frenzy player (e.g. Troll Slayers) declaring a blitz and throwing a block will have to use an extra point of movement (potentially forcing a Go For It roll) to perform their second block.

How does it work if the second block would be 3rd GFI?

It doesn't.

Just doesn't happen

Drunken bamp~u

Come to the irc so you can spam commands for a bot too - crab 2017

dead

Would Blood Bowl be a decent game to play with my wife? I want to get a board game for her birthday that won't just sit on a shelf after playing a few times.

I'd find a lawyer you can trust first. Maybe he can play the game with you after the divorce.

Because it's a nerd board game I want thinly disguised as a birthday present for her or because the competitive nature of it will ruin my marriage?

The latter.

Orc blitzer gets +st. Do you make him the ball carrier, a killer, or a 4th black orc with guard?

bamp

A orc blitzer with +st should put the role as a killer and not as blocker. Because orc blitzer have higher movement and should't be wasted as blocker, use proper black orc or orc linemen for it.

Orc blitzer as ball carrier is good but so long they get boost on +Ag or Sure Hand.

Also the former

blood bowl is not very fun for one vs one only, and it also doesn't come "complete" out of the box. If you are looking for a boardgame i wouldn't get BB.

The better you are at this game the less fun it is.

That is why I stopped caring

Get a cribbage board.

No, it's only good for league play IMOO.
Get something else. With friends, secret hitler or love letter are great games.

Meanwhile in the sekrit league, the feral orks are about to get sexed up!

Tune in at 16:00 to see the show!

Id say get it. Perfectly fun out of the box for 1v1's for me and my mates

Eh, i'd say dont. The game is very competitive and rage inducing.

The game is great if you enjoy seeing people suffer and dont mind suffering yourself from time to time.

Aaand here it is

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=938052

Jet Set Radio vs Shinto Elves

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=938050

sikrit game at 18 pm server
Dirty game beggers vs Empire of nevendaar

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=938089

He must be a great coach

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=938095

reddit.com/r/bloodbowl/comments/5th1py/congratulations_to_the_season_4_reddit_redux/

ha

gg

Ended up not getting it and got a game called Mr. Jack instead. Also is it just me or do the new dwarfs look kind of disappointing?

Dude. No
unless she really likes this sort of game.

both you fuck nugget.
Jesus.
Get something for her. Not for you or both of you.
If you want something for both of you, just buy something for both of you, dont use a day thats suppose to be about her to make it about you. ffs mate.

She wanted a game we could play together. Also give me a fucking break here. Her birthday is on Valentine's Day so I have to figure out two things to buy her.

fumbbl.com/ffblive.jnlp?spectate=938165

secret league with 480k of inducements.

>start game
>get a ko and a cas
>your opponent has left the match

I love bb2

welp, free SPP

gotta love bb2

play on the competitive ladder where coaches get banned for conceding too often and you won't have that problem you idiot

How should I be thinking when it comes to using journeymen? Like how long should I go before replacing a dead player? Just do it once I can afford to so I'm not missing out on SPP?

but what if i suck and want to go agaisnt a bigger number of bad players?

I'm a rather new player, but I'd say it depends on the player.
If it's a player that is good "out of the box" you can keep using journeymen for a while, but a player that needs one or two skills to be actually threatening has to be replaced as soon as possible

I'm new too but that's what i was thinking as well. using a journeyman lineman just seems like wasted opportunities

Why? on most teams linemen's only job is to be punched in the face

was thinking that ya they get punched but they only way they add real value is accumulating skills. I definitely came here to ask though because I know I don't understand the game well. Is there any point in ever replacing linemen then? Or just use journeymen meat bags forever because why not?

one strategy is to never replace dead players

journeymen are excellent foulers & markers though

just stand a journey man beside a troll/ogre/minotaur and let him get punched

You replace them because sometines you do need linemen,especially when bashing the LoS. No matter how shit your linod might be it's better to be able to use a reroll on them. So buy them back when you can,but often if you have say two journeymen it might be better to only buy one positional you need rather then two linemen just to get to 11 men.

don't worry, russians and frenchmen still queue the "competitive" ladder so the average skill level of a bb2 coach is still rock bottom

Never knew about the french stereotype of being a bad player, most I ever got was the 'je suis monté' meme from Monster Hunter

rule of thumb:

are you saving your money for a positional?
>if yes then don't buy a lineman

if you buy a lineman will you have money for a positional in case they die?
>if no then don't buy a lineman

you must be new to bloodbowl, the french suck

ah that makes a lot of sense. tnks

this also sounds like good advice, tnks

Every team has to get some reserve players at some point. That is the point when you finally stop using journeymen and hire extra linos.

But usually there are many things that need to be bought first, so you keep using those journeymen while you save up for positionals, rerolls, apo or whatever else.

If you are going full tryhard, then no, you actually don't want reserves. There are some disgusting elf teams on fumbbl like that that perpetually have like 4 journeymen despite having cash

>only 4

I apologize, I said "just play champion ladder lol" and my opponent (high elves) conceded to my dwarves on turn 8 because of 3 inujuries

maybe he shouldn't have given me two surfs

I think i have only seen that in the old cyanidebowl where matchmaker tries to match you with same TV (not TW) opponent.

I dont understand why else you'd want to have journeymen instead of actual players.

There's literally no difference between journeymen and normal players except for the loner trait. Even if you are trying to funnel all your SPP into positionals, you can just re-hire new linos and enjoy players with no loner.

Sure, you generally dont want to roll any dice with them, but all kinds of shit happens in blood bowl, and any small advantage might help.

In all fairness, you can't ever 'zero' the chances of getting concedes, you can only mitigate it.

there's not a big difference between elf linemen and journeymen linemen

so if the banking rules let you it's better for elf teams to have 500k in the bank so they can rebuy positionals, especially with av7 it's possible to lose all your expensive players in one game against any high tv bash team

So I bought the new dwarf box at the shop last week after playing a demo game with a guy who has been playing the game for decades. I want to play dwarves, but I don't want to use the color scheme shown on the box. Anyone know where I can find lore for the popular dwarf teams? I'd rather my team have some background than picking random colors.

why don't you make your background along with picking their random colours?

Played my first game yesterday, this Bloodbowl thing 'ain't bad. Facing off against a Minotaur, a Troll and an Ogre was somewhat terrifying though.

Playing Dark Elves, 'cos I had an ancient team I'd bought at a swap-meet lying around. Currently my lineup is looking like:
6 Linemen
3 Blitzers (Block)
1 Experienced Blitzer (Block, Dodge)
1 Runner
2 Rerolls
1 Apothecary
1 Fan-Factor

I kinda want to try to save up and get a Witch Elf, but I'm not sure if this is the right way to go. Any suggestions for a new coach? Ideas for Plays, Skills to pick up and new things to buy would all be appreciated.

1. apo
2. reroll
3. witch

alternatively you can grab leader with the runner as the runner's only value is vs strip ball (wood elves and skaven).

Replace blitzers if they die, but don't replace line elves or the runner until you have 3 rerolls 4 blitzers and 1 witch

So I should get a second Apothecary, then a third reroll, then a Witch?

The Runner having Dump Off seems pretty handy for setting up a touchdown, but I've not really had a chance to use it, since he got KO'd pretty quickly in my first game. Is Dump Off no good though?

user was blind and didn't see, you can only have 1 apo. Dump-Off is very situational and you are better off just building him for leader.

Oh is that a thing? I assumed everyone based their team off one existing in the lore. Is it common to come up with everything by oneself?

not him, but ya its super common and makes asking people about their teams more fun (imo)

Sorry, you can only get 1 reroll didn't see you had another. And yea you basically want to score with your Blitzers or witch whenever you can. I'd only use the runner if I was facing strip ball or if I didn't have a blitzer to spare for ball carrying. Like orcs and skaven only carry their throwers for if they have to deal with strip ball.

dump off is pretty shit unless you give him nerves of steel

Is it worth building him for this, or just benching him as soon as I can get a Witch Elf?

I'm not going to be playing in any tournaments or anything, just a game every couple of weeks, so I don't really need (or want) to make a hypercompetitive team. Having a team that doesn't completely suck would be good though haha

So wait, I'm confused. Should I be saving up 100,000 for another reroll, or is 2 fine?

He meant to type apothecary there.
You want the third reroll.

You are really better off getting Leader on the Runner and saving for a Witch.

you want

1. apo
>you already did that
2. third reroll
>either leader on the runner or buying a reroll
3. witch

i'd only give the runner nos if you had another runner to give nos to as well. elves with nerves of steel can be pretty fucking insane

Cheers guys.

So I'll try to get some star player points onto my runner so I can get Leader on him and hopefully in 2-3 games I can buy me a Witch Elf