Warhammer 40k General - /40kg/

"Can't think of a thread edition meme" Edition

>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=gzYtesTxtD8

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Don't you dare dog ear the pages.)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

First for Ynnari, suck it other Eldar factions.

ORKS ARE DA BEST!

>I5
>I2

Are Hunter-Killer Missiles ever worth it?

10 points for a potentially missing once-use-only nerfed melta-strength rocket seems kind of bad, especially since it can't even shoot at full ballistic skill at fliers, which would be the main thing I'd argue spending 10 points on to possible help take care of them.

>Take army of nobs and warbosses
>Play 5th ed with old furious charge

>Beat the I2 meme

HAHA, ORKZ WIN AGEN.

>Still playing in 5th

Wow, that I2 really slowed you down.

GS2 scans when?

>Are Hunter-Killer Missiles ever worth it?

They have some niche use on outflanking Scout Sentinels. Three with Autocannons and HK missiles can ruin a tank's side/rear armour. But that's about it, really. Infinite range doesn't really mean much in a game where it's rare for units to be more than 36" away from one another.

Giving them built-in Skyfire would be cool, or allow them to ignore Line of Sight. Or cut them to 5 points.

they might be worth it against certiain units, or for a easy way to knock off a hull point, kill a space marine, idk.

they can kill a 80 point buffed up crisis suit with no armor saves and instant death so that sounds like a good way to spend 10 points, which would otherwise get you a whole 3 conscripts which would have even less bearing on a game.

I would like them to be 5 points on Sentinels only, to give them intensive to take them.

>There's just nothing there that entices me and the idea that they would ally with the Imperium and Eldar is ludicrous.

There are other ways to do allies that isn't actually "allies". Like I thought about making an admech+nid army for fun, with it being a mildly successful version of how the big bad scientists in Alien and Resident Evil or literally anything always try to harness creatures as biological weapons. Probably not a good army though, just fun. Also cyborg nids, fluff them skipping turns as their parts not functioning properly.

Could do corrupted nids with chaos, Deldar beastmaster with nids, Necron's "technology can do anything" could let them bullshit into having nids. Imperial guard could work, if you remember genestealer cult exists. SoB would be really hard to justify, Marines maybe impossible. Don't know what bullshit Tau and Eldar have.

Reminder that Eldar are balanced because they die to things other races die to.

cutting their cost might help, i never got how a seeker missile for tau is 8 points and a hunter killer 10, when a seeker missile can use a markerlight and suddenly ignore cover, have homing, and resolve at bs5

They count as a weapon for weapon destroyed results right?

So that's something at least, for vehicles with few but valuable weapons like the Exorcist. Though they can take a storm bolter too for half the points.

>we die to bolters
Too bad only one race uses fucking bolters on every fucking unit.

you mean the race 99% of people play?

Y-yes?

I really want to field my Land Raider and don't even have Rhinos yet, so would I maybe be able to pull this shit off?

My main fear are ironically the local Tyranid guy with his Flyrant and Harpy and the local Ork guy with his Gorkanaut and Walker/Bike spam. Would LOVE to stick a Combi-Melta on the LRC but don't know what to cut apart from maybe one of the Neophytes.

I don't really give a shit if someone plays an overpowered army but I get upset when they won't admit that they're WAAC shitters.

the seeker missile cant be destroyed if its already fired, so it seems an odd use of points to *maybe* once in a dozen games save a weapon destroy result. better of firing it at a MEQ and making its points back probably.

OP army doesn't immediately mean WAACer, user.

What they put on the table from that army does.

Lucius is genociding Imperial worlds in orgy of bloodshed and noise. There is something serpentine and huge that's alongside him in this slaughter.

Any idea who or what that mysterious Serpentine being is?

Why are people surprised that bike builds are the dominant meta? Of course mobility is going to be invaluable in a game about shooting guns.

Rolled 1, 5 = 6 (2d6)

Rolling on chaos boon table

bad luck m8

It's my dick, user.

It isn't the mobility its the increased toughness and moveable on-demand cover save that makes bikes great.

And in addition they all come with twin-linked.

>Why are people surprised that bike builds are the dominant meta?
Who is surprised?

Completely clueless people?

user, come on. It's Fulgrim.

jink was a mistake.

I knew i shouldnt have challenged that Tau fire warrior team leader

Fulgrim obviously.

is this a jojo reference

I actually had two exorcists have a HK get destroyed in my last three games, which had 3, 2, and 2 in them. But, it was only because I forgot they were there. I bought them because I couldn't really think of what else to put on them, and later forgot to swap them out.

Basically a 1 in 12 chance every pen will hit the missile, for ten points. But you can fire the missile too, I guess. Think of it like a combi weapon you can fire at the same time as everything else with infinite range, same price too.

dont worry one day youll get that sweet double six roll and turn into a beautiful daemon prince.

Pretty sure it's just a still of a very sweaty guy from some basketball anime that I saved 2 years ago on /a/.

Man in hate that animation caveat, if you want to make eye contact obvious, do it properly, don't just make shit transparent.

then by all means keep buying those HK missiles of godly dice rolls to save those main guns. weapon destroyed is by far one of the least common penetration outcomes ive encountered idk why.

B-but its the only thing that makes orks somewhat usable

Remove jink.

Buff Boyz, Nobs, Bosses, non-Walker vehicles and change the mob rule.

There, now fine with it?

remove jink.

give orks a new codex.

there.

they cant nerf us again right?

I was always fine with removing jink thats just the only argument i hear people say when ever i bring it up.

what is the consensus on the farsight enclave supplement? having an army of drones and suits sounds interesting especially seeing as a team of 2 or 3 crisis suits can easily outperform a fully upgraded fire warrior team while costing the same amount pretty much.

the buffmander might be missed but farsight himself looks good.

Depends how it's done.

Gee thanks, just make Dark Eldar even more unplayable than they are right now, why don't you.

And no, going Ynnari wouldn't help if Jink was removed.

what if jetbikes, skimmers get 4+ jink.

and everyone else 5+?

Dude what, boon table is 11d6

You an always give orks some new good rules and week after realise new FaQ that will rape them.

Nonsense Fulgrim never leaves his daemon world.

Rolled 3, 3, 6, 4, 2, 6, 2, 4, 2, 6, 4 = 42 (11d6)

See how I gain the favour of the gods

Jink as it stands is a retarded mechanic and arguing that removing it would take away army X's only viable unit has nothing to do with jink but is a design problem on a whole different level. Nerfing one kind of unit shouldn't result in an entire army being unviable or unplayable.

If you want to rebalance bikes, I'd rather see them lose the inherent +1 Toughness bonus, while Jink remains as it is.

Now every single daemon primarch is with Abaddon.
Also Fulgrim leave this world to bargain with abaddon.

Well he has now.

I started collecting eldar in 2006. I get shit at my local for being a WAAC just because I own an army that's good ~right now~

My local hobby shop has a one Strikeforce Ultima box left. Should i get some reinforcements for my space marines?

it makes no sense that ground based bikes are as good at jinking as a flying jet bike.

Rate me.

>Nerfing one kind of unit shouldn't result in an entire army being unviable or unplayable.

But you aren't nerfing one kind of unit. You're nerfing Bikes, Skimmers, and Fliers, which when put together, make up about 75% of the Dark Eldar codex.

Jinks isn't one unit type though, it's bikes, jetbikes, skimmers and fliers.

Lots of things in 40k don't make sense. Logically a small, nimble, one-man jetbike would be better at jinking enemy fire than a large skimming tank.

So old and repeated it's going into the spam filter.

>Now every single daemon primarch is with Abaddon.
Lol. God I hope cypher does kill Abaddon. I thought it was retarded when I heard it, but god it would be nice for Abaddon fags to get btfo.

It makes no sense it's as easy to hit a snotling as it is to hit a baneblade.

Then make bikes 5+, Jetbikes 4+, Flyers 4+ and Skimmers 5+?

This isn't hard. Jink is retarded and must be nerfed.

To hit doesn't mean every shot.

Each hit on snotling kills it. Every "hit" on baneblade is probably 10 shots.

Jink in overwatch is retarded.

If you shoot you disable jinking for next turn, if you jink you disable shooting.

Are Arbites playable at all on tabletop?

I thought they were for some reason and went to look for rules, couldn't find any.

so meltaguns hit then 10 times?

It represents a melta barely scraping a snotling and killing it and a melta slowly going through a baneblades armour and finally doing something.

rape my wallet/10

>In the dubious safety of the Crone’s Claw, that natural bowl housing the Klaisus Wraithgate, humans and Eldar watched each other warily. The rag-tag Imperial warriors were exhausted, wounded, or dying, barely a hundred of them huddled around the giant Triaros Conveyor that the Archmagos in their midst clearly valued more than life itself. Incredibly, the light of battle still burned in every warrior’s eyes – that, and the certainty of absolute faith. The Ynnari, knowing well the horrors that the Black Legion would have unleashed upon these hapless humans, took note of that determination, and looked with admiration upon the stubborn resolve of the survivors. To stand against the infamous Despoiler in person and remain unbowed… it was a feat worthy of the Dark Muses. Though it ran against the grain of their souls, even the Wyches of the Cult of Strife felt a kind of respect.

So the Eldar got wet at seeing the humans fight back against Abaddon? They must be easily impressed because the Imperium have been doing that for 10K years.

This line is written to stroke Imperialfag weenises

The entire setting is.

So why do so many Tabletop channels have a paid subscription?

Small audience so the ad revenue is tiny.

But a big part of that small audience are willing to pay.

This is kind of Orky. Never thought of trying this.

>Never thought of trying this.

Spamming their best units?

It's the nature of neckbeards.

I've had an Eldar army to go along with my Marines and Sisters since 2nd Ed. I was doing Wave Serpents and Rangers and such before they were awesome (when, in fact, they were sub-optimal as fuck), simply because they looked cool.

But come the latest edition, people that have been playing me for years have started accusing me of getting on the bandwagon.

What I'm saying is that the people who complain about this are scum and you should never listen to them.

i dont see any war buggies

I posted this earlier on but got completely ignored and I'm curious what you think:

The new eldar with the unpronounceable name wage war against Slaneesh and eventually win destroying the god, long story short, in a classic just as planned, their now fully developed god says wew lad that was alright but this seems top notch and then becomes the 4th god of chaos himself. Either the whole bunch of followers get corrupted or there is massive eldar civil war fuckery fucks, anyway chaos eldar would be a new faction introduced with fluff and rules and you could still field the one the just released and shiet.

Meanwhile in humie land, Guilliman is all like WTF people this whole thing is going to shit, and tries and changes stuff, this will unvariably create confrontation, making any game / campaing with human armies much easier to fluff and creating a shit load of possibilities. The whole situation wouldn´t change much as as the enemy outside can still unite human factions but instead of a stagnant imperium on you get a bit more action on the inside.
They would never do anything like that of course, but it would be also quite interesting if the rumoured primarch turned chaos would be actually Guilli himself as has been awakened partly thanks to a now god of chaos, he´d be secretly tinted and full of fuckery fuck (he´d campaign against failbaddon as a chaos masterplan and further emphasising how much of a cuck and peon the armless is). This might be known by the emprah which somehow would try to prevent him from getting more and more power and control? also discovered by one of the tragic emo chaos primarchs (maybe through the emprah?) which would try and redempt himself by fighting the fucking lapdog of the emprah but in a classic stupid development of things, doesn't tell anyone anything and everyone thinks he´s the bad guy until the very end when everything is discovered and all the people is like oh boi.

So I'm getting a bit burned out on my army and finally decided to start a second one. I want it be very operator, not only because I like that style but it implies a small army which will be cheaper and easier to assemble and paint.

I narrowed it down to Deathwatch and Tempestus Scions, any advice ? No allies between either and I'm not considering combining them yet.

>~right now~
Implying eldar will ever or have ever been bad. There was exactly ONE edition they were not top tier, and even then they were mid to upper.

You deserve your scorn.

Eh, I think it's okay for them to feel a sort of comradeship for people that fight Chaos and don't run.

It shows that they, even the fucking Wyches, are actually better people than most Imperials, who feel nothing but spite for xenos even when they demonstrate admirable traits.

It eliminates all the weaknesses of most Ork lists and provides accurate shooting, durability, mobility, and no boys.

>The new eldar with the unpronounceable name

Jesus, where were you educated?

Ynnari is not unpronounceable.

remove jink
add dust cloud again. hell that was a FREE jink.

Yin-Nari

or Imari if you're into bible black

>I posted this earlier on but got completely ignored
They were doing you a favour.

Deathwatch is great for a 'YOUR GUYS' feel. You just have to put the effort in.

>Army with low BS
>Removes penalty to accuracy and gives them some survivability
I have no fucking idea why they had to change exhaust cloud.

Randomly, does the BL archive have Fabius Bile: primogenitor? I skimmed through but I couldn't find an obvious folder for it.

>buy an army because you like their fluff
>Johnny Space Marine will hate you forever because his space knights aren't as good as them

I'm glad my choice of army causes such frustration for you. You deserve to feel this way.

I'm guessing they thought 2+ cover in the open was over the top.

You're actually right, I just wrote it as I woke up and didn´t really remember how it was spelled so I just went on before I forgot what I wanted to write

>Truck Rockets
Dead T1. I put 15 in a Battlewagon, and arm the wagon with 4 Rokkits and a Kannon. Enjoy 20 S8 AP 3 shots

Why doesn't the Imperium just use a Culexus Assassin to kill Lucius?

>they thought 2+ cover in the open was over the top.

Doesn't the Ghost Keel get that naturally?

Well playing an army that is good (right now or forever) is one of the main signals of someone being WAAC

How do you get a 2+ in the open?

Are you baiting or just entirely clueless about Lucius' nature.

Either way, fuck off and read up on him.