Hey /tg I want to build a a mtg deck around mazes end and door to nothingness...

Hey /tg I want to build a a mtg deck around mazes end and door to nothingness. What are some good cards that would supplement this deck?

Spam as many fogs and fog like cards as possible

Well if you're running Gates, you're going to want Amulet of Vigor.

If you're going to run amulet of vigor you need to run a mana doubler.

You also need some creatures and stuff so you can mana durdle long enough to fire off the door.

>Gates
Only run gates if you're running the alt wincon of Maze's End. They're just bad otherwise.
Amulet does let you activate door the turn you play it though. God I miss playing with Amulet. RIP Bloom

Maybe run it in a tron shell with Composite Golem + Nim Deathmantle? Fog/Tempo shells feel like they'll run out of juice before you get close to having the resources for Door. Lantern maybe.

Maze's End decks are usually played as turbofog, as your win condition is a part of your landbase it frees up a lot of space to just be card draw and fogs.

Amulet of Vigor is great too.

You're gonna want to use black cards mainly, they go along well with artifacts, either make it rainbow and just use Bog Initiates, or use some form of Talisman along with some form of health regen aetifact like Tower of Eons.
You'll want black cards in order to deal artifact damage, cards such as Nim are benefited heavily by artifacts, and if you want to spam little stuff like Frogmites or just artifact pest tokens use Disciple of the vault. Gonna make another post later just cut my tongue sorry.

You run cards like Howling Mines and Dictate of Kruphix to ensure you don't run out of fogs.

Not to mention there are many fogs like Moment's Peace, Tangle, Constant Mists and Pollen Lullaby and Arachnogenesis that can work multiple times.

Another good card for a Maze's End deck is Crop Rotation.
You can also run cards like Glacial Chasm to turn Crop Rotation into a fog.

Sacrificing lands to Constant Mists, Crop Rotation and Glacial Chasm is bad you say? Run Splendid Reclamation! Sacrifice a land to fetch another land, then put them all into play when you want to win.

>use black cards mainly, they go along well with artifacts
What are you smoking?
You're making an entirely different deck from what he asked for just because one of the cards he wants to build around is an artifact.

Artifacts and black cards work incredibly well together, and considering Door to Nothingness requires rainbowing, black cards would help considerably.

No, no, no.

You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

You just suggested he make a bad affinity deck because one of the cards he listed was an artifact.

>I want to base a rainbow deck off one card
B8/8 m8
And who said anything about affinity, I was listing deck strats for rainbowing with artifacts.

Jesus fucking christ, are you actually being serious?

Do you even play magic? Have you been playing for one week? Two months? It's nice that you want to help people, but trying to give advice when you know nothing doesn't really achieve much.

I could write a fucking thesis on why the suggestions you gave were bad.

Play Omnidoor Thragfire

Kek.
Your arguments bring nothing to the table, its evident you haven't played magic and are just farming (you)s
If you want a good Door to Nothingness deck youll need amulets of vigor, keys, some multicolored land or talismans, what do these have in common? Artifacts or you wont have any mana, you can get your multicolored land but unless its incredibly expensive youll end up with something that doesn't untap after giving you 2 different types of mana, meaning talismans are better, if youre going with an artifact deck, its simply better to have mainly black cards due to the mana ramping and damage output availible from black cards, attempting to win just by putting out one card is incredibly stupid because youll either need a perfect opening hand or just fight against the most worthless player ever due to counters and burns existing, as there are 60 cards per deck in as far as tournaments go.
Please learn to play.

But since you seem incredibly dense, let's get a head start on the thesis.

>you want to make a 5 color deck? Here's how to turn all your 5 color mana into black mana!
Good job, this could just have been achieved a hundred times more efficiently by making the deck NOT 5 color, but that goes against OPs wishes, so you instead jumped through the hoops of not only having an entire manabase that enters tapped (Gates) but managed to spend an additional card (Bog Initiate) to make your deck idea work. Which won't work if you don't have the black mana to play Bog Initiate in the first place, amazing.

>cards such as Nim are benefitted heavily by artifacts!
You're right! We're running two artifacts, Door to Nothingness and Amulet of Vigor. Which do NOTHING to support the strategy you are suggesting, which is an AGGRESSIVE ARTIFACT BEATDOWN deck. Also known as AFFINITY. It's a really fucking bad affinity deck, but that doesn't change the archetype you are suggesting.
Want to know the first two steps to improving your deck idea? REMOVING Amulet of Vigor and Door to Nothingness. REMOVING Maze's End and terrible manabase it requires, and adding only swamps.

You are also completely mixing up the archetype of his deck, which is COMBO. You are suggesting he adds aggressive beaters to a deck that wants to assemble a combination of cards and win. Not only that, but you prove your complete cluelessness of deck archetypes by suggesting he runs TOWER OF EONS in the SAME DECK as Nim!

Then you suggest fucking Disciple of Vault of all things. What the fuck would he run that for? Nim's aren't even artifact creatures. You think running a playset of Frogmites is going to make him good? You run disciple if you plan on SACRIFICING a large amount of artifacts. Which you DONT EVEN HAVE.

You're the one seriously suggesting he runs Nim's as a valid strategy to winning.
They were fucking bad when they came out in Mirrodin, they are even more outclassed now.

2000 char

You seem to somehow believe that running a crapload of talismans will somehow make the Nim's a viable choice, while also supplying enough mana to eventually win off Door to Nothingness.

You know? That's the least retarded suggestion you have made so far. If you want to go for an artifact ramp strategy, Talismans and Signets are a good way to go.

Do you know which other archetype that uses this approach? Tron. Do you know what they DON'T run? Affinity creatures.

If you want to make a solid Nim deck, you need your artifacts to contribute towards your strategy of beating face. That means Cranial Plating, Arcbound Ravager, artifact lands (Hmm, does this remind you of anything?), artifact creatures.

You're just splitting the deck completely between two archetypes that have almost zero support for each other.

But hey, let's go to the one thing you completely ignored, the landbase of these decks.

You realize he asked for a Maze's End deck, right?

That involves running 15-25 GATE lands, that enter TAPPED, where a majority of these lands WON'T tap for black mana. You know what archetype can't afford tapped lands at all? Aggro!

But even though they are slow, they have synergy with cards like Gatekeeper Vine, Explore, Summer Bloom etc which help him get his manabase up to speed. This is why he would run Amulet of Vigor. Not because it would give his fucking 3 mana 1/1 an additional power.

any time i have a card that reqires a bunch of colors i just run it in my faporlings with cryptolith rite to produce the mana. titanic ultimatium, nicool brolas, dragonshift. stuff like those thanks for the door to nothingness idea,

>Only run gates if you're running the alt wincon of Maze's End. They're just bad otherwise.

Well given that OP said a deck around Maze's End and Door, I assume he's going for silly alt wincons, yeah. Why else would you use Maze's End?

Also, since the general consensus seems to be leaning toward a turbofog route anyway, why not add a 3rd alternate wincon?

One of the upsides of turbofog is that your opponents suite of creature removal is disabled.

You simply have no creatures worth using removal on. Which is great when you are drawing them a ton of extra cards.

Azor's Elocutors would become that one viable target, and would also dillute the fog consistency.

Optimally, he wouldn't be running Door to Nothingness at all, since maze's end is the only win condition you need, but running it as a one-of wouldn't be too bad.

OP here. I was considering throwing a platinum angel in there to be a dick

Build a pentacolor commander deck, Have them both as alternate wincons.

You know, there's formats other then commander.

Bad idea for the reason given here You don't need platinum angel because they already can't win through your fogs.

Playing Platinum Angel just gives them an outlet for their removal that would otherwise do nothing.

Savage.