Warhammer 40k General - /40kg/

"Dark eldar are web-way neets edition."

>Dank Daily Duncan
youtube.com/watch?v=gzYtesTxtD8

>40k rules reference in wiki format. 204% Organized
sites.google.com/site/wh40000rules/

>Rules and such. Use Readium for epubs. Sorry, it's shit, but it'll read 3s.
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>Latest GW teases
warhammer-community.com/warhammer-40000/

>Latest GW attempts to fuck up your list
games-workshop.com/en-JP/Rules-Errata

>40K 7th Edition Quick Reference Sheets:
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4104995/Games/7edRef.pdf

>DIS DA WAAAGH ORGANIZA, ZOG YERSELF IF YER STILL ASKIN' ABOUT IT
webapplications-webroster.rhcloud.com/rc/web/#/rosterCreator

>Forge World Book Index:
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Forge_World_and_Apocalypse_Rules_Index

>The Black Library (Don't you dare dog ear the pages.)
mega.nz/#F!wx4BiKhD!YhnAf1BqSmAB8dO6xDM56Q

old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LJMLfACod48
1d4chan.org/wiki/Dimachaeron
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anyone here actually make a kill team out of Deathwatch? Do they just get stomped?

I have 5 guys with shotguns and Boltguns. Actually like the one off fuckers.

They're sternguard, but with some extra options (including close combat weapons)

Not the best, but hardly the worst. Having extra flexibility makes them fun to play, if you're into that.

Nth for Rough Riders charging Tank Squadrons in a competitive setting... And Winning!

Bolter+Shotgun deathwatch are great. I feel like the best way to run them is to buy some Underbarrel shotgun from somewhere like anvil-industries.

Someone charges your 5-man veteran squad? 10d3 wall of death!

A guy I know who got into the game started with Deathwatch, though he quickly switched to Space Wolves. Deathwatch are really expensive and elite focused as an army. It seems hard to play them on their own.

After reading Fall of Cadia, it struck me how GW is really emphasizing the "super zealous platonic beat friends" relationship between the SoB and Black Templars.

I think it would be cool if they merged the BT and SoB into a "Crusaders of The Imperium" codex in 8th edition. It would provide the SoB with the codex update (and of course models) that they've wanted for years, and also return a sense of distinctiveness to the Black Templars that has been missing since we lost our codex.

They have a lot of great toys to them, but are hyper-elite for the points costs. They do have toys to help make up for it, like the Flamer/Heavy Bolter for hordes and the Frag Cannon for anything tough or stubborn.

Keep a solid core of marines with basic weapons to keep the body count up, but you're vulnerable to being overwhelmed and each casualty takes its toll. Their strengths are having weapon profiles and toys for every situation plus general marine toughness.

Also, HoR or GW Kill Team?

>Deathwatch are really expensive and elite focused as an army. It seems hard to play them on their own.

They're a rock in a game of rock-paper-scissors-WAAC

I got this badass today. What would be some units to use alongside him?

Are the Blood Angels represented by the Blood Raven or were they just excluded from the image?

Heralds of Ruin always, waaay less fucking broken, 10x as much customization. Also dat inherent cap of no more than 24 models, so you don't have the same problem of assholes bringing 100-man kill teams like you do in GW-KT

So:
>Rock = Elite Team
>Paper = Horde Team
>Scissors = Medium Team
in this analogy?

He could tank for 5 banshees on a starweaver or a venom.

50 war walkers

Alright, back for another round of feedback on how the fuck to make a Land Raider work in such a low point list.

>unpainted in tourney
REEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Bolter+Shotgun deathwatch are great
And illegal, as of the latest and greatest FAQ. No WAACing your way around it even though the codex is so poorly-written that it's technically legal.

Well, a 2/3 split between 5 marines of Shotguns and Bolters or Bolters and Shotguns depending on terrain density and what you're up against could work well. Or just to taste.

I don't know if you own the model, but axe the Scouts and put the Tacticals in another pod. Grav absolutely needs a delivery system. I would say Rhino, but I think you said last thread you don't own any.

So is there anything that a Dark Eldar player can make use of in the Fracture of Biel-Tan stuff. I thought there was some Dark Eldar stuff mixed in the formations, but I can't find any mention of that anymore.

Why does that Knight look so anorexic? Have you finished building it, cause it looks like it's missing some armor plates.

You mean aside from the big jumbo faction that lets you take any eldar units including Deldar stuff, and the various formations that do include Dark Eldar units alongside their craftworld and harlequin counterparts?

Its an Atropos.

There is, but it's mostly Wyches and therefore pretty shit.

Soulburst is arguably a better gimmick than PfP though, so if you were thinking of playing a Kabal/Coven list then it's worth considering the Reborn Warhost with pure DE units. If you run in to a sperg who won't play you because lol Ynnari, show him your list.

Skipped leg day.

>Atropos in 40k
RRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I didn't realize they could get shotguns ? I have a lot of forgeworld astartes shotguns around somewhere. I guess I need to actually download this codex.

Will you fucking not

Does a unit have to suffer a wound to be effected by the Dark Eldar's Soulfright at the end of the shooting or just have to be caught in the blast template?

Deathwatch Shotguns come with Deathwatch marines. They have a few alternate shot profiles as well, including a template one so you can scatter shot up some fools who try to get in close.

Yeah, don't own any yet, though my next investment is definitely going to be the Dark Angels Armored Assault box or a Vindicator because those things are sexy as fuck for softening up melee targets.

Added the scouts as an extra capture unit and a bit of long-range support fire. I also don't have any more Drop Pods yet because starting Black Templars was a recent impulse decision because I just really wanted to throw a bunch of dudes out of a big box into melee while said box is annoying and hard to kill.

Do I still have access to Raiders? Can I put my Harlequin in raiders again?

Well, I posted my pure DE Ynnari and Haem Covens list last night and triggered some people.
Tell me, do you think this REALLY that bad or are people having the kneejerk reaction of a lifetime?

I took on one in a 40k game. Toe to toe with my sword and board wraithknight. I lost, but it exploded and fucked up his army so there was that.

The Normies have evolved...

NEET WAR NOW
REEEEEEEEEEE

Nice! Guess the ones I have will stay in the bits box until I get around to making my blackshields

Yea the new FAQ is fucking retarded. The Deathwatch codex wasn't even that great to begin with, and now it got completely unecessary nerfs that made it practically nonviable.

Plus it was apparently written by the ITC faggots.

That's not my Knight. It belonged to my opponent.

My dudes are the sternguard vets sitting under it's legs, and the Chapter Master sitting in the razorback that afterwards ate a 6 on the D table.

I eventually won because my warlord somehow lived to the end of the game, and said knight got burned down over the course of 3 turns.

Paint your shit you disgusting tourneyfag

Just has to hit.

Personally, I think that it could work out pretty well.

The Templars portion of the codex would essentially be BT HQs, and their unique units (we could have the old Sword Brethren unit back, in place of Sternguard/Vanguard), and of course the typical SM units (excluding Scout squads, Sternguard/Vanguard, librarians, standard tactical squads, devastators, and a couple other things). They could come up with a BT answer to Devastators, which have never fit in well with BT armies.

I confess that I don't know much about sisters.

>posts Reddit
>/r9k/ referenced
>expects lack of cancer
user I don't know what to tell you.

Awesome thanks, I was wondering what was up with the Strength 1 on the weapon. So as long as they aren't fearless which a lot of stuff are and they fudge the leadership test then they're fucked?

Friends, I decided to start a new army for a tourney and the inner circle thing so today I picked up DM, GS2, DE start collecting, and a wraithknight. How can I build up this into a 2k tournament viable list in two months?

I was going to call you a huge faggot for running AV14 under 1000 points (like not even at 1000 points, under it, fucking really?) but then I realized it says "Tourney List."

In that case the answer is probably "you can't" since everyone else will be preparing for exactly this sort of cheese, with one billion haywire, grav and melta guns

reposting;
Yeah, that's what I figured. If I'm lucky I'll get possession on both sorcerers, who may be on bikes, giving me a possible two greater daemons. And maybe keep it if gained on DP as well, to pull off when at low wounds. Might sculpt up a GUO too to mix it up a little if I manage to get it on 2+ models the same game.

So to summarize my Word Bearers army;
-Flying DP summoner
-2x Sorc, one or both on bikes, with the bikers and spawn squads I'll have either way
-Chaos lord for warband. Either on foot with a CSM-squad, or on Juggernaut with axe of blinding fury with spawn, depending on points available
-Termicide squads for chaos warband formation. One or two units, combimeltas on first, melta or plasma on second
-Bikes for warband, melta
-At least 2 squads of CSM for warband. Likely very big squads, 15+ at least, upgrades/marks depending on points.
-Havocs for warband. 4x AC or 3xAC+1xML
-1-2 units of spawn for auxillary (2 if juggerlord)
-probably a dark apostle for at least one CSM squad. Word Bearers after all.

1 Lord and 1 Sorc are part of warband, getting those bonuses as well. 1 sorc, DP and apostle are taken as "Lord of the legion" choices for the "main formation". This leaves one slot open there for another lord or sorc as well.

CSM squads: one MoN. One maybe MoS with icon. Beef up squads with any leftover points. Add a cheap lord to one squad for fearless, quite capable combatant even if he only has a power weapon/fist.
Apostle, is his Zealot just a better version of Fearless, or does Fearless give some benefit Zealot don't? Either way, he's in there to buff anything nearby with Zealot. Might as well also add Baleful Icon from Word Bearer artifacts to him if no other HQ is taking it. Enemy needs to reroll successful charges against his unit, and doesn't get extra charge attack even if they manage the second time, for just 15 points. Stick in Nurgle or Slaneesh squad?

I'm considering taking 93 infantry models to see how this death god shtick works out. I won't win, but I don't give a fuck. What say you?

SO when are we gonna get the Guilliman Enhanced Marines?

How viable/legal is a HoR Deldar Kill Team made up of reavers?

forgot to add Gangs in there as well.

Yes, because the new detatchment is technically a new faction of all 3 of the others.

Which is more iconic? Blood Angels or Ultramarines?

Yeah you can get some decent mileage out of it as long as you're not facing marines.

The jury's sill out. Technically, your units still have different factions, but being in an Ynnari detachment gives them all ANOTHER faction, the Ynnari faction, so they are ALSO from the same faction. I really want to rule in favor of it but it just means the return of Vect's Raider Rental Service and I'd rather put that bullshit behind me.

Ignore the autists on Veeky Forums that get triggered by the sight of Ynnari. Pure DE Reborn Warhost is absolutely fine. I myself look forward to seeing what tricks I can pull with my Reavers in it.

I run almost exactly the same list (too lazy to read wargear, might even be exactly the same list) as pure DE all the time. I've even posted it here before, nobody complained.

People are just mad because of whatever the fuck soulburst does. If you die you get a free move or some shit. It's silly since as far as I know your guys have to be clumped up to get it and (I assume that the "Detachment" is your Ynnari-rules-DE part and the rest is Covens) the stuff you threw in the Ynnari part isn't even scary OR prone to being clumped up OR anything out of the ordinary for DE

tl;dr there is literally nothing wrong with your list, they're being faggots

Think i saw them play a list like that on miniwargamming. HoR looked like it did well enough.

Hey there Veeky Forums GGA here with another Minecr- I mean 40k batrep. Played a pretty massive 2500pt game against my friend's Nid army if you're all interested in a batrep. Did you guys play any games today too? What are you anons up to?

What are they rolling ?

If you're within 7" of a unit that dies, you get to move, shoot or assault once per turn.

You play peanut butter nids a lot, huh?

I already attempted bringing my Land Raider once, nobody was prepared for it, everyone was thoroughly impressed that I even bothered bringing one and I still lost every game except against Tyranids because I was flooded in models while my Land Raider could barely dent their numbers.

Only time anyone attempted fighting it or even bothered was the Ork guy crashing his Morkanaut into it while his 10 or so bikes, 3 Killa Kans and Deff Dread took care of my few remaining models on the field with Gretchin capping the two objectives he had directly at his table edge.

nothing it's just a dank maymay dude xD

Is there anything I'm fucking up?

Soulburst is actually a fair bit stronger than you think. It can be an extra round of shooting or an assault, and triggers off of enemy deaths.

I think it's perfectly fair on a Dark Eldar army, as it's essentially an edgier version of Battle focus and actually gives them some speed and killing power that promotes their alpha-strike nature and wanes as the battle goes on.

The problem is using it with craftworld stuff which is all already amazing.

Is this gonna be alright to run as a competitive list? Is it even going to be any fun to play against?

Not sure if I should drop some Wargear to give the Crawler an Icarus Array or risk having no AA and if the Pseudogenerator is actually going to be worth anything. Also, all Gravtaphrons or should I mix in some Plasma?

Played a 3k game today. 1500 of my Exorcists + Coteaz + his crew w/ 1500 Blood Angels + Celestine vs. a horde of Black Legion.

We basically just ran at each other and fought until we died. Didn't finish before the store closed but I think loyalists were going to carry the day.

Highlights include:

>tac marine punching a terminator to death
>Coteaz's eagle killing an Obliterator
>Said Obliterators tanked a fuckstupid amount of shots and there were 2/3 left at the end of the game
>Celesting cut a Forgefiend in half

Yeah I don't really see the problem there if it's basically only applying to your Reavers, Venoms, and Scourges. In fact if anything I would say you kind of picked weak choices to put in there because even though those are basically our best units, it's my experience that if you stick them all in one spot they'll all just die. I guess it will work for Reaver screening but in that case the guys I assume you usually want to take the soulburst action (Reavers) will be the ones dying.

tl;dr still see literally no problem with this, anyone complaining about DE getting a buff is a huge faggot anyway

Fuck I was just about to hit submit and this popped up. I didn't realize it's *any* unit that dies. That's a bit better. Most of the above still applies though since afaik the Grotesquerie and DA don't get that benefit from it (and also are the least likely to die and give it to your other guys)

Blood Angels probably.

Blood Angels because they're closer to Blood Ravens.

Casually painting stuff. Ogryn and a lascutter stormtrooper.

Heard one of my games got put online. Knowing a few thousand people got to watch me get tabled is a strange feeling.

I think you're still missing a key point here. It's any unit. That includes enemy units. You don't need to clump up and have your weak units die to benefit the remaining ones. You can just balls to the wall forward near the enemy, blast them off the board with something, and then your dudes near them an extra shot at doing something, which may be shooting a different enemy, which may trigger it for another unit.

I picked up fracture of biel tan today and i feel like im spoiled for choice and every list i make looks too elite to be any good on the table.im playing a game friday and I definitely want to bring the triumvirate to try them out and 4 black wind riders in the formation with scatter lasers, thats 985 points so that leaves 1015 for a reborn warhost. Any ideas?

What actually is that thing? I'm behind on my Nids since I haven't seen them played much since like 4th edition.

Anyway, I did play a game today. Dusted off my old Marines to play against a friend's AdMech with Cawl. That motherfucker is absolutely indestructible and just went around buffing the shit out of everything. My Leviathan was instagibbed turn 2 by a counter-DSing Holy Requisitioner (in doing so they didn't drop where they needed to go, which would prevent my Warlord from dying) but my fucking Ironclad once again got shit done, annihilating the entire formation by himself and then fucking up a Knight (Melta -> 4 HP gone, then charged and finished it off). Though he at a 6 o nthe D table in return, he was on 1HP so I didn't give a shit. My friend was pissed because that motherfucker literally never loses to Knights - I beat his Knight list before because he just refused to die, so him furthering his reputation made the game a memorable one.

All in all it was a draw 12-12 by turn 7, though I still had my Fire Raptor on the board, so who knows.

SPESS MAHRENS
youtube.com/watch?v=LJMLfACod48

Is there a verdict on the rapier laser destroyer carriage? It looks like pretty good value for points and means I can move away from lascannon weapon teams.

So, you're taking craftworld Eldar stuff with all their new toys and formations, and you're worried about it not being good enough?

OK, so given that I have to get some Tempestus Scions to run the Wrathful Crusade formation, I figure I might as well get some as they can also fill the "2 different factions" requirement for Castellans of The Imperium as well.

I run large, melee focused Crusader squads (Bolt pistols and chainsword with neophyte meatshields). So, how should I outfit them to best complement my Templars?

1d4chan.org/wiki/Dimachaeron

Interesting thing I just noticed;
The Daemon Prince can get two rolls on the boon table this way (for anyone unaware, it normally doesn't get boons due to not having that champion of chaos rule).
Purchase one with Gift of mutation for him, then give one with "The eight-fold path" rule for the Word Bearers formation, which can be used on any character. That's a second chance to hope for the D3+1 additional rolls as well.

I held the line.

I managed to shame my primarch today by completely botching a competitive mission that rightfully should be my chapter's specialty.

I was running a 1000 point Raptors list against a 2000 point Space Sharks army. The mission was "Assassinate". I automatically win the game if my opponent's warlord drops dead, my opponent wins if his warlord survives the game.

My list was the following
> ML2 Librarian
> 2 Scout squads, 2 Heavy Bolters, 1 combi-grav
> Command squad with Apothecary and 3 plasma guns in an Infernum Razorback
> Sternguard vets with a single combi-grav in a Razorback.
> Leviathan Dreadnought with Full-kit in a Lucius Pattern Drop Pod.

My plan was essentially to insert into the field and tactically execute his warlord like a good operator. The Leviathan there was for my heavy lifting in case something went wrong, since he could easily shred anything I pointed him at. Tyberos the Red Wake was sitting in a 5-man assault termi squad with all lightning claws.. Not exactly very tough, should be crackable by using rending bolters to surgically remove the squad, and then shooting tyberos to death with plasma guns.

My fuckup happened when I completely forgot to infiltrate my two scout squads. I didn't have the key rending bolters needed to ablate his squad, and FATMAN didn't have the AP in shooting to take care of it either. Although he did snag 2 of the termies in t1 without leaving his pod, while also clearing a straight path to tyberos.

Turn 2 had me losing half my sternguard vets, and my command squad got charged. My second fuckup happens when I forget my psychic phase. I could easily have used Electrodisplacement to swap my Command squad with plasma-guns, with my 2-man sternguard squad that can't crack termi-armour. Instead they got stranded in melee. FATMAN made his hail-mary charge range to get in combat with Tyberos, but he then whiffed HARD and only killed 2 of the termies, then he got CHAINFISTED to death and exploded.

No, I got that after the second user's post. I just don't think it makes that much of a difference for most of the units you have selected, especially since more than half of your list is melee-only. If you're within 7 inches of the enemy unit that died it can get you an extra haywire shot at a tank, extra anti-blob shots from the venoms, or your Reavers get to charge immediately rather than drawing fire for another turn. I get it. But DE suck so much ass compared to CWE that even with that buff it's only going to work sometimes and requires even more planning on the "you must plan every single thing out or your glass 'cannons' will die by turn 2" army. The guys charging still have to make it through overwatch and/or are still going to die to bolters the next turn.

tl;dr It's a nice buff but nowhere near as bad as eg. Skyhammer Annihilation Force.

Strength from Death doesn't work with units in vehicles right? If my Warriors in a Raider kill a unit, they can't fire gain right?

These beautiful bastards did work for me tonight. Killed a wolf lord, two squads of grey hunters, and some sternguard. Beautiful. Chaos is hella fun, mannnn.

>Maulerfiend
>most dangerous melee unit in the game
Fucking kek, why does 1d4 shill dinobots so hard?

Non-vehicle unit. So the warriors on the raider benefit from it, but not the raider.

I have harlequins and dark eldar too, i wanted to bring 5 incubi in a star weaver, a 6 man troupe with neuro disruptors in a star weaver, then 5 dire avengers in a serpent. Maybe my brain is just as scattered as my lasers right now since i havent slept well all week. I play pretty casually and dont aways play eldar so playing to win isnt always on my mind

>nicely painted Vostroyans
>3 color Daemons
>unpainted Riptides
the meme thickens

Playing guard, can I actually make a passable melee unit? Something like a commander with power fist, all CCW vets in a chimera?

Actually after moving some models around on the table and considering things I've revised my opinion to "it's a pretty good buff actually." But it is going to require 1 billion years of planning and JUST AS PLANNED, and if your opponent is smart he can mitigate the effect to a high degree in the way he deploys his own units. On the other hand though it is nice to eliminate 2 threats at once as DE, even if one of them is just getting Reavers stuck in with something that wants to shoot. Between that and the DA I guess you have plenty of opportunities to disrupt the fuck out of your enemy's plans.

So never mind, I can see why anons got mad but it's nowhere near as bad as it could be and not even slightly close to as cheesy as the formations everyone else gets.

This is what I'm bringing, man. I'm just gonna throw shit at the wall and see what sticks. I fully expect to be triggering strength from death left and right.

Procrastinating painting my final venom...No games lately because my friends can't be bothered to slightly bend their schedule even though I've faked being sick to call in to work to hang out with them sometimes. And one of them even wants to test his custom Space Marine Chapter supplement so we can start doing some internal balances.

Nice, Venoms with Blasterborn are gonna get so many vehicles kills.

Oh and a far seer with the incubi

You really can't. If you have to, though, slap a Psyker(s) and Priest(s) in a Bullgryn squad, it's the best you'll get.

>inb4 Rough Riders

Some Forge World monstrous creature out of one of the Imperial Armor books. He described it as a bigger Lictor pretty much.

Getting behind on painting since all of the sudden friends actually want to play games with me.

Psykana Division formation all rolling on Biomancy could be funny. According to the FAQ, Brotherhood of Psykers powers that "affect the Psyker" apply to the whole unit.

Actually, it just dawned on me that the raiders could trigger it but could not benefit from it because I'm pretty sure you can't target a unit that is embarked even one on an open topped transport.