So let me get this straight

So let me get this straight.

>Ynnead finally is born because we Age of Emprah now
>DEldar and Eldar come together to make a new faction
>But instead of something cool or interesting, Ynnead is just Slaanesh 2.0, complete with Daemonette aesthetics and nonbinary gender

Seriously, fuck GW. Pic related or something to that effect could have been much better.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t_7Q5gFoI84&t=1264s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Cloak-and-scythe Death God. Yes, much more original and interesting.

I think it looking Slaaneshi is a good thing. It's Slaanesh's younger sibling after all, the bright mirror to Slaanesh's darkness, and the design reflects that.

It's idiotic. The model could be put in a slaneshi army and not look out of place.

And yes the Grim Reaper god being the closest thing to a good guy in the setting is very 40k. A Slannesh rehash is awful

The avatar is visually similar to slaanesh in certain ways in order to reflect how the same impulses and aspects that live at the core of all Eldar were what birthed Slaanesh to begin with. But the gods themselves are different, and suggesting that a spoopy grim-reaper knockoff would make a better death god is terrible.

Yeah, I think this just gonna be a subjective thing that we'll go around in circles on. I think a grim reaper Ynnead would be generic and dull and that Slaanesh's twin clad in Eldar armour is an aesthetically nice and thematically fitting look, and you disagree.

I'm not sure there's much more to discuss here.

Yup, nothing more to discuss. See you 300 pointless replies later?

Sorry, I just don't associate Death Gods with trigendered David Bowie impersonators with a dinky sword and FABULOUS~ hair.

Oh, I'm sure something entertaining will show up. It's a 40K thread, the fandom generates a certain kind of madness.

Ad hominem aside, if Ynnead where really to be the mirror opposite of Slaanesh, wouldn't he be a genderless robot? Think about it, Slaanesh is god all about passion and flair. Wouldn't its opposite be a highly disciplined stoic god?

Well, may be you would if your race was slowly spiralling into eternal torment thanks to a god that looked exactly like that.

Ynnead looks like Slaanesh because Slaanesh is death to the Eldar

ITT

>m-muh feels!
>NO! MY FEELS!
>Your lore ends where my feelings begin!

There's also the fact that the Grim Reaper suggests finality while Ynnead is supposed to represent death tempered with rebirth. He's here to punch Slaanesh so the Eldar can start reincarnating again, hence the bright and happy colours and dramatic flair.

I'll buy this logic. Won't be happy about it, but I'll buy it. However Ynnead is this So why does the Rebirth God look like the thing he's supposed to dick smash as upposed to, I don't know pic related.

Because I think they want to imply that Slaanesh and Ynnead are two sides of the same coin. That they aren't as separated as the Ynnari want to believe they are.

He looks like Slaanesh for the same reason Bizarro looks like Superman. They are twins on opposite sides of the spiritual war, hence similar appearance with differences in details and colour scheme.

Also it would be weird if it looked like Allarielle, who's the representative of a different Elven goddess, Isha, who's 40K equivalent, Ysha, is still trapped in Nurgle's plague-gardens.

Why is there another Death God who opposes Chaos if Nightbringer is already in?

The only real difference between Slaanesh and Ynnead is Iconography. When I first saw the model I thought Slaanesh was finally getting some new units.

>The model could be put in a slaneshi army and not look out of place.

That's the point of the character you god damn idiot

Because the coming of Ynnead has been a part of Eldar fluff since before Necrons and the C'tan were even dreamed up by GW.

Because it's an ELDAR god? Eldar kinda go with 'David Bowie Impersonators with fabulous hair' as how they look.

You know I always disliked the idea of having the 40k story move forward in any major way.

It doesn't need to expand vertically. It has to expand horizontally.

I'm out of the contry atm, can someone give me the brake down on what's happened and what book it's in please?

Riiiiiight

So Slaanesh isn't a bad guy? Or Ynnead isn't a good guy?

This. Or if it moves forward it does so at a crushingly slow pace at very small levels

You say rrrriiight and you use as your evidence an image not only from fantasy, not 40k, but a Dark Elf character?

Y'know, I really should have spotted you were a troll sooner.

I had a discussion about my brother sometime ago. 40k is good when it is the story of men and women.

Not gods, not demigods, not demons but people.

Why would a race that has manually cultivated wheat-equivalent for several million years (if ever) now would associate a scythe with death ? Beyond "the last eldar who even saw a scythe is currently extremely dead".

>So Slaanesh isn't a bad guy? Or Ynnead isn't a good guy?
Slaanesh is the path to ecstasy. Ynnead is the path to awe.

...that has NOT cultivated... Of course. Sorry.

Don't they reincarnate.

I feel like I missed something. Where can I read up on recent developments? Haven't been here for a while

Oh I'm so sorry. Perhaps this picture of a completely different character "Khaine" from 40k will suit your Autism. How's about it little buddy?

Nightbringer wields scythe. And he is responsible for fear of death among mortal races. Unless it was retconned already by GW.

It's not so much death as it is rebirth. And a pallette swapped Slaanesh as a god of rebirth is six kinds of retarded.

Is it because Slaanesh was created by the Eldar that he/she looks the way it does? It makes sense that Ynnead would look similar to the Eldar as well. The Eldar were there before either god was awaken.

I agree that the current design is not that good, but another grim reaper is not really any better.

I'd have thrown in yin yang binarity on top of more of the usual wraithbone visual themes and space symbolism (eclipses, stars, moons) both because it's a stillborn god, so probably still lacking a strong sense of identity and dispersed since ulthran's fuckup and because the parallelism with stars in a galaxy and souls in the immaterium is sweet to me.

the real purpose of the actual design for me still has to be revealed.

>I had a discussion about my brother sometime ago. 40k is good when it is the story of men and women.
>Not gods, not demigods, not demons but people.
I had a very similar discussion with mine, did we leave you looking after the house and plants?

Everyone in this thread should watch this video, as it's the designers literally describing how they came up with their design.

youtube.com/watch?v=t_7Q5gFoI84&t=1264s

You want another cloaked scythe-wielder? Throw it on the pile.

What they did is way more interesting and unexpected.

Unexpected? Yes.

Good? Kek, no

Why didn't they just make it look like a fucking wraithlord then?

Can someone post a pic of xir already or link a post containing one?

It doesn't look too bad here but...

...here it's just horrendous

Are you stupid or something? No one reincarnates, at best they are perpetuals so they don't die, or they are resurrected as saints and demons. The rest become chaos god food.

Creepy Ghost Eldar. Seems fine for the Eldar death god.

>it's the designers literally describing how they came up with their design.
it's more like describing the design more than explaining how it came up that way, but sure, pretend that's everything that had to be said about it.

C'tan are gods of the Materium, Ynnead is a god of the Immaterium. C'tan aren't even really gods, they are just godlike beings.

No, he's actually right. Before the awakening of Slaanesh the Eldar reincarnated upon death since their souls were eternal. It's part of why they became so hedonistic. See, for example, the DEldar who can get a new body if even a fingernail exists - different mechanism, same effect.

>scaremongering about how GW is going to kill off Slaanesh
>GW make the new Eldar centrepiece character an Eldar Slaaneshi Champion

>C'tan
>relevant

Eldar love their myths, and the spoopy reaping scythe evidently does exist as part of their 'death' imagery (even discounting the old Nightbringer fluff).

Stop being such a cringe, crying over plastic toys, get a life!

>Khaine in the end times
>Dark elf.

You
fucking
mongrel.

Khaine looks the same all over anyway, the only difference is the amount of glyphs on his armour.

Claiming Khaine is even slightly Bowie-esque is fucking retarded and you need to stop.

Stop being such a cringe, crying over what people discuss online, get a life!

It's not everything, but it's what they felt they wanted to present to us at this time. They talked about the dualistic nature of this god and slaanesh, and creating parallels between the two.

Keep in mind that the story is still progressing, and we don't know for sure if this whole Ynnari thing was a good idea in the grand scheme of things. I think the Slaaneshi design was meant in part to make us a little nervous as to the true nature of this THING they've awoken and are praising as their salvation. Phil implies this also to a degree in the other video where he talks about the rules.

>Warhammer 40k
>Good Lore

Pick one

Dark reapers and especially DR exatchs and Maugana Ra and death jesters all use scythe imagery or actual scythes

There is no difference between these two other than a brighter color scheme, just use black instead of pink and whoop-de-doo, you're done.

the reaping is an aspect of khaine infected by the influences from the nightbringer

>shilling so hard

No. It was me who left.

It just doesn't look as awful when drawn. You can barely tell that it's a gender fluid Daemon-kin

Like... Guilliman?

Oh shit...

On that line. I always wondered why nurgle and slaanesh have more or less the same number of followers if one promises eternal pleasure and the other, eternal sickness.

Also it has classic Freudian symbolism to it. They're both Id figures. Slaneesh is the sexual, Ynnead is the thanatopic.
Sex and death.

Here's my take on how Synneadoconnera's model came to be at G Double Jew:

GW pit boss: Hey $Drone, design me a hot transperson model that's so in right now with the hip kids. I want it by 8 tomorrow. Ok bye.

$Drone: fuuuuuck. I had a JAV wanking marathon planned tonight. Oh well, I'll just recycle this generic Hellraiser Cenobite model I have lying around.

I think you hit the nail on the head. It just feels generic

>generic grim reaper expy
>more interesting
Nope. And it's made even more retarded by the fact that they introduced the night bringer as the literal grim reaper

Khaine is Khorne.
Ynnead is Slaanesh

ALL of the chaos gods came from the psychic emanations of the Eldar in the warp, Slaanesh was just the most recent whilst all the others occurred in the times of the old ones.

I think it's hysterical that GW tried to trick us into thinking they were gonna squat Slaanesh, when in reality it turns out that the craftworlders never stopped feeding her. If anything, looks like the storyline is pushing forward that Slaanesh is becoming more powerful.

Does anyone have the statine for the Avatar of Ynnead?
Heres an Avatar of Khaine compared to an Avatar of Khorne to confirm that theory.

WS10 BS10 S6 T6 W5 I10 A5 LD10

Bloodthirster
WS10 BS10 S6 T6 W5 I9 A6 LD9

Heres a Keeper of Secrets
WS9 BS6 S6 T6 W5 I10 A6 LD9

Heres what I expect the Avatar of Ynneads statline to be
WS9 BS6 S6 T6 W5 I10 A5 LD10

Again, please, if you have The Fracture of Biel-Tan please post actual Avatar of Ynnead stats.

Alright, here we go, found them. Pretty much exactly what I suspected. Look at the Avatar of Ynnead special rule, Eldar armies will now start feeding themselves to Slaanesh mid game. Delicious.

Is Isha Nurgle? Who is Tzeentch?

Isha is the first true Eldar Woman, and for some reason she's immortal. Probably was granted demon princedom by Nurgle or Khorne in the old days.

Nurgle is masculine. Nurgle is likely Asuryan since he's described in Eldar mythos as "Khaine's older brother." If Nurgle is Asuryan, it explains why he saved Isha from Slaanesh. Tzeentch might be Cegorach since he's a trickster and survived where the other gods died, but performance falls under Slaanesh's domain, not Tzeentchs.

>Grim Reaper
>Eldar
>Good guy
Oh boy, are you in for a surprise.

That's the Night Bringer, if I'm not mistaken. He's neither the grim reaper, eldar, or good. What's your point?

How is that feeding themselves to Slannesh?

Because Ynnead is a warp entity that feeds on eldar souls, and I only know one being that does that.

You do realise that Ynnead is a new warp entity that takes the eldar souls? That's why it has that rule, it saves their souls instead of consuming it (as far as we know)

> eternal pleasure
That will never satisfy you.

Vs.

> eternal sickness.
But freedom from suffering

They don't really, in terms of power (and sometimes followers)

Nurgle when theres big plague > Khorne > Tzeentch > Nurgle > Slaanesh

At least if you go nurgle you actually enjoy your sickness, it doesn't hurt at all

>that picture
>the depth of field is wrong
>night bringer is behind them in the middle
>two guys are facing away and shooting at nothing
>one guy is literally not shooting
>guy in the back is shooting the terminator

>nonbinary gender

You mean... just like any other Eldar? Retard.

> But instead of something cool or interesting, Ynnead is just Slaanesh 2.0, complete with Daemonette aesthetics and nonbinary gender.

I didn't like it at first, but I think it makes a kind of sense.

See, Slaanesh is inherently part of the Eldar race. It's part of their decadence, their decline, their barely-controlled cruelty. No matter how hard they tried, they couldn't make a God with non-Slaanesh aspects.

Like, I was assuming that it would be a sterile, humorless, emotionless death god. (Sort of an opposite to Slaanesh). But the Eldar don't want that, they're creatures of excess. So even their purpose-crafted Death God is a psychadelic ninja clown.

When Death comes for the Eldar, it's faaaaabulous.

I'm sorry, you want something more hardcore than weilding a cloak of spiky cum?