Character Art Thread: Science Fiction Double Feature

Let's have a thread for all your sci fi/cyberpunk/modern-ish character needs.
Bonus points for any form of civilian clothes/non-armor military wear

Only posting in hopes Dr. X will build a creature.

Have some androids fighting for your troubles

I'm sure there's a Brad and Janet in here somewhere.

And he's probably wearing silver underwear.

Somebody mention the invisible man?

This came from outer space, presumably at a deadly pace.

This planet looks pretty forbidden

And it was really hot for some reason.

this guy's stuff is 10/10

Anyone have some Russian (Soviet) or German (Nazi) inspired stuff like pic related? I've been searching for some more but google has failed me.

Requestan pilots.
Preferably lady pilots.

Anchoring from

Much love brah.

>Sci fi thread
>asks for fantasy adventurer
what did he mean by this

>character art thread
>reeeeeee only OPs request is permitted
>reeeeeee /r/ing anything else is a bannable offence

>Hmm
>I could request in one of the eighty billion fantasy saturated character art threads
>Nah. I'll post in the SF thread and get offended if people point out how stupid that is

The only other art thread up and below image cap right now is the even more niche cyberpunk art thread, which is nearly into the archive. Stop being a fag about whether people are posting forest elves or space elves.

Not him, but almost all of the character art threads I see are either just pic related with varying amounts of tech, cyberspunk, or both.

Oh wait, I missed the Japanese art thread. My bad.

How about you stop being a fag and shitting up the thread. Jesus christ. Give people five minutes and I'm sure there'll be a fantasy art thread.

>samefagging this hard

I'd like elves in modern/futuristic clothing if that's okay.

no u

If you're going to shitpost, at least post art while you do it.

Anyone have people who've just been shot?

How's this? Or looking for something more casual?

Does anyone have pictures of men in sci fi/shadowrun esque outfits like pic related? The first few pictures posted are pretty good for what I have in mind.

Define Shadowrunner-esqe. Tight? Operator-y? Cyberpunkish?

Very good. Perfect!

Could use some close-up headshots to use as "Talking Heads" in an online game I'm running, preferably uncanny valley masked folks like pic related, or just depressed and/or shell-shocked people.
Robots/cyborgs also welcome

Tight I suppose

Y'got more in this style, really digging it?

why are robots so cool guys?

They actually tend to generate a lot of heat

The original Kruger design was so much cooler than what ended up in the movie.

Here's a handful more pieces from the same artist.

And I fucking forgot to post one.

Anyone is looking for anything specific or should I just continue with the random dump?

Anyone here?

stupid desing on so many levels

Elaborate.

I mostly agree btw

First of all, there is hardly any need for an focused sensor array with human sized or larger robots, since the transfer of data happens much faster than with human nerves and creates an additional structural weak point, namely "head".

Also it might seem smart to create robots which can fit equipment made for humans like armor and guns, but the thing here is... the basic human shape has a great utility but is a lot of work to create somthing that fits properly for it, try knitting a sweater and you will know what i mean.

While the basic humanoid for is great for utility purposes, it also brings a lot of weakpoinst with it, since the applications are spread widely and less focused, like what you will want to have when you build a finely tuned death machine.

>First of all, there is hardly any need for an focused sensor array with human sized or larger robots
Mostly agree, but you would want to have a decently powerful sensor which can pop up over obstacles without exposing the rest of the body, a head could accomplish this. Although you wouldn't put anything critical there (like a brain) and you would have other sensors elsewhere.

>2
Presumably real companies would develop equipment and the robots in a way to mostly avoid the issue, many artists dont take this into account though.

>3
I think there is a few instances where humanoid robots would work, but mostly for aesthetic reasons. I can picture companies wanting humanoid robots for security work over something less PR friendly.

What do you think would be a good shape for a generic infantry robot?

There ya go.

desu your pic seems already to be a solid choice.

+Seperated limbs are nice for quick piece replacement.

+Multiple sensors

+can vary in profil sice to take/shoot over cover

+looks like it can stand back up if its toppeled.

+- five limbs ? I'm a fan of redunant systems but 5 seem like an... "special" choice

-+Looks pricy of build by todays or near futures technology standart, would need a copmarision to the upbringing, training and equipment of a soldier from the same technology level.

-pea shooter gun on top.