/ss13/ - Nuking the Carp Edition

Welcome to the thread for d20 station, a rules light, medium RP Space Station 13 server.

>What is Space Station 13?
It's a 2D top down atmospherics simulator with who dun it gameplay layered on top. Each crew member aboard the station has a specific job to perform, while a select few are selected to be traitors (assassin/spy/thief).

>Why is this on muh Veeky Forums?
d20 is a server made for fa/tg/uys by fa/tg/uys

>How do I play?
You'll need to download the BYOND client.
BYOND Download link: byond.com/download/
A BYOND account is HIGHLY recommended

To connect: Open BYOND, click the gear in the upper right. Click "Open Location" and paste in the IP below (Visual guide: i.imgur.com/d9D82fK.jpg).
byond://76.16.8.127:28014 OR byond://d20station.ddns.net:28014

>I'm new, and I don't know what the fuck to do. How do I swap hands?
Use OOC (backspace say" in the bottom, type OOC and hit enter, or: i.imgur.com/RodAGGZ.png), which means Out Of Character chat, and ask someone for help on how to play. People will almost always help you get a grip of the game if you're polite about it, just don't reveal too much in-round information in OOC.
There's also wikis dedicated to documenting the spaceman way of life, but they vary widely from server to server.

>What are the rules?
The rules are very relaxed and admins try to take a hands-off approach to administrating. Admins will generally only intervene if someone is explicitly playing to ruin the game. Reminder to read the rules in-game.

>What map/code do you run?
We run a heavily modified Ministation map with mostly custom code. Most jobs on Ministation are merged with similar counterparts and head roles have been re-enabled.

>When does everyone play?
The server is mostly populated with Americlaps, so peak times are usually between 7pm-3am EST

>Who are these tripfags?
Usually admins/coders for the server

Miscellaneous links pastebin (updated): pastebin.com/5jJ6E75M

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XnFSb8xcmN4
d20station.ddns.net/Wiki/index.php/Main_Page
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

bampu

How many carp spawn in an average migration?

What is the highest amount of carp you spessmen have robusted in a single life?

A good Team can hold them off for hours, given they have supplies. (Food,Water,Powercells,Ammo)

I probably killed hundred of Carp.

Around 350 carp spawn in a single migration.
If tactical medibot napping counts then I estimate 300 or more.

>tfw an obviously new player joins and you lure him into a secluded area, shoot him up with morphine and suck out his DNA

Is the game wigging out for anyone else?

Holy shit that's a lot of carp

The carp to spessman ratio is 70:1

Bump for dorf.

youtube.com/watch?v=XnFSb8xcmN4

Pancors R Us

It wasn't the carp that killed me, it was the griefers. The carp couldn't hurt my cyborg metal body.

There's a functional TEG, a largely complete research department, and reinforced turret emplacements around every exterior airlock. The cloner has been fully upgraded as well
It won't last if not maintained, but it should be EASY to maintain.

You can get most any worthwhile gun and energy weapon out of the protolathe right now, and the ammolathe should have a good amount of gunpowder in it.

Try not to fuck it up, I've already had to stomp out two spider outbreaks before they could consume the braindeads.

Look towards getting stable food production up, and a more reliable power supply. I recommend a team getting together to build solar outposts at the edges of the asteroid.

>solars
If R&D is done why not just go nuke cells?
How do solars deal with hitting the edge of the map when checking their 40 range for vision blocking objects?

>If R&D is done why not just go nuke cells?
Freeman will scream into the void and then summon doom in his autistic fury.

astv and I have, twice now, built impermeable nuclear reactors, only for the round to end the moment we looked away

Someone please put a hypercell in the primary hallway APC.
It's important, trust me.

Ignore Freeman. There is no reason to be mad at nuke cells being put into SMES units.

it wasn't the carp that killed me, It was running out of air mid medibot nap. and with an old fashioned energy blade I killed at least 50ish before the overwhelming number of cyborg sharks kept me downed.

What the hell, I'm in. Been wanting to play some ss13. whats the server population at?

>Sabaton

>only for the round to end the moment we looked away
Probably just Relaxe DDoSing the server.

Can beepsky kill carp?

Sady not. Industrious spacemen could Lazarus Injector various hostile mobs and use them to stem the carp tide, but then your fellow crew members would be targets as well.

Though a station with 4 Lazarus'd MechaCarp on its side can deal with having to go around.

what are the peak times for the server? whenever i want to play on the server its completely empty

I think the general rally time is 7pm EST but we usually see clumps throughout the day.

Weekends are best as most everyone has a job, classes, or both, to deal with on weekdays.

I'm totally not posting from work.

GMTs a bitch, i might join tonight though

Try AEST. Trying to line up with EST is a pain.

glad to see australians still being punished for their ancestors crimes

except they leak radiation everywhere and kill people when idiots don't handle them properly

Hence the double reinforced wall, shielded, warning sign-riddled box isolated a fair distance from the station.

yes but that's not the same as saying "there's no reason to not use nuke cells in a SMES"

I need an honest answer to this: why is there a thread on Veeky Forums talking about d20station and not a thread on Veeky Forums talking about Veeky Forumsstation?

Veeky Forumsstation moved to forums and has alienated much of their Veeky Forums audience, causing them to be deemed TGstation by some (Veeky Forums related in name only).

d20station, however, is hosted by a fa/tg/uy, for fa/tg/uys and is coded by fa/tg/uys among other things.

tl;dr

TGstation has forums, d20 uses Veeky Forums to maintain a connection to the community that is the intended audience.

Oh man, I love when this picture shows up.

My wife made this for me.

server back up on mini

Proofs?

Page 10 bump.

doing some event shenanigans get in here

Ah, missed it. G'night.

still goin on

But were my turrets able to hold the line long enough for the dorfs to get to safety?

>tfw you spawn a few hundered too many skeletons

>wiki literally has not been touched by anyone but me in the last four days
HEY
MAKE AN ACCOUNT AND START DOING SOME SHIT
d20station.ddns.net/Wiki/index.php/Main_Page

The ride never ends!

So, being a complete novice at this game myself, can someone recommend the first step I'd want to undergo to get a private server and highly-detailed map like the one in the description?

What would you accomplish, hosting a private server, when you are so new?

That said, there are builds of Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums and NT usually floating around somewhere. Some are open source, so you can just rip them to your heart's content. I don't have exact links handy, but you can google around, or go to the Veeky Forums thread if you don't mind being ridiculed.

Electric welder upgrade for engiborgs when?
20u internal welder is awful when attempting any large project

engineering borgs get a largetank cyborg welder so its like 40 units
if you want a private server Veeky Forums probably has their code floating around somewhere you can grab and dick around with

but learning by experience is by far the best way to remember how you learned to do something

in other news:
>RCD can build grilles and windows now
>RCD examine text shows mode and deploydir
>industrial RCD builds twice as fast as standard
>verbs added to RCD to switch mode/dir to help out handless borg friends (borg RCD fixed by the way)
>conveyor belts are no longer layered above wires/urnary devices/ect
>gave AI a proc from one of my abandoned projects that makes them check the path between them and their target for standing friendly mobs/mobs of same faction/dense turfs before shooting

Well, desu I'm thinking this looks like a fun game to play with my friends. Just don't want random people clogging up the game.

wtf I didn't type desu

It's a filter.
f a m becomes Senpai
t b h becomes Desu
Personally I find it hilarious.

Man I hope I didn't fuck that up.

I have time to space station tonight. I'll get on around 4pm est and stay on until 7pm.