Pathfinder General /pfg/

Pathfinder General /pfg/

What sort of moral quandary has your character dealt with in your past?

Unified /pfg/ link repository:pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW

Avowed Playtest 1:
drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2:docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1:docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2:docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3:docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Old Thread:

>tfw your filename for the OP image has somehow stuck around for years and is still alive and kicking

Xth for Asmodeus needs to be overthrown

It doesn't help when Iomedae does such questionable shit and the Pathfinders themselves are about as self-serving and blundering as you'd expect PCs to be.

But determination is cute, user.

Probably, the first real moral quandary he set upon in his lifetime was whether or not he could kill another person, even if it was in self-defense.

He still doesn't like to kill if it can be avoided, but if it's unavoidable, he's willing to... though the first time it happened he was a wreck for the next week. Poor kid was just too pure for this world.

Who are the true heirs of Aroden's civilization and legacy? Cheliax, Molthune, Andoran and Taldor are all contenders in her mind.

>what sort of moral quandary has your character dealt with in his past

He had to decide whether or not he would murder a rapist that was wrongfully acquitted.

He beat him senseless with a hammer in an alleyway and stabbed him to death with his own shortsword.

Taldor, without question.

Molthune, obviously.

>a paladin dealing with the burdens of godhood and struggling to define what good and law are when she's the biggest authority there is could have been interesting

I want to marry this Iomedae! What are my chances?

What are the possibilities of political marriages with human nobility?

>wanting papa asmo's used goods
Actually on second thought I'd be honored.

With dragons I mean

Are you an Azlant, look like Aroden, or secretely are him?
If not, then don't bet on it. And whatever you do, don't take her special Prestige class, otherwise it might be freaky for some androgynous fuccboi that looks like her trying to propose

Quit with your stupid Asmodeus memes, m8. He only ever fucked his "brother" and we all know it.

What if I'm a dragon, look like Apsu, and might secretly be him?
Will that work?

But is it without question? Taldor wasn't even the center of Aroden's teachings while Aroden was alive, what gives them that position now that he's dead?

Molthune is a prominent choice. They respect the rule of law, and follow the teachings of Aroden in building solid positions and innovating, but Aroden was not a war god, and she doubts that Molthune will retain its current position without the warlike culture that form its foundations.

There is a reasonable chance him and Sarenrae boned.

Proper breeding and a kingdom with real pedigree, my dear. Those other riff-raff simply can't compete without undignified compensating efforts. It's quite pathetic.

>implying two people who competed for the same angelic dick would ever bone

That would be the height of awkwardness, user.

Conjurar or exploiter wizard?

Also, you have 15 rp to build your race, what will you make and clean would you pick?

I need something to Gestalt with Asmodean Advocate for my Wrath of the Raunchy application. I'm planning on being a Devil-spawn tiefling descendant from a Drowner Devil.

I talked about him in last thread that he was an orphan of the Goblinblood wars and orphan in the Asmodean orphanages. He was trained, leveled up a few times, and was sent north as a representative of the particular small sect of the Asmodean church he belonged to.

I need something that fits with Asmodean Advocate. I would like to be an initiator.

Which of the initiators would fit best with an Asmodean Adovcate thematically? Is there an anti-paladin initiator archetype I could stack with Tyrant?

Which clasa

That's all well and good, but what will we do AFTERWORDS to make sure we aren't in a worse situation, like Chelish holdings feeding into Nidal, or another Eternal Revolution like Galt, or the whole nation falling into another Civil War like after Aroden's death?

We need to consider, before manuevering to overthrow Asmodeus, how to do so while maintining order and not just making things just as bad as before, and to ensure there isn't room for some other jerk just like Asmo to muscle in.

So, how will we do it, and who can be trusted to be the new patron of the mightiest empire currently in Avistan? We can rule out Iomedae, and Molthune and Druma are both currently where Abadar has his efforts occupied, and its unsure of Torag even wants to deal with a non-dwarvish empire. and going full fedora has will just leave us with another mess like Rahadoum
So who and where does that leave us with?

Class

Noble lineage isn't a facet of Aroden's teachings. His greatest servants weren't kings and queens, but those of low birth and who gave up what else they had in service to him. Your claim to former glory is the only thing that qualifies you for consideration, not an victory by default.

Nah I could completely see it happening because Aniki Ihys wouldn't bone either of them. Kind of like bitter hate fucking because neither of them could have Ihys's D.

Am I allowed to minmax my race? If so I go:

>Azlanti Noble
>Advanced (+2 Str/Dex/Con, +4 Int, -2 Cha)
>Advanced Int (+2 more Int)
>Linguist (because I like knowing languages)
>Flexible Bnus Feat
>Skilled
>Light Sensitivity

Why rule out Iomedae? If you're worried about her impetuous nature, give her a few moderate, Neutral Good advisors, like Sarenrae and Shelyn.

Yes, you are.

Not gonna lie, now Asmonrae is sounding kind of cute.

Anyone know where I can find a download of Age of Worms and the other 3.5 adventure paths?

I'm worried about anyone who would tell her followers to kill each other over an artifact, who likes to kidnap people and drop them without warning or preparation into the Abyss, and currently has a terrorist cell waiting to strike in the middle of Rahadoum.

Iomedae is the walking embodiment of the Lawful Stupid mentality, so forgive me for wanting someone is actually Lawful Good, or at least an intellectual Lawful Nuetral

>implying she would actually listen to any advisors

She needs non-good supervisors.

Iomedae has done nothing to inspire confidence in me. Where as Asmodeus actually runs a country that, surprisingly, takes care of its people for the most part.

I'm looking to start a campaign for my friends. We mostly want to do PoW stuff, but one of them might end up playing a caster/psion. What level should we start at to both be out of the "low level shitfest" zone but not be in the "rocket tag with nukes" zone?
Level 5? 7? 9? 11?
Looking to level up a bit, but it'll be slow.

3-5.

Does PoW really get bad that quick?

>I'm worried about her non-Good acts
>clearly she needs more Non-Good to fix it

Infernalists, everybody

3 and up is just edging out of shanktown. 6 is where martials get iteratives and 7th is where wizards get fireball.

3 to 12 is a good spot, I feel.

Rahadoum needs to be liberated, user.

Wizards get fireball at 5th and sorcerers get fireball at 6th.

So any 3pp feats that really help out monks?

Less that it gets bad fast and more 'Level 3 is out of Rusty Dagger Shanktown' but 6+ is starting to get out of the range when basic soldiers and such are much of a threat.

PoW doesn't get bad quick, it's mostly broken blade and primal fury that are out of line damage wise from level 1 and up due to getting early iteratives doubling with damage boosts from boosts AND two handed weapons fighting.

I suggest switching both with fool's errand and a different discipline. Elemental flux is also pretty damaging but is not as bad.

Overall the rest are fine apart from rising zenith strike which is an outlier.

I'm more worried about non-lawful than non-good. Abadar is busy, so I would ask Irori to do it but he is too busy wanking off to his own enlightenment.

Liberated from the only regime that has brought it peace after a 300-year war? Hardly! Look at the assassins on the isle west of here, or the fiend-driven invaders from the north! Look at the Eye - even in death, the so-called gods have brought nothing but trouble to this land!

If they were respectable figures like Sarenrae she would.

My bad, for some reason had it pegged as a 4th level spell. But yeah, level 5 is where things get powerful.

Torag would be a great advisor. He's canonically one of her three favorite contemporaries (Sarenrae and Milani are the others.)

Speaking of PoW, anyone got basic tips for running a PoW-focused campaign?
How do I scale up the encounters? How many maneuvers to give to people?
Like, would an average Joe Schmoe city guard know more than a level 1 counter?
Should an Orc Barbarian have maneuvers at all?
How do I make classic monsters (like, say a chimera) fun to fight without them either going down instantly or magically having maneuvers?

It's foolish to disregard the most powerful forces for Righteousness in existence. Would you advocate folly?

Give monsters legendary actions like in 5e. A Chimera would be perfect for legendary actions.

Your average guard should know one offensive and one defensive maneuver from a mundane discipline. Iron Tortoise is a great one to use.
For monsters, Chimera Soul.

Doing so via violence will only make them more recalcitrant, and will only go towards justifying their views on religions and the gods.
You can't force a conversion on people at sword-point, nor can you murder otherwise good or nuetral people for not agreing in your philosophy, since those are EVIL acts.

Trust me, I'd like to fix those morons myself, especially considering they are curretnly destroying their country, development, and even their own ecosystems. But we can't do so without being exactly what they have lied and demonized us as. Do you really want to be just as bad as Asmodeus for the sake of "liberating" them

The problem with Sarenrae is she can barely control her own vassal nation, especially with the whole Dawnflower Schism going on. Plus Its not a nice nation either to begin with.

I'm thinking about running a 9th level module. Should I straight up increase the level of monsters?
Like, is it okay for a PoW character to one-round a CR appropriate enemy with a maneuver?

>Torag
>one of the 3 man dream team Asmo, Abby, and Torg

Perhaps, but she is more moderate than Iomedae, and Iomedae respects her as the preeminent ancient Paladin goddess.

>Asmo, Abby, and Torg
What about Erastil?

It would be a great play to muscle LE out and put more LG in. Don't discount Torag's goodness.

He hates those queers.

How do I explain picking OD on my Warder without actually being church-dude or chosen one?
I want a specific warpriest thing for thematics.

Raised as a good god-fearing man, but a bit simple.

Torag, Abadar, and Asmodeus have known each other for over 10,000 years, and have fought together on the side side multiple times. To the point the three of them worked together to create the puzzle box that sealed away Rovagug, that was the three of their's big play. They've also been together in the same Pantheon.

Iomedae isn't even a thousand years old.

She is quite literally a toddler in a group of war buddies who have known each other forever.

It is foolish to trust those who expect you to grovel before them and yet cannot care enough to keep their own sycophants or their own petty quarrels in check.

Are you a fool, user?

>Pathfinders themselves are about as self-serving and blundering as you'd expect PCs to be.

I mean, the Pathfinder Society is pretty much explicitly stated to not be the good guys.

They have some good-aligned factions, but they're very much riding the line between neutral and evil.

Hey, that's actually perfect. Didn't think about that being a good excuse to take OD.
Thanks

Why don't we just place Torag as the new Patron Cheliax instead of Iomedae? That we we can also have better cultural and economic connections with the Five Kings Mountains.

Actually, he is really good friends with and really likes Torag. See pic related. He doesn't necessarily hate Abadar, he's just disappointed that he's lost sight of what's important.
Sadly there isn't much info on how he feels about Asmodeus

What kind of standing should level 9 to 11 characters be?
As in, are they hot shit yet? Like, is the Fighter getting offers to be the duke's personal bodyguard or is he enough of a big shot to attract the attention of the king? Is the Bard known throughout the country for his lyricism, wit, and enormous dick or is he just a local celebrity?

Level 9=11 is when you're hot shit, that's the level you'll find Grand Admirals and Supreme Commanders.

Level 5 is what you're thinking of when you're just the duke's personal bodyguard or a regional celebrity, level 9 is when you start to become a big deal on the national scene, and level 15 is when words of your deeds are on the lips of tavern-goers from Kalsgard to Kasai.

9 to 11 is national to continental renown. You're not a true hero of legend yet, but you have your mentions in history books long after you've passed.

Pretty sure escalating from mortal to top tier major deity in less than a millennium is impressive, not embarrassing. All those other fucks have just been faffing around for thousands of years. That's not impressive, it's lackluster.

Shelyn is cute! CUTE!

Pathfinder gets bad that quick. There's a reason E6 is a thing. Not that E6 really helps.

>That we we can also have better cultural and economic connections with the Five Kings Mountains.

Am I the only one that really, really wants to play a campaign centered around Druma and the Five Kings Mountains, probably something focused around exploiting recently discovered natural resources and handling the numerous Reds that make the mountain range their home?

>mfw you will never become stupidly rich and have the ability to actually enjoy said wealth between missions.

Replace Asmodeus with Torag instead. Much better alignment spread that way.

>2hu actively trying to ruin out-of-combat utility in Spheres of Might because he would have to take Boxing to exploit a social talent for his INT-stacking abominations.

Who is the closest anime character approximation of Shelyn?

I thought he got kicked out of the SoM playtest.

That was a private game. He's moved to post all his shit in the public document.

Actually it's kinda the opposite; the early levels are where it's the most troublesome.

Fact is, by 10+ EVERYONE is a WMD, but it's at 1-3 where PoW classes getting that extra die of damage or giving the party a +2/+2 are a bit too much.

In the 5-10 range PoW actually can REDUCE the rocket-tag problem thanks to things like counters and even the liberal use of strikes (especially on the enemy side), which is actually a good thing.

By 16+ of course everything breaks down no matter who or what you're playing, so at that point the 4-digit autocrit stalkers and elemental cascade warders no longer matter - or rather, are exactly as much of a problem as any charger martial, full attack martial, or even fucking rogue; that is to say, whatever they target will die from massive overkill, but is doing 1600 then any worse than doing 900 or 2300 on that same guy? It's all a one-round murder, PoW or not.

I think the SoM playtest imploded anyways. Oh well, SoM looked like it could have been fun.

MORE targets.
The main "cost" of PoW is action economy. Rather than being balanced per day, a LOT of 3pp material nowadays is balanced by their actions (this includes gambler kineticists, avowed, etc etc, not just pow). Fighting large handfuls of lieutenants and minions will do far more against PoW characters than single-attacking-single-boss type encounters (which you find in a disturbing amount of pathfinder society encounters).

One guy doing one attack was already being irrevocably shut down by pre-nerf crane-wing, so you can imagine what happens when four guys surround the poor son of a bitch and proceed to more or less roman-cancel him into a pulp somewhere around the early beginning of round 1.

But a whole bunch of moderate guys with like, martial training 1? A counter here, A strike there, that shit will keep them all on their damn toes.

This applies to a lot of martials anyways; sure a PoW guy has maneuvers, but that ragepounce barbarian is tearing a mammoth's limbs off and eating them in the same turn just as easily

Level 1-3 is Rusty Dagger Shanktown
Level 4-6 is where you have a bit of a name ie. well known bodyguard for the duke
Level 7-10 is where you start to get known over a region to small nation
Level 11-13 is nationwide to continental renown and in the history books
Level 14-16 is internationally recognized hero of legend
Level 17-20 is basically being a god amongst mortals

The second playtest was canceled, but playtest 1 is still going strong.

To give an idea on the scale of some APs, Council of Thieves takes you to level 12 while Wrath of the Righteous takes you to level 20 / Mythic 10.

But... That's what people told him to do. They said "don't post it here, go away and post it directly to the people who will be able to change it"

More targets, and have counters for 1 out of every 3 dudes. Hell, give groups a floating pool of strikes and counters to use and have them all draw from the same pool.

>This applies to a lot of martials anyways; sure a PoW guy has maneuvers, but that ragepounce barbarian is tearing a mammoth's limbs off and eating them in the same turn just as easily
At the same time though, that's ALL the ragelancepounce Barbarian can do, and it takes his whole build to do it. The PoW guy does that with one or two maneuvers, and then can teleport away on his next round before doing the same amount of damage at range with sword beams and negating the biggest attack of something that manages to catch back up to him.

And all of his feats are Monkey Lunge, because he doesn't need them.

>Wrath of the Righteous takes you to level 20 / Mythic 10.
An AP actually takes you tolevel 20? How long are you allowed to enjoy being max level? Is it worth building around or is it one of those things that only last for the final session where the wizard doesnt even get to prepare new spells?

Is Fool's Errand out yet or still in playtest?

Vanilla Wrath isn't very good with the encounters, but you get to use some of the lategame powers

You're level 20 for about half of the last book, actually.

>How long are you allowed to enjoy being max level?

Long enough to have maybe three encounters with appropriately powerful foes. Wrath of the Righteous is a great many things, and one (arguably positive) of them is it's a huge-ass wankfest power fantasy letting players use the full gamut of the system to do whatever the hell they want.

Wrath of the Righteous in the hands of a DM who knows what they're doing is the best AP in the system, bar none.

Level 20 Mythic 10 means you're immortal - now, I know there's a lot of different types of immortality, but when I say immortal I mean, "nothing short of another Mythic being can kill you."

Ok so POW: haft strike apparently allows you to hit nearby adjacent targets. I'm not sure if the recent update to the srd has messed with the wording but does it really let you attack at all ranges for the low price of -2 AC?

Flonne from Disgaea

So, Shelyn's actually numerian, and uses a giant robot in battle?

Basically.

Wouldn't you?
Also, where are you getting Numerian from? And I'm pretty sure Flonnezilla is her in a costume and sizechanged, not a robot.

I get weapon finesse for free due to feat tax rules.
Is it worth the one feat slot to go for a DEX build on my upcoming ZS/OD Warder?

Anyone have opinions on this?

Not for Zweihander, no