Every one of the game group is a well-liked and successful rounded individual with one particular hobby that unites all...

>every one of the game group is a well-liked and successful rounded individual with one particular hobby that unites all of you

>then there's you, the fa/tg/uy incarnate who looks like they're just there to make everyone else look better by proxy

is this a common feel, Veeky Forums? should i shut the fuck up and blog about it instead of bringing it here?

You should do something with you life and find purpose other than making other people feel better about themselves by having a comparison with you.
I would suggest start by getting a job, but i general any proactive approach works.

i have a life and a job that pays okay. one player commented once that it really seems like my life is on power-saver mode for how little i seem to do.

also i'm the only one in the group that's fucking ugly and more money doesn't fix that

What's this character's name again?
Go jogging every day.

Christ-Chan?

>Join local Magic group
>Have a great time and make friends
>Run into an old friend from High School that I used to play Magic with
>He's moved back into the area
>Invite him to come play with us
>Everybody in the group likes him much more than me

Whelp...

>i'm the only one in the group that's fucking ugly and more money doesn't fix that
Well you can always dump her and then look for somebody else. Or look for somebody else and then dump her, if that's okay with your consciousness.

I make the most money in my group. However when my live is described to others they liken it to American Psycho. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Plus unfortunately I'm not handsome enough to be American Psycho.

>Christ-Chan?
That would be her.
Anybody got her crossover with Double (from Skullgirls)? I forgot to save it.

That's normal. When someone joins an established group, their novelty draws more people to them; they're the new hotness with new ideas, new jokes, new everything. Eventually it wears off and they're just another one of the guys; I wouldn't look into it too hard.

It's been a year.

>the guy making the most money in the group (by order of magnitude) is gay brony lawyer

I dunno, maybe this a bit in your head and this guy was a bit dickish here?
Except this one time, do you really feel they judge negatively all the time? you are not the one at fault if they are overly judgemental despite yourself always being a decent person.
IMO, that's not really the kind of reasons that should make you feel bad towards other people but I could understand why you feel bad if you are by a fair margin the least attractive guy in the room.

Well they still like you right?
Some people have an easier time to make friends and are appealing to more people but that don't means you should underestimate what you have.
It could take you some attempts to find people who really like a lot.

*like you

Describe your group, unless everyone else shows up wearing designer outfits I doubt you stick out that much

Do you enjoy playing with them? Do they enjoy playing with you? Get some excersize and work on your self esteem. I know more than one dude who is not great looking and isn't rich and they date models. Actual models. Youve got to just make reasons to feel good about yourself then follow through on them.

Veeky Forums is probably a bad place to start...

>one player commented once that it really seems like my life is on power-saver mode for how little i seem to do.
then fucking do something mate, i would suggest working out or some sport, that helps a lot with the ugly part and with the lonelyness

>also i'm the only one in the group that's fucking ugly and more money doesn't fix that

Then be kind and cheerful. Bring snacks and share. People like a good attitude more than they like a millionaire (whom they're more likely to be jealous of).

who said i'm lonely? i just can't fix that both my parents looked nothing alike and wound up putting all their weirdest features together to make my face.

i'm consistently a guy that girls who like weird-looking guys look at. girls who talk shit about male models and then are like "nah but you, you're pretty good"

so it's not a lonely thing. it's a "man everyone here's really attractive and i'm really a niche look"

two of them do. one is a weebfuck but she dresses conservatively to bring her face out more. one dresses normal but always is talking about going on dates and such.

worse yet, i do exercise. spend two hours a day at a rec center with old people who smell like death. i just can't shake what feels like a plain fact that i do not have a nice face and everyone around me seems so much more active than i do.

>purpose
>in this ephemeral, material existence

I don't know whether to envy your resolve or admonish your naivete.

i'm the GM. the group's amazing and kind and we all look out for one another. my personality's been praised multiple times by everyone there for being a rare person they're surprised exists outside of fiction.

but i still feel like i don't fit in. they act much friendlier with each other and i'm happy for that but it's like that fucking...that hunchback movie, where the central message is "don't be a dick, let people be happy for their own decisions" kind of way?

My group puts up with a lot more of my issues than I would if I had anything resembling dignity, and certainly a lot more than I suspect even a blog would put up with. Oh, wait, no one would read a blog if I wrote one.

We all met way back in high school, but I'm not sure why they even try to stick around.

my problem is the exact opposite. im a sociable, employed, normal bro who happens to like boardgames. every game group i show up at is full of wheezing, dandruff covered weeaboos who throw tantrums when they lose. i just want to play some games, user.

>That feeling when you run into the problem of feeling that nobody likes you even though they seemingly enjoy being with you.

Story time Veeky Forums
>Go on movie date with a girl last night
>First date and thought it went well. Laughed at my shitty jokes and she seemed happy
>Tell her at the end I had a good time and hope we can go out again
>She says she had a good time and says yes to going out again
>Invites me inside to chill, chat, meet her roommates
>Have to get home and get some shit done so decline
>Asked her today if she wanted to go for dinner next weekend
>Said she might have study for midterms
>Get this creeping feeling she's just blowing me off and she doesn't wanna hurt my fee fees.

Fucking kill me Veeky Forums I think I'm going fucking nuts.

>i'm the only one in the group that's fucking ugly
>parents’ weirdest features together make my face.
>i'm consistently a guy that girls who like weird-looking guys look at. girls who talk shit about male models and then are like "nah but you, you're pretty good"
>so it's not a lonely thing. it's a "man everyone here's really attractive and i'm really a niche look"
Yeah, that’s not really “ugly.”
My advice is to dress better.
I was born with a cleft palette so severe that I didn’t have the soft bit of cartilage at the tip of the nose.
My baby pictures look like I was E.T.’s adorable lovechild.
After several operations, I have a nose that looks like I dumped a snowmobile on it and one of my eyes looks a bit lower than the other.
And I knew I wasn’t ugly. But it wasn’t until my girlfriend took me clothes shopping that I realized that I could actually look really good.

continued...

>i just can't shake what feels like a plain fact that i do not have a nice face and everyone around me seems so much more active than i do.
You are creating these comparisons all by yourself.
Your friends are just average people.
What’s going on is in your reactions, your brain, and you have the power to do something about it.
As with all insecurities, thought patterns, and habits, it takes a lot of work, practice, and self-forgiveness to teach yourself to genuinely see yourself as you are.

>it really seems like my life is on power-saver mode for how little i seem to do.
Then do more?
Try a change of scenery.
Go somewhere new, get distracted by finding your way around, discovering new things, seeing new sights, and visiting new places. Get stimulated by the new experiences and too engaged in your own life to think about everyone else’s.
Seek out new things to do or see. Broaden your world.

>worse yet, i do exercise. spend two hours a day at a rec center with old people who smell like death.
This doesn’t sound like you are enjoying your exercise.
Take even better care of yourself.
Exercise is well documented as a mood-booster, but sometimes it never works for some people until they find the right place.
I prefer isolation and music, other prefer company and encouragement.

>fa/tg/uy incarnate who looks like they're just there to make everyone else look better by proxy
This doesn’t sound like an honest, healthy self appraisal. It sounds like bullshit.
Be honest with yourself and others.
It sounds like your friends are pretty cool and not bothering you, but if they do or say things that are making you feel this way, talk to them honestly about it.
They might offer some help and advice and some of it might be worth listening to.

People are not static, remaining just one way forever.
You can become a happier version of yourself.
Keep practicing.
Work hard not to give into every opportunity to criticize yourself.
Remember your strengths.

You're actually the most pathetic of your group. Also, take it to /r9k/ - Don't expect a pity party.

Story time Veeky Forums
>Go on movie date with a boy last night
>First date and thought it went well. Laughed at his shitty jokes and he seemed happy
>Tells me at the end he had a good time and hopes we can go out again
>Say I had a good time and say yes to going out again
>Invite him inside to chill, chat, meet my roommates
>He declines saying he has to get home and get some shit done
>Get this creeping feeling he's just blowing me off and he doesn't wanna hurt my fee fees.
>He asked me today if I wanted to go for dinner next weekend
>Said I might have study for midterms
>Fucking kill me Veeky Forums I think I'm going fucking nuts.

Did sound too desperate user?

Well, maybe it's not your fault, he just has second thought about this whole homosexuality thing...

>tfw have never had friends so you don't need to worry about anything like this

Damn I love my life.

sounds like you got in a pretty nice group.

i mean, if you feel depressed or demoralized by them, you really shouldn't. life isn't fair and their lives are not like yours. if there's some things that sting really hard that you feel like you could change, maybe just take it as motivation to change those things; it can be hard to do things for yourself that are easy to do if it's to live up to the expectations of people you admire.

>also i'm the only one in the group that's fucking ugly and more money doesn't fix that

Oh honey, more money certainly does fix that. But not more money like "I got a raise so now I make $11 an hour!" but more money like "I make six figures and vacation every year".

>one player commented once that it really seems like my life is on power-saver mode for how little i seem to do.

DO. MORE. STUFF. Find other hobbies or something that you enjoy. Go to the fucking gym and lift. This whole "Redpill" nonsense has gotten out of hand, but at the core of their ideology they do have some things right: If you lift and get in shape your self confidence (or frame as they like to say) will increase significantly. That is such a huge boost. And once you become more confident you'll do more things, and people will want to be around you more often so you'll make more friends.

>i just can't fix that both my parents looked nothing alike and wound up putting all their weirdest features together to make my face.

Dude 100% chicks don't give a fuck about your face if you have a nice body.

>girls who talk shit about male models and then are like "nah but you, you're pretty good"

Stop hanging around these girls if they aren't going to fuck you. IF THEY AREN'T FUCKING YOU YOU DON'T HAVE TO STICK AROUND FOR THEIR BULLSHIT.

>i do exercise

What exactly do you do?

>Fucking kill me Veeky Forums I think I'm going fucking nuts.

You are reading way too much into this and you're investing way too much. She probably really does have to study. If she's not lying to you or if she is lying to you, the outcome is the same. Just start talking to some other chicks and call her again in a couple of weeks.

>i'm consistently a guy that girls who like weird-looking guys look at. girls who talk shit about male models and then are like "nah but you, you're pretty good"

How's this even a problem you whiny bitch? Just play to your strengths. Date girls who like weird looking dudes. That's not even remotely a problem if you aren't a faggot about it.

>Dude my wizard sucks in close combat, fuck this game
>My 40k Khorne army is shit in the psychic phase, might as well quit playing
>hurr durr nurr durr

>You are reading way too much into this
This.

That's really what I was driving at with >If she's not lying to you or if she is lying to you, the outcome is the same.
This is the truth beneath everyone who whinges over what someone is *really* thinking.

>Just start talking to some other chicks and call her again in a couple of weeks.
Weeks seems excessive, but each situation is different.

Yeah sounds like your face thing is just in your head. You obsess over it and think that's what makes you unattractive, while in reality most people don't give a fuck what your face looks like. That means what's wrong with you is your shitty insecure attitude not your looks, which is tough shit because you can't fix being a beta pussy with surgery. I suggest that you develop some disability to make yourself a more interesting person, like a fucked up face from a failed suicide attempt.

>Weeks seems excessive, but each situation is different.

2 weeks doesn't seem that excessive. She said she had to study. I'd give her a week or two and then call again. And if she said she was busy I'd just put the ball in her court and tell her to give me a call when she was free to go out. Then I would do something else.

If she calls: Great we go on a date

If she doesn't call: Then I just continue doing whatever else I was going to do

I think people get too tied up into this, it's really not that complicated. I'll admit the first time I started dating and got my dick wet I went a little crazy. But with time I've realized that not every time you go out on a date is it going to turn out like a romantic comedy. Sometimes you just want to fugg and she just wants a free meal.

As one of those people you're talking about, with a lot of friends like you: don't worry about it. I don't think less of you jut because of your appearance. Hell, if you don't smell bad, have confidence, and are funny, you'd pretty much just be a fat normalfag these days.

It only becomes awkward or undesirable if someone smells unhygienic or if they act weird.

>2 weeks doesn't seem that excessive. She said she had to study. I'd give her a week or two and then call again.
Like I said, it varies.
If her midterms are in a couple days and you wait two weeks to call her, she's going to apply her own reasons for why you waited before you even get a chance speak to her.
A lot can happen in two weeks.

This is why I prefer to make things clear.
The last girl I told that I was going to call her, I explained on Friday morning that my weekend allowed literally zero time to call her until Monday and she was still anxious when I hadn't called her by 5pm on Monday.

>And if she said she was busy I'd just put the ball in her court and tell her to give me a call when she was free to go out. Then I would do something else.
This is how I would leave it when she said she had to study.

>I think people get too tied up into this, it's really not that complicated.
100% truth

Nah, I play with a bunch of pervert weeaboos online.