Horus Heresy General

Inferno didn't save us edition

Cuckstode Shitposters are the new cancer sub-edition

Psi-Titans are grimdark, Inferno continues to divide us and more in the last thread

>THE ONLY SCANS WE'LL EVER GET
mediafire.com/file/cxrk2978wbwkmv0/Thousand Sons.pdf
mediafire.com/file/t6y7bddxcy387yw/Space Wolves.pdf
mediafire.com/file/8ukjwhr4a8x6tet/Titan Guard.pdf
mediafire.com/file/1voouhaka9bctd9/Talons of the Emperor.pdf

>HHG
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries
mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA Exploitable v1.pdf

>BoP's Paint guide
imgur.com/a/aBKJE

>HH Discord
discord.gg/wYS2J6b

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dLMuv5dc-rQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

This thread made me bitter.

You've saved us, we're grateful.
Also, what's that Reaver's gun?

Are you an Iron Warrior?

Help me choose a 30k army, /hhg/.

I don't particularly like vehicles and actively dislike using transports in particular. From what I understand, HH has become nearly as vehicle-heavy as modern 40k. With this in mind, what legion would be best for running a mostly infantry list that can still combat vehicles in a reliable manner?

Space Wolves, World Eaters or Death Guard. They're the mostly-Infantry legions.

What are their anti-tank tactics?

New scan of the book is where?

Alpha Legion or Raven Guard, WE are also good but get shit on by artillery and IW/IF are also good with blobs if you give each blob a fortification as a means to move up a bit and not get shit on by arty.

AL/RG are your best bets, 60 marines with apothecaries in your deployment zone turn 1 aint no laughing matter.

Heavy Support Squads, or deep-striking Meltabomb units/Dreads.

Death Guard in particular can get relentless Heavy Support Squads for Mobile firepower with the right Rite of War.

Dreads, HS and SS squads.

>My favorite lists are always a small deathstar, lots of infantry, and less than a handful of dreads or preds to handle anything else.

Titanicus will save us!.

Three more weeks until the book gets a general release. After that, beg for someone to take a bunch of crummy camera snaps.

Model pix when

Probably the Open Day in May

That's not us, user, that's our SoH brothers in their Long March.
We do get them as troops in the Reaping though.
"Dynat", Harrowmaster of the AL.
His whole point is to make his infantry and dreads inflict more Explodes! and Sweep advances.
But Mechanicum forces fucking shit Haywire out of every pore.

Danke.
That does sound nasty.

-------------
What is most important for an infantry army, numbers, firepower, or maneuverability?

Hey there, dumb question from someone who is just getting into 30k (and 40k after a long long hiatus, so pardon my donkey brains here)

How does the RoW Primarch's Chosen interact with the compulsory praetor/centurian tax that the SW have? Does that over ride the requirement, as the primarch must be the compulsory? Or are you simply not allowed to take it?

Can't take it

Why the fuck can't Knights use two ranged/melee weapons in 30k?!
I want my Gatling hands!

Thanks, wasn't sure.

Starting work on a Megarachnid army using a modified version of the 4ed nid codex and spider goblin models

I would have been very disappointed if this had any other title. Good job.

Behold

Numbers, maneuverability is acquired with transports and so is firepower so you want your infantry to be numerous so you can survive the shelling.

If you do play AL then you could infiltrate a bunch of bolter squads to deal with infantry and meltagun squads plus Dynat to deal with Tanks.

You could also use a World Eater Drop Assault Vanguard to come in with a huge ammount of jump infantry turn 1, weather the first round and chop shit up next.

It depends on what you want really.

Post the rules.

Thin layers for you and all your critters, user!

Please keep us updated. I love this idea.

Here's the only canon image of a Megarachnid. Hope you have it handy for easy reference.

That's a goddammed Tyranid Warrior and MkVII chestpiece

Not quite. Tyranids only have 6 limbs. 2 for combat, 2 for walking and an extra set for weapons. A Megarachnid has 8 legs. The front 4 are bladed like Tyranid ones for combat, the other 4 are for walking on.

Where do the Siege Tyrants lie, user?
>I stiill love this Perty

think 30 combi plasma mordaethyn are enough to rape cuckstodes or should i run 40 of them?

With AL you can do some funny things with infantry. What would you think about 20 breachers with 4 grav-guns and apothecary that infiltrates, which also has a vigilator attached to it so the whole unit has Stealth and can Scout even closer.
Field this with the Recon Company ROW for Shrouded on top of the Stealth and it becomes even more hilarious. That's 20 marines with a 4+ cover in the open, invulnerable save, FnP and enough grav guns to shit on any vehicle that isn't a spartan or bigger. Want to charge it ? Well even Red Butchers are going to get stuck on them, breaching shields means defensive grenades so only 2 attacks each, and then they have to get through the 5++ and FnP. Give the breacher sergant a breaching charge and you can even one-shot most 2W terminators.

>combi plasma
Why give Rending to a plasma gun?

so they can rape knights and drednaughts too. also id be running decap so theyd get preferred enemy against my unkillable tribune build

Holy crap.
So it sounds like Alphas are the way to go, then.

That's some nice mki armour you got their Mr. Stark

Veteran tacticals with combi-plasmas and sniper is where it's at. Give no fucks about toughness because the bolter still wounds on 4+, 'rending', and if the cuckstodes get close you can still try to bury them in up to 40 attacks on the charge.

Siege Tyrants a best

they got mcQuarrie darth vader helmets

>Veteran tacticals with combi-plasmas and sniper is where it's at.
really? i figure the twink-linked BS5 would be better. also they both have the same number of melee attacks, but cuckstodes would probably kill them first anyway since they strike first.

im thinking even just 20 MDs with combiplasmas could do some major damage to them

What the fuck do traitor legions get to balance out against custodes?

Can /hhg/ help me out with some mathhammer? I'm trying to figure out how Secutarii Peltasts with Rad Carbines compare to their normal guns plus Kinetic Hammershot versus typical 30k targets (so T4 3+, basically). The way I'm visualizing it a S3 gun that wounds twice on 6s is basically just a S4 gun versus T4, but I'm not sure that's right. If it is, that actually means that Rad Carbines do the exact same damage as spending 3ppm on Kinetic Hammershot (and double the cost of the models) on MEQ targets; the only advantage Hammershot has is 6" of range and Rending for 2+ targets.

Since the 40k Peltasts rules don't have Triaros access (yet) I'm really tempted to just build Skitarii Vanguards and give them a more Secutarii-ish paint job so that I can run them either as Vanguards in 40k or Peltasts in 30k. The math working out kind of seals the deal since there's there's not much reason to spring for the kits if they're not really an upgrade. Normally I'd be all about doing the proper conversions but fuck, man, it literally doubles the cost of the infantry in the list.

If I'm doing it wrong, though, and Hammershot is better than Rad Carbines I'll probably still just get the bits.

Cultist allies.

As for non-specific stuff: Vindicators. Rending sniper flamer vets. Etc.

alpha legion infiltrating like 40x plasmagun support squads with alphameme giving them preferred enemy.

other than that, nothing.

If rapiers are infantry enough for you, take a few quad mortars with shatter shells. Four Str 8 shots with re-roll penetration really helps mowing down the lighter vehicles.

>if the cuckstodes get close you can still try to bury them in up to 40 attacks on the charge.
You do realize they're I5 and their stupid AP3 spears still make a mockery of power armour, right?
>really? i figure the twink-linked BS5 would be better
>twink-linked
Your autocorrect/muscle memory betrays you, user-kun :^)

Death.

You get ADB.

Did any Night Lords rebel and go full loyalist? Would anyone be able to tell what a loyalist Night Lords company looks like?

kek. im thinking
plasma MD > plasma vets
flamer MD > flamer vets
melta vets (+machine killer) > melta MDs

i dont know how regular support squads would stack up compared to them, probably better than vets and MDs 2bh but i dont know.

No Mor Deythan have 1 attack each, 2 for the sergant. Veterans have 2 attacks, every single one of them.

Mor Deythan are better only that one turn they pop their Fatal Strike and use the plasma part of their combi-plasma. Veterans can keep the pressure going.

Also veterans are cheaper.

Rending gun is lame to start with- if I remember correctly, the 4-shot shred gun deals more wounds on TEQs than the rending one does, sheerly from weight of fire.

But as to which you should pick, never underestimate Rad-Carbines, they'll eat Castellax, Thallax, and any pesky MCs for breakfast, as on a six you always get two wounds, and 3 shots a piece is dirty business. As for Anti-Tank, just take Hoplites or something. Mechanicum can already hurt vehicles well, so just get 3-4 mobs of peltasts (just plain ol' vanguard) do deal with blobs/MCs. Q

That Ultralfarine looks as if in a fighting game.

There are scattered reports, yes.

The former Chief Librarian actually went back to Terra. There was the one Night Lord who is with the XIXth in "The Value of Fear".

IW gets heavy bombardment and discount shadowsword, which is exactly what you need to overwhelm Custodes.
AL gets maximum infiltration and surprise Alpharius.
WE gets a party with Angron.
EC gets surprise flanking and two of the best CC characters in the game.
DG gets to compare the length of their polearms.
NL gets to cry.

>You do realize they're I5
Ofcourse, but if they're close enough that you can charge them you might as well, because if the cuckstodes charge you're even more fucked.

Charge with enough veterans and a decent number should survive to stab some golden wankers.

>Did any Night Lords rebel and go full loyalist? Would anyone be able to tell what a loyalist Night Lords company looks like?
I'd say yes.
The whole "the galaxy is a big place and some companies were away from their primarchs".
It's how the IW suddenly have like 5000+ loyalists or something.

Aren't NL pretty infantry heavy?

Yeah but NL are only good at bullying those who are weaker than themselves.

IW deployed grand companies all over the galaxy because siege business will always exist. But Night Lords all basically did terrible shit and shared in their primarch's terrible shittiness. So its interesting to me to see a Night Lords company rebel and draw the line somewhere - and exactly where that line falls in the entire spectrum of "terrible shit the Night Lords did".

Their problem is similar to RG but even worse, in that their troops literally do not know how to fight on a level playing field. RG are overspecialized on how to approach a level playing field and will get railed by a hard counter, but all NL do is terror tactics so they fucking disintegrated before the might of the 1st.

Taghmata. I'll even sell you my ~4000 point army for cheap.

>No Mor Deythan have 1 attack each, 2 for the sergant. Veterans have 2 attacks, every single one of them.
right, i forgot MDs didnt get 2 base.
>Mor Deythan are better only that one turn they pop their Fatal Strike and use the plasma part of their combi-plasma. Veterans can keep the pressure going.
yeah but you are going to pop them within 12" since youd just be nuking them turn 1, so follow up isnt a big of a deal since they are going to murder you if you fail anyway.
>Also veterans are cheaper.
yeah like 45 points cheap which is pretty significant. but MDs alpha strike harder and can scout so you know theyll be in nuke range...

i was thinking 20 MDs with plasma and 10 vets with melta and machine killers, just for the extra anti tank if i fight a spartan deathstar... but i dont know if just be better off just running plasma support squads or something

There are at least a few. A big part of the reason the majority went traitor was Konrad getting arrested (though he was ordered to assist in Istvan AFTER that happened, but what the hell), with their mentality being something along the lines of "We became monsters to help you build your empire and this is how you treat us?"
I can image at least a few instead staying loyal because "We became monsters to help build this empire and we'll be damned before we throw everything we've done away to join Horus."

If that makes any sense.

How much is cheap?

I am interested.

Many of the Legions have vehicle light / infantry heavy options. Termie spam goes well with termie friendly legions like IF, DG, and TS. You can run 1 or 2 land raiders in a Primarch-run blitzkrieg with WE, EC, and SW. If you just want to deep strike infantry all over the place, IF, TS, and SoH have formations just for that.

Would you say that loyalist Night Lords would be predominately Terran?

Thats basically true for any loyalist fringe group. Even the RG fringe group which eventually became the Space Sharks chapter didn't rebel against the Emperor and just wanted to be rid of their primarch.

The rough plan for the list was to use Matrix of Ruin Ordo Reductor for maximum synergy, but that limits the amount of Secutarii I can bring. Two Thallax for compulsory since I'm not going to have a Warhound, one unit of Hoplites for anti-tank and to have a place to put the HQs (I have to take a Magos Reductor unfortunately, and I need the Axiarch to give the Secutarii PE), two units of Peltasts, and to put all the Secutarii in Triaros at max size (18 for Hoplites, so the HQs have room) with their anti-cover trinket. I'd like to take more Peltasts, but Matrix of Ruin only has five troops slots, and scoring Triaros in enemy deployment is way too good to pass up when the random mission deployments can be so wacky.

Beyond that I think I have barely enough points for a Krios and a Krios Venator if I don't upgrade the Thallax, or I could upgrade the Magos Reductor instead of one of them so that he's more than a tax paperweight. I'd like to get Vultarax in there eventually, but for 2000 point starting out I think I'd have enough work getting all this stuff built and painted as it is. Three Triaros is a little daunting... those things are huge.

Well that duty would fall to the Terran veterans of the Eighth, the Emperor's Retribution.
>Because you aren't a dumb insane NL hobo that gets off from fear "just because".
>You aren't misguided vengeance, but righteous retribution.
>You are no night haunter, but an agent of vengeance.
>You are the Eighth.
>Don't fear the sentinel
I used up my only loyalist NL pic
youtube.com/watch?v=dLMuv5dc-rQ

Idk, 500-600? You can email me at throwawayemail748555@gmail, as it's probably best to not do transactions on an Mexican Baske-tweaving Message Board. I can give you my actual email (Contains my name, so i'm not posting it on Veeky Forums) from that one.

Gimme a second.

Do you have any non-blurry pics?
I want to see who wore it better.
I want to see if those IW who couldn't wait mere 1830410 years to get Tyrants would get embittered :^)

>it's probably best to not do transactions on an Mexican Baske-tweaving Message Board
Eh, it's your loss, mijito.

Anyone know of any Land Speeder proxies that are as close as possible to the old school 2e ones? Those look dope.

Can you play shooty Blood Angels in Horus Heresy?

Also, do they still get that sweet gold artificer armour?

Okay, just sent a message.

Yes you can. So many asscannons.

And yes, if you want them to.

Ass-Can spam.

Spam Ass Cannons, put them EVERYWHERE.

Just convert one from the plastic ones. Even something simple as removing the fender and some of the canopy helps with the visuals.

...Go on...

Heavy support squads with 10 Asscannons. Predators with sponson and pintle asscannons. Deredeos with boob asscannons.

All the asscannons.

What are those dots?

BA can pay 5 points to turn any Heavy Flamer into an Asscannon. ANY Heavy flamer.

There was a dude a year or so ago named AssCanMan who was recasting them, but he died.

Any model with a heavy flamer can exchange it with an Assault Cannon. Predators can exchange their predator cannons for a TL version to get those lovely, lovely Baal Preds.

Sounds like it's cursed.

Some power was never meant to be used.

Blood angels can replace heavy flamers with Assault Cannons across the army. And this is all Heavy Flamers. So a dread with close combat weapons can replace the inbuilt heavy flamers with Assault cannons. you can have heavy support squads with 10 Assault cannons. Predators with sponson assault cannons and a pintle assault cannon. A Deredeo can replace the chest heavy flamers with Assault Cannons.

You can spam assault cannons out the arse AND JUST DROWN THE ENEMY IN ASSAULT CANNON FIRE.

>Also, do they still get that sweet gold artificer armour?
For their elite formations, I assume.
Hey, Blood Angels get gold as a secondary colour pattern best colour, along with the arguably most sane Primarch and near OP stuff. Obligatory "how can other legions even compare?", SoHs have Catulan black as a secondary to their Verdigris, so do Salamander's Obsidian Forged stuff, so do Imperial Fists' Templar Brether and quite possibly Word Bearers too, along their formerly-elite red Blessed Children in the granite legion.

Do other legions have secondary non-Destroyer colour schemes?

Rivets?

Puppets war sells some minigun barrels you can slap onto shit like heavy bolters.

I'll rephrase that, can I play a more rounded army without relying on spam that may get nerfed in the coming weeks?

>There was a dude a year or so ago named AssCanMan who was recasting them, but he died.
Wtf happened to him?
Was it...Signus?

Are they still around in 40k? If so, do they still use the legion colors? I could use them as an excuse to play normal Marines instead of CSM.

>can I play a more rounded army without relying on spam that may get nerfed in the coming weeks

I'm still waiting for a rules update for IF, and their rules are way back in book 3. You will not have to worry about rules changes at all.

It doesn't sound very fun for my opponent though.