>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

>OP image album
imgur.com/a/fHkqJ

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-Vanguard-Hunters-en.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for the plaguefather

I'm just going to throw this in here for fun. Heres my 2k nurgle daemons list. The prince stays with the drones to activate their ability and to be extra killy. The list also has the tallyband ability where plaguebearer units regenerate lost models (I REAALLY hope thats not considered summoning)

Did you oil up your gryph's haunches tonight, AoS?

elves when?

Never

WTF is this forced meme?

Where did it come from?

What does it mean?

>GW removes the Space Marine outside HQ and replaces it with a Stormcast Eternal.

>People complain that Stormcast Eternals get support from GW over other factions.

What?

Calling oily Gryph-hounds a forced meme is a forced meme.

Wait, did this happen?

What ever happened to that ugly brown daemon prince with the pink armor meme?

Yes.

so these are as good as I am willing to make them and next up is the 30 darkshards in the back.

How does this look?

Allegiance: Sylvaneth

Leaders
Branchwraith (100)
- Artefact: Warsong Stave
- Deepwood Spell: Verdant Blessing

Branchwraith (100)
- Artefact: Acorn of the Ages
- Deepwood Spell: Treesong

Branchwych (100)
- General
- Trait: Realm Walker - Sylvaneth
- Artefact: The Silverwood Circlet
- Deepwood Spell: The Dwellers Below

Battleline
10 x Dryads (120)
10 x Dryads (120)
10 x Dryads (120)

Units
3 x Kurnoth Hunters (180)
- Greatbows

Battalions
Harvestboon Wargrove (100)
Forest Folk (60)

Scenery
Sylvaneth Wyldwood - Sylvaneth Allegiance (0)

Total: 1000/1000

Reposting.

its funny cause after reading that I feel like I have just read a typical sigmar thread.

Fucking hilarious shit there, two thumbs up!

printing now

So the eagle and bone zone are my default squares?

>Never

don't tease me ;)

They look bretty gud mate

They seriously need some washes. Otherwise I really dig the Blood Elf theme, it brings up memories.

it begins

I'm using plague monks as counters

Free space is oiled up Gryphs, so don't forget you got that one.

nice, but if it isn't the light, I would give them a wash. Also the bases could use some work.

Wait, would this count as a slow melee list?

As much as I like AoS, this still makes me sad.

Explain the moshpit and bone zone tiles

>slow melee list

Shit. So how exactly should I be playing Nurgle?

>if it isn't the light

its the light. everything is washed once at least

Paint the faces

Play it purple

>Paint the faces

above my skill level

Not purple enough

looks alright.

Hey, anybody got the Hinterlands PDF handy?

Don't fucking listen to these dipshits.

You play this list with objectives. Doesn't matter how slow you are when your opponent will have to come to you anyway and you're durable as fuck.

Only time slow melee lists suck is when they're fragile to boot.

How do you get to the objectives when you're slow and you don't do a lot of damage?

>how do you get to the objective

You run your rotting ass. If you're this worried about speed you don't play Nurgle my friend.

Legend

Thanks!

>eat the charge or get completely jammed out on objectives

yep, the nurgle experience

What if you have a thunderhead brotherhood (3x liberators + 2x judicators) that gives +1 saves vs. shooting, and slowly shamble ahead? Still shitty vs. heavy shooting units?

This guy gets it. Everyone else is memeing and hasn't played the game. Nurgle stronk.

That's comforting to hear. I'm about to plop down good money for a 1k list to give my stormcast 1k list a good foe.

And I hate painting hordes cos I suck at it.

You're the one memeing, Nurgle is shit and so are you. You don't play the game.

I'd honestly get a different army

Are you playing against a brick wall?

Nurgle is not as bad as KBB but it's still bad and easy to counter.

Hmm. I have my stormcast painted as hallowed knights, and I really wanna get nurgle because that's what they're seen fighting all the time.

I was gonna run a campaign for the boys in the office about a "lost legion" where the hallowed knights go deep behind enemy lines, and fight their way to an arcane machine that prevents the souls of fallen stormcast from returning to Sigmar.

Since I'm going to be the idiot paying for everything and painting all that shit, Nurgle seems to look real cool compared to Khorne (I don't really like the gothic theme) and Tzeench (I love them, but won't be able to paint them to look good enough).

Perhaps Skaven? Or recommend me a worthy, fluffy foe for hallowed knights suicide squad?

Jesus mold lines and unfilled gaps

Slaanesh

How to accidentally kill your flatmate

That doesn't really seem like an accident, so much as deniable

But... but... Slaneesh is no more?

in new tzeentch book he's mentioned as "absent" but not gone or dead. He mite be back, just like tzeentch getting upper hand atm because nurgle and khorne are getting pushed by order.

So I should wait for a few more months? I might just do that while building the extremis chamber side of guys.

what do you guys think about the Stormcast Vanguard Hunters??

games-workshop.com/resources/PDF/AoS_Warscrolls/aos-warscroll-Vanguard-Hunters-en.pdf

They seem handy for seizing enemy objectives/threatening enemy war machine crew/Skaven Jezzails, more so than winning a straight up brawl.

So is the Grimnir here Gotrek or the original?

Still waiting for the points. Everything comes down to how much they cost to field.

They could also use highlights, which you've been saying you'd do for months now but they still haven't materialized.

Are you lying to us user

I have a question about fluff. Where do all the factions live? Are all order factions in Azyr? If I was walking around in Azyr should I picture treedudes chillin with some golden statue with a hammer, drinking tea and being serves by an "Aelf" of questionable origin? If I turn around would I see a fat tattooed orange bearded turd riding a lava shitting lizard down a magical street with crystal cathedrals? Like what realm is everyone in? Can they be found in any realm? Im assuming most free guild soldiers wearing a dirty tunic with holy scrolls redwax stamped to them won't be chilling down the street of some heavenly crystal city, amright?

Assuming they are priced reasonably (~120), there is a lot to like about them. Their pseudo-Outflank means that the opponent will have to dedicate some units to protect his backfield, lest these assholes come in and murder the shit out of some squishy wizards or warmachine crews.
And if they are Battleline, even better.

Basically everywhere.
A significant portion of humans, elves and dwarves retreated to Azyr during the age of chaos, yes. Some of those have set out to re-populate the other realms now that Sigmar's capaign has begun to recapture the realmgates and build huge-ass fortress cities all over the place.
But others remained (and died in droves for it). There's a lot of tension between the two groups; the Azyrites see the Reclaimed (i.e. the natives of the realms) as bullheaded, shifty and prone to corruption while the Reclaimed consider the Azyrites to be pampered, cowardly and stuck-up.

Sylvaneth are native to the realm they are born in (Ghyran for the most part, but they crop up everywhere).
Fyreslayers also remained in the realms during the age of chaos.
Seraphon chill somewhere in Azyr, but where exactly isn't clear.

And, actually, yes, you'd find those freeguild soldiers in Azyrheim. There's a constant muster going on in the eternal city and forces like the Freeguild are itching to kick chaos in the balls after centuries of preparation.

So in last thread a lot of fokes suggested that I should go with skellingtons instead of Tzeentch and Ogres.

Where do I start? Start Collecting Deathrattle and then just fill out with skellies?
I was thnking about something like for 1k points:
1x Arhan
1x Necromancer
30x Skeletons
5x Black Knights
and then either keep points for summoning skellingtons, or field up another 20 of them right away.
Also, does Arkhan break deathrattle allegance and I can't use black knights as battleline?

IF they are battleline they'll be the unit of choice for cavalry-centric lists, otherwise they are a nice way to reliably project threat without using battalions.

Yes, he lacks the Deathrattle keyword.

>No Start Collecting Ogors

When will destruction get some modern non-greenskin love?

Why does Stormcast Eternals have bolters now?

you have big box with 2 mammoths, 4 mourfang cavalry and some kittens and yeties

user, they're not bolters! They're clearly crossbows except that the string goes through the magazine! Definitely NOT bolters because that is too much like Space Marines.

Because modern GW has the creativity of a brick.

Heresy... I mean, praise Sigmar! They clearly fire magical bolts!

lol, well memed

sigmarines lol, epic burn! dude age of sigmar more like age of SHITmar amirite guyz

fuck off

how about you trolls fuck off back to /whfg/

I mean, you say in your OP that AoS is #notmywarhammer and shills should go elsewhere so stay in your containment thread please.

Someone is butt blasted

Most recent mini vs first mini.

> sword need a highlight but I lost my runefang silver
> I fugged up the knife

Fuck last time I don't resize my pic, makes the whole paint job look like total shit due to the pic being about 4 times the size of the actual miniature...

I'd wait till Summer to make a decision. It's a long ways away but I bet there will be some pretty sweet kits released by then.

If they are BL and have a reasonable cost then Liberators and Judicators won't see play anymore imho.

Each model gets 4 attacks per turn, 6 attacks for the prime if I'm reading this right, and they can deepstrike. With 2 wounds and a 4+ save they're fairly beefy as well.

And where is the problem? SCE are better marines than SMs ever were. It's not like even some fucking guards are higher than SM. Age of Sigmar made everything better - killed old and bad game, gave us new rules and neat minis. I just can't wait for Emperors' death and Age of new Emperor will start

Yes, you are reading that right, though the shooting attacks only happen on your turn, obviously.
They also can't take grand weapons and are slightly squishier, but really, they have different jobs. Liberators' main job to eat charges, screen more valuable stuff and get buffed by a Lord-Castellant and a Lord-Celestant sitting behind them, Hunters are there to operate independently, harass the enemy and murder warmachine crews and buff heroes.

any recommendations for an all cav or all elite unit/monster list?

I'm this guy.I've never played WHFB, but I play AoS.

Sure, models are getting more detailed (overly so), but they're getting more static-posed and generic.

I play Skaven. Look at Stormfiends. You have 3 mono-pose dudes with only weapon swaps available. There are less posing/customizing options than even fucking clanrats.

No star collecting Naked dwarfs
Booooo

Might as well start collecting dracothian guys while I wait then.

I was thinking about starting a skaven army.
I love the looks of some of the models and the lore behind the skaven, do they perform well in AoS or not?

I heard Skryre is strong but the other clans are weak.

Flesheater court 1.5k army, elite heavy and no shooting. Good idea? Dumb idea?

- Abhorrent Ghoul King (100)
- Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
- Crypt Haunter Courtier (120)
- 6x Crypt Horrors (280, battleline)
- 1x Terrorgheist (320, behemoth)

Total: 1500/1500

Moshpit is where people think all AoS is is running your armies into the middle and killing each other. It's neglecting to even play battle plans. It's the equivalent of who just placing 40k armies down and shootign at each other.

Bone zone... I think is Skeleton army stuff? Not too sure.

>Nothing about Nurgle
So I can still ask about Papa's battletome and new models, right? Few threads ago two Anons were talking about their LGS managers and their hint to not buy GUO because a something new is coming

LGS guys never now anything more than the general public does.
Redshirts might now something like a week in advance, sometimes.

Shiet, I mean GW staff ofc. Sorry, I have only LGSs in my area so I don't really know this GW-related nomenclature

Redshirts are GW staff. Unless they are regional managers they know barely anything more than we do.
Any 'hint, hint, nudge, nudge'-stuff on their part is purely made-up.

The creator of lord Cetrix and Knight-Alexia is Introducing... The Bard
Born a poorer boy in a small township, the bard grw up scrouging for scraps of the noble family who owned the farms and village that sprawled out around them. Most of his station knew too well the limitations that their poorer breeding had set upon their dreams, but the young bard was a dreamer, enamoured with the daughter of the nobles he would spend his nights singing in the gardens beneath her balcony, just to see her smile. Night after night he sang to her, whislt she leant so elegantly against the balcony rail and smiled down to him, and with each night his confidence grew until he called up to her, begging for her hand in marriage.
The young girl ofcourse had no intent on marrying him, and yet she was curious how far her admirer would go to win her hand, telling him that if she was to be his wife he must procure a ring worthy of her hand. Now the young boy toiled in the farms by day, the living he made barely enough to cover the scraps of food that sustained him, but he knew if he could save that money... just for a while he could get a ring and win his lady love. He began to cut back on food, day by day buying a little less, his already gaunt form becoming withdrawn and skeletal and yet... when on the brink of starvation he finally bought the ring he needed to win his lady loves hand.
That night he returned to her balcony, starved and shrunken but raising the ring aloft to her triumphantly, the moonlight glinting off of its golden form. Rather than the acceptance of his gesture the boy was greeted by the riotous laughter of the young noble woman and her servants, their scorn and ridicule echoing in his ears as he staggered, starved and half dead out into the wilderness.

Too long he had gone without food, he barely made it to the treeline before his frail form and broken heart simply gave way, perishing there... alone.
Many years on, rumours and whispers across the realm speak of a voice only the nobles can hear, of a bard of sweetest tone singing sweet songs in the gardens of their fine mansions. Of young ladies slipping from their chambers in the night to find their gentleman caller. They follow a voice entranced, sweet and soft beckoning them onwards, the gentle chiming of bells ringing out in the darkness.
They see a figure clad in finery, a brazier illuminating his form in the darkness, it is only in their final moments, when retreat has lojng fled as a viable option that his sneering broken skull leans into the light. The Bard has claimed many a victim, their broken skulls adorning the chest of fine gifts for his "Courting" of the nobles, in death far more than he could ever have dreamed in life.

Yeah, I'm out. The cringe.

Cool fluff, I like to read other peoples writing for their dudes. I can post mine if you want, although I have posted it here several times before.

Nah, skryres just the best. Pestilens and verminus are also both good. Just don't run pure eshin and you'll do fine.