What are some unusual ideas for weapons in a sci fi campaign? Any level of tech, really...

What are some unusual ideas for weapons in a sci fi campaign? Any level of tech, really. I want some interesting stuff to throw at my players

Gave arm blades like those to a villain character planned for a 90's superhero setting.

He's an overweight serial killer who slashed people up with knives while skating past on roller blade, then he got caught and put on Death Row but a shadowy organisation faked his death and took him into their employ.

Now hopped up on super steroids and equipped with high-tech roller blades & deadly blades on his arms he serves as one of their deadly assassins/guinea pigs.

He is the KILLER BLADER!

This weapon design is horrible, why would anyone use this stupid arm bayonette?

Laser mines. Toss a few of the little dice sized and shaped gubbins in the floor and they spark out short range laser trip-wires opposite whatever surface they landed on. Wall, ceiling, someone's leg... They don't give a shit. They just activate, land and then start shooting a laser to try and burn someone's arm off until you pinch the base to deactivate it.
If you have a lot of time, covering a ball in them before throwing the disco ball of death into a crowd can be useful. A grenade would work better, but it doesn't have the same appeal as a DEATH SPHERE. Good luck reclaiming it afterwards though.

It's like the flagship stupid shit for a mall ninja. One who buys stuff that appears tacticool but is yes, just a stupid arm bayonet after a moment's thought.

Although now I'm looking at the image and they sort of look like crutches. And now I'm imagining a Metal Gear character with bayonet battle crutches and no legs skuttling around.

Chemrail.
Combination of chemical propellant, like a regular firearm, and an electromagnetically discharged rail system.

Shit...would play against. 10 out of 10.

Those things are so useless I would bet someone wearing them would have no chance against a another guy fighting with a single dagger.

Stun versions of everything, stun shotgun, stun bazooka, stun whip and my favorite, the remote operated stun vehicle (an RC car with a stun gun strapped on it)

>spoiler

Fouling swarms. Very basic nanobots with the ability to seek out specific chemical signals and, once there, self-destruct into a fine grit. The idea is that they're congregate on firearms and cause them to jam. Even non-explosive firearms like gauss weaponry could still be targeted based on the chemical signature of their capacitors or whatever.

Why the hell aren't tacticool battleaxes and hammers more popular when there are a million pics of scifi spess katanas?

>Killer Blader
>Not Razor Blader
8/10

Isn't that just normal projectile weapon with very high velocity? I admit it sounds more realistic than typical railgun relying purely on electricity, but it doesn't seem very exotic.

Because style is everything, chombatta.

OP: battle boomerangs.

you what?

Is that steampunk or dieselpunk, I'm confused

Had a "mining drill" that the drill part got super heated on which ended up being a favorite of the players.

>tacticool battleaxes
I know I've seen that, though you often get "needlessly squared off" rather than any useful advantages.

Though I think some entrenching tools with sharpened edges that can cut often get more mall ninja than utilitarian, much like axes

Tokyo Gore Police was so fucked up.

It was genuinely fun though. Something which most splatters/gore movies fail at despite trying hard.

I thought that was the Frankenstein's Army.

Flechette ammunition that can hold things, like electrical charge, explosives, needles that inject things into the body.